Topic: On Yahoo news this morning- 935 lies about Iraq

Think this will appear it the papers? A public integrity group has determined that Bush told 935 lies to the public to support the Iraq war. I'm shocked. I thought it was only about 924.

2 (edited by titmouse_ 2008-01-23 21:30:40)

Re: On Yahoo news this morning- 935 lies about Iraq

Montalk 3.30.04 wrote:

I've learned long ago that ego-aggrandizement will inevitably bite you in the ass. Often, the problem isn't what you say, but how you say it - arrogance invites antagonism, especially when it stems from false assumptions.

Thought this might fit well with your topic.

"Big egos aspire to big lives; small egos aspire to simple experiences; in a man's heart rests the difference; for we often see on the outside what hasn't yet been revealed into awareness. Every artist is viewed as a narcissist, but the work is not less than a reflection of inner repressed desires in the viewer. False humility is the first clue to examine."
~~carefulcarpenter

I didn't buy the lies, myself. wink

Fun fact: Great Tits are common in Europe

To know love is to know trust; to know oneself is to know truth
~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/1014_nyratk1_3.jpg

Best firing I ever had:

Employer: "TITmouse_!!, I'm sorry but you're too slow and I can't keep you around any longer.
*Employer's face turns red and is in a fighter's stance*
titmouse_: *extends hand to shake employer's hand*
titmouse_: "I want to thank you for the 5 months of work and the great opportunity to improve my skills under such an experienced crew"
Employer: "Well then, I'm glad we have that worked out. Now, if you ever need employment, give me a call.  I could use a man of your experience and skill if I have a high-end time and materials project"
*Employer walks past titmouse_ to go back into the jobsite*
*titmouse_ has a glazed look on his face*
titmouse_: "Uh, excuse me, but could you explain this one to me again?"

*titmouse_ 1/2 hour later calls his other partime employer on the way to his second shift(three jobs going at one time)*
*titmouse_ has fulltime work with the next employer and makes $6/hr more and less driving* (temporarily down to only two jobs at that time)

Have not needed to call that employer for 9 years to find work.

"Arrogance is confidence lacking self-respect"
~~carefulcarpenter

Fun fact: Great Tits are common in Europe

To know love is to know trust; to know oneself is to know truth
~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

Remember years ago back when the U.S. assault on Fallujah was first being reported in the media? Well back then the television reporters used correct pronunciation of the word Fallujah (fall-ew-hah) when reporting about it. Then something changed. I never knew what it was exactly (knew it was nothing good) but I could tell it happened because the media immediately began pronouncing Fallujah using a backwoods southwestern redneck accent (fellewja). Did anyone else notice this? I suspected it to be a subtle 'mind-job' aimed at directing Americans attentions away from the reality of what they were supposed to be reporting, most certainly something those Americans would not approve of concerning U.S. military occupation in the region. (Many American news watchers may have even thought reporters were referring to some other region altogether.)

Well it would seem I was right. Here's what they were trying to divert your attention away from. Direct U.S. military orders to kill anything walking or breathing in Fallujah.

Fallujah - The Hidden Massacre on Google video

I am as is Void.

Xenopope, that vid. brought me to tears at one point, and i am not one given to sobbing.
It is absolutely horrendous what these "super powers" are doing to this planet (and weaker humans)
and our seemingly increasing impotence to stop them or to CREATE A VIABLE ALTERNATIVE.

As a resident of this planet, i sincerely apologise to all who have been the victims of our home; a home
which we ALL SHARE, but in which some of our stronger brothers are psychotic bullies.

Lets release the wave

expect nothing but be pleasantly surprised
tomorrow the sun may never shine....enjoy today---my father

7 (edited by Millenium 2008-02-19 08:34:21)

Today's Civic Lesson
courtesy of the late great Frank Zappa

They got lies so big
They don't make a noise
They tell 'em so well
Like a secret disease
That makes you go numb

With a big ol' lie
And a flag and a pie
And a mom and a bible
Most folks are just liable
To buy any line
Any place, any time

Frank Zappa

Rock n Roll Ruckas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IlE8yAm … re=related

Dumb All Over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodRD4-s … re=related

1986 Zappa on Crossfire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ISil7IHzxc

NightWatch wrote:

Xenopope, that vid. brought me to tears at one point, and i am not one given to sobbing.

I have to admit, after watching the video, it did leave me wishing I could send my love to the victims. I wish I could meet one of them personally so I could give them some sort of relief . . but how do you fix something like that? Feeling so helpless can really hurt deep in the seat of the soul.

I honestly do not understand what could make a person become so hateful and insidious that they would perpetrate something like this war and it's atrocities on people. The ONLY way I can explain it to myself is if they simply are not human.

I am as is Void.