Topic: Handbook of the Navigator

http://navigatorhandbook.com

A free PDF of this is now available from the site.

There are people who have studied spiritual knowledge all of their lives and when they read The Handbook of the Navigator they tossed it aside assuming there was nothing there. When questioned further about each chapter they discovered there were whole chapters of knowledge they could not recall reading. Each time they went back to read it, still, entire chapters of key secrets were cleared from their mind as if the pages were never there.

When they finally read it and realized what they had missed so many times, they were amazed. That is the power of this knowledge. It does not distinguish by intelligence, wealth, accomplishments, or experience. If you are ready for it, if you can put aside your expectations, if you can open your mind, it will deliver to you what you have been seeking all this time.

This book was written with one objective; to awaken the world one mind at a time. The Navigator will lead you to your spiritual Awakening. You simply have to ask yourself one question, are you ready?

The author Eric Pepin is the founder of the Higher Balance Institute. I enjoy his material for its integrity, insightfulness, and lucid yet positive attitude.

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

Re: Handbook of the Navigator

Your whole life has been a search for meaning, purpose, and completeness. You are aware of a sense within you that seemingly directs you as if it were a compass navigating your essence.

An in-between place that defies logic as humanity understands it. Your hidden senses tell you, that what your eyes see and hands touch, is not all that there is. You look around in a distant way and then you listen deeply, breathe deeply, feel deeply. It is then that you know that there is a veil between you and some other place that holds an understanding to that which you are.

Have you ever felt there was a greater importance or meaning to your life? Have you pushed that feeling away considering such a thought to be arrogant? What if you knew you were here for a purpose, a very specific purpose? Once you suddenly became aware of that purpose wouldn’t it empower you to fulfill it? How would it feel to finally realize such a thing?

You know what you want. Even if you cannot place a name on it; you know, as I did. You want to Awaken. The time is now.

http://www.crystalinks.com/siriusmanstars.jpg

11   23   11

Nice find Montalk smile

"The universe is on fire with wonder, beauty, and ecstasy." - From the Undines to Humanity

Interesting...

StarCat

Whoa...here we go...

" Its Elusive to Structural Thinking"

This clue is for all who have been paying attention to what I hvae written about the misplacement and overstatement of " Structure " within the material realms.

Read between the lines.
Also Siri Arc and Motalk its good to see you 2 here.

StarCat

Hildegarde, a friend on NR introduced me to the Higher Balance material, and recently an acquaintance notified me that the Handbook of the Navigator was available for download.

This is the first time I've had a chance to look at the book and am halfway through it. There's an interesting chapter in there on duality vs non-duality, basically about how on the grandest scale things are non-dual but incorrectly applying that idea here in this dualistic illusion is a trap. There is an excellent metaphor relating spiritual humans and non-spiritual humans to the white and red blood cells of the body. The point made regarding the idea of Darkness (which is like a virus) is "What would happen if your white blood cells sat down and did nothing under the idea that all is happening as it's supposed to be? You would die." (Worded better in the book). Or the way I see it, everything does happen as it should as long as this includes you doing as you should, which involves making righteous choices and acting on them.

I love it when an author cuts through the pompous pretense and gets right to the point, using simple language to convey ideas that have clearly been received through deep contemplation and revelation. Like telling you upfront what you already kinda know but might not have thought about before. The kind of stuff that makes you go "Yeah, you know that makes a lot of sense, great way of putting it."

Another thing Eric Pepin talks about, which is pretty central to his material, is the idea of operating from your higher instead of solely your lower centers by shifting your thinking from structured linear to expanded nonlinear. Part of it involves thinking without words. Those who read Castaneda know this is creating inner silence, a precondition for entering the second attention (altered state of perception).

The Higher Balance stuff also bears a little similarity to Fourth Way philosophy except maybe it is more streamlined, balanced, and practical. He talks about building a communication uplink with your higher self. Fourth Way calls this the magnetic center but treats it so clinically that people often lose sight of what that term really means or  how to build it.

But anyway, figured that NR would be a good place to post this link, it's right up our alley. StarCat, same.

Thanks for the link Montalk,

Next on the must get book list  smile

Addressing the part about thinking without words really hit home.  It brought to mind the "tower of Babel", in that language oftentimes falls painfully short in conveying the ALL of the message.  Perhaps our real beingness in the communication arena got changed.  Not unlike making a cake and leaving out several crucial ingrediants.  It's as if  language (more or less) by design is linear or less dimensional/inclusive of all the picture.  Poetry, well written novels, and music circumvent this to a great degree IMO   ... YEAH!!!!!!   big_smile

Reminded me of one of my sisters who pretty much didn't speak till 4 or so.  We spoke for her, translating to our parents what, when, how ect. what she needed and felt.  Drove mom and dad crazy, but we still do it to this day more or less.  Maybe it's the unadultered or natural way we relate ideas/transmit messages before the "Babel bite" ???

I too have noticed Fourth Way translation can get a bit boggy, lending to a sense of not getting it at all-in spite of reading it over and over again  roll    Looking forward to reading something that cuts to the chase.

If there is no time
      Then you have time for everything.
   You're never in a hurry.
That's true freedom.

8 (edited by cbrand 2006-07-02 21:52:23)

The promise of Eric Pepin's meditation system available through the Higher Balance Institute sounds interesting, but being pedaled as a Internet Marketing scheme makes me wonder.

http://www.abundance-and-happiness.com/ … grams.html

That's something to ponder, cbrand. What is the difference between a worthless scam and a legitimate product or service offered in exchange for monetary compensation? Both may offer their products or services at a price, both may use marketing schemes, both may advertise. I think the answer might be in whether what is bought matches or exceeds in worth what is paid for, and whether the price is reasonable enough to be afforded by those who need it most.

10 (edited by SiriArc 2006-10-18 22:40:16)

N    A    V    I    G    A    T    O    R

5    1    4    9    7    1    2    6     9

http://www.nvisible.com/1111/1111intro.html

44 = The balance between spiritual and physical, the reconfiguring of our evolutionary labyrinth. As Above, So Below. The creation of the foundation of our New Lives.

http://tarotjourney.net/decks/small/thoth/03.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/siriarc/thae.jpg

http://www.learntarot.com/acmaj21.gif

11   23   11

The Star*Borne

By Solara

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/siriarc/44Pict.jpg

11   23   11

12 (edited by tenetnosce 2006-07-04 14:00:36)

OK I finished reading this book.  Great find, and thanks for sharing!

montalk wrote:

There's an interesting chapter in there on duality vs non-duality, basically about how on the grandest scale things are non-dual but incorrectly applying that idea here in this dualistic illusion is a trap. There is an excellent metaphor relating spiritual humans and non-spiritual humans to the white and red blood cells of the body. The point made regarding the idea of Darkness (which is like a virus) is "What would happen if your white blood cells sat down and did nothing under the idea that all is happening as it's supposed to be? You would die." (Worded better in the book). Or the way I see it, everything does happen as it should as long as this includes you doing as you should, which involves making righteous choices and acting on them.

I think this is a critical piece of the work and highlights the necessary balance between resisting and allowing.  It's worth reading this chapter, if nothing else.

I am still contemplating developing the sixth sense as a means to awakening, in contrast to experiencing the sixth sense as a result of awakening.

My heart sank a little as I was approaching the end of the book and realized that Eric was not going to reveal his techniques for meditation and gathering prana, named as the two prerequisites for awakening. . . unless I missed them somewhere.

Also I thought it was a bit strange that he never quite makes it back to how to communicate with "The Navigator".  O.K. so there is a higher dimensional aspect of ourselves that we can communicate with to receive guidance in our lives.  .  . nothing really new there. 

I kept thinking Eric was going to explain how to strengthen this connection, other than simply becoming aware that it exists.  He also makes no mention of learning how to properly interpret data coming in from the sixth sense.  I've found that misperception can occur with this sense, as with all the others, which makes it vulnerable to manipulation.  This necessitates discernment.

Again, is there something I missed? Anyone find it?

It is not for us to understand love, but simply to make space for it.

I finished reading the book last night. It gave a lot for free but by being an introductory text did not include the meditation technique. I was hoping it would at least have an appendix for a basic meditation to get started with. If the technique must be explained in complete detail, then maybe a second book just for that. I think the audio course is what talks deeply about the technique and lots else. Well, Tenet  and everyone else wondering the same, have no worries, email me and we might get this resolved.

I found some interesting ideas in the book and also some disturbing ones.
He seems to put it out there that total destruction of the Earth could ensue from the forces of darkness. There are other sources that suggest that many worlds have already been brought down in this manner. He seems to refer to the higher self as what he calls the dimensional self, but I would not call it that as I believe its beyond space, beyond time, and beyond dimension. I prefer Steve Gambles definitions as the HS is the part that remains in the original realm, while the soul descends into the material realm and works with the physical incarnate in that space. I think the idea of the navagator is valid which again would be the Higher Self. He seems to touch on the idea that humans are a type of extension or appendage to the angelic realm which I have seen elsewhere. Some of what was said about duality did not make sense. Also the idea that time in the source realm would seem as very little for all the zeons that have passed under the negative influence of the fall has been posited elsewhere but on some level does not make sense. The most disturbing aspect is his description of the corruption being something separate and coming from " somewhere " unknown." This does not feel right. Be careful with this one friends.
With that statement he seems to put the corruption outside the scope of the GodForce where the Gnostics would indicate that the corruption was a product of experimentation from forces below the level of the original source.

StarCat

In a nutshell:

The meaning of life is to experience. -- page 125

I'm kind of confused, and I can't figure out a way to copy/paste text out of the pdf document even though I can select it... In Chapter 3, he's going from the physical understanding outward to trying to connect with some non-physical level. He talks about people basically being their physical selves, and says you have to create the additional bodies, and think of and develop a connection to your higher self, otherwise you are un manifested potential, and just get recycled I imagine like a crop plant being tilled back under the soil. From there that strikes some kind of fear tone in me, and reminds me of conventional religion saying you have one life to get it right, and if you screw up you're doomed or will cease to exist. On one hand I think it could kind of explain the OP theory about all the people who are walking around with only a very basic physical awareness. I guess it's pretty much agreed that most people are asleep in their waking life.

He was saying you have to achive some amount of work and resultant level of awareness if you wish to reincarnate. Which seems to me a threat of loss and ultimately fear. I was a little thrown off by it vs the other understandings which he gets into later. And I failed to see the bridge going from this section into the later so it still kind of stands out to me as a contradiction or unresolved.

Chapter 4 The creation of god was very interesting and fascinating to me. As far as theories go it seems at least plausible. Interesting considering the void and some basic duality with void and vacuum creating pressure which created elementary forms of non-physical energy which culminated into an intelligent energy awareness and ultimately denser forms of physical matter and a big bang...

Chapter 5 We're into we are all energy beings, so we come down here to experiences this level or dimension of the universe/god whatever you want to call it. This generally seems to jive with the other things I've read, but I'm still confused vs Chapter 3. Now we're an indivuated spark of energy and intelligent life force descending into physical bodies to gain experience which we can't obtain in a purely non-physical energy realm where we originate. We wear our physical bodies like tools to translate the physical realm into energy and store those experiences in our consciousness.

It seems like a contradiction... Overall it's an interesting book, obviously I'm not finished. But there it is the meaning of life in fortune cookie format, Although Douglas Adams was even more succinct in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: "42". Which I think says the same thing in a more cryptic form. I have read that Mr. Adams enjoyed drinking a tea called Earl Grey #42 or something like that. Experience. etc...