Re: So, what does your NR handle name mean anyway?

http://sowelu.seibernet.com/sslogo4.JPG ,

YOUR #47 (11) IS and IS Huge !!!

Also, just Realized:

S O W E L U
1  6  5  5  3 3 = 23

Not that it was for me, but that it was a graphic depiction of ‘me’ in some way (today I might call it my energy signature.

It was a huge feeling for me to suddenly ‘recognize myself’ differently.

Again I had a huge feeling inside, like the universe was whispering to me, but I didn't mentally understand anything. I just felt... something really significant was happening.

It embodies the impulse toward self-realization and indicates the path you must follow, not from ulterior motives but from the core of your individuality.

And yet what you are striving to become is what, by nature, you already are. Become conscious of your essence and bring it into form, express it in a creative way.

Sowelu marks a time for regeneration down to the cellular level.

I just knew, somehow, that this is why I was here, on earth. It was the first time I ever had a feeling of deep recognition of the purpose of my existence. No religion or sacred teachings ever had an impact of any kind on me before. This bit of text, though, hit me like a ton of bricks. In truth, it was an eerie feeling, as though the entire universe was intimately familiar with me... and I knew nothing about myself.

‘89: On one of the Deep Journeys Of Discovery

Had headphones on listening to Steve McDonald’s, ‘Spinfield’.......

Very specifically, during the song, ‘Arcturian Sunbird‘:

Suddenly, Spontaneously in a ‘Cave’

Glowing in Neon Reds, Oranges and Yellows

Overwhelmingly Beautiful.

And there, On A ‘Wall’, Symbols That I Knew Were Entities

But That The Current State Of Awareness Could Only Translate As Such.......

‘94: San Francisco: Lazaris Intensive: MapMakers

During one of the guided meditations:

YOU Enter A Room That Is A Womb

And on a wall, Symbols that Represent Lifetimes

SHE Is There With YOU

Adding or Removing So As To Affect Total Healing.......

Personally, this Final ‘Lifetime’ IS and IS Symbolized By The ‘Triple Tree’ Noted Here:

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=2139

11   23   11

Wow, thanks again SiriArc! I know... sharing the pieces, the unfolding, is pretty cool too, you know? Thanks for connecting things so well like you do. cool

"The most important decision you have to make is whether you live in a hostile or friendly universe."
~ Albert Einstein

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. ~Marcel Proust

The evolution of humanity is an evolution of the heart. The path is through the heart.

One of my first internet postings, (many moons ago), was a soulful poem, written anonymously. Someone posted it to a larger site, giving me the monicker 'Blue Moon'. I have always posted as Blue 'something' ever since. Blue Buddha being my favourite. I am not a naturally exuberant person, and often feel 'blue'. I have a deep affinity with the blue sea, I am transfixed by blue light, and so simply, 'Blue' , seemed natural and right.

Well, mine's pretty self-explanatory: I'm always looking for the truth!  Unfortunately, I'm not very creative, hence the boring handle. Like, duh....isn't everyone seeking the truth?  Oh well.  If I had to do it again I'd pick something different, but in the meantime ya'll can just call me Deb, or Debbie, or Seeking, or StT, or whatever; I'm flexible...:)

I actually came up with this name for a game I used to play online with my friends. For around 10 minutes, I was Magical Moose, but I found something lacking. Suddenly, Mongoose appeared in my mind and since that time around 8 years ago, I've been known as Magical Mongoose.
I think I picked this name because it has a good ring to it...after all, how many mongooses are magical? Thinking about it now, I think it has to do with integrating the inherent inter-connectedness of everything (there's enough on that to fill up millions of books), the "magic" of life if you will, with the fast reflexes and keen perception of the mongoose, the "unconsious" part of the mind that we really owe all of our inspiration to. Mongooses, as you probably know, cleverly fight their battles with determination and speed.  Even when confronted by the most venomous of adversaries, the cobra, they are often able to strike first...but not with physical strength, not with venomous fangs, but with lightning quick reflexes. It's as if the anticipate what's coming, and this could be called a "magic" in its own right.

"Don't eat any wooden nickels."

Yeah I wondered what Poffo meant as well...closest American term was "po-fo(lk)" ... But now we know. And knowing is half the battle. GI Joe!   

Anyway, I'll use the damp rag when SiriArc gives a go.

Will be like wiping it from the timeline.

Sleeeeeep. Now....

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4915/darkcityjy4.jpg

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

http://www.gingicat.org/photos/juliana/2004Juliana-asleep.jpg

11   23   11

Zen Energy:  A laid-back type of observant energy that's prone to sudden short outbursts of profound inflection.

33 = Highest degree of 'physical' mastery

Not that I have the phsycial mastery consciously, but hey, it's not my fault the children in power haven't learned how to share.  wink

And not that I have profound inflection but one can dream.

I usually try to come up with a name that has more than one meaning.

z3n3rg wrote:

Zen Energy:  A laid-back type of observant energy that's prone to sudden short outbursts of profound inflection.

33 = Highest degree of 'physical' mastery

I always read your name as "zenergy" in my mind!  I also figured the 3s were stuck in there as "33."

Cool.  I certainly didn't get Lono.  Learned something new there.

Ashen wrote:

Anagram... A rag man....
Ashen.... ooooh cryptic huh.... whats it mean?

Without looking further, I would guess "Shane"?

Mine is pretty simple, straight to the point tongue

Cool stories.  I have also wondered about many of your nicknames. 

I never sign in or actually post, but I've been lurking around for more than a year.  I registered this name because it is an anagram of my real name.  It also seemed fitting because I do feel like I can be 'on the fence' when it comes to the things I believe and things I am trying to understand.  I often feel stuck prancing the proverbial fence just waiting to find the right place to leap. 

...or something.  maybe I just liked it because it kinda rhymes.

Ha, after procrastinating forever I finally got around to responding to a PM asking about the meaning of my NR handle... and now I see there is a whole topic dedicated to it! So I'll just cut and paste here...

thr33tim3 is
a relatively old "handle" I've been using probably since the late 90s. At the time I
found 3s to be a repeating figure in my life and experience, particularly 3:33 on clocks,
phone numbers, addresses, etc. Still do, actually. I interpret it to mean "pay attention"
or reenforcement that I'm "on the right track". It has usually been a very subtle thing,
so I can't say I've noticed any meaningful pattern to it. I feel like numerology is a bit
obsessive, so I don't tend to think about it that much. But I see 333 a lot. I saw it
this morning in a phone number on a truck driving in to work. smile

As for the handle itself, a lot of kids I knew growing up were involved in the
hardcore-straight-edge music scene in Syracuse, NY. If you're familiar with that scene,
they use big X's on their hands to let people know they're straight-edge (alcohol/drug
free, sometimes means monogamous or no-sex). So people would often call themselves
"XbillX" or "XrobertX". I was obsessed with threes, so I decided to make a pun and be
"3tim3", but then I realized oooh if I wrote out the first three with 3's instead of e's,
I'd have three 3's in my name. So I made it "thr33tim3" which also reads like
"threetime", which did not have any immediate meaning to me but I have realized is a type
of rhythm based on 1-2-3 instead of 1-2-3-4. It is a motif used in shuffle techno, I'm
not sure who to suggest to hear it, stuff on Kompakt records is worth hearing. There is
also a neat new album by Susumu Yokota called Tripletime Dance, which is very interesting
sort of experimental dance music, all based around three beats instead of four. I was
also inspired by the Massive Attack song "three" at the time. smile And records spin at
33.3RPM... three's show up a lot.

Tim

59 (edited by limukala 2007-01-17 23:16:54)

Free_Your_Mind wrote:

Without looking further, I would guess "Shane"

And here I was thinking "hanes"

I've been in Holiday mode, so I didn't notice this thread until today (actually, I guess I've been in Holiday mode for quite some time now).

Kala is a Hawaiian word meaning to release, let go or forgive.  In Hawaiian medicine this is the first step towards any healing: complete and radical forgiveness, letting go of mental and physical tension. 

Limukala is actually a type of seaweed, which was sometimes eaten by the Hawaiians (though modern nutritionists claim it contains toxic levels of iodine).  It was very important spiritually though, and was used in a cleansing/forgiveness ritual.  If you had an issue or event  you were having difficulty letting go, you would wear a specially prepared lei made out of limukala (and you would put all your pilikia, problems, into the lei).  You would then walk into the ocean wearing nothing but the lei, and as the waves and currents gradually washed the lei into the ocean, your pilikia would drift away with it.

seeker of truth

follow no path
all paths lead where

truth is here

E.E. Cummings

http://boollette.free.fr/images/futurama/bender%20cuisto.jpg

11   23   11