Topic: what the heck are chakras?

LOL, ive been hearing stuff about chakras for the last year and a half or more, what are they exactly?

Re: what the heck are chakras?

They are these things you will find information about if you search for them using Google.

That's what chakras are.

...psychic chakras of the unconscious manifest as organs in Assiah!

"There cannot be progress without expression. There cannot be expression without separation. There cannot be separation without progress."-Ouroboros

Wow. Good answer, Sunshine.

Looks like something I'd see on the Signs-Of-The-Times forum. Short, sweet and condescendingly sarcastic.

alexweirdlife, I don't know exactly what the chakras are either.

If you're looking for scintillating conversation here, better look elsewhere.

There will be two Ages. The first: The Age of Power. The next: The Age of Equality.

http://www.crystalinks.com/chakras.html

heres a good link

Strengthen your microcosm. Love. Knowledge. Faith.
http://montalk.net/metaphys/42/principl … ion-part-i

non-physical organs

I don't know for sure but here are a couple quotes.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Q:  ...what, exactly, is a chakra?
A:  An energy field that merges density one, two, three or four with five.

Q:  Is this a correspondence that starts at the basal chakra which relates to the sexual center as described by Mouravieff?
A:  No.  The "sexual center" corresponds to the solar plexus.

Lower moving center - basal chakra
     Lower emotional - sexual chakra
     Lower intellectual - throat chakra
     Higher emotional - heart chakra
     Higher intellectual - crown chakra

Q:  (L) What about the so-called seventh, or "third eye" chakra?
A:  Seer.  The union of the heart and intellectual higher centers.

A: Stonehenge used to resonate with tonal rill, teaching the other wise unteachable with wisdoms entered psychically through crown chakra transceiving system.

Q: (V) What about the many ideas about 12 chakras, and so forth, that are currently being taught by many new age sources?
A:  There are no such.  This is a corrupted conceptualization based on the false belief that the activation of the physical endocrine system is the same as the creation and fusion of the magnetic center.  The higher centers are only "seated" by being "magnetized."  And this more or less "External" condition [location of the higher centers] has been perceived by some individuals and later joined to the perceived "seating" locations, in potential.  This has led to "cross conceptualization" based on assumption!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

It might be added here in passing that there are certain Oriental Yogins who teach of the Lokas and Talas rather as centers in the human body than as planes or spheres in the universe, which centers, if stimulated under proper training, enable one to attain greater knowledge of all planes of existence. But this teaching is inadequate because imperfect, and is true only because these inner centers are organs, or, as it were, the ends of living wires, to use an electrical metaphor, of which the other ends are fastened in the cosmic fabric, and are of the same substance as that fabric is. It is the teaching of the great Sages and Seers that the cosmical Universe, or the universal Cosmos, exists in a mayavi sense exterior to man, although it is likewise the teaching of the great Sages and Seers that the essence of man and the essence of the Universe are one. This last teaching is one which should be emphatically stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I get from the above is that what exists outside us exists within us.  The universe is filled with levels, grades, planes, spheres, globes.  They interblend and every one of them exist within us to a more or less latency or degree of awareness.  Often, I am connect with the lesser grades because it is fun being stupid. big_smile

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

10 (edited by emerald_glow 2007-12-16 12:30:17)

Here is a simple explanation:
http://www.infinitebeing.com/0608/chakras.htm

ANTAEUS wrote:

The universe is filled with levels, grades, planes, spheres, globes.  They interblend and every one of them exist within us to a more or less latency or degree of awareness.  Often, I am connect with the lesser grades because it is fun being stupid. big_smile

I agree, Antaeus, this is the best way to put it...when you are looking inside best to put your intellect aside, a goofy, childish, playful attitude will take closer to find the essence. (It is fun to be goofy and childish and uninhibited, too...no need any substances, just turn off your left brain with that switch inside:)

To me this pixelcharmer template  represents an implementation of whole brain functioning  to understand.  It takes both switches on each side of the brain to be lit up like a Christmas tree for me to find any chakreligous meaning.  My chakra activation kit arrived without the battery. This means I can't open or close my chakras without a manual or a guide. In this sphere of existance I guess I'll never receive the next level of my metaphysical advancement.  When I do tai-chi however; I find that when I breathe and let go of all my goofy energy I become quite cerebral.

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/1014_180px-2934952.jpg

emerald_glow wrote:

Here is a simple explanation:
http://www.infinitebeing.com/0608/chakras.htm

ANTAEUS wrote:

The universe is filled with levels, grades, planes, spheres, globes.  They interblend and every one of them exist within us to a more or less latency or degree of awareness.  Often, I am connected with the lesser grades because it is fun being stupid. big_smile

I agree, Antaeus, this is the best way to put it...when you are looking inside best to put your intellect aside, a goofy, childish, playful attitude will take closer to find the essence. (It is fun to be goofy and childish and uninhibited, too...no need any substances, just turn off your left brain with that switch inside:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Look at the dates each of us registered Emerald Glow.  Interesting.  I never involved myself in any structured meditation practice, but ended up doing it anyway through another avenue.  Maintaining slightly faster than a nine minute mile for five miles after a weightlifting routine.  I learned to control breath and even heart-rate.  I tend to agree with Montalk that contemplation is at least as good an avenue. 

Thank you for that link.  Love it.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

Hi, Millennium:-)

Very interesting pic,is there a way to show  it more clearly?....tried to enlarge, did not help.
The best book I've read so far on this subject: Ambika Wauters: Chakras and their archetypes.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0895948 … eader-link

Millenium wrote:

My chakra activation kit arrived without the battery

Maybe it is there in the package, just need to figure a way to open it::)

14 (edited by emerald_glow 2007-12-16 22:30:08)

Antaeus wrote:

Look at the dates each of us registered Emerald Glow.  Interesting.

Interesting indeed, Antaeus...btw 7 and 6 has always been "good numbers" for me. Lots of synchronicities.

15 (edited by Nyarlathotep 2007-12-16 20:26:10)

This is the chakra system I use. Works for me.

[youtube]o6kkd4i4gEM[/youtube]