Re: Announcement: NR Forum Closing on Feb 22nd, 2008

When I saw the thread title I thought you meant NR was closing for a temporary break, not closing forever! I'm so sad, I will really miss this place. sad Montalk, you say NR no longer serves a unique function, but the forum itself IS unique - even with changes in the core group of regular posters and perhaps even a downshift in the overall vibe of the posts, I still think this is the best forum of its kind on the net. This is the only fringe board I belong to and I doubt I'll join any others because it just won't be the same. sad

Nonetheless, I'd like to reiterate what others have said in thanking you for providing us with such a wonderful place to interact and share wisdom & knowledge. Even in the short time that I have actively posted, this has been an important part of my journey and I won't forget it. Thanks to everyone. smile

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

17 (edited by Spi 2008-01-23 03:04:28)

Tom, your website and forum were GREAT!

At first when I saw your website, it was really interesting because it has a lot of wisdom in it that I haven't learned yet. And information, of course, there was a lot too - I took interest right away! Starting on October `07, the spiritual 'quest' of mine on the internet, was not something I took as a joke.

Before I joined the forum, I had all of these crazy paradigms and stuff because of sharing more than one information source. Then after joining Noble Realms, it really helped me to clear up on confusion and all sorts of things. Noble Realms really improved my opened, but shielded mind. Of course, my posts didn't really helped out anyone because they were lame and dull - But that was me learning!
And I did have dreams of Noble Realms too a couple of times.

Huh, I visit NR a lot - I'm going to dislike this closing, but it's Tom's choice. In fact, I'm feeling disappointed. When I saw this topic there was an empty feeling opening up in my heart chakra I think.

I like to thank you everyone for being here, it's an honor to participate in this community. A lot of people here are great minds and heart, really an inspiration for me.

I really prefer Email or AIM. I hope we settle this part up, email me for my AIM screen name.

My Email

After party!!!  I never really got to talk too personally with anyone but I loved the people and varied dialogue.

Anyone who is cool and thought I was cool too feel free to add me for interspersed random discussion!

msn, the.7th.direction@hotmail.com
email, look up

Loved the site montalk and look forward to your upcoming web projects.  I'd love your feedback on a personal one in the semi-near future.

19 (edited by Bhang 2008-01-23 12:54:11)

The after party is @ www.wachadoo.com/forum

We won't shut down unless we get hacked. All forumless Noble Realms members have an open invite.

Hyperdimensional Blogging

But even if EVERYONE moved to another forum, it still wouldn't be the same. It wouldn't be NR!

... Oh, don't listen to me, I'm just rubbish at saying goodbye to things. I'm about to leave uni having been here for a term and a bit and I'm really going to miss everyone, even the people I never spoke to or didn't like, despite only knowing them for five minutes! I don't like anything to change.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Thanks, Tom for letting us know and thank you for giving this opportunity to exchange ideas. I've been thinking lately that it's  time for me to unplug from the internet for good. Especially forums. I'm definitely not joining any others.

This is Book. Good night and good luck.

sad I guess all good things must come to an end.  Thanks Tom, this has been a great ride, and an honor, lots of wonderful people, ideas  and just great all-out information.  Keep in touch folks!  smile

In man's analysis and understanding of himself, it is as well to know from whence he came as whither he is going.   Edgar Cayce

Beliefs are tools for social conditioning, rather than expressions of inner realization or inner truth.   unknown
Ad Verecundiam

23 (edited by proto 2008-01-23 10:08:54)

I read the opening line late last night after a couple of days being off the net, thinking it was another vacation  and....X. I will miss this place so much. For once in my little life, I found a place where I actually felt comfortable, 1 million percent, seeing people like myself, churning and pouring out their minds, hearts and souls to reveal themselves in this safe environment, all without that new age "i wanna hug you because i'm a new ager" feel. I've had the opportunity to meet (online, not in person, yet) amazing people on MY WAVELENGTH and I am truly grateful for that. It will be sad to see this place after 2/22, since it was a safe area for me, a backbone of who I am and the person I strive to be.

Thank you Tom/Montalk for allowing and creating such a forum. There were good forces that day when I was playing around with my brother's computer, clicking links and then finding your website. I believe it was meant for me to find this forum to find my posse out there in the world, a little reminder that I am not alone.

A big thanks to all other members out there. I have too many damn names to list, but thanks, even the shady ones who came around since I joined. They too taught me a few things like how not to be, haha.

So where do I go now? Well, the first thing is if anyone here is from the NYC area, email me! If anyone is visiting NYC, email me. I would show you around NYC and when I get my own place, you don't have to pay for a hotel. Maybe I'll make a website, something high quality, but I'll have to think about that a little more.

Alright, so we have about a month left with NR, so lets all network, get to know each other a lot better and as montalk says, network in other ways. Even though I'm sad that NR will be going, I have a good feeling that this may be the right decision in the bigger picture, where members will contact each other via email/phone and will be even more real.

Thank you all. Be good.

-Proto cool

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same."
– Carlos Castaneda

24 (edited by lyra 2008-01-23 10:18:52)

I'm with people like Book and google who mentioned this transition as a motivator to get away from the computer.  Message board forums are a weird thing.  I talked about it before in other threads, about how it's like there's this realm in the astral or however it works where the active members seem to link up when posting....for good and bad.   For me it's gotten to be a progressively weirder and kind of ickier feeling, not really liking what I'm feeling when I'm "connected," or whatever it is.  All message board forums, no matter how low or how noble, wink have a tendency towards a lot of fakeness with many members, these invented personas, people with a vision of how they see themselves,versus what actually is.  And doing the same to others - only seeing what they want to see with others, not what's really there.  Projecting their own self and desires and needs and wants onto total strangers that they don't really know.  There's a lot of energy push and pull.  Can only speak for myself but the whole "virtual connections" thing isn't working for me anymore for those particular reasons.  Lessons learned!  It's a good time to move on, get away from the computer, unplug, seek out the real.   So NR will be the final message board forum I participate in.  Not currently actively participating anywhere else anyway, and wouldn't want to.  Transitions and transformations, new beginnings and change.  When I first heard of NR closing it seemed like a good idea for those reasons.

ps edit

proto wrote:

....but thanks, even the shady ones who came around since I joined. They too taught me a few things like how not to be, haha.

That's awesome!  Totally made me laugh!  big_smile

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

ah where am I going to spend my days now

I was quite upset at first, i sometimes only turn the computer on for NR, wonderfully unique on the web, i just don't fancy any other forum at the moment but i may keep in touch from time to time on Bhangs forum if thats where others are headed.

Observations in this thread are noted about getting away from the computer, maybe walking the walk a bit more and moving on and maybe unplug a bit more.
Thanks Tom, is been a great trip  smile

Its not like we are fractions of the whole but rather versions of the whole.

27 (edited by titmouse_ 2008-01-23 11:40:36)

She was a rare distraction;
A vision unimagined in my mind
'Til something awoke in my soul;
Her green eyes sparkled bright
Or was it her pure essence?
I reached out to touch her hand
She embraced my heart instead;
I could not find the strength to pull away
Though she knew it was going to end
As all beautiful things it seems:
They live on in dreams of never;
But I saw her and caressed her surely
I have proof, you'll see,
For I never glimpse a moment
Without her vision side in me
~~carefulcarpenter

Fun fact: Great Tits are common in Europe

To know love is to know trust; to know oneself is to know truth
~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

28 (edited by Pharos 2008-01-23 12:55:56)

Namaste, Montalk, and thank you smile

I like the idea of continuing something on an alternative platform. It wouldn't take much to register a Noble Realms-esk channel on an IRC network, or we could open another forum of a similar type.

I would seriously consider continuing a forum like this, I love the dynamic of discussions that get posted here.

I also enjoy the energy I get whenever I log on... it's always a good feeling to log on to Noble Realms!

As it's been said, all good things must come to an end. This just means that we move on to more good things smile

"Don't reach into a direction you're not ready to look in yet."

"Inspire the Inspiration."

"If just one person loves you, it surpasses any number of people who don't."

"He who knows not himself, is poor in spirit, for he is his own poverty." - Jesus Christ

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts, and grew a lot from it.  The shift from computer to real world sounds right by me.  Personally I feel as though the key has been turned to start my spiritual ignition, and now it's time for the big race.  we will all see each other again! 

Thanks, montalk for the great website.  It was there right on time. 

If anyone wants to do a meeting of any sort in or around Ohio don't hesitate to email me.

BOOO!!! mad

j/k

Thanks montalk for doing what you did with NR, and thanks to everyone else for making it what it was.  Hopefully it will give you, mon, a lot more time to do what you do best....distilling the truth from a whole whack of lies and half-truths, and presenting it in the most coherent way possible.

I'm not sure where I would be without this diamond in the rough.  Finding NR (after discovering montalk.net, thanks Laura!) after devouring the Cassiopaean site and the Ra material, was the one of the best things I've ever done.  It opened me up to a LOT of new subjects and helped me clarify a lot of old ones.  It gave me a reason to get a lot of my thoughts/theories out into writing and inspired me to continue that work by making a website. I even made a real-life friend in the process (here's looking at you Mongoose), besides the "virtual friends" made.

My dad was actually about to sign up until I told him of the closing....that would have been interesting....

Thanks to all those I had the pleasure of discussing/debating with on various subjects.

I guess it's time to close this noble realm and time for all of us to make our individual realms as noble as possible with what we've learned here.

If any of you had your curiosity piqued by my theories/reflections on numbers, body symbolism, divine archetypes, the Law of One, etc., please bookmark my upcoming site PhiLawSophia.  It should be up and running within a couple of months from now big_smile.

I love you all!

Gone but not forgotten...