Re: Scientology...does anyone KNOW this?!?

Good video. The Big Story had someone infiltrate the cult and take all their beginning workshops. One of the exercises in communication was the 'staring test' where two people are put in a low lit room and have to stare at eachother for over an hour. The woman who infiltrated and did this test said that she began to hallucinate when she did this test.     
   The person she looked at CHANGED SHAPE, GREW SCALES, LIKE A LIZARD she said.
   Freaky deaky....

17 (edited by Barefoot Doc 2007-12-12 09:16:10)

Re: Scientology...does anyone KNOW this?!?

GreyCat wrote:

Good video. The Big Story had someone infiltrate the cult and take all their beginning workshops. One of the exercises in communication was the 'staring test' where two people are put in a low lit room and have to stare at eachother for over an hour. The woman who infiltrated and did this test said that she began to hallucinate when she did this test.     
   The person she looked at CHANGED SHAPE, GREW SCALES, LIKE A LIZARD she said.
   Freaky deaky....

Thats not uncommon to those familiar with the mirror meditation where you gaze at your own face or just at the edge of it for a few minutes or longer, or the gaze used to see 3d stereograms, your face will morph into all kinds of things. Your brain gets tired of the same image and thus creates all kinds of effects or some say you start seeing with the third eye. It does not mean they are really lizards nessecarily smile
One of the trainiing methods of mages is to actually focus on a object for a long period and make sure it does not morph as is inevitable  for most people as the brain get bored of the same image.

edit:
I should add when i did the mirror gazing exercise my face morhped into all kinds of things from demonic to funny and weired i would imagine the same would happen if one tried it with a partner or friend. I gazed just to the side of my face and saw these things in my Peripherol vision.

Its not like we are fractions of the whole but rather versions of the whole.