Topic: A Guide for the Advanced Soul

This book by Susan Hayward is made up of about 100-200 quotes from various authors including Eileen Caddy, Confucious, Shakti Gawain, David Spangler, and many others. Basically you think of a question in your head, and open the book at any page.....in front of you will be an answer to your problem. Obviously the questions you ask have to be real, and a bit more than trivial things. I have used it twice now and in both circumstances it gave me a pretty accurate response.

The first question I asked was in relation to a life decision that I had made - which was to leave the work I was doing, leave the town I was in and return to another state. After a week or so away from it, I was having real doubts about my decision and feeling quite down about it - was it right the right thing to do? Was the decision made too quickly? The answer I got was

"If you're into guilt, you're playing God.
The universe is created so that it's OK to make a mistake.
If you're feeling guilty about what you have done, you're saying it's not OK to make mistakes."

The second question I asked last week, regarding a new opportunity for work - but to be relocated, and to be doing the same thing as I was previously - which didn't work out. Basically a second chance. I was having doubts also on if it's the right decision, and if it will all end again similar to how it did a few months ago. Could it be a repeat of the same scenario, or will there be a better chance for success? The answer I got was

"The secret of making something work in your lives is, first of all, the deep desire to make it work:
then the faith and belief that it can work:
then to hold that clear definite vision in your consciousness and see it working out step by step, without one thought of doubt or disbelief."   -Eileen Caddy

So I am impressed. The quotes specifically applied to my questioning, and I had never read through the book before - so it's not like I could have had a subconscious knowledge of what quotes existed, or where they existed in the book. Of course the answers I got were things I probably already knew, however it was nice to be reassured.

Vincit omnia Veritas: Truth conquers all.

2 (edited by titmouse_ 2008-01-13 22:24:15)

Re: A Guide for the Advanced Soul

In a way it is reading into things what you need to support the vision you have.  People without vision aren't looking for answers--they want directions. Intuition can't work if you want everything planned out and executed by the will of others.  You must take risks and learn the lessons on your own path.

Some have theorized that we actually live time in reverse. Something to think about in regards to your thread topic.

Fun fact: Great Tits are common in Europe

To know love is to know trust; to know oneself is to know truth
~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

titmouse_ wrote:

Some have theorized that we actually live time in reverse. Something to think about in regards to your thread topic.

Is the universe shrinking already?  wink

Peace, PhiConcept.

PhiConcept wrote:
titmouse_ wrote:

Is the universe shrinking already?  wink

Peace, PhiConcept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi PhiConcept, I haven't seen you around the board for awhile.  I got snow all day today, and expecting the same tomorrow.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

"If you're into guilt, you're playing God.
The universe is created so that it's OK to make a mistake.
If you're feeling guilty about what you have done, you're saying it's not OK to make mistakes."

Thats cool Matt.  It actually gave me a good feeling.

A girl came into work today, and I asked her to let me know its her so I don't have to go check to see if it was a customer who came in.  She said, don't start with me, I'm not in the mood for it.  Well, I'm now perplexed as it was a mildly put question and got pissed off.  I said, I don't care if your in a good, bad or indifferent mood, I wasn't trying to pick on you by making that request.  Well, she gets in her truck and goes home.  She apparently gave the owner the same attitude and he tells her not to bother coming back, and slams the phone down. 

I gotta start being more careful with people.  I'm the type that has all the certifications and the know how, so I get away with a lot of stuff by the owner.  But if my socially retarded attitude is going to get people needlessly fired, I need to start being a bit slow with saying anything.  This is what I was thinking all day.

Antaeus,
Maybe I missed something but I can't see what you said .. unless you were throwing something at her tongue would cause a that reaction. Her response seems way out of line.. are you not taking on too much guilt ??
Dang... give your self a hug.. big_smile cause being too careful with people will make you a door mat or too trippy to be around.

Not good for them or you..

In search of...

I wanted her to be around us a bit longer.  At least until summer came back and she resumed her seasonal business that she owns.  I don't know who she has been around all her life, but she seemed like she needed some work performed on her.  I have to confront my opposite some day.  Half of me can help people while the other half is just a big A__hole.  At least, that is a perspective I'm starting to catch a glimpse of concerning what I am.

Antaeus wrote:

but she seemed like she needed some work performed on her.  I have to confront my opposite some day.  Half of me can help people while the other half is just a big A__hole.

You can't help anyone unless they ask for help themselves. Frustrating yes, but that's the way it is if you truly wish to help others.

Vincit omnia Veritas: Truth conquers all.