Topic: the way of the warrior, what is it?

Namaste. I need some input for some things I'm writing. Please, if you would, tell me what you think about regarding the way of the warrior, or however you wish to call it?

What is the way of the warrior? Or what does it mean to be a warrior?

nothing is sacred, the deconstructing and letting-be of all things, clarity of sight, the realization of no-thing(s), Nothing

Re: the way of the warrior, what is it?

Choosing truth over ego, every time.

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

If you choose ego over truth one time, are you no longer a warrior?

nothing is sacred, the deconstructing and letting-be of all things, clarity of sight, the realization of no-thing(s), Nothing

4 (edited by montalk 2007-11-28 22:40:26)

Not in that moment, but there's always next time.  You asked about the Way of the Warrior, which is an ideal -- something to shoot for and approach asymptotically. The asymptote is choosing truth over ego every time.

Choosing truth "every time", then, implies a kind of structure whereby it is not a risky proposition each time per se because the warrior recognizes truth from ego and sets his sights upon it. Interesting.

6 (edited by montalk 2007-11-29 00:15:26)

If you ponder the many examples of how truth is sacrificed to serve ego, that helps define through a process of elimination what the Way of the Warrior means. Like, how can you be a Warrior in choosing ego over truth? You can't, therefore the Way of the Warrior must include choosing truth over ego as one component.

What got me thinking about this is the observation that too many people are being held hostage by their egos. There is a defense perimeter set up around their ego with trip wires. So long as you stay outside that perimeter, they remain calm and logical, sociable and even courteous. But cross the line by threatening their ego survival, their insecurities, sacred cows, need to feed, or puffed up self-image, and the ego launches into a barrage of logical fallacies, emotional manipulations, and other tactics to recapture the territory.

I think a Warrior would have the awareness, self-honesty, logical integrity, and humility to sacrifice ego on the altar of truth whenever possible. The non-Warrior probably doesn't even recognize the ego, maybe identifies with it, carries out its commands, never questioning its impulses and taking these as their own. Being a Warrior is not about being a skilled and dedicated fighter so much as knowing what to fight in the first place, because even a non-Warrior can be a strong fighter though one who battles for the other side.

[center]http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/555_23.jpg[/center]

[center]http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic. … 72&p=1   #15[/center]

11   23   11

[center]http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/555_amorc.jpg[/center]
[center]http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/555_mwsnap289.jpg[/center]

11   23   11

USER wrote:

Namaste. I need some input for some things I'm writing. Please, if you would, tell me what you think about regarding the way of the warrior, or however you wish to call it?

Way of the warrior huh? Well, I think montalk is right about it you are a warrior only when you recognize yourself which is your tureself behind ego and an imposter image we carry to satisfy our daily social life and what not but the way of the warrior would be the trueself inside of him behind his ego to understand the true meaning of life and existence and his part in this life time and to fight for his believes with highest of understandings with love in his heart and awarness of his conciousness staying true to him self which is once again taking truth over ego. But then again I have a term for my ego which i term it as Super Ego, which is the Ego of my true self of what i believe and what i truely understand from my heart and mind and therefore once in a while when someone do step into my boundaries i rise up to explain why i don't want to buy in their ideas and almost everytime i did had any kind of argument or any kind of confrontation no one in flesh stood against me cuz they knew deep inside they were wrong and they just left it saying am crazy. and yeah  montalk is right one even needs to be aware of his manipulation when he comes into his ego how one can loose energy wasting time explaining people who are only here to trigger you on and off to manipulate you.

And I even agree with SiriArc the way of the warrior is not just choosing truth over ego it also lands us in a battle with the self and no matter which ride we take the final destination tends to be of a spliting of our entity making us one sided. I found something in my fight for my survival and believes I was literally a dead man and am still is but I try hard to wake up my emotional aspect of my reality  cuz I know she is the manifestor of my reality in the light of my intellect or Mind. And since i had given up hope of finding ture love and someone like me outside of me I closed my emotions but with  a mission in my mind i went on to fight with my intellect to come the purpose of my life and the manipulation of my whole life in the hands of so called family and every entity I had encountered. I was really upset to find what had been going on in my life like how I was grown up like a vegetable who was ready to jump on a knife with all my will.  Infact I even did but seems like the knife gave up on me because i was too stubborn to find the true meaning of my life and the hand of my creator was always on me and the love that i carried in my heart was always with me.  Whats really funny is this that in this fight of mine i had always been projected by the matrix as I was Jesus Christ many won't agree to this and infact I wouldn't but somethings in my life that has happend that i cannot explain but look back and ask myself why o why this world is trying to make me feel like him. Infact, I live in India right and there were these new movies came out one of'em had the same town as painted in the monalisa painting and in the story the character is predicted as an angel who actually leaves his love because she loves someone else. I mean thats something stupid let me write down something else when iw as thinking of a password I use to listen to a lot of rap before coming to U.S and I seriously wasn't that good at english at that time and I tried to write stillmatic the name of the Nas album as my password and i ended up setting a stigmatic password and after a year or so i came across the name and i was like what the hell?? why did i choose stigmatic and when i looked upon internet I found its true meaning and yeah even at that stage of my life I was still under vegetative conciousness but i was waking up and was asking myself questions like why i do what i do and what not.  Infact the new movie Bewulf that i watched yesterday had the same plot as if they were hitting jesus that to leave his emotional aspect and be his mind and a demon slayer.Almost everyday I fight to be complete dude since you said warrior I don't consider myself one but if you really know what i go thru you sure would agree that each and everyone of us is a warrior with in.

" Love is the understanding and unspoken bond between you and the creator "

"Loving is an art that is the state of creation"

..........Lyrically am suppose to SHINE.........
..........I am the ONE that makes you  BLIND........
..........And am that darkness that lets you SHINE.........

10 (edited by Leoncio 2007-12-01 15:06:33)

The warrior wields the sword and the *way* wields the warrior

11 (edited by nexus 2007-12-02 01:18:56)

The way of the warrior is inner surrender.  The battles are interior first.  As montalk says "choosing truth over the ego".  Truth can be a cause in an outer sense but the warrior must always be victor in the interior 'battle' where christ must reign over the ego.  Then, the comforts of the ego can be denied in an outer sense [ like name, fame, wealth etc.] when fighting exterior battles on behalf of others and on behalf of one's own right to BE.

Practically, one is not 'always' the victor.  Perhaps a true warrior keeps on keeping on.   Once the trajectory of battle is set the warrior must set the jaw and advance through all psychic weather conditions.

12 (edited by titmouse_ 2008-01-29 21:27:58)

The way of the warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlIbduf4 … re=related

"Blinded by self-importance....the visionaries of society haven't the vision of a blind musician nor the perception of a churchmouse_"
~~carefulcarpenter

Fun fact: Great Tits are common in Europe

To know love is to know trust; to know oneself is to know truth
~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/carlos_castaneda/

“The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.”

In Memory of McGiver my bravest warrior
1996-2008
Footprints Through Our Lives
In my heart forever

Right As the Rain Lyrics
(E.Y. Harburg and H. Arlen)

Right as the rain
That falls from above
So real, so right
Is our love
It came like the spring
That breaks through the snow
I can't say what it may bring
I only know, I only know

It's right to believe
Whatever gave your eyes this glow,
Whatever gave my heart this song
Can't be wrong
It's right as the rain
That falls from above
And fills the world with the bloom
Of our love

As rain must fall,
And day must dawn,
This love, this love
Must go on

Hey Millenium,  was McGiver a best friend, like a cat or dog?

Fun fact: Great Tits are common in Europe

To know love is to know trust; to know oneself is to know truth
~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1