1 (edited by Mystical Girl 2006-03-07 10:44:08)

Topic: The Dangers of Reiki

I would like to thank Lipstick Mystic for sharing the negative side of Reiki in these articles on her site:

http://www.lipstickmystic.com/articles/ … _hado.html

http://www.lipstickmystic.com/articles/ … s_bad.html

I was never interested in Reiki because I had my own natural healing abilities, but about six years ago I took my friend's Reiki class mainly because I respected and admired her very much, and I was curious about the class itself. 

Within hours after recieving the Reiki attunement, I had what looked and felt like a thick cord or cable under my skin on my left side between my ribs and hips that was incredibly painful.  I had never had any problem there or anything like it.  It was obviously a negative reaction to the Reiki.  It took me weeks to heal it with my own healing work, and it was so excruciatingly painful during that time, I could barely move.

At the time everyone insisted that Reiki could do no harm, and so I just chalked it up to it being just another wierd thing about me and totally bought into the belief that Reiki could do no harm, basically forgetting about it.  Over the years, I didn't do Reiki sessions with people because I knew my work was much more powerful, but it still never really occured to me that Reiki could be harmful for other people.  That is something I have never read or heard a Reiki practitioner admit.

Recently, a friend of mine was having serious health problems.  I did my own work on him, and he had what was called a miraculous improvement, but shortly after that, he started asking me to do Reiki on him.  (He had read about it online and was convinced it would be helpful.)  So instead of doing my normal healing work on him, I kept specifically doing Reiki instead, and he kept getting worse.   At the time, I couldn't understand it because I've never had a problem healing something in the past when I've done it my own way.   But with all the Reiki brainwashing, it never occured to me that Reiki could be causing or worsening the problem.

So, after weeks of sending him the Reiki he requested, he ended up having to have his spleen removed a couple weeks ago.  The surgeon said that the fascia was so thick and hard and twisted around the blood vessels and spleen that it took a very long time to cut through it.  He said he had never seen anything like it.   

Then, last week when I read the articles linked above, it all made sense to me.  I think my friend had the same reaction I had to the Reiki.  It was even in the exact same area. Weird, huh?  I'm lucky I didn't go to an MD at that time... they probably would have tried to cut it out or worse. 

As you can imagine, I feel bad about my friend.  Though I suppose I should accept it as Divine Will.  If it wasn't meant to happen, my medically-minded friend would not have kept asking specifically for Reiki, or I would have received the message sooner, intuitively or otherwise.

Re: The Dangers of Reiki

I too have read that unbalanced reiki symbols that call in external energies many of which the practitioner has no real understanding of can be harmfull.
They can often open up peoples chakras to these unbalanced external energies so losing their auric sheild of protection or they may place a clockwise symbol over a chakra for example which will unblance it as chakras spin in both directions at the same time, both imploding and expolding energies.
IMO learning to heal with internal energies from source and doing it yourself is the safest bet.
I also think it somewhat naive of some people who expect miracles from reiki while they often ignore the physical aspects of causation, diet and toxins.
If a disease is caused by toxins or poor diet then at best reiki is only going to be palliative and should only ever be used as part of a whole holistic approach.
Most successfull alternative health practitioners these days know that unless they get their clients detoxed and  hydrated and put on a good diet, the homeopathy or acupuncture or whatever will palliate but probably wont cure serious disease.

Its not like we are fractions of the whole but rather versions of the whole.

IMO learning to heal with internal energies from source and doing it yourself is the safest bet.

I totally agree with that.

Barefoot Doc -  Could you please clarify what you mean by "unbalanced Reiki symbols"?  Thanks in advance!

I'm a reiki teacher myself and the book i'm writing and posted here has some pieces of about how reiki actually is nothing more than a channel for energy, so if the thought of even one of the teachers in the lineage is even remotely ignorant to the nature of illness and thus harmful it corrupts all following members of that tradition thus making reiki "harmful" to the patient but acting in accordance with what the healer his / herself wants.

So reiki only empowrs the person who recieves the initiation, but keep in mind that if you have 10 people who studeid before you, can you really count that all 10 of them managed to realise on their own what illness is and managed to pass that on without even one of them being corrupted. Probably not, thats why reiki has taken a very severe downturn and corruption in recent decades and it will crumble very shortly.

So i would not recommend reiki to anyone unless you can completely 100% trust the person you learn it from, and if they say reiki  cant do harm. Dont trust them, so that includes 95% of Reiki people.

So, i'm a  reiki teacher yet i can openly say that i dont believe reiki to be a good way of healing anymore, and i can do that because reiki to me is a tool to heal people, if it works it works, if it dosnt work it dosnt work. Only a tool and nothing higher than myself.

This only tangentially relates, but I thought it worth mentioning here:

Not all Reiki practitioners do just Reiki. A few might employ other methods without telling unless you ask. Maybe the believe these other methods are effective or supplementary but it may not agree with you.

I watched a recent video of a lecture by Adrian Dvir. He is an engineer and clairvoyant who got involved in this phenomenon whereby etheric aliens approach a person and ask to set up a hyperdimensional clinic in their apartments, in a parallel space. If the person agrees, he or she opens shop for patients to come in with various ailments, who are etherically worked on by these entities and in many cases come out feeling better. The patient goes into a meditative state, feels various tingly or warm bodily sensations, sometimes experiences twitches and convulsions as the entities do their thing. 

Anyway, Mr Dvir mentioned that he has some practitioners in the US who employ these etheric doctors in their healing sessions but without mentioning it, just calling it "Reiki" or "general healing." Maybe it's done in good faith, but even if these entities are positive, some people do have a psychic alarm system that gets tripped when invaded by unknown forces, and if they went in just for some Reiki but got more, they would not do so well. If these entities are instead etheric/astral parasites masking as helpful interdimensional medical teams, then the situation is even worse. 

So it may not always be Reiki in itself, but other factors in a session that could cause upset. Maybe the healer has entity attachments, is an etheric vampire, or simply has an icky vibe. Maybe as mentioned in this thread the symbols are unbalanced. The alternative health field has especially been targeted by the Control System because of its potential for positive effects. So you will find pockets of poison among all the goodness.

Or as LipstickMystic said, maybe the symbols are fine but they just don't match with your energy profile. Maybe an illness purposely developed to highlight some lesson or imbalance for a person, and an external attempt to undermine that illness may actually further provoke it until the person "gets" it.

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

I live in finland and i recieved my reiki initiations from a person who studied outside the US reiki lines. Who got his initiations from a healer in hungary who got hers from 2 lines removed from usui himself. Yet i have the same observations about effects of reiki as you mention. And i only have the 4 basic symbols (chokurei, seheki, honshashesonen and daikomyo) (spelling might be off). So i find it unlikely that the problem is with the symbols. More likely with the actual lines.

So, reiki in it self is a extremely powerful tool, as it opens up to the desire of the healer, yet if the motivations of the healer are "inpure" the reiki begins to reflect that, and slowly the reiki line that follows from that teacher gets really corrupted as each step usually makes it more and more "inpure". Thats why reiki has a tendency to be corrupt, as it is a "master-student" thing, without the actual "guide-student" relation which most shamanistical paths have.

7 (edited by Mystical Girl 2006-03-08 15:36:53)

Anyway, Mr Dvir mentioned that he has some practitioners in the US who employ these etheric doctors in their healing sessions but without mentioning it, just calling it "Reiki" or "general healing." Maybe it's done in good faith, but even if these entities are positive, some people do have a psychic alarm system that gets tripped when invaded by unknown forces, and if they went in just for some Reiki but got more, they would not do so well. If these entities are instead etheric/astral parasites masking as helpful interdimensional medical teams, then the situation is even worse. 

So it may not always be Reiki in itself, but other factors in a session that could cause upset. Maybe the healer has entity attachments, is an etheric vampire, or simply has an icky vibe.

Montalk - Yes, I could totally see these things happening.  Gary Bonnell mentions a similar story, in one of his books, about a client who went to someone for healing and ended having etheric aliens working on her that refused to leave.  Gary investigated astrally, gaining enough information about them to look into their Akashic Records and was able to find a way to make them leave.

When I work on people, I normally just merge with my Highest Self as much as possible, and sometimes ask for Angelic help... but I would never extend an open invitation like it seems some healers do.

I wonder if the word Reiki is becoming somewhat of a generic term for energy healing among some people.  In the way that all soft drinks are called "coke" in the south, or a tissue is called a kleenex.  My friend often tells people I did Reiki on him, and then I have to correct him and say it wasn't Reiki, it was my own type of energy healing.  And yet he continues to call it Reiki anyway.

Hkelukka - Thank you for sharing your theories.  I find them very interesting, although I don't think it's applicable to my own situation.  I don't think my Reiki is corrupt.  I just think it's disonant to my own energy.  (And to my friend's energy who is a soulmate of mine.)

Montalk said: The alternative health field has especially been targeted by the Control System because of its potential for positive effects. So you will find pockets of poison among all the goodness.

This has gotten so bad that I have dropped out of the holistic health/alternative spirituality  field.  I used to teach classes on dreamwork and intuitive development but was under such psychic attack that I had to go into hiding.  I see many health practioners, esp. energy workers possessed by negative entities.  Many people have come to me to have implants and other noxious things removed afterwards.  I do a form of intuitive healing that seems to have good results esp. on animals.  The hardest question I face is "So what exactly do you do?" and my reply is "I try to remove as much of myself as possible, focus on the highest and purest energy there is and let this come through me."  However most people, it seems, what some kind of label attached to the work.   
   I also think that negative forces can insinuate themselves into group minds undetected-let's say a Reiki or Tai Chi class that meets on a regular basis.  No one can notice because the forces can jump from person to person-hide within belief systems, attitudes, assumptions about the work, etc.  It would be interesting to chart the decline of systems such as Reiki based on the infiltration of negative forces-how it is done, etc.  i.e. detect a pattern that would apply to other systems under attack.

In order to see, you have to stop being in the middle of the picture

-Sri Aurobindo

Sira, i've been doing something similar and thats the reason i've left the reiki field because it is impossible or at the least, very very hard to pull out of the dirt again. It seems to be 100-150 years from the founder of a healing line before the healing line is corrupted. Think of jesus and the christians, it took around that long before they wrote the books which mucked it all up.

I've been writing that book and doing other spiritual things that has drawn considerable attention but it didnt have an effect at first as i didnt have the desire to live after the book is done so they couldnt attack anything, i just got so heavey i slept for 14 hours a day and even then felt tired.

I've since then decided that i might as well live and am right now clearing myself from all this stagnation and proceeding to develope my own healing line. I believe that it like all others will become corrupted within 100 years of me forming it. Assuming ofcourse it gets any people using it. Such is life smile

I just saw this thread and couldn't agree more with LipstickMystic.

I was very interested in healing back in 1997 as I had just been diagnosed with Addison’s Disease  and given 3 years to live. I figured, why not heal myself, and so I investigated a lot of modalities out there… one of which was Reiki, the other 2 were QiGong healing and Pranic healing (the last 2 are almost the same thing).

In March of ’98 I got Reiki I and in May I got Reiki II. Every time I tried to use it I caused people pain. I wondered if the symbols/attunements were done backwards, or something. After just a few people getting worse, I stopped it, and to repair the damage I had done to one woman, I had to switch to Pranic healing, and she was instantly healed with no relapses.

There is something wrong with Reiki – which is probably why the PTB see no reason to stop it being promoted. In the bookstore, there are a lot of Reiki books, but not one on Pranic Healing (Choa Kok Sui was the Chinese Filipino who wrote the 3 books on it -- see Amazon.com),
or QiGong healing – because they work?  Interesting that Reflexology and Accupuncture (kissing cousins) have been approved for use, too. I have had  Reflexology done on me and it works.

It was easy to do distance healing in Pranic healing, yet it sometimes provoked ‘healing crises’ in some older people – one of whom was rushed to the emergency ward, and while there, things got ‘normalized’ (blockages cleared and the prana/chi did what it was supposed to) and the older woman walked out with her knee completely healed. Never had a problem with it after that – I know because she was in my Edgar Cayce Search for God group for months.

And I was personally healed of the Addison’s by a woman whom God sent my way in 2001 who had received (she said) an anointing from Smith Wigglesworth (v. powerful English healer). She laid hands on me and I fell to the ground (didn’t believe in that stuff!) with this heat going all thru my midsection, and 30 min later when I could get up, I felt fine. Two days later, I went to my doc and got some blood tests for the cortisol level and it was perfectly normal. Healed. I went back and thanked her. From that point forward, my Pranic healings were stronger. On self and others. (She later said that I got some of the ‘anointing’.)

I have not done Reiki since, nor do I let anyone else do Reiki on me… the one time I did, by my then Reiki master, felt like a spiritual attack and I was very dizzy, sick and had to go to another healer to have Pranic healing done – she felt ‘bad’ energy around me and had real ‘fun’ removing it! It left and I have shunned Reiki ever since.  I think Reiki is counterfeit healing.

Thanks for sharing the two articles – I have printed them off (with URL credits) -- printed in the texts for my personal library. Thanks.

Il faut tout voir de la hauteur de 40,000 pieds.

11 (edited by Risen 2006-03-10 22:29:13)

Zarg wrote:

In March of ’98 I got Reiki I and in May I got Reiki II. Every time I tried to use it I caused people pain. I wondered if the symbols/attunements were done backwards, or something. After just a few people getting worse, I stopped it, and to repair the damage I had done to one woman, I had to switch to Pranic healing, and she was instantly healed with no relapses.

There is something wrong with Reiki – which is probably why the PTB see no reason to stop it being promoted.

Zarg, this is quite interesting to me.  I read somewhere not too long ago, there was an article where a proclaimed expert was saying there were some core problems with Reiki as most people know it.  This person said many of the symbols used were asymetrical and thus would create more bad/unbalance than good/balance.  This was one of their main concerns, but there were others.  I had wondered if this was just someone attempting to debunk a real healing method, but your testimony above seems to possibly confirm what this person was saying.

I will try and find the article or site where I read this... no promises but I do hope to find it.

Thanks for sharing!

[edit:]

Ah, here it is, I believe....

SHOPPING FOR SPIRIT - THE SEARCH FOR TRUTH

Steve Gamble wrote:

It is now the time to put my own truth forward and explain my own experiences with Reiki and in particular the Reiki Symbols. Soon after completing Reiki II I began to feel uncomfortable about using the symbols in healing. I didn’t know why. I could not put my finger on the reason why intuitively I was giving myself a hard time. I persevered with the symbols but I gradually started to become more and more uncomfortable using them. Eventually I stopped using them altogether although I still could not put my finger on the reason why, only that it did not feel right.

[...]

So, irrespective of whether a symbol is good or bad it will only serve to limit the energies. This is reason enough not to use symbols in our healing sessions. [In fact in the original Reiki as developed and taught by (Mikao) Usui-sensei there were no symbols  at all, contrary to popular Western Reiki beliefs and teachings today.

[...]

Each and every one of our chakras spins both ways and like the Ahnu is comprised of twin vortices of energy. Our base chakra, for example, does not spin one way i.e. clockwise for a male and the opposite for a female, with the sacral spinning anti-clockwise and so on up the body. All chakras spin both ways at the same time creating balance. Therefore imparting a one way spin into a chakra, which is exactly what the Reiki  symbol does, will only create an imbalance in the chakra by encouraging it to spin more one way than the other.

...click + read for the rest...

This is no time for the righteous
Only the wicked survive
Bake up a batch of the Yellow Cake
Bake up a batch of the lies
- - - - -[ Yellow Cake - Ministry - Rio Grande Blood (2006)

Imhotep7 wrote:

...we can look to NO ONE but ourselves when it comes to healing and whatever it is we need...and when we do...we will have found SOURCE ... ourselves.

...Seth said that people who depend upon 'health food, vitamins' etc, in some ways are no different than those who depend upon the AMA...even though what is 'natural' is in more alignment the body ... but it STILL all depends upon our thoughts, our beliefs, and focus and attention...Every substance...every action ...is frequency. It is how we are creating our reality.

I toatally agree with you.  Thanks for posting.

And Risen, thank you so much for that link!  {{Runs off to read the whole article...}}

13 (edited by Zarg 2006-03-11 16:04:55)

Hey Risen -- thanks for the info from Steve Gamble. Interesting! Seems LipstickMystic is on to something really important.

By the way, when I did Pranic healing, we learned and could feel with our palms that the chakras do turn both ways: clockwise to take energy IN, and counterclockwise to expel (used) chi. Chakras cannot spin both ways at once -- think about it: liken it to a propeller -- does it spin both ways at once?

Also, I finally read the whole 2 articles by LipstickMystic and in the 2nd article, and I want to clarfy something (sustains her well-taken point):
her article PS from January 24, 2006 adds:  'Reiki is just another word for
Prana or Life Force or Eternal Spirit.' Maybe you have discovered what I am about to share by now: Reiki is a vibration, a 'magnetic ray' if you will -- it is not chi or Prana; Reiki is more magnetic healing. Prana and Chi are the same thing (aka Orgone, Ruah, etc...) a kind of energy force which at times in the right light looked to me to be waves of particles -- in whatever color I had visualized. And Eternal Spirit is spirit - neither Reiki nor Prana/chi.

Keep up the good work.

Imhotep7 -- be careful with Seth -- he occasionally made wrong statements such as the one you quote:

Seth said that people who depend upon 'health food, vitamins' etc, in some ways are no different than those who depend upon the AMA...

... Our soil and plants are deficient nowadays in vitamins and minerals, and if one is not using a supplement, s/he will not be as healthy as one who uses (appropriate) health supplements. (Seth was a 4D joker who gave a lot of accurate info, but ruined Jane Roberts' body by smoking and drinking while in her body -- does not sound like a high level entity to me... where is the integrity?)

Namaste

Il faut tout voir de la hauteur de 40,000 pieds.

14 (edited by Barefoot Doc 2006-03-12 03:08:20)

Zarg wrote:

By the way, when I did Pranic healing, we learned and could feel with our palms that the chakras do turn both ways: clockwise to take energy IN, and counterclockwise to expel (used) chi. Chakras cannot spin both ways at once -- think about it: liken it to a propeller -- does it spin both ways at once?

I think thats  because you may be  thinking 2 dimensionally, the ahnu is a 2d representation of life feeding itself from within by implosion and exposion in balance, so i beleive chakras do spin all ways at the same time and we only notice certain things about them because thats where our focus is at the time.

Steve Gamble wrote:

At first I wasn’t sure what I was seeing but eventually was fixated watching the energies moving in the chakra. It was literally like an energy dance of various sized vortices of energy, but all constructed the same way! Here at last, in front of my physical eyes I was seeing the Ahnu, described by early theosophists as the source of all life, something I had only been privileged to see before in meditations. I show below a symbolic two-dimensional representation of an Ahnu, but that is merely all that it is, a symbolic representation. It does not do justice to the true beauty of what an Ahnu is, which has to be appreciated in the magnificence of its multi-dimensional form.

Ahnu’s are comprised of vortices of energy, which spin both ways within themselves. These energies are connected at the outside (at the top, three dimensionally) and at the centre (at the bottom three dimensionally) where they form a perfect heart.

They are one of the most beautiful sights to behold. The source of all life, the energy, which feeds all life itself. As an example, each chakra has many of these Ahnu’s within it, various sizes with a larger one in Science has discovered that a proton and a neutron, for example, contain energies which spin both ways. They have twin vortices of energy. See picture above. Science has discovered that a proton and a neutron, for example, contain energies which spin both ways. They have twin vortices of energy. See picture above. Scientists have also demonstrated that by imparting a one way spin into a twin vortex of energy, (i.e. energies spinning both ways at the same time), this will cause an imbalance within these twin-spinning vortices of energy.

I can understand where the word Chakra comes from, meaning wheel, because it is like wheels within wheels yet it is more. Having a larger centre Ahnu and smaller ones around it also gives the chakra the look of a sunflower, so I could also see and understand where the description lotus flower came from, but again it is so much more.

Edit: In windows media player there is a setting called Battery: i see the truth, which shows an animated 2d twin vortex effect that reminds me of the chakras.

Its not like we are fractions of the whole but rather versions of the whole.

15 (edited by Hourthirteen 2006-03-14 18:49:57)

Oh like WOW, Zarg…your comment on Seth blew me away because it was so unbelievable. My mom has done reiki healing so that's how I was drawn to this thread...but that's another story! smile
I was raised on Seth…have read ALL of his books…plus Jane’s OverSoul Seven novels which
Are phenomenal. Seth, more than ANY other ‘spiritual force’ paved the way for the New Age (a term I don’t particularly care for) and spiritual expansion…not only in this country but all over the world! He, more than ANY one, broke down the fear and mind control that religious barriers erected. He laid the ground work for much of humanity to be able to understand not only METAPHYSICS but QUANTUM physics. He popularized the phrase “You Create Your Own Reality" … THIS motto coupled with The Immutable Law of Attraction enables those who WANT to-- take back their birthright: SELF-Empowerment.

Most of the well known channels and many other writers of spiritual teachings based on self-empowerment ALL credit Seth as the original DOOR OPENER for their expanded thinking! Seth’s book “The Nature of Personal Reality" is known as the metaphysical bible. You wrote: “does not sound like a high level entity to me…where is the integrity?"  and continued … “Seth ruined Jane’s body by smoking and drinking while in her body." Oh dear lord….You maybe need to __read__ some of the Seth books. Jane had her own life and lessons. She was not ‘possessed’ by Seth during her channeling.
I could and want to…but won’t…say anymore of this. Those of you who know any of the Seth materials know Seth NOR Jane need any defending. Guess I won’t invite you over for a beer and a cigarette, eh?
Just joking! smile
This Noble Realms site IS really a cool place.

Peace,
Summer