Topic: First Person Shooters

Have anyone noticed in First Person Shooter games have some subtle hints about the Matrix? First I like to talk about the main characters of FPS, which hints "individual consciousness". Usually the main character tries and makes a difference in the world.
The most popular games I know have a story line like the character is facing the aliens or secret groups.

Slow-motion function is also in some games that hint from the Matrix.

One strikingly perfect game, and my most favorite game of all time, is called Perfect Dark made by Rare.

It has a relation to secret stuff, Matrix, aliens, that sort of reflect a lot from the world of Matrix we live in currently.

Let's use Perfect Dark as an example. Perfect Dark just instantly hints.

Now we move onto the cover.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1534/pdeyend4.png

An alien in the eye, the all seeing eye hinting aliens behind that eye in the matrix we live in.

The background:

Millions of years before the present (2023), a large alien vessel was scuttled on the bed of the Pacific Ocean. This alien ship had a special weapon on board - the weak nuclear force de-coupler - a dangerous weapon capable of tearing the molecules of atom bonds apart. Aware of watchful eyes waiting to get their hands on this weapon, an escape pod was dispatched to the home galaxy of the alien ship and major parts of the ship were disabled and destroyed to ensure that this huge ship, a Cetan biological vessel, would serve no threat to the universe.

Close to the year 2000BC, another advanced alien life, the Maians (Greys), discovered life on Earth as well as great potential, but decided to let the humans develop undisturbed. Soon after in 1650 AD the Maians encountered another life form - the Skedar (Reptilians) - which were bent on fighting and soon an all-out war began between them. After hundreds of years of fighting, an uneasy cease-fire developed but Skedar fanatics continued to fight the Maians, who refused to surrender. Mankind continued to develop, but the Maians watched with disappointment at the wars and violence that technology brought forth, but they continued to hide themselves, as they believed that revealing themselves may make things worse on Earth.

In 1985 the sciensist Daniel Carrington discovered the Maians and contacted one of their vessels in orbit around Earth. The Maians develped an interest in Carrington and decided to introduce their technology to Earth through his "Research and Development" projects. Thus contact between Maians and humans began.

Then in 2006, the Skedar discovered the Cetan message pod and found out the location of the alien ship - Earth. They began to study Earth in rather violent ways, by abducting people to discover the location of the ship. Eventually they pin-pointed it on the floor of the Pacific Ocean, but to reach it they would need the humans' help. They studied the largest technological corporations and decided that the company at the top of the list - the dataDyne Corporation - would help them reach the ship. They contacted Cassandra De Vries, the head of dataDyne, and gave her a deal that sounded too good to be true, which actually was. She agreed to assist them in exchange for advanced technology, and so dataDyne began construction on an AI which would help in the recovery operation.

Cassandra contacted the head of the NSA, Trent Easton, to get him to receive permission from the U.S President for the loan of a deep-sea research vessel, but his requests were continually turned down. dataDyne and the Skedar could not steal the vessel without feeling the power of the U.S government, so instead they planned to create a clone of the President that they would control. This extra work that Cassandra and Trent had to do gave the Skedar another excuse to give them more rewards, although little did Cassandra know that the Skedar intended to double-cross them and test the Cetan weapon on Earth before wiping out the Maians.

Unfortunately for dataDyne and the Skedar, the sapient AI they had built to crack the codes of the Cetan ship had developed morals of its own and decided that this assignment was far too unethical and so it refused to perform any tasks. Cassandra ordered that his personality be removed but before they could do it the sapient adapted the name Dr Caroll and contacted the Carrington Institute pleading them to help him........

Characters:

http://perfectdark.3dactionplanet.games … acters.php

Check out the Mr. Blonde, the human form Skedars disguise in (based on Evil Nordics, reptilians in disguise).
Maians are based on Greys.
Skedars are based on Reptilians.

http://perfectdark.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/pd/tech/

Cloaking devices are used in the game. Anti-gravity also. And spaceships.

Notes:
- Perfect Dark has slow-motion and Matrix-movie-like weapons.
- Cloning is an element in the storyline, cloning the President and aliens.

These seem a little based on aliens, does Rare know much more back in the 1990-2000?

I bet there's more, but in other FPS games they have this relationship of aliens and stuff. Anyone ever thought anything relating to this like to share ideas?

2 (edited by Dante3214 2007-10-20 07:04:18)

Re: First Person Shooters

Hehe.... Prey is an obvious one imo.

EDIT: Just thought of another possible one. Area 51 (the new one) has aliens in it. And marilyn manson's voice.

That reminds me: Area 51 is also a stage in Perfect Dark, forgot about that one.

Half-life and Halo are related too.

In Prey reminds me of the spinning flat plane Sphere of Mother in relationship with virus/Darkness explained by Xee-a Twelve. Infact, Prey reminds me a lot about metaphysical, ect. stuff.

Thats kind of funny actually. I ordered some games that i wanted, and got Prey for no real reason other than it had a high review. I havn't played it yet, but I'm going to start if its got that kind of stuff in it. Synchronicity possibly?

Planescape Torment (RPG) has got some a lot of stuff in it about life, death, reincarnation, names, identity and other planes of existence.

"I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, and following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been."

My friend played Prey. Yes, there are a lot of synchs with metaphysics in that game too. "Power is an illusion" said this old man, I like how he said that - Very accurate.

Bomberman: Second Attack (NON-FPS) is very accurate on the STS/STO path.

Check this video out. Watch the cut scene closely.
[youtube]7T1c0uprRtE[/youtube]
Those makers nailed it. Honestly. Discuss??