Re: Request for active moderation

whywhywhy wrote:

Just trying to put a little humor on this energy draining debate!

Bye for now,

Lee

It is energy draining.  But, I've made my point I think.   

Bye for now!  smile

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

This is a very interesting post to study and contemplate.  I am learning a great deal about peaceful interaction and how difficult it is . . . even concerning wisdom and consciousness.

It takes great strength and tenderness to moderate NR where all the ideas and frequencies can blend.  Sometimes they just don't or don't know how to do it.

Thank you for your efforts in keeping the focus of peace and insight directed.  After about a month here, I find this to be among the most brilliant sites currrently on the Web.

May love and light balance all surfacing friction.  And none of this is boring.  Like a great story.

How cool, Auendove! Yours was the first post in this thread I saw upon returning here today. LOVE the pics you chose. big_smile  Ta!

"The most important decision you have to make is whether you live in a hostile or friendly universe."
~ Albert Einstein

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. ~Marcel Proust

The evolution of humanity is an evolution of the heart. The path is through the heart.

I sure hope so, Montalk. I would definitely consider posting more actively if things start going on the up-swing again, as you said. You also make a good point about letting go, and the thought of just moving on has crossed my mind as I watched more and more threads de-volve into rambling flame-wars. To be fair, there is still alot of good posts at NR and intelligent contributors (for the record, I consider  Lyra, Montalk, dreamosis, Sowelu and several others to be the "wise elders"  of the forum, lol) and I think the new "Walking the Walk" section is a great idea. I guess I was just abit turned-off by the recent hypocrisy of people acting childish while denouncing the childish behavior others. 

I'll stick around for a while longer, not quite ready to completely abandon this place as I think the good still far outweighs the bad (please, nobody start arguing that good and bad are false dichotomies, we get it lol). Like you said, might get better, might not. We'll just have to see and wait. My grandpa always said it gets worse before it gets better...

110 (edited by Xenopope 2005-12-21 11:56:40)

montalk wrote:

I'll be deleting further posts about shoes, spelling errors, pets, trolling, mike tyson (oops wrong thread),

That thread is all wrong!! It was actually JACOB who was the reincarnation _OF_  . . . Hulk Hogan.  smile

*runz*

I am as is Void.

Noble Realmers-

*musing out loud*

Beyond polarizing a fundamentaly cohesive, yet relatively varied group, the introduction of discordance interrupts a growing sense of trust: to share, to explore, to take risks, to try on a variety of thoughts- live with them awhile and decide if they belong to our individual and collective realities.
It was interesting to me that the recent discord began on a thread where it was "seen", and understood for its basis, more quickly perhaps than if the subject matter were more complex.

Perhaps this created an opportunity for all us to reflect on the intent of our presence, our willingness to share, and where our individual boundaries may or may not impact our daily interactions.

Be well all.

SW

112 (edited by feritciva 2005-12-22 00:13:34)

Mavis wrote:

Let's hear from some of the many members I haven't yet met. Is there anyone besides Matt who lives in Sydney? Let's get to know each other - not just on the surface.

Hey, that's not fair mavis! There's no single NR'er living around istanbul! tongue

PS: "mavis" is the word used for "blue eyed" people in turkish. i don't know if your eyes are blue but from the first post you've sent i feel the uplifting and positive energy in the posts. thanks for that!

Change we must, to live again
- Jon Anderson

morningsun76 wrote:

Virtually all of the peaceful, regular contributing members to NR who have been here for the last few months have, in the past few days, posted complaints in one thread or another.  These complaints center around the actions of certain people who have recently shown up and in various ways are seriously diluting the quality of information on this forum.  I am concerned that if this continues, new truthseekers who come across Noble Realms may take one look at this forum and decide "this isn't for me," or worse, we may begin losing existing good members who get frustrated with the nonsense.

I am new to this forum.  After reading some of the nonsensical bickering between members I am becoming somewhat disinterested in participating. You are right Morningsun76. Thank you for pointing out that this is a recent development. Perhaps I'll stick around a while and see what happens.

Well, things got back to normal this past week, so I guess it was cyclical as usual. So this means - just in case anyone gets discouraged or disinterested by a recent downturn in forum harmony, give it a few days (I would suggest until at least three days after a new or full moon) before leaving, just in case things get back on track and you change your mind. But, there's no obligation to stay, so do as you feel comfortable.

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

115 (edited by morningsun76 2005-12-29 11:41:15)

seemefly wrote:

I am new to this forum.  After reading some of the nonsensical bickering between members I am becoming somewhat disinterested in participating. You are right Morningsun76. Thank you for pointing out that this is a recent development. Perhaps I'll stick around a while and see what happens.

Hi Seemefly,

Actually, I wrote those words almost exactly a year ago!   I'm more of a lurker here lately.  But, as Montalk said, these things do seem to be cyclical, so I'm glad you've decided to stick around.

morningsun76 wrote:

Actually, I wrote those words almost exactly a year ago!   I'm more of a lurker here lately.  But, as Montalk said, these things do seem to be cyclical, so I'm glad you've decided to stick around.

Interesting, it's obvious that I am not a person who pays attention to dates- maybe I should! Thanks for making me feel welcome (you to, Montalk);  it feels good to be wanted.

Without knowing the genesis or details of this matter I will say this.
We, the people need to be very careful about the entire idea of moderation by deletion because its based on control and in doing so we become like those that seek to control others.
Although this may seem a complicated issue there may be other ways to deal with it rather than denial which is what deletion is. It is true that words are quite a powerful thing and can be quite poisonous. What I would advise when this kind of thing comes up is to convene a tribunal that represents a cross section of people who represent what the community values...wisdom keepers if you will and put the offending party on notice within the offending thread as to why the behavior is not acceptable rather than trying to make everything go away and pretend that this place is all love and light etc. The ruling elite has long worked by using the cunning of various types of denial and I don't think its a good idea to mirror that. We need to go beyond somehow.
A proper response within such a thread from stalwart representatives would speak volumes in the shadow of any such intrusion as a force of creative action rather than denial. This establishes what the boundaries are and why. Boundaries are a necessary part of the 3d Earth experience and they are healthy. For any interested in the esoteric side of denial, I suggest making a study of what Steiner has written about the Asuras and also the nature of Suprasensible beings and how they impact this realm thru the mind of mankind.

This post is not intended to make anyone wrong in their viewpoint, but to offer an alternative that will empower all here. It is also a step towards further unification and solidarity in defining and refining what this network of people [spirits] wish to stand for within this plane of experience.

AS an aside, I don't generally follow threads. I put my creative inspirations out there and let them stand in those moments. If anyone would like to discuss anything with me please feel free to send e-mail.

StarCat

StarCat wrote:

Without knowing the genesis or details of this matter I will say this ...

AS an aside, I don't generally follow threads. I put my creative inspirations out there and let them stand in those moments. If anyone would like to discuss anything with me please feel free to send e-mail.

Starcat, if you can't be bothered to actually read up on the previous posts in a thread, maybe you ought not participate.     By cavalierly jumping in to voice an uninformed opinion, you are disrespecting the people who actively participate here, and you are disrepecting me personally as I am the one who started this thread.   

This topic of conversation has been quiet for months now, and there are very few problems on the forum.  And it is a private forum, mind you: that means that all communications here are subject to the absolutist, arbitrary, authoritarian, autocratic, autonomous, despotic, dictatorial, full, monocratic, preemptory, sovereign, supreme, totalitarian, tyrannical whims of the web Master, and are not subject to the vote of "we the people."  That may seem strange to you but the rest of us have chosen to stick around anyway, for he's a jolly good fellow.

So if you feel the need to resurrect an old topic, or have an opinion or question about something, please show us the courtesy of actually reading what's already been written first, and THEN posting your comment.    Because just spitting out a hasty criticism in an existing thread, and then darting away saying  "any questions e-mail me" is neither an appropriate nor a considerate means of communicating in a discussion forum such as this one.  Perhaps a personal blog or website would provide a more a suitable platform for you to air your opinions.    And that way you'd have the added feeling of security that comes from knowing no one else can moderate you.

I don't know what posts have been deleted. I try to stear clear of argumentative threads altogether. I will say that some highly critical and negetive posts have not been deleted,  as well as posts that oppose the beliefs and opinions of the moderater, so I am assuming that the ones that have been deleted were pretty scathing.  Even though I sometimes feel like a non-belonger here because of my somewhat Christian attitude about  a lot of things. I choose to stay, because as far as moderation is concerned, I have been dealt with in a respectful and courtious manner, always. Peace, seemefly