Topic: Hilarious Atheist

Paulsego, a YouTube atheist is hilarious.

Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKnYdAKJ9VQ

And after that, check out his other videos.

"There cannot be progress without expression. There cannot be expression without separation. There cannot be separation without progress."-Ouroboros

2 (edited by lyra 2008-01-14 21:43:28)

Re: Hilarious Atheist

I watched it - amusing,  yes.  Analyzed what the appeal might be - looks like an every guy, he's a very good speaker, good at ranting off the top of his head, talks fast, kind of in the vain of George Carlin, which is guaranteed to keep people's interest, they won't get bored.  I enjoyed the sarcastic rant that you posted concerning where moral foundation comes from if not "the bible" and "religion."  Good points indeed.  God's Soapy Asshole and other assorted ranting videos...eh, whatever.   haha  But I can see how they'd be amazing to 20-something year old guys. 

I was just floored that the dude's supposedly only 27.  Looks like he's 40, easy.  !!!  Holy cow.  Seriously.  As another Noble Realmer noted about angry ranting Alex Jones, who also appears a good 20 years older than his age......anger will burn up your life force and age you.   Definitely seems to be something to that!

Atheism would make for a good topic though, something I haven't seen talked about in awhile around here.  I tried to be one for a few years back in the 90s, courtesy of a roommate turned boyfriend (now ex.)  I know all their arguments and rants and how they view the world.  I'm not religious, but I definitely can't be an atheist with everything I've seen and know now.  But if somebody hasn't seen or experienced those things then yeah, it's understandable why they'd believe in nothing.  Factor in the crazy religions that are all around us in society, no escaping it, which often times make no sense and are full of blatant holes and logical fallacies, and outright half truths and lies, and no wonder why some atheists go the ranting and raving George Carlin route. lol It really can be enough to drive you mad.   That's why I'm all for spirituality, but not religion..........but providing you have some personal reason for your spiritual beliefs, and not because you were brainwashed as a child by your parents.  I see atheism as the extreme 180 opposite of organized fallacious and distorted religion, both do have their valid points, but overall neither one is fully right imo, and both are rabid in their beliefs, to the point where in my ex's case, he would have ignored any evidence that did point to the soul and afterlife, the same way religious fanatics put on blinders and ignore the holes and contradictions in their beliefs, even when presented with proof of it. 

It's all about the middle ground balance............

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

3 (edited by Hermit Brad 2008-01-14 21:42:18)

Re: Hilarious Atheist

Paulsego is a stage actor, no surprise there I'm sure. 40? You must know some young-looking 40 year-olds. Then again, I recall you stating that you look very young for your age, as do I. I'd say he looks his age. Alex Jones on the other hand..

"There cannot be progress without expression. There cannot be expression without separation. There cannot be separation without progress."-Ouroboros