1 (edited by plasticportal 2007-05-15 18:56:18)

Topic: Electric universe video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 1316220374

Shows some interesting relations between plasma physics, cosmology and mythology.

Doc: Marty, you're not thinking fourth dimensionally!
Marty McFly: Yeah, I know, I got a real problem with that.

Re: Electric universe video

I just sat through the entire video.  What made it especially interesting is that I've had the concept presented to me of planets being electrons; stars being protons and neutrons; galaxies being molecules, and a universe as a cell.  When they show those dark area's on the Sun where a solar flare originated from, and it is actually indicating a temperature which is counter-intuitive to expectations that it should be very hot, I tend to agree with the electric plasma explanation.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

It's been awhile now since I've seen the video.  It may have been this one or another one where I saw this, but I thought the part about the comets was most interesting.  Seeing that when they are about to impact a planet an electrical arc is created between the comet and the planet, exploding the comet some height in the atmosphere.  I think that was the general theory they were trying to portray.  Might this be why humanity has faced constant devestation from these balls of fire and ice, yet so little evidence remains on the surface of their impact?  Explosions in the atmosphere seem like an adequate explaination and the electrical properties of the planets and comets are what create this overhead explosion. 

The part about the sun was interesting too.  The fact that the interior of the sun might be much cooler than what is commonly believed is an interesting theory.

Yes, he did speak a bit about comets, but it sounded to me as if they were countering that supposition concerning what they are made up of.  You know, how they have been telling us for years that comets are mostly ice.  That is how scientists have been explaining for so long why it is that they get these huge corona's and long tails trailing behind them.  That its because the ice starts to melt.  You probably are aware of a fairly recent experiment where a probe launched into space releases a projectile to intersect with a comet, and photograph the subsequent impact.  I think they said the photo op was kind of missed because tracking was off, which they posited was because the impact was against a very solid comet surface.  I should've listened better - my attention wasn't perfect even though I tried to pay full attention - and I think I'm going to watch it again tonight.  It is making me very interested in plasma science.

This might also mess with the theory of how this planet acquired water.  Scientists say it is mostly from comet impacts.  I don't think it has to necessarily mess up the theory.  I think I need to see that part of the video again, I might be totally wrong in that I just did not pay enough attention to what they said about that experiment.

It was photographing the crater made on the comet which was the main objective, and it failed because the impact made a very even dispersal of powder electrically charged that was too dense to see through.  This backs up the electric plasma theory as the expected impact, if it was ice, it would not have been very spectacular at all.  The projectile would have simply penetrated further into the comet and ice shards would have been seen showering off it.  I think they pretend they are argueing over these theories and which one is valid.  They already know.  It was more of an experiment undertaken prior to hitting Holmes with a pulsed energy/particle beam to increase its coronal size in order to hide a vehicle which was following it. 

Really I'm just playing as I do not like putting forth baseless conspiracy theories.  I have ran into now, at least three individuals with a very narrow head, and one was right behind me in line at a store buying only eyedrops.  Contacs, hiding snake-eyes get a bit dry I imagine.  Key word here is 'imagine' as in hyper imagination.

It appears comets are no different than asteroids, they are huge chunks of planetary material; rock and metals mostly.  When they approach the Sun from the extreme furthermost part of their elliptical orbit, they receive tendrils of plasma charge from the Sun and simply have to discharge it as they cannot store it.  Thus the corona and the ion tail.

You're right, the "dirty iceball" theory has a lot of holes in it.  Ironic they were trying to put a crater/hole in a comet to test the theory... hehe

I think the electric/plasma universe theory is intriguing.  If anything it shows that we still don't understand the forces at play in the cosmos.  Looking at the Hubble photos of certain new nebula, one can easily see plasma dynamics at play.  The question is how electric forces and gravity are linked, because that mechanism isn't understood in it's entirety.  As far as these astronomy theories go, there is a bias towards chemical theories (the dirty iceball theory being one in particular), probably due to the way grants are funded and whatnot.

I never considered the implications of what this would mean for the comet/water theory in regards to how Earth acquired it's water supply.  That theory never sat well with me anyways because if planets are more or less equal targets for comets, then we should expect to see more water on other planets as well.  Assuming the age of the planets in the solar system is more or less the same, which if they migrated from outside the solar system that wouldn't be the case.  Then again the theory of planets being "extra-solar" is rarely given a serious glance either.  Amazing the fragile assumptions that are built into modern astronomical theories!

plasticportal wrote:  I never considered the implications of what this would mean for the comet/water theory in regards to how Earth acquired it's water supply. That theory never sat well with me anyways because if planets are more or less equal targets for comets, then we should expect to see more water on other planets as well.  Assuming the age of the planets in the solar system is more or less the same, which if they migrated from outside the solar system that wouldn't be the case.  Then again the theory of planets being "extra-solar" is rarely given a serious glance either.  Amazing the fragile assumptions that are built into modern astronomical theories!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, when I let ice cube trays full of ice, sit in the freezer for a long time they shrink to nothing, leaving behind whatever residue was in the water/ice.  I've read somewhere that Neptune and Uranus did not originate in this solar system.  They were captures.  That leaves us with the Ogdoad.  Pluto is now relegated to being a dwarf planet.  Neptune and Uranus are karmic captures, making beneficient additions to the family.

Good point.  Without a suitable atmosphere, most water would evaporate.  But supposedly according to accepted astronomical theories the earth started with little or no atmosphere, so what was special about this planet that allowed the water to recondense instead of just evaporate?  Why don't we see signs of a similar process on other planets? 

My guess is that it has to do more with the magnetic and gravitational forces on a planet than any sort of raw chemical effect, but I have nothing really to back that up. 

It's possible any planets could be extra-solar, we just haven't been around long enough to know.  Hell, the earth could even be extra-solar for all we know!  If we could visit and study other planets we might be able to see signs of their origins, but that would require a long and careful study I'd presume.

plasticportal

My guess is that it has to do more with the magnetic and gravitational forces on a planet than any sort of raw chemical effect, but I have nothing really to back that up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you remember that scientists have proven almost beyond doubt that the Big Bang theory, the four forces: gravity; electromagnetism; the nuclear strong force and nuclear weak force manifested as an extremely small nexus at extreme high temperature, with gravity being the weakest and breaking off from the other three first, which explains why the universe has a uniform temperature throughout its expanse, and immediately after that the remaining three forces energically manifest to fill the universe, whereupon hydrogen, matter, comes into being and is the foundation from which all the other known elements have sprang into existence, and add to that the spreading belief in the scientific community that other universes exist, even to the extent that the number of these universes could be in the millions, billions, trillions.  In otherwords, one could posit the concept this universe is a cell, not unlike a cell in a human body. 

My goal with the above was to use it toward a specific direction, but I'm having second thoughts.  I was going to enter into the metaphysical using strictly material scientific data that no one would dispute, but maybe I should not attempt such a thing spurred on by mere impulse.  So I will remind you that, gravity seems to be considered the weaker of the four forces, or to put it another way which may be more accurate, gravity might have a relatively minor role in comparison. 

It is interesting that materialistic scientists and Quabbalah/Hermetics both point out how 4 is a very important number in relavance to realization.  I suspect that even an atom has a soul.  Some elementals have abilities that make them seem godlike and memories of things that happened thousands or even hundreds of thousands of years ago that they can call to mind effortlessly.  Even so, they are well below humanity in evolution, they still have the mineral, vegetable and animal manifestations to experience.  My point I'm slowly getting at is, not only do you have elementals guiding initial and ongoing manifestation, but we have our planetary brethren involved in it as well, especially Saturn, but not the aspect of Saturn that we see with our physical sense of sight.  The ideas that I have just shown you that I bounce around in my head are why I strongly agree with this electric universe theory.  I just remembered however that I want to be kind of lazy for a bit, and this is starting to seem like I'm at work.

Interesting thoughts!  I like the idea about the universe being a cell.  I've always found it amazing at how time passes, cosmology begins to sound more like biology and vica versa.  Perhaps someday we'll be discussing the gravity within and between cells and their components. 

I did some research on the concept of biophotons awhile back which are just low intensity photon emissions from cells (you can read it here:  http://www.kickoutthejams.net/index.php … amp;view=7 ).  Anyways, one thing that I didn't include in my writing was my impressions as I tried to visualize a photon being emitted from a cell.  Perhaps if we consider a single galaxy as a "cell" or sorts, then when a star within that galaxy goes nova, the light burst from that galaxy can be over 100x brighter than the galaxy normally appears.  Astronomers notice this all of the time as small bursts of light from the distance reaches of the universe.  These bursts brighten up clearly for a moment and then slowly fade over time.  So taking the analogy further, perhaps a biophoton emission inside of a cell is like a tiny "nova" event taking place inside of that cell.  I don't know if that is a proper analogy or an incorrect conceptualization, but the thought has stuck with me.

I'll admit I haven't studied the esoteric concept of the planets in much detail, so my knowledge is limited.  I've long had the impression that the idea of the planets in astrology is the remnents of an ancient science that has been distorted down through the years, but that the product of that original science was a description of how the planets alter the gravitational environment of those of us here on earth.  So that supposes there may be a link between the spirit and gravity?  Or perhaps gravity and the mind...  I don't know.

I would say that if a universe is a cell, then a galaxy or galactic clusters would be molecules, or mitochondria, organelles.  It seems that a conclusion I would come to with the little I've looked into biophotonics or bioluminescence, etc., is that it seems a photon is released as a result of transition from a high state of activity to low state.  There is even mention of it having some bearing to apoptosis.  The body uses ion movement quite often for communication or specific functions - its funny that it is termed a neurotransmitter if transmission is incrementally moved as a queue of ions, but called hormones if simply flooded into the bloodstream - and I think of photons as possibly being a higher form of communication. 

I might postulate that if an individual was attempting to reach out to their inner god, [reach out to inner...  did I just utilize histeron porteron?] that maybe one means could be to enter a sort of high state - I know, the picture tube in your head just put drugs on the screen - or intense energic focus, and when this is completed that this is when the real communication occurs.  Perhaps it is upon transitting from the high state to the low.  In this way, what may seem futile effort may really be something done that has some real value. 

Yes there is a lot of light released when a star goes supernova.  It must be the result of a high state climaxing and returning to a relative low state.  I forget, why does a star go supernova?  Maybe it is changing states.  It isn't just old stars that supernova, is it?  I like it when they call something chaos when the enormity and complexity makes it beyond the ability to fully understand.  I wonder also, if it is considered a loss when a photon is emitted.  Loss of energy.  kickoutthejams, is that your site? its pretty cool.

Antaeus wrote:

I would say that if a universe is a cell, then a galaxy or galactic clusters would be molecules, or mitochondria, organelles.  It seems that a conclusion I would come to with the little I've looked into biophotonics or bioluminescence, etc., is that it seems a photon is released as a result of transition from a high state of activity to low state.  There is even mention of it having some bearing to apoptosis.  The body uses ion movement quite often for communication or specific functions - its funny that it is termed a neurotransmitter if transmission is incrementally moved as a queue of ions, but called hormones if simply flooded into the bloodstream - and I think of photons as possibly being a higher form of communication.

I think the hypothesis that biophotons are actually a form of cellular communication is a likely one based on what I've read.  The fact that these photons are quantum coherant is significant in this regard.  Its not likely that coherant photons are the result of random waste energy in the cells as many a biologist supposes.  Another interesting thing is that biophotons also fit into the traditional color spectrum 200-800nm.  Is it possible that this low intensity "light" is partly what people describe when they see a person's "aura" since these have been described as having specific colors as well?  It's noted that biophotons seem less coherant in damaged or diseased tissue.  Aura readers also describe seeing visual anomalies around damaged or diseased tissue as well.  I think the two phenomena may be related, but that's another topic in itself.

Antaeus wrote:

I might postulate that if an individual was attempting to reach out to their inner god, [reach out to inner...  did I just utilize histeron porteron?] that maybe one means could be to enter a sort of high state - I know, the picture tube in your head just put drugs on the screen - or intense energic focus, and when this is completed that this is when the real communication occurs.  Perhaps it is upon transitting from the high state to the low.  In this way, what may seem futile effort may really be something done that has some real value.

I would agree that any for of higher communication would require an energy boost of some sort.  I think in individuals the ability to handle this sort of higher energy is a rare trait, although groups of people may be able to accomplish the same thing together in some sense.  It's interesting that the analogies of elecrical circuits and overloading seem to fit so well in this regard.  It seems like whatever links us to higher realms, electricity or something electrical-like must play a role. 

Antaeus wrote:

Yes there is a lot of light released when a star goes supernova.  It must be the result of a high state climaxing and returning to a relative low state.  I forget, why does a star go supernova?  Maybe it is changing states.  It isn't just old stars that supernova, is it?  I like it when they call something chaos when the enormity and complexity makes it beyond the ability to fully understand.  I wonder also, if it is considered a loss when a photon is emitted.  Loss of energy.  kickoutthejams, is that your site? its pretty cool.

It's not entirely understood what all the factors are that drive a star into a nova state.  You're right, it does tend to happen in old stars.  Also, the location of where the star is within the galaxy seems to matter to some degree as well.  Also, young galaxies have significantly more nova events than older galxies.  Older galaxies tend to be the spherical shaped ones, whereas spiral galaxies tend to be younger.  There's also a lot of galaxies out there that defy classification.

Thanks for the compliment.  Yeah, kickoutthejams is my website.  I don't have much content at the moment, but that may change in the near future...

I neglected to mention that photoluminescence can occur when a catalyst is being utilized, and in reactive oxidation species interactions.  I'm probably incorrect with the latter, as I should simply say specific oxidative processes.  I have watched a lot of video's by Ian Xel Lungold and I can't remember confidently if I'm putting this following statement of his correctly:  There is first Thought, then Light, then Activity, and then Realization.  This makes me recall how I've had 'eternal' defined as having no beginning and no ending.  I'm determined to get to the bottom of this.  So in ten billion years I'll get back to you with my findings on that particular. 

Also, young galaxies have significantly more nova events than older galxies.  Older galaxies tend to be the spherical shaped ones, whereas spiral galaxies tend to be younger.

I'm glad that you mention that.  It strikes me as being important for some unknown reason.  The spiral galaxies also have an aspect which is in the shape of a sphere, but only near the center.

14 (edited by Poffo 2008-01-10 23:19:23)

Thank You!!! big_smile

Antaeus wrote:

I neglected to mention that photoluminescence can occur when a catalyst is being utilized, and in reactive oxidation species interactions.  I'm probably incorrect with the latter, as I should simply say specific oxidative processes.  I have watched a lot of video's by Ian Xel Lungold and I can't remember confidently if I'm putting this following statement of his correctly:  There is first Thought, then Light, then Activity, and then Realization.  This makes me recall how I've had 'eternal' defined as having no beginning and no ending.  I'm determined to get to the bottom of this.  So in ten billion years I'll get back to you with my findings on that particular.

smile Don't worry, if one seeks with an open mind, many revelations will follow - although they might not lead you where you'd expect....

Antaeus wrote:

Also, young galaxies have significantly more nova events than older galxies.  Older galaxies tend to be the spherical shaped ones, whereas spiral galaxies tend to be younger.

I'm glad that you mention that.  It strikes me as being important for some unknown reason.  The spiral galaxies also have an aspect which is in the shape of a sphere, but only near the center.

Yeah, I thought that was a really interesting fact that if often overlooked by astronomers about the relationship of form and age of galaxies.  It seems there is some deep truth hidden in that fact.  Perhaps the analogy is that as one grows and learns, a more stable center begins to form?  I don't know...  Something to ponder.