1 (edited by Book 2008-01-10 08:27:12)

Topic: Movie: Wanted

After seeing this trailer I think there are more choices besides "sheep" or "wolf."

How about "none of the above."

Apple trailer "Wanted'

The movie looks like a recruitment tool for elite attack dogs.

2 (edited by lyra 2008-01-10 21:27:24)

Re: Movie: Wanted

Yeah, I saw that trailer a few months ago.  What stood out for me (besides the fact that it's another Angelina "bad ass gun wielding hot chick on the fringes of society" stereotype role wink ) was the line that Morgan Freeman narrates:

"It is the choice Wesley that each of us must face.  To remain ordinary, pathetic, beat down, coasting through a miserable existence like sheep herded by fate, [back pan through an office where wesley is amongst all the cubicle zombie drones] or you can take control of your own destiny and join us.  Releasing the caged wolf you have inside you."

For the first part of the trailer I had thought it looked intriguing, but by the end I was frowning because it's such the limited either/or false two choice nonsense. Either be a pathetic cubicle zombie, or "an elite assassin" that goes around shooting up people (and probably blowing shit up) and supposedly saving the world.  There's no mention of people saving the world through positive means.  Of course not.  Because it is a recruitment tool.  Limited false two choices - either be a "pathetic" nobody, or be the STS "wolf" killer deluding themselves that they're STO and saving the world.  Not, be somebody who's making a difference in the ways they can while co-existing in the "real" world, or somebody who's living off the grid and apart from the masses but doing positive things and honing a super high level personal frequency.  And forget talking about those higher up entities and/or our higher selves that quietly slip in from the side door, intervene to undo negative no-nos, rewriting the time line (which also equates to saving the world) then quietly slip back out again.   Nope.  We don't want to talk about them or show people that they can aim for that.  Instead it's the Hollywood fantasy dreamworld STS recruiting and programming tool.   You only have two choices.  Be pathetic and beaten down, or be the super cool impossibly good looking action figure with snappy one liners who shoots and blows everything up and saves the day.  roll   

Anyway. 

My rant for the morning.  !

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

lyra wrote:

Because it is a recruitment tool.  Limited false two choices - either be a "pathetic" nobody, or be the STS "wolf" killer deluding themselves that they're STO and saving the world.  Not, be somebody who's making a difference in the ways they can while co-existing in the "real" world ... doing positive things and honing a super high level personal frequency.!

That's exactly what I think.

lyra wrote:

"It is the choice Wesley that each of us must face.  To remain ordinary, pathetic, beat down, coasting through a miserable existence like sheep herded by fate, [back pan through an office where wesley is amongst all the cubicle zombie drones] or you can take control of your own destiny and join us. [sound of bullets]  Releasing the caged wolf you have inside you."

The implication being that the only way to freedom from the "prison" is to "join us."      Reminds me of Jim Morrison's line "oh Children of Night, who among you will run with the hunt?"        Except it seems to me that maybe they've got it backwards.  By all indications, I think they're the ones in prison.   Their attempt to make people believe the opposite is just a mind-fuck.  Typical "white=black, up=down" logic.

4 (edited by Bhang 2008-01-10 13:59:17)

You know by now that the screen writers guilds are reading most if not all conspi-type forums for things that captivate, excite and frighten the audience. There are multi millions to be made. Not to mention a mind control agenda that needs attending to.
http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/435_zoo_zap.jpg
I've sometimes seen media manifest that I could swear was tailor made for me.

Hyperdimensional Blogging

5 (edited by lyra 2008-01-10 21:23:46)

morningsun76 wrote:

The implication being that the only way to freedom from the "prison" is to "join us." [.....] Their attempt to make people believe the opposite is just a mind-fuck.  Typical "white=black, up=down" logic.

You said it better than I did and in fewer sentences.   I had just rolled out of bed when I wrote my earlier post, sipping on my cup of freshly made coffee, rambling, and claiming that it was morning when it was actually 2 in the afternoon. lol But yes, exactly what you said here.

I also wonder if this trailer and movie as a whole is a trigger of sorts for people with the programming.  Just a thought that went through my mind.  Funny too that Angelina was in both this movie and then "Mr. & Mrs. Smith," with her man Brad, about secret agent assassins, and Brad himself was in "Fight Club," a major mind control trigger movie about anarchy and tearing down the system.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

These are really great thoughts everyone. They echo my initial impressions of the trailer. I need to work on expressing it in written form though. smile

I can't watch the trailer because some plug in is involved and my laughtop won't let it install... but there's a friend of mine who insists I should see it. If it is what you all are saying it is though then it just sounds like silly nonsense. If I want to watch senseless battles and blood I'll throw in Hostel 1 and/or 2, get my kicks then go on my way merrily. At least Tarantino is straight forward with his work and doesn't try and use silly mind games... or maybe I just don't pick up on them. HA! tongue Or Transformers...now that's better. I'd totally love to side with Optimus Prime, he is one sexy badass robot ^.~*

"I never look at it this way, but maybe kittens are harmed synchronistically when people of the dark side masturbate." - titmouse_