Topic: Buy silver!

I am by no means a financial advisor, but people may want to consider buying silver ASAP.  Looks like it might be about to breakout.   Google the following individuals for more info:

Richard Russell
Clive Maund
Ted Butler
Adam Hamilton
Jim Cook
David Morgan

I have been following the silver/gold markets for some time now and there is a definite correlation between spiritual/metaphysical events and precious metals.  Some food for thought. .

It is not for us to understand love, but simply to make space for it.

Re: Buy silver!

HEllo
I just want to add something here. Ted Buttler has a very interesting analysis of the entire silver situation. It is worth reading.
http://www.butlerresearch.com/archive_free.html    Thanks everyone.
TS

SILVER IS THE ANSWER-GET YOUR FREE ACCOUNT- https://www.498.phoenixdollar.com

Hello buddies. Is there some sort of 'stock market for dummies' book around so I can gain a better understanding of this?

Zarathustra,
There are multitudes of primer stock market books available. Do you mean to say that in one of the greatest stock market bubbles in history that you have managed to avoid all interest in, and knowledge of, stock markets? Congtaulations.
Luckily, we're here to help each other.
Of particular interest in this thread is the topic of precious metals. Precious metals have no relationship to the stock market (other than mining companies raising money for their activities on stock amrkets).

What would help here is a very brief overview of why one should have knowledge of precious metals.-especially an overview from a spiritual slant.
The Matrix feeds off of the energy generated by 'currency' and debt. These are intangibles. Currency [not US Dollars, but Federal Reserve Notes - yes, the currency of the USA is printed and OWNED by the Federal Reserve (the Federal Reserve is a private bank owned by 13 families, or so the conspiracy thread goes)].

Increasing amounts of energy must be injected into the Matrix to keep it alive, to keep it from collapsing under the weight of its' own entropy (people would be freaked if they were aware of how close the finacial Matrix is to collapsing).
Currency, spending (personal, federal), and the debt incurred due to spending, are the energy injections the Matrix needs daily. The USA needs to create and then borrow 2.5 Billion Federal Reserve notes every day, just to keep the lights on. The collapse is very near.

You can help bring down the fiancial Matrix by not aiding and abetting the injection of debt (energy) into the financial Matrix. You do this by living within your means, not using debt, and saving your wealth (notice I did not say 'money') in a tangible. See, wealth is tangible, like real estate, precious metals, productive capacity (it even used to be offspring!). Federal Reserve notes are currency - a medium of exchange, and are not wealth. Convert you currency to wealth, keeping enough meduim of exchange as you need to buy your neccesities.

Precious metals will increase in price (based on Federal Reserve notes) because  people worldwide are losing faith in the Federal Reserve note, and the 'Full faith and credit' offered in support of it by the US government. The only backing to the Federal Reserve note are the gold reserves hel by the US Treasury, which have been pledged to the Federal Reserve (private bank) as security for all the bits of paper (currency) that the Federal Reserve prints  (or, How to Own a Goldmine with a Printing Press).

The Matrix feeds off itself. consumes itself. Thats why it takes increasing amounts of energy to feed it - this thing is very hungry. It will go ballistic when it cannot be fed!
Wealth does not feed off of itself. That is why wealth does not pay interest. Wealth can generate income (such as rents, dividends, etc) but does not pay interest. If you leave for a weekend, you gold does not magically reproduce, generating 5% more in your absence. You house does not sprout an addition (viola, a new sunroom !). Wealth is the crystallized sweat and effort of brain and brawn.

The path to security (and to help neutralize the financial Matrix) is to keep you wealth in precious metals. In Roamn times, an ounce of gold bought a decent Toga for a Roamn gentleman. Today, an ounce of gold does the same. The same cannot be said for a Federal Reserve note. The Federal Reserve note has lost 95% of its' purchasing power since its introduction in 1913 (check the Federal Reserve website). The USA is on its third currency - and there will be another one.

The upshot of my discourse here is that precious metals are wealth (but only because people agree that it is so, other cultures believe that cows are wealth, and they are also correct), Federal Reserve notes are not wealth, debt feeds the financial Matrix (and allows those that benefit from it to wreak their havoc upon the earth and its denizens). In 3 years, gold may be over $5000 USD/ounce. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your perspective), in 3 years that ounce of gold will still buy you that nice suit. Wealth is accumulated by effort, not by the rise in prices. You think homeowners are wealthier because the price of their dwelling has increased. No.

Most people will not store their wealth in precious metals, relying instead on amassing Federal Reserve coupons, sorry, notes, and will be sadly disappointed when their entire lifes' efforts are vaporized. It has taken me some time to get this far in my own understanding of 'things. It is doubtful that this discourse can/should be able to provide enough information for one to make a financial decision about wealth preservation.

Remember - if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. Do Not Feed the Matrix !

5 (edited by tenetnosce 2005-12-29 16:47:42)

---- wrote:

The only backing to the Federal Reserve note are the gold reserves hel by the US Treasury, which have been pledged to the Federal Reserve (private bank) as security for all the bits of paper (currency) that the Federal Reserve prints  (or, How to Own a Goldmine with a Printing Press).

Here's some quick math.  All of these estimates are crude.

The U.S. Treasury holds about 30,000 tons of gold in reserve (or so they say) and there are approximately 10 trillion dollars in federal reserve notes floating around.  That amounts to over $10,000 in FRNs for every ounce of gold.  That's a much closer approximation of its "true" value.

Even at $500 an ounce, gold is one hell of a deal.

Now add in the following data.  It is estimated that the Chinese government is currently holding about 1000 tons of gold and the Russians about 500.  The real numbers may be much higher.  Both countries have publicly announced their intentions to double or triple their reserves over the next three years.  Many smaller countries are following suit.  And they are buying their gold with U.S. currency.

Now what is the U.S. government planning to do?  The same thing they've been doing.  Running the printing presses at full speed in hopes that we can inflate our way out of debt.  The only alternative is to let the economy correct itself through a massive depression that would make the Great Depression look like an era of prosperity.  You can bet your bottom dollar that the American public won't tolerate anything of the sort.  We're too addicted to our toys for that, and history proves that the average American would rather hold on to their toys until they are taken away than sell them off while they are still worth something.

So in addition to our own money machine pumping out over 1 trillion dollars in currency a year, we are operating on a yearly trade deficit of about 750 billion dollars.  That's one helluva lot of dollars with nowhere to go.

And then there's the simple fact that EVERY currency in the history of the planet has eventually been devalued to zero.  Forget the theories and just stick to the facts.  The answer is self-evident.

Now this is a thread about buying silver, not gold.  One of the reasons for this is that it is going to be worth too much!  You won't be able to head down to market with your one ounce gold coin and buy groceries.  That would be like showing up with a $10,000 bill.  Who's got change for that?  Even 1/10th ounce coins will be way too valuable for practical use, unless you are making a major purchase like a home or a vehicle.

The second reason is that silver has been outperforming gold, and will most likely continue to do so.  The long term historical average of the gold/silver ratio is about 15:1, going as low as 5:1 at times.  In recent years the ratio has floated around 65:1 which reflects a severe undervaluation of silver relative to gold.  In the last few weeks alone, the ratio has dropped to about 55:1.

The reason for silver's undervaluation as well as its profound correction in the near future is that, in addition to being a store of value, it also has a large degree of industrial use.  Users of silver obviously have an interest in keeping the value down because it increases their profits.  The problem (or solution depending on your position) is that the demand for silver is now growing so rapidly that it will not be possible to keep prices artificially suppressed for much longer.

Here are some quick facts on silver.

The estimated worldwide reserves of silver sits at about 450 million ounces, most of which is not available for purchase.  Worldwide production is at about 650 million ounces, and demand is at about 850 million ounces.

Do the math, and it is obvious that we are rapidly approaching a severe shortage of silver.  Once the defaults on delivery get rolling (and they have already begun) silver prices are going to shoot right through the roof.

Factoring in just moderate devaluation of the dollar, we should expect that within the next 5 years, silver will raise in value 75-fold to around $675 an ounce, while golds target value of $10,000 an ounce is only a meager 20-fold increase in value.

These are conservative estimates.

So for every Ben Franklin that you manage to convert to silver now, you can expect to cash that in 5 years from now for $7500.  Most likely a lot more.

But tenet, you don't understand.  I can't afford to invest in silver right now.  No, my dear friend, you don't understand. You can't afford not to.

Here's an idea.  Pawn your television sets, cancel your cable service, and in one year you will have about $1500 to invest in silver.  In five years you will have turned that $1500 into $112,500. 

Now take the 25 hours a week that you have been spending staring at the loosh box and put it to some productive use.  Start a business.  Write a book.  Hell, even if you go slop burgers for $6.50 an hour that will generate an additional $5500 a year after taxes.  By 2011 you'll have an additional $412,500 sitting around for your enjoyment.

If you're a average American homeowner and feeling particularly adventurous, you can sell your overvalued home before the housing bubble pops (a prudent move in any case) and either buy a place with the minimum amount of space you need, or rent until prices come down.  Take the extra cash, say $10,000 (another conservative estimate) and buy silver.  You've just made $750,000.

Let's see. . we're at a grand total of 1.275 million dollars. 

You, my dear friend, have just made yourself a millionaire.

Let's, just for s**ts and giggles, redo the math with a different set of estimates.

Let's say that the shortage of silver becomes critical, rather than severe.  That might bump 2011 silver up to $1000 an ounce.

We could also move into a period of hyperinflation which rapidly causes the dollar to lose 50% of its current value.  Now we're looking at $2000 silver.

Now let's say that in addition to pawning the TVs and cancelling the cable, you manage to cut your expenses down in other ways such that you save $5000 in the next year.

Since you are not a complete dolt, you will probably be able to do something more profitable than burger-flipping with your spare time, so let's say you are able to clear an additional $10,000 in 2006.

And perhaps you are able to scoot out of the housing market with an extra $50,000 in your pocket.

Let's see. . . by 2011 you'll have 130 million dollors.  That's $130,000,000! 

If you think that's impossible, I've got a television for sale.  Give me a call.

Then again I may be a complete loon.

Maybe America will start paying down its debt, and start providing some tangible goods to trade in the world market.

Maybe the housing market will stabilize, and inflation will stay low.

Maybe enough silver will be mined to cover demand.

Maybe we'll elect somebody who isn't a complete dingbat into the Oval Office in 2008.

Maybe I'll only make a measly $100K through investing in precious metals by 2011.

Oh well. C'est la vie!  At least I'll be able to buy a brand-new top-of-the-line home entertainment system.

Tenetnosce,
You do know your stuff. Great post !

Lets meet in 5 years and have a 100 million(aire) dollar party !
I do agree wholeheartedly though, that people do not really know whats going on.
I was reluctant to put some really big multiples out there, but given the amount of FRN out there, and the deluge to come, the values you mention as within reality.
Woe to the common man - woe to all.

How do I go about getting my hands on some silver? I wouldn't mind buying a few oz to get started.

Zarathustra wrote:

How do I go about getting my hands on some silver? I wouldn't mind buying a few oz to get started.

Check out ebay or coin dealers for silver coins and ingots.
Coins seem to have more colletable value than ingots, the roll of 20 silver eagles is good value at the moment.

Its not like we are fractions of the whole but rather versions of the whole.

I noticed that in the UK fat man Brown charges VAT on silver (17.5%) but not gold. What a b*t*h. Maybe I can save up, head to another country, buy lots of silver then come home.

Ebay silver seems massively overpriced to me. Definately not $8.8/5 quid an oz.

Zarathustra wrote:

I noticed that in the UK fat man Brown charges VAT on silver (17.5%) but not gold. What a b*t*h. Maybe I can save up, head to another country, buy lots of silver then come home.

Probably not the best deal on the planet, but I would recommend you buy anyway.

11 (edited by Barefoot Doc 2006-01-01 03:31:19)

Zarathustra wrote:

The current price for silver is $8.80 per oz and remember that you always have to pay more than the intrinsic value for ingots and coins whether its gold or silver, probably around 15% plus or so but less if you buy in bulk like the rolls of 20 coins, ebay and coin dealers just reflect this, search for the best prices.

the current value of Gold is $516 per oz but you would have to pay at least $550  to buy even the cheapest of  1 oz gold coins which are Krugerrands.

12 (edited by Marcus 2006-01-01 08:42:17)

Thanks for all that info tenetnosce.  For some reason I always imagined when someone brought gold or silver they would be issued a "bond" or bit of paper telling them they owend x amount of gold stored in some place or other.

Having the stuff delivered is pretty neat!  Anyway - I think I am going to buy some silver, and have spent a bit of time looking about, to be honest I don't know much about the whole deal, but came across this web-site which sell both gold and silver...

http://www.24carat.co.uk/silverbullioncoinsframe.html

I don't know if it is better to buy a specific countries coin - for example the Canadian silver coin is 99.99% silver.  But as I am in the UK would it be better for me to buy UK silver coins  (which look to be around 95% silver)?  Be greatful for any advice...

Also - what is the difference between bullion and sovereigns?

Marcus wrote:

http://www.24carat.co.uk/silverbullioncoinsframe.html

I don't know if it is better to buy a specific countries coin - for example the Canadian silver coin is 99.99% silver.  But as I am in the UK would it be better for me to buy UK silver coins  (which look to be around 95% silver)?  Be greatful for any advice...

Also - what is the difference between bullion and sovereigns?

Hi Marcus
Gold Sovereigns are a British minted coin in 22c gold just under a quarter of an oz of gold in weight, Bullion is just bars/ingots of gold silver etc in various weights.
I live in the Uk too and have bought mainly silver eagles and Canadian Maples rather than the british silver coins as i figure silver is worth what its worth in any country and they hold their value.
Here is a site a bit cheaper than the one you posted who i use a lot but ebay can be cheaper sometimes.
http://weightoncoin.com/store/index.php … 4e696a13b1
Regards
BD

14 (edited by Marcus 2006-01-01 12:09:51)

Thanks Barefoot Doc.  I have actually spent the last few hours trying to find some decent UK sites and came up with nothing.  So the one you linked is great smile

Also - is it deffinatly not worth buying any gold?

And another question.  Is it only worth buying coins...are are bars worth buying too?  I guess silver is silver...but would one type be preferable to another?

Marcus wrote:

Thanks Barefoot Doc.  I have actually spent the last few hours trying to find some decent UK sites and came up with nothing.  So the one you linked is great smile

Also - is it deffinatly not worth buying any gold?

And another question.  Is it only worth buying coins...are are bars worth buying too?  I guess silver is silver...but would one type be preferable to another?

I have been buying a Gold this year from my savings and have and have seen it rise over 25% in value and as tenetocse says, over the time gold has kept its buying power and its probaly better than cash in the bank in case of econonic collapses and mega inflation.
My Dad knows a chap who bought a 1 oz krugerrand each month from his wages over 20 years ago to save for his retirement and he has far more money know than if he had invested in a private pension scheme with the same outlay.

I think silver coin are more collectable than bullion and sell for a higher price over the intinsic value but at the end of the day silver is silver.