Re: Disturbed Reptilian Rock Band

once again I must say that singer is freaking HAWT SAUCE.

"I never look at it this way, but maybe kittens are harmed synchronistically when people of the dark side masturbate." - titmouse_

Whatever floats your boat, Lenore.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Anybody will look hot standing next to those other guys, man they be butt ugly.

19 (edited by Xenopope 2008-01-15 13:01:01)

Piece_ofnothing wrote:

Xenopope I don't see why your singling out Disturbed they are not the only rock band out there with dark lyrics.

Again, to clarify, it's because of the lyrics. I know there are other bands with even darker lyrics in songs such as Slayer, etc. But those bands lyrics do not parallel themes assigned to reptilian shapeshifters the way Disturbeds lyrics do.

I am as is Void.

How about disturbed just sucks and has always been a put together, tinker toy, pushed band. reptilian or not it doesnt change the fact that they are horrible, whiney, woe is me pussies. I mean, I like trent reznor because the guy is real. mabye not his later stuff, but I like NIN. Disturbed is just fake and capitalizes on kids with emotional gangrene and emotional bedsores the size of texas......well guess what my babies, we have the perfect band for you. DISTURBED! Seriously the guy sings about all that garbage like it is cool....SOOOOOOOO FAKE. I have been around people that like that music, and guess what...those people suck ass. I havent met one intelligent individual that likes that peice of shit band

Wow Nyarlathotep did you get mugged by a disturbed fan or something?:lol: Disturbed doesn't bother me that much, I think a couple of their songs are O.K. I reserve my contempt for bands like Nickel Back, Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit ( are these guys still around, hope not) I don't know what else to say about them really other than music makes me wanna kill someone, hope the Kid Rock fans on noble realms don't come after me for saying this.:P

I used to love them, but music like that made me irrational and prone to feeling helpless. Went to one of their gigs. It was savage. I got headbutted, punched and kicked (yes, i was in the middle of the pit). It was like the 2 minutes hate in 1984, but spread over 4 hours, but admittedly a lot of gigs are like that. Still, its like they have the power to invoke anger and negative emotions.

"I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, and following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been."

Everbright wrote:

I used to love them, but music like that made me irrational and prone to feeling helpless. Went to one of their gigs. It was savage. I got headbutted, punched and kicked (yes, i was in the middle of the pit). It was like the 2 minutes hate in 1984, but spread over 4 hours, but admittedly a lot of gigs are like that. Still, its like they have the power to invoke anger and negative emotions.

They do have the power to invoke anger and negative emotions.  There is a monstrous momentum of anger in the subconscious of most everyone but it leaks out in different ways.  Although the majority of it is sealed, the rage can be opened in 2 ways.  Either the higher- Self can open it in order to purge it by contact with interior fire.  Or some external force can trigger the deep water of raging human emotion.   Raging metal bands can crack it open by force so that it can be fed on by astral entities.  A gig like that is among one of the most powerful forms of black mass and the "musicians" are it's 'high' priests.  It is manipulate in the extreme by forces in the astral plane that know what they do.  Not something you want to participate in if you aspire to higher consciousness.

Would I be right in think the interior fire would be the feeling of extreme creative energy that one feels, compelling a person to do great things and create art?

I guess that explains the whole satanic symbolism thing with rock and metal bands then, even if most of them havn't clocked what its all about so just go a long with it.

Thats quite a disturbing, shocking revelation to me actually, I'm going to be more selective about the gigs I go to now. See thing is, its like a thing I do with my old mates, and since I've been into awakening, meditation etc, I now no longer get a kick out of feeling angry and destructive at gigs. Its just the experience of meeting up with friends, of being in the middle of chaos and the meaning of the songs which I associate with setting oneself, which by choosing that rather than the generic feelings they tell you to associate, a form of freedom unto itself.

p.s. thanks to everyone for creating and posting in this thread, I've just arrived at a new universal realisation or vista.

"I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, and following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been."

Yes you can repress the fire of human emotion but at what cost? Anger is just a tool, it can be used for positive means or it can be used to break things. Anger can evoke passion not just blind rage, I don't want to an emotionless blob of energy with no passion.

Actually I disagree, anger is not a just a tool, after thinking about it I can distinctly put my finger on two forms of anger that I have felt.

One makes me what to break a pencil, the other to draw with it.

I tried to draw once when my brother made me extremely angry in a destructive way. I kept breaking the lead because I drove it into the page too hard. When people have annoyed me enough in the past, I have wanted to hurt them, and there are 3 separate occasions when I have literally felt huge energy pulsing through my being, enticing me to release it by a kick or a punch inot the person, and only narrowly avoided given in as though something penetrated the rage from my higher mind.

What we are dealing here should be listed as two different emotions, each with a different name.

Next time you are proper angry and want to break something, try seating down creating something without destroying the art medium and tell me how it goes.

27 (edited by Piece_ofnothing 2008-01-17 07:49:42)

Remove my anger and I might not be able to create anything. I could have no anger and only have love maybe I would create pictures of rainbows and blue skys but hey that would be pretty boring wouldn't it.

If thats what you think, then thats what it will be. I'd be perfectly happy just operating on love, but surgical emotion removal isn't how the universe works. Or is it?

Everbright im not picking on you here but do you ever get angry? We don't live in a fairy tell world with unicorns and rainbows. People ignore the bad stuff too often you have to take the bad with the good, just like everything.

Yeah, I'm just saying that there is some anger I can channel into creativity, and some that I can't. I get angry a lot less than I used to though, and little things that used to bother me don't anymore.