Topic: Hollywood (Hellewood) gliterati/illuminati (Eternal Sunshine/Montauk)

I wonder how many Hollywood (aka 'Hellewood' as David Icke relays) gliterati/illuminati (actors, directors, writers, producers) are 'in-the-know'?

It's quite obvious that there are many who do indeed KNOW about the alien/overlord/elite control of Earth (and have over many years/decades, been gradually indoctrinating/informing the masses/worldwide public, some mis/dis info too, about the power structures and projects involving time-travel, aliens, elite-rule, conspiracy, etc).

Movies such as the following immediately come to mind:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Hanger 18
Star Wars
Star Trek
They Live
The Arrival I and II
Minority Report
War of the Worlds (original and upcoming remake)
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (original and remake)
Dreamscape
Brainstorm
Village of the Damned and Children of the Damned
The Matrix trilogy
Existenz
The 13th Floor
The Hidden I and II
Dune
Universal Soldier
Eyes Wide Shut
Vanilla Sky
The Others
Rosemary's Baby
The Exorcist series
V
Phenomenon
Swordfish
The Prisoner (Brit t.v.)
Blade Runner
Conspiracy Theory
UFO (Brit t.v.)
Sliders
Total Recall
Imposter
Ghost of Mars
Invaders from Mars
Intruders
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Westworld and FutureWorld
Looker
A.I.
Dark City
Day the Earth Stood Still
Earth vs. the Flying Saucers
M.I.B. I and II
K-Pax
Man Facing SouthEast
The Philadelphia Experiment I and II
The Thing (original and remake)
THX-1138
Brave New World (t.v. version)
Planet Earth and Genesis II
Battle Beyond the Stars
Time Tunnel
Armageddon
Deep Impact
Alternative 3
The Hunger
Near Dark
Lifeforce (aka Space Vampires)
Blade I, II, III
all the many other vampire, werewolf, alien, monster, horror type movies
so many more other sci-fi type movies too

and certainly many others as well (which don't immediately come to mind)

each containing various subtle and not-so-subtle (allusional, metaphoric/symbolic) clues and references...

and the recent (2004) memory-altered movie 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' starring Jim Carrey and Kirsten Dunst and Kate Winslet, in which they travel to 'Montauk Point' on upper Long Island in New York (and the mind-altering tech that is discussed in the Sky Book Series aka 'Montauk Time Travel' series by Peter Moon and associates).

I am quite sure that in certain Californian, and to a larger extent- the film-making world in general (throughout all the various Earth countries), most KNOW what is going on...

It would damage their credibility and reputations if they were to invest time and effort in exposing their superiors and collaborators (the Elite/Alien/ET/Overlords).

The whole subject of ufo/paranormal/supernatural/conspiracy/elite/overlord-rule is constantly denied by the Powers that Be- world governments/agencies/intelligence-org's etc, and anyone (famous or obscure, rich or poor, sane or insane) professing such insider or outsider research and findings is ridiculed and discounted swiftly and efficiently...

I wonder how these illuminati/gliterati types (including actors etc) feel about their ongoing collaboration and supposed ignorance of such matters?  Their consciences (if they have any)? (con-scientists, con-artists, interesting wordplay via David Icke's input such as Be Lie f/Be Lie ve... lying co-conspirators, Santa/Satan unusual anagrams, OWL's- OtherWorld-Lifeforms, etc, --LOL)

I do know of a few exceptions, like when Keanu Reeves (and some others) have met with anti-NWO researcher/presenter Alex Jones and singer Noel Gallagher of Oasis rock group was seen at a David Icke lecture presentation in the UK.

I know that Warren Beatty was present at the Peter Lawford estate in California at the time of the affairs between Marilyn Monroe and President Kennedy and Bobby Kennedy and at the night of her mysterious 'suicide' death in 1962.  I am sure Warren's sister (and New Age guru) Shirley McClaine knows certain realities too, and Warren's recent Oscar-nominated wife Annette Benning knows certain truths too (I remember reading the recent NewsWeek magazine article where Benning mentions how some Hollywood careers have been early-destroyed... a reference to Marilyn Monroe and others? like the mysterious heart attack death of Stanley Kubrick, director of the satanic-ritualistic-themed-illuminati-omnipresent 'Eyes Wide Shut').

Just some thoughts...

-Indigo

Christ, the narrow path, saves those willing

Re: Hollywood (Hellewood) gliterati/illuminati (Eternal Sunshine/Montauk)

I'm with you on this, definitely.   They don't even try to hide it.  It's basically a case of "those with eyes to see and ears to hear."   For those without the knowledge and background, these movies are just "entertainment."   For those in the know, there's additional meaning and that hidden layer.

Good point too mentioning "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."  You are seriously the only other person I've encountered besides me and Montalk who noticed what you noticed.  The correlations with Montauk / mind control / time travel, etc. seemed so blatent that I went round in my head wondering if screenwriter Charlie Kaufman did that deliberately, or was it subconsious and unintentional?   We'll never know I guess.    "Meet me at Montauk....."   Then meeting up for a second time, but not even knowing that they've already met before.....memories erased....... what an amazing metaphor or subtle reference to the Montauk mind control / split personality / hidden alter personas thing!   

Good list.   My personal stand-out on that list is "Dark City."   Can there BE a better metaphor for what's happening in this reality??   It's right up there with "The Matrix", but unfortunately is overlooked by many.

Would like to add the movie "The Forgotten" to the list.   If you haven't seen it it's a must rent.  It's out now on DVD, we own a copy because it's a must own for anybody who likes to have these types of "hidden message" movies in their collection.   Also, hate to mention this but the Spielberg miniseries "Taken" should be on that list.   http://noblerealms.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=512    Montalk likens it to a "box of donuts."  You know it's bad but you can't stop eating them.   But, it still had some MAJOR themes being covered.   Most interesting to me personally was the lifelong abductee guy who enlisted in the military and was over in Vietnam and just "couldn't be killed."  It wasn't "allowed" by the aliens who had a lifelong vested interest in him.    THAT was quite an eye opener, let me tell ya.  Have NEVER seen that explored in any alien movie / series ever.   But I know someone who fits that description.  So to see that in a mainstream movie series kind of unnerved me.

Anyway, good post, good list..........

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

lyra wrote:

Most interesting to me personally was the lifelong abductee guy who enlisted in the military and was over in Vietnam and just "couldn't be killed."  It wasn't "allowed" by the aliens who had a lifelong vested interest in him.    THAT was quite an eye opener, let me tell ya.  Have NEVER seen that explored in any alien movie / series ever.   But I know someone who fits that description.  So to see that in a mainstream movie series kind of unnerved me.

I am acquainted with an individual who has had many paranormal experiences which are apparently ET-related,  and this person also fits the description.  I recall a recent conversation we had where they spoke of having had suicidal urges for a long period of time, but for some reason "wondered" if they actually would be able to go through with it if they chose to ... the essence of the question being whether an outside force would prevent that from happening.  This was a specific question of interest in their minds in light of their own intuitive sense of "mission" (which we now know is itself indicative of contact).

Yeah, good corresponding with you Lyra, you elaborate on many of my posts, pushing me in new directions, -thanks

Yeah, I am familiar with the movie 'The Forgotten' starring the in-my-opinion/or weakness actor Julianne Moore (I have a weakness for her type, the red-haired/fair-skinned beauty and for others like Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts, Rene Russo, Sigourny Weever, Winona Ryder, Meg Ryan, among others like the young Shirley McClaine, etc, something about the Irish/British/Nordic look and personality even considering the cold type nature of most of these dna descended peoples, myself included).  I have yet to watch that film, and its on my list to see soon, since I avoided it for some reason when it was in theaters.  I also like the Julianne Moore film 'The Big Lebowski' starring Jeff Bridges and John Goodman (playing a funny Vietnam-vet with definite opinions) in which she was a then lesser known actor.  I have yet to see/rent the widely panned film with Pierce Brosnan, 'Laws of Attraction'...

Yeah, when I first saw Eternal Sunshine, I immediately noticed the Montauk connection/coincidence... (I own it on dvd, and I noticed somewhere they are re-releasing a more expanded content features dvd soon, I wonder what additional materials/insights will be on it?)

Also, be aware that other dvd editions (R2, and other European encoded) have more features compared to their R1 region American counterparts, in particular I am aware that the German and UK editions of 'They Live' have a commentary track by director John Carpenter, whose track is not on the U.S. edition (I have yet to rent/buy that edition to hear the commentary- with possible references to the Reagan 1980's yuppie years in America-- maybe its deemed to degrading or insultive to the American dvd audience?)

Yeah, the Spielberg sci-fi series 'Taken' slipped my mind totally, it did contain alot of insights into the alien abduction/agenda and I read somewhere this series was Spielberg's atonement and change of mind since his landmark 70's film Close Encounters (where the aliens are incorrectly depicted as friendly, and his film 'ET'), Spielberg no longer believes the aliens are friendly, and it will be interesting seeing the upcoming Scientology-actor Tom Cruise/Spielberg remake of the War of the Worlds opening in late June 2005...

Did you know there is a small town on the Californian coast called 'Shell Beach'? (north of L.A. and Santa Barbara/Santa Maria) as is depicted in the film Dark City.... there are probably other shell beach towns on both coasts... Dark City-- the Strangers who travel in the dark and in our dreams manipulating us and using a human-doctor collaborator, is very revealing/hidden layer, a pre-Matrix 1998 movie directed by Alex Proyas (director of a Blade movie- I think, and director of The Crow movie)

I have also wondered about myself being a vet (from 88-91) and my unusual weird escapes and help by shining craft (which I sometimes catch glimpses of running/flying parallel with my automobile) and times in which I have been given favourable outcomes...pertaining to life-threatening events I have thus encountered (am I meant to accomplish some hidden plan or agenda?)

Very interesting times the 20th and 21st Centuries with the advent of moving images/cinema...

and its hidden layers/messages...

-Indigo

a further note:

the forementioned movies Planet Earth and Genesis II were both failed t.v. pilots by Gene Roddenberry in the early 70's (both featuring the underground 'Atlantean' type magnetic-leviton or mag-lev tech rapid transit tube shuttle craft which is said to exist as a worldwide transport system utilized by the Ultra-Elite, Ultra-Military, Aliens, Overlords for their private mach-speed transit, for example, the L.A. to N.Y. route takes only approx. 2hrs (the fastest non-stop, airplane now takes at least 5hrs in comparison) and there was a song called I.G.Y. by Donald Fagen of Steely Dan from the late 70's or early 80's which had the lyric 'N.Y. to Paris undersea by rail in 90min' or similar- an airplane takes around 7hrs the last time I checked, non-stop)

the upcoming 'Constantine' looks interesting (the veiled angels and daemons among us).

Independence Day
Day After Tomorrow

I, Robot (note: I remember recently seeing an old sixties Outer Limits episode entitled I, Robot too perhaps based on the Asimov short story/book?)

Bubba Ho Tep (as mentioned in the general discussion thread 'movies' by Lyra seems interesting too, and I plan to eventually see it too)

the weird David Bowie movie mentioned there in that thread seems interesting too (considering he was the star of Australian director Nic Roeg's cult film 'The Man Who Fell to Earth' and also star of 'Labyrinth' and other unusual films like 'Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence')

One more note:  I am currently in a search (with notable video outlets/sources) trying to find out the title of a sci-fi film I first remember seeing (only once) on t.v. in the 1970's where silver discoid ufo's are depicted entering the ocean and submerging down into a cave opening utilizing a force-field over the cave entrance and then flying (anti-gravity tech) into the large hanger bay parking near other ufo's, and the only other thing about this film I remember is two-to-three secret agent types arguing with the background of the ocean in the scene.... I can't remember any big-name stars in this film which makes it that much harder to find.... maybe, in rare cases, certain low-budget sci-fi films which hit too close to home in accuracy at portraying the real-life silver discoid transdimensional anti-gravitic tech ships which are often reported to be entering our oceans, desert-sub-level, mountain-concealed via fake tree terrain hanger openings, and deep water lakes... and are thus retracted or never released in the video format (they might occasionally show up on late nite t.v. though even nowadays there would be less 70's type movies on t.v. or written about in video guidebook formats...)

I know I saw that movie!

I also remember that really bad sci-fi flick called 'Laser Blast' airing on t.v. around the same time... where a young man discovers an alien laser gun and starts to wreck havoc (and that one is written about in say the VideoHound Guide) and I remember another low-budget sci-fi 70's flick where a floating orb is seen in the desert regions, can't remember much else though

Last (for now):

A very strange occurance (among many of mine so far) was when I bought the dvd of the movie Deep Impact (about the comet that might hit in 2012, and which never hit in Nostradamus' widely mis-interpreted prophecy of 1999...), when I got home with the dvd that nite, they were showing  Deep Impact (a better more realistic-like film as opposed to the Bruce Willis asteroid film Armageddon) on cable-t.v coincidentally...

Weird,
kinda makes me more paranoid than I already am!

Does that bode bad for the possible 'Project Awareness' advance warning prep for an inevitable impending asteroid impact (and the mock? BBC 70's documentary 'Alternative 3' based on the book of the same title depicting the Ultra-Elite's survivability plans, underground bunker/shelters stocked for the few lucky in-the-knows, key scientists, leaders, ultra-rich, aliens, human-collaborators, artists (gotta keep em entertained!) and off-planetary moon/mars bases?) and predicted via Bible Code I, II, and now upcoming III books by Michael Drosnin which mentions the asteroid potential in 2012...?  the so-called phase-shift and shift of many 3D bodies into the astral or next life....?

-Indigo

I keep thinking of more interesting movies--

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (now out on dvd)

starring Jude Law and Gywneth Paltrow (who is married to lead singer Chris Martin of Coldplay rock band, whose song 'Spies' features lyrics like 'fugitive' and 'they came out of the water'... and they have a new child which they named 'Apple')

Sky Captain depicts some cgi-eye candy sfx like underwater entrances/bases, remote island bases, Zeppelin derigibles docking at the Empire State Bldg in 1930's NYC, mad-scientists (German of course btw), a cgi- enhanced image of late actor Laurence Olivier (as the mad villian) ala Steve McQueen type cgi-manipulation in the new Ford Mustang commercial, ray guns, comic book reading geeky heroes, multiple kinds of robots, and on and on...

quite fascinating and certainly entertaining!

thumbs up for sheer inventiveness!

7 (edited by lyra 2005-02-06 02:46:56)

morningsun76 wrote:

I am acquainted with an individual who has had many paranormal experiences which are apparently ET-related,  and this person also fits the description.  I recall a recent conversation we had where they spoke of having had suicidal urges for a long period of time, but for some reason "wondered" if they actually would be able to go through with it if they chose to ... the essence of the question being whether an outside force would prevent that from happening.  This was a specific question of interest in their minds in light of their own intuitive sense of "mission" (which we now know is itself indicative of contact).

Interesting!    Yeah, I know one too.................my dad.   

!

I just know that during the portion of "Taken" that involves the abductee kid now as an adult, going over to Vietnam, then his life afterwards, that's when I was leaning forward, very intense.   To me if was the best part of the entire series, hands down, the most realistic part of the series compared to everything else which was more cartoonish.   And again, I've just never seen something like that covered in any movie.   I think my eyes were bugged out when I was watching it.  wink 

Indigo -  Yes, the David Bowie movie "Labyrinth".......VERY symbolic meaningful movie.   It oozes Illuminati mind control symbolism.   The white owl, the costume masquerade ball in the mirror world, altering / messing with personal time, the MC Escher stairs at the end, the labyrinth itself with its bezillions of features, all of which correspond to something which has to do with the inner workings of a compartmentalized split mind control puppet.    I own this one, and I've seen it dozens of times, I can't help it, I'm just so incredibly drawn to it.   smile   I know it's used as a programming tool, but it's just so enjoyable to watch.    oh well.   !

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
-----

8 (edited by I_like_Athm_too! 2005-02-06 18:51:34)

Note: I did not read the whole thread but I would appreciate it people stopped equating illuminati and NWO (as in, the "dark forces").

The idea of Illuminati rises from the cult dis-information book called "The priory of the Elders of Sion", which was on the surface a underground document establishing the jews as the controlling force behind major world events and preparing for the avent of the New World Order. An idea which is similar to that of mondialization or free market, which many in Italy and Amerika can see materializing before their very eyes. It is known that the little book was in fact propagated by the real forces behind the current NWO, which include many celebrities and, believe it or not, famous politicians. Funny. The Real Illuminati were in fact adepts, high initiates of the Noble Arts (magicians, hermetist, mystics)...this is to say they were the Esoteric Church, not that of St.Peter but that of St.John. The  one of Peter ended up messing up and subscribing to the Vatican newsletter. Shame.
The True Illuminate believe(d) in God. The Exoteric Church preached and preached while adding new Mastercards to their existing fortunes. Some obese bank accounts as well apparently. As for God, well, they DO worship something, however...Anyway, that's a little bit of background information.

According to some sources (Fatima's 3rd prophecy is one of the most commonly known), the Church of St.Peter is counting its days and Mr. Paul II is the one before last pope, after that, all being well, the friendly adepts, the good ETs and the ones who faithfully observe the teachings of Jesus, Buddah, Mohamed & Co. will take over the world and dance on the ashes of...

9 (edited by lyra 2005-02-06 19:07:44)

I_like_Athm_too! wrote:

Note: I did not read the whole thread but I would appreciate it people stopped equating illuminati and NWO (as in, the "dark forces").

Well, can't speak for others, but I'm not equating the Illuminati to anything.   I was just agreeing that there are messages and insights being featured in many mainstream movies / shows / miniseries which often times goes over the average person's head when they watch.   All they see is an entertaining fictional movie, when in fact, there's an actual message being conveyed there.  Layers upon layers, you could say.   

But you did admit, you haven't read the thread before you wrote that, so................   wink

I_like_Athm_too! wrote:

The idea of Illuminati rises from the cult dis-information book called "The priory of the Elders of Sion", which was on the surface a underground document establishing the jews as the controlling force behind major world events and preparing for the avent of the New World Order. An idea which is similar to that of mondialization or free market, which many in Italy and Amerika can see materializing before their very eyes. It is known that the little book was in fact propagated by the real forces behind the current NWO, which include many celebrities and, believe it or not, famous politicians. Funny. The Real Illuminati were in fact adepts, high initiates of the Noble Arts (magicians, hermetist, mystics)...this is to say they were the Esoteric Church, not that of St.Peter but that of St.John. The  one of Peter ended up messing up and subscribing to the Vatican newsletter. Shame.
The True Illuminate believe(d) in God. The Exoteric Church preached and preached while adding new Mastercards to their existing fortunes. Some obese bank accounts as well apparently. As for God, well, they DO worship something, however...Anyway, that's a little bit of background information.

For the sake of conversation, I'll take on the role of Devil's Advocate and ask......where's your proof that your version of historical events pertaining to the Illuminati is correct?   What makes your version any more legitimate / true versus somebody else's?   Just wondering, and again, playing Devil's Advocate.   Just wondering what your basis in proof is for your more correct "bit of background information."     I have no vested interest in the Illuminati, so you know.   In fact, I've gone on record in other threads proclaiming that I'm kinda tired of always hearing them blamed for everything that goes wrong in this world.   Illuminati this, Illuminati that.   Those who study alterative history / conspiracies overuse and abuse the word "Illuminati" far too often, imo....

-----
-----

indigo you caught my interest when you mentioned the "wordplay" games that are going on.

this is someting i look into alot! our minds decode words as a whole not individual letters, so they have been installing words with secret meanings.

you mentioned a few, but how about "Now" and "NWO" and even "won" ? maybe thats looking to hard...

what other ones have u came across. i must say i am impressed with your ability to match signs between all sorts of mediums. (i read some of your other posts elsewhere on other forums etc... good work) i delve into that alot myself, but you blow me out of the water.

z

"...i was taken by the hand, from the ocean to the sand..."
nitin sawhney - 'eastern eyes'

11 (edited by I_like_Athm_too! 2005-02-07 11:48:32)

The debate was only regarding the actual meaning of the word "Illuminati" (="Enlightnened ones" in Italian) and how it is used nowadays. That's what's p&@;ing me off a little, whether Hollywood is a valid source of secret knowledge is not part of my concerns but I respect those who are looking for clues regardless of the particular crystal ball they are using.

The Illuminati is widely being equated with the bad people. According to the only source I have at hand ("Cosmic Trigger" by R. A. Wilson, yet again) the term started to be used in 1776 in Bavaria. The Illuminati was an inner circle within the local Free Masons. [Did I hear somebody reach out for a crucifix and a clove of garlic?]. According to Mr. Wilson the origins of that  secret society within a secret society can be traced back to Knights Templars, Greek gnostic cults and Egyptian Schools of Mysteries (hence Atlantis, etc.) The problem with this debate is what we (you, they?) associate with the term Free Masonry. Free Masons are anti-Vatican and anti-pope for the reasons I have briefly highlighted further up. The problem is that this is often associated with Anti-Christianism, Devil worshipping, "Elders of Sion", NWO etc. This is what I call an amalgamation, and a pretty bad one too! I have neither the time or the need to prove my views by doing research and ending the posting with "You see, I told you so!". In fact I value free thinking and relying on one's OWN intelligence to decide what's what. [No, I didn't mean the NWO's intelligence, Funny!]. Whether Jesus existed or not, whether the Illuminati and Masons are in fact "The Dark Ones" I have my own beliefs, experiences and sources but not having anything published under any major publisher make any further arguments from me inconsequent. Right? So, if you want the Answers to come out of Icke's books, anti-occult propaganda or the Church of Satan I am sure you will find them right there as usual.

[Sorry, am I raising my voice? At least I managed to avoid the urge to write in frigging CAPITALS!]

By the way I am not a Mason and never will be. I am a free atom and I do not belong to any organization, church or movement...at least none that has a postal code!

In Light.

12 (edited by lyra 2005-02-07 12:20:17)

I_like_Athm_too! wrote:

The debate was only regarding the actual meaning of the word "Illuminati" (="Enlightnened ones" in Italian) and how it is used nowadays. That's what's p&@;ing me off a little, whether Hollywood is a valid source of secret knowledge is not part of my concerns but I respect those who are looking for clues regardless of the particular crystal ball they are using.

No actually, the conversation really was about whether Hollywood is sneaking secret knowledge into its movies.  You're the one who turned it into the topic of "the actual meaning of the world illuminati."  wink   I can't speak for indigo, but it seems to me that he used the term Illuminati in general, which is why he included other words / names in the title of this thread.  Meaning:  It's a vague term in contect with this thread, and it could be anybody in context of this thread.   Obviously the Illuminati thing was a trigger for you though, so that was your focus and it's now spun off onto the origins of the Illuminati, hence the paragraph that follows your above excerpt, which I won't get in to here......

I_like_Athm_too! wrote:

The problem with this debate is what we (you, they?) associate with the term Free Masonry. Free Masons are anti-Vatican and anti-pope for the reasons I have briefly highlighted further up....

???    What debate??   ???   Nobody even mentioned the Free Masons in this thread, nor debated them.    Seems you have your own debate going on that we're unaware of here.....!   I think I missed that train..............the conversation took a turn somewhere along the line and I just kept going straight or something....................

At any rate, I think you're talking about something entirely different from whatever this topic was intended to be, so, I won't go there because it's not supposed to be a thread about the Vatican, Satanism, crosses, garlic, Freemasons, the history of the Priory of Sion, your history versus someone else's, blah blah blah and all the other stuff that was in your posts.  (train turning!  hold on tight!!!!!!!)   wink   big_smile

-----
-----

Back again,

I read over the replies here.

I want to state (while I am at it) that I too, am not affiliated with any particular group (whether of the so-called "Light-Workers" who always claim to be benevolent and on 'humanity's-side' and all their various groups, Ashtar, Pleiadians, Andromedans, Nordics, etc..., or on the negative malevolent side or so-called "Dark-Powers" and their various groups, Orion, Sirius, Draco, Reptilians, etc...).  I try to remain somewhat 'nuetral' and merely 'observational' and detached, pointing out my findings/views and not taking up any particular 'side' or 'alignment' (as of yet, though I do tend to lean toward benevolence).

The only nearly related type of group I might consider myself to have similar ideas with is that of the Gnostics (and I still do not totally agree with all they teach/advocate), I say Gnosis is Empowerment because I resonate with how the Gnostics say that (in the American Heritage dictionary-2nd College Edition, an older dictionary I still use) defines gnosis as 'Intuitive apprehension of spiritual truths, an esoteric form of knowledge sought by the Gnostics. gnosis=knowledge<gignoskein, to know'.

Also the term 'illuminati' can be defined as follows: 1. Persons claiming to be unusually enlightened with regard to some subject. 2. illuminati- any of various groups that claimed special religious enlightenment. [Lat. pl. of illuminatus, p.part of illuminare, to illuminate] --same dictionary source

So, really, I suppose that various people (to even include myself and possibly the Gnostics themselves) could be termed 'illuminati', or possibly 'enlightened' to some extents (at least in comparison to the average masses of humanity who are largely mostly ignorant in certain areas such as spiritual, religious, and paranormal/conspiracy/supernatural/ufo/et etc phenomena).

Like I said, I do not really consider myself all that 'special' or 'enlightened' or affiliated with any specific groups (save possibly a loose connection to the Gnostics).

I_like_Athm_too!:

Don't worry, I don't mind wandering into tangents such as how illuminati is defined or perceived or misperceived...

I can understand how the term does get misused and overused at times (especially in certain circles like conspiracy/ufo/et/paranormal etc) and how it can hit a nerve...

I do think that yes, there are benevolent and malevolent (and those in-between, or nuetral) forces at work in the world that could call themselves 'illuminati'.

Meaning, there are different types of 'illuminati'.

Zonabi:

Thanks for the compliment, I agree with you about your observation of the wordplay NWO, and Now, and Won... I remember noticing that you pointed this out in one of your other posts at Noble Realms.... I never thought of that particular wordplay until I saw you mention it... (good work too!)

More movies (and t.v.) I forgot to mention:

Stargate (the original movie with Kurt Russell and James Spader)
Stargate Atlantis (the new sci-fi channel spin-off t.v. series)
Stargate SG-1 (the eight plus seasons t.v. series)

Battlestar Galactica (the 1970's original t.v. series) --btw in their pilot, Apollo makes note/mention that the Cylons (a robot species) was originally created by a race of 'reptiles'...

Battlestar Galactica (the 2003-05 new sci-fi channel t.v. series) --btw the Cylons (a robot species, who in this updated version can also appear fully outwardly human like the 'replicants' of Blade Runner film/novel fame) can be a possible allusion to David Icke's and other researchers' conception of an alien species (Cylons) who look 'human' but who are really non-human underneath and malevolent toward most humans, also one of the creators/writers of this series has the similar full name of 'David Eick' --an anagram of the controversial author/lecturer/researcher British-born David Icke?  really odd-huh? I wonder at times if the Hollywood elite/certain-writers change their names for publicity/hidden/occult purposes?  lastly, this series depicts the human-Caprica peoples being wiped out by nuclear weapons... some kinda subtle message to Earth? their related project/show was called Battlestar Galactica- 'Propaganda and War' -I found it interesting with its WWII symbolism etc.

the many other t.v. sci-fi channel shows
Farscape
Andromeda
Sliders
etc...

Lyra:

Yeah, I will probably eventually purchase that Labyrinth dvd... (I think David Bowie is very interesting, weird and controversial, his many sci-fi/occult-type songs and movie-projects are fascinating, I remember seeing his picture and the mention of his 'looks'/facial features as being 'cruel-like'- a common 'look' of many 'suspicious' or 'strange' celebrities)

Soylent Green
Omega Man
Demolition Man (where Swarzenegger is mentioned as the 'president')
The Lone Gunmen (where there is an episode depicting a plane crash into the WTC towers eerily similar to the actual tragedy, shown/aired pre-9/11)

The X-Files (of course, -a huge effort in regards to the whole ufo/et phenomena)

Millenium (the Chris Carter X-Files related spin-off)

The Peacemaker (a nuclear terrorist scenario)
The Sum of All Fears (another nuclear terrorist/nazi scenario by Tom Clancy)

I am sure I will think of others as time progresses...

-Indigo (still observing)

Demolition Man (where Swarzenegger is mentioned as the 'president')

oh man i gotta re-rent that one now...

Also Long Kiss Goodnight- where gov't fakes middle eastern terrorist attacks/bombs..

z

"...i was taken by the hand, from the ocean to the sand..."
nitin sawhney - 'eastern eyes'

15 (edited by I_like_Athm_too! 2005-02-08 13:10:24)

lyra wrote:

Seems you have your own debate going on that we're unaware of here.....!   I think I missed that train..............the conversation took a turn somewhere along the line and I just kept going straight or something....................At any rate, I think you're talking about something entirely different from whatever this topic was intended to be, so, I won't go there because it's not supposed to be a thread about the Vatican, Satanism, crosses, garlic, Freemasons, the history of the Priory of Sion, your history versus someone else's, blah blah blah and all the other stuff that was in your posts.  (train turning!  hold on tight!!!!!!!)   wink   big_smile

Ok, Lyra, I agree, I agree completely.
(This usually works with my wife unless I make the mistake of adding "wha'ever!" afterwards...That makes her even more mad!)

Lyra if you fancy a change of scenery or if you just want to listen to some cool tunes or read some weird and wonderful stuff (beside what's in this Most-Venerable-and-Very-Noble-Forum) make sure you visit the new secret link in my website link section. (It is called "More Creations", Ssshhh!)

By the way: I am sorry for starting another conversation in the middle of your conversation.

In Light,
Athm Aleph