Noble Realms

spirituality - physics - conspiracy - philosophy - wisdom - and more...

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Noble Realms Forum is now closed. It will remain online as a searchable archive of posts spanning 3/25/04 to 2/22/08. Members may still log in to use email functions, but there will be no further posting activity. Thank you to everyone who has contributed over the years. - Tom/montalk

#1 2007-09-06 11:41:49

Barefoot Doc

Heat pumps Question

Does anyone have any knowledge of or own a heat pump for domestic heating and hot water, i have heard they a lot cheaper to run than gas or electric heating, and have the advanatge of being able to revere the cycle so cooling in the summer and warming in the winter and they work on the same principle as a fridge.

Its not like we are fractions of the whole but rather versions of the whole.

#2 2007-09-06 12:29:56

T-Ren
work in progress

Re: Heat pumps Question

It's time consuming but I am looking at the possibility of ground thermal for heating/ cooling of the house.

Last edited by T-Ren (2007-09-06 12:30:17)

Peace,
Teddy

"It means the Matrix can't tell you who you are" - Trinity

#3 2007-09-06 12:57:24

treehugger

Hey BDoc..  I have a heat pump.  It definately is cheaper than some of the other alternatives.  The big difference I found for me is that I grew up with the big old gas and oil furnaces with the huge iron radiators that  you could put your wet boots and gloves on, and cozy up to, when you came in from the cold and snow.
Heat pumps dont give you that warm and cozy feeling when its really cold outside.  They blow "warm" air. So if it gets really , really cold outside, and you want to be a bit warmer, you have to kick on the "emergency heat", which essentially is an electic heating element that the air blows over to warm  the house quicker.  So that is my only complaint.  It cools the  house very nicely in the summer,(and believe me, you need it here in Virginia during the summer)If your house is more than one story, then its best to get the zoned heating and cooling,(so you can control the temp on each floor), and make sure its the appropriate size for your house. Ive heard many people complain that their upstairs is hot in the summer and cold in the winter because their unit was too small for their size house.

In man's analysis and understanding of himself, it is as well to know from whence he came as whither he is going.   Edgar Cayce

Beliefs are tools for social conditioning, rather than expressions of inner realization or inner truth.   unknown
Ad Verecundiam

#4 2007-09-07 11:44:14

Barefoot Doc

Thanks for the replies it seems worth looking into, the alternative would be to get another large woodburner with a backboiler but i like the way you can reverse heat pumps for cooling and heat.

Its not like we are fractions of the whole but rather versions of the whole.

Board footer