1 (edited by ermolai 2004-04-23 00:06:34)

Topic: Dreams

I have noticed that most of my dreams in the past months fit in two categories:

- Dreams which seem to just play on my fears/insecurities, as if trying to increase them. When I wake up after such dreams I usually feel terrible, except if I remember enough of the dream to understand their absurdity. During a long time I felt I had absolutely no freewill in these dreams, I was just being pushed, now I'm starting to be able to make choices in them, in particular I refuse to enter silly games, but new absurd games keep on appearing and I don't really seem to be able to escape. As if I'm trapped in someone else's universe.

- Dreams which are helping me to understand/integrate concepts I have read / thought about recently. In the last few dreams of this kind I had, I noticed I wasn't really part of the dream, just an observer watching some kind of movie or playing a video game. Some dreams like this are really intense in new understandings. Breathe-taking. I remember at best a few elements of what I understood, but I don't think it matters so much if some things are lost, they help mostly on an unconscious level (ie. my unconscious understands better the depth of a particular idea)

The first type of dreams seem directed by negative forces and the second by positive ones. The first types, although unpleasant, push me to wake up in a way, to stop taking part to stupid games in so-called "waking" life. The other ones help to understand things without having to go through situations in real life. As if it accelerated my evolution. The first type of dreams are totally absurd and the second type totally meaningful.

I already read about the first type of dreams but never heard of anyone who had dreams like the second type? And I have them all the time. Sometimes they are so strong I feel I haven't slept at all (yet when this happens I feel highly energized in the morning). Any thoughts? How do you see dreams in regards to the Matrix Control System and the overal metaphysical reality?

Re: Dreams

I posted on the prior NobleRealms board a link to a dreaming symbols guide which I think is very good.

You might want to take a look at it and decide for yourself which parts of the guide work for you.

It is part of the Castenada/Don Juan/Toltec tradition.

www.toltec-foundation.org

The download in on the right hand side of the home page, dreaming symbols guide.

Christine

Maybe the first type of dream isn't from negative forces at all but from somewhere within yourself? Maybe your subconscious/soul is trying to tell you to get over these fears and insecurities and that's why they are being increased in your dreams. Just a possibility.

4 (edited by Auendove 2004-04-23 07:52:40)

ermolai wrote:

I already read about the first type of dreams but never heard of anyone who had dreams like the second type?

Finally!  Finally I get to converse with another about these "dreams" you post about, though I more so understand them as "interactions" rather than dreams, or even OBE's, because they are unique in almost everyway. 

When I read what you write here I knew exactly the energy behind your words, it's an unmistakeable penchant of the awareness one wakes up to after these interactions begin--

Some dreams like this are really intense in new understandings. Breathe-taking. I remember at best a few elements of what I understood, but I don't think it matters so much if some things are lost, they help mostly on an unconscious level (ie. my unconscious understands better the depth of a particular idea)

Until you wrote this here I had not found one other person that understood this, nor could relate to the interactions I was trying to explain to them. 

These types of interactions have been occurring for me for about 2.5 years and through time have been... progressive, for lack of a better word. 

At the onset the interactions mostly invoved some kind of testing in a classroom type of environment, though all I remember, barely, is what happened after the tests while talking to others outside of the classroom.  I haven't a clue one what myself and others were being tested on. One time one of these tests took place on a "luxury liner," a huge ship, this giving me pause for thought more than once. 

I remember clearly during these interactions that I felt like "What in the heck am I doing here? How'd I get here?" and I had a way puzzled look on my face, it's comical to think about this "look" now, it was truly an "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" thing, though I didn't feel like I was getting slimed or negatively attacked (for having dealt with abduction issues I know what that funk is all about, and this is nothing like that).  And outside of feeling perplexed there was nothing negative about what was happening, in fact I would often be accepting kudos for how well I was doing, and I had the feeling I had been trying to do well, though I don't remember how I tried.  Somehow I knew it was important, even though I could barely remember, like you, the "elements."

And then early last year they changed or progressed.  I began being in "situations" with others that seemed to exersize all that that we had been tested about.  Boy oh boy, is this hard to explain, because it wasn't like a "challenge" per se, like we're tested in life, it was like there were "choices" to be made, no choice was right or wrong, but our reactions in the situations did say something about how we will have ourselves to be, almost like we were self-designing without knowing we were doing so.  The intention for self-realization, from whatever source it's coming from, was buried so deeply in the "situation" one couldn't know the outcome, or even that there was to be an outcome.  The only reason I believe there was to be an outcome, what I've just written I don't know how to believe roll, is what followed in the next step. Jeez, I don't mean to be talking out of both sides of my mouth, but it's just that hard to explain.

About five months ago the interactions changed/progressed again.  I became an instructor, as best as I can tell.  Don't ask me what I was teaching, because I don't remember, just like not being sure about the elements of what I had been learning.  At one point I became really frustrated for having not been able to remember these things that were so prevalent in my consciousness in one "reality," but not in this one.  Since I had before taught myself to "wake myself up" in bad dreams and take charge of the runaway emotions and situations I figured I would try it with this.  I had kinda tried to apply this method before, but I guess I wasn't trying hard enough... or maybe I just wasn't ready to retain it.

The last time, maybe two or three months ago, I had one of these interactions I was demonstrating a technique, and after the demonstration I was able to draw myself, consciously, to the thought that I had to remember what I was doing, that I must remember this.  I was so enforcing this in my thinking processes that I woke up muttering, "I've got to remember this."  And I did. 

Aside of the "what" I was demonstrating, which is a whole other "thread to weave," I was amazed by what I came away with for remembering... there was such an "aura" about that person I was in that interaction, I was confident and competent in my being to the likes of which I have no way of comprehending those things as I sit here now. And this isn't me saying I think I'm lacking confidence or am incompetent as I sit here, quite the opposite smile, it relates the depth of how profound those feelings can be when they are inherent... vs. "adopted," or worn like an image.

Does any of this ring a bell for you ermolai?  After asking others, to little avail, whether or not they were experiencing any of this, with a few remembering some testing, I began to think maybe it was some kind of personal journey... but I'll tell ya, it sure doesn't feel like it's all about me and personal growth.  I strongly sense this is much more of a collective effort and purposeful well beyond my 'lil nitch in the Universal scheme of things.

It's funny though, I never thought of this, what you write in this way-- 

How do you see dreams in regards to the Matrix Control System... ?

ermolai, I sometimes intuit/receive "messages" from somewhere outside of my 3D sphere of thinking, sometimes I feel comfortable enough to share them, other times I worry about being judged because, as some may say, "It's just not normal."  Here, I'm comfortable sharing, I hope you are also.  I'm "thinking" that the person I am in the other awareness/reality will have us know in answer to your above question, "It's business as usual here dearie... 'somewhere over the rainbow'."  Cute... and only minorly cyrptic, for a change.

Maybe the "rainbow" is the Matrix, and there is a tangible reality "outside of the box," a place we go to when we are at rest and can disembody. Maybe this is where it's impressed upon us that we even have an ability to "wake up" and recognize the choice to exersize our freewill, even while caged in a matrix... but it's up to us to "push the envelope," to do the work.  And given how many people seem to be "waking up" these days, and this is just one plane of reality, I can see how it would be "business as usual here dearie..."

What do you think?  Anybody else have any thoughts?

--V

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
------
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
------
If you spin around on your chair really fast, things around here will make a lot more sense.

lol

I highly recommend this dream symbols interpretation site:

www.dreammoods.com

Anybody I've recommended it to has loved it.  It's one of the most comprehensive and accurate dream dictionaries I've seen, has more symbols then any I've ever used.  Enjoy..........

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

6 (edited by ermolai 2004-04-23 09:09:52)

Wow Auendove, what a great relief to know someone who shares similar experiences! :) I tried to explain it to others but no one had a clue of what I was talking about and I felt ridiculous due to the fact I didn't remember most of what I had learnt.

While most of these dreams have been putting me in situations to make me understand a particular truth (or making me watch movies / play games), more and more I've got this kind of testing setting you're talking about, I don't remember something like a classroom in particular but there was for sure some kind of "teacher" mentoring me (in a very compassionate and respectful way). I don't clearly remember other "pupils" but this is possible.

I began being in "situations" with others that seemed to exersize all that that we had been tested about.  Boy oh boy, is this hard to explain, because it wasn't like a "challenge" per se, like we're tested in life, it was like there were "choices" to be made, no choice was right or wrong

I never thought about it like this, but it's true I never "failed" any of these "tests". However it felt like decisions which would affect all of my life (as you say, a feeling that this is *VERY* important), and when I finally took them, I felt a great relief. Exctasy, energy rising to a new level.

The intention for self-realization, from whatever source it's coming from, was buried so deeply in the "situation" one couldn't know the outcome, or even that there was to be an outcome.

Do you mean that you had no idea where you were going / what you were learning until the end? Did it have an end?

I was confident and competent in my being to the likes of which I have no way of comprehending those things as I sit here now.

Totally. A great clarity, focus and confidence in what had to be done, in the overall truth. As if the whole insecurities of the ego and illusions of the Matrix were gone...? I wish my "waking reality" was that clear :/

Hmm...

I thought these "dreams" were just a way to integrate lessons more deeply and accelerate personal evolution but the idea of "classrooms" is changing the perspective quite a lot. Like I said I don't clearly remember other "students", but it makes no doubt there was "mentors" assisting me in recent dreams... (maybe you? ;)) Is that a way for the positive forces to help us? To counterbalance the abductions?

Do you feel these dreams help us in an unconscious/subtle/soul level of "waking reality" or do you think they have another purpose?

And BTW seeker:

Maybe the first type of dream isn't from negative forces at all but from somewhere within yourself? Maybe your subconscious/soul is trying to tell you to get over these fears and insecurities and that's why they are being increased in your dreams. Just a possibility.

It doesn't feel like it. First I'm well aware of these fears and don't really need constant reminders, and second these dreams do not try to wake me up, they play on my emotions endlessly as if trying to milk me from my energy. This is a *very* clear impression I have. I can use these situations to wake up, but it's my choice, the intention behind whoever sets these situations is not to wake me up. These dreams feel just the opposite from the other ones mentionned above. Anyway it's up to me to protect me and get over my fears.

7 (edited by Auendove 2004-04-24 05:29:04)

ermolai,

As I'm running short on time here, I can only touch on one thing in your post, just for now.  I fully intend to get back with you when things settle down, probably tomorrow morning.  I have to tell you, I feel very "satisfied" I finally have someone to converse with about this, but I'm also excited!  I did want to try and answer this for now--

ermolai wrote:

Do you mean that you had no idea where you were going / what you were learning until the end?

BAH!  This is complicated, but I'm going to try--The first few times I was finding myself in these unique situations, that weren't like dreams or OBE's, I didn't remember when I woke up that I had "dreamt" as such (well, that's a fly in the ointment isn't it?).  It was after this happened a few times that during the "interaction" itself I began to remember and think, "Oh, something like this happened before. This has to do with those test's."  And then I would go back to doing whatever it was that I was doing, as if that lucid thought was inconsequential.  Eventually I started waking up after it happened thinking how ridiculously hard it was to remember what had just been so real happening... there were images and interactions that were hard to grasp and retain, as if they were made of a substance like sand that slips through ones hands, like I "couldn't carry it home" in my "consciousness backpack" because it didn't fit. 

In retrospect, I didn't realize what the test's were for until I began the "situational" mode of the interactions, and likewise, I didn't realize I was "self-designing" through how I interacted with others in particular situations until I began the instructor/demonstrator mode of the interactions. And even though I'll stress here that I'm expressing "knowings" (as best as I can) that are spawned of 3D thinking about something that has not much to do with 3D Land or thinking, I'll wager my life...that's right, my life... on there being a whole Universal "load" of awareness building going on "out there."  That's how sure I feel about this.

I do remember what one of the situations was though, there were a bunch of people in a line passing items from one to another, exactly like when folks will pass buckets of water from a lake to a building about ready to burn down.  I did remember and retain that image and interacting, but there's not an emotion one attached to remembering this, whereas in the here and now one would feel something about saving a burning building.  This example is what I mean by "situational."

As for "the end" you speak of, I've got to save this for later.

Until later--

V

PS--I'm sorry I just realized I had spelled your name incorrectly, I changed it to the correct spelling.

------
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
------
If you spin around on your chair really fast, things around here will make a lot more sense.

lol

8 (edited by Auendove 2004-04-25 08:49:57)

ermolai wrote:

While most of these dreams have been putting me in situations to make me understand a particular truth (or making me watch movies / play games), more and more I've got this kind of testing setting you're talking about, I don't remember something like a classroom in particular but there was for sure some kind of "teacher" mentoring me (in a very compassionate and respectful way). I don't clearly remember other "pupils" but this is possible.

Well, as I said, I didn't and don't remember being in a classroom, it's what came after the supposed classroom that led me to believe there was indeed testing just have taken place.  I did remember from one of the first testing "dreams" that I had papers and a pencil in my hand, and the others that were outside with me came over to me and asked me, "How did you know to answer that question like that?"  This making me retrospectively think, then and now, there was some kind of oral questioning/testing taking place. As I was sitting there in a "stupor," trying to orient myself (that "How'd I get here? thing), it seemed and seems odd to me that for all appearances, should anybody have asked me a question like that?  I looked really perplexed, I certainly did not look like a vessel of knowledge roll. I don't remember what I answered, or if I even did have an answer for that matter.  After having a few of the testing interactions it became clear that this was indeed what was happening, even if I couldn't remember a classroom. Clearly, that information is not for public perusal, otherwise we'd remember everything.

Actually, I do remember sitting in front of monitors viewing "stuff," but this was probably nine or ten years ago.  One time I was in a huge room, like an auditorium, viewing something on a monitor and there were literally hundreds of others milling around and viewing monitors.  I have talked to quite a few people who have experienced this monitor viewing, exactly as you've described.

As for your only remembering a mentor, and my only remembering others who were "in the same boat" as I... go figure.  No matter whom was around me I never felt even a snafu of anything but cooperation from others.

ermolai wrote:

Totally. A great clarity, focus and confidence in what had to be done, in the overall truth. As if the whole insecurities of the ego and illusions of the Matrix were gone...? I wish my "waking reality" was that clear hmm

Even though you haven't asked a question here I've just got to comment, and I'm sitting here just 'a gigglin' (or at least I was the first time I wrote this post... Snicker! Snort! smile).  A knee-jerk reaction to this would be, "Wish in one hand, :x in the other....," I'm sure you know the rest, but that alone would not be an awareness-friendly response, especially since you didn't ask. 

ermolai, if this is what you really want compadre, make it so! But aren't you already "fairly" aware? 

Astrologically speaking, my chart indicates that I have a strong proclivity to intuitiveness because I was born on a date and at a time that makes me a quadruple Scorpio with a Pisces moon, among other factors.  Yet, if it weren't for stretching myself to the nth degree, and pushing real hard to understand what I didn't know how to understand, I don't think the awareness of my reality would be as clear as you think it is... and thank you for your supportive and kind words here, I do appreciate this.

Though I've also wish-crafted up one side of a day and then back down another about gaining awareness, and with a proclivity for intuition or not, my "drive" to be "more than this" was what made my awareness what it is today, it didn't just drop into my lap... and don't let my assured words parlay you falsely, I no doubt have the greatest part of awareness, in its full nature, to learn of.  I'm sorry, I'm kind of a "stinker" about awareness, I feel very protective of it, like it's a scarce resource.  For me there is not one other commodity on the planet that is more precious, no matter what we're told we're to hold dear by whatever infrastructure functions to do so.  They can keep their "mother lode" of gold, I'd rather have just one ounce of awareness any day.  Sure, a pot a gold would make survival much less complicated, but it's awareness that makes us to thrive. wink

I happened to see a clip of Drew Barrymore on The David Letterman Show, and I don't know if this is her own pearl of wisdom, or if she adopted it, but the words she spoke were liberating--

"Expectation is the mother of deformity."

I also want to add here, at least a little bit on the lighter side, but not much.  My tongue is buried deeply in my cheek and I've got a big ole grin on my face when I write this--

"Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it." 

Awareness "wranglin'," in the 3D landscape, is a sharp pointed and two-edged sword to "ride."  I've had to thrash through the thicket that is the "trees" before I ever even caught a glimmer of a realization that there is indeed a "forest," and that it's nothing like the trees.  There have been some really hard times, rough and tumble moments and days, the thicket all around me so dense I was completely in the dark... and I experienced King Kong sized growing pains, if you will.  There have been times I have shaken like a rippin' earthquake in the wake of growth, pleading for it to stop because in so many ways it hurt so damn much, and could be so freakin' frightening.... but, alas, I asked for it and I got it, with all of its unglamouressness and consequences, as well its moments of beauty.  I write all this not because I think you don't already know this, and really don't know if you do, but just in case you don't, I'm thinking you really would want to know... take into account this as you wish to have a clear "waking reality" (to be forewarned is to be forearmed)--

Even if it was really, really, really wanted, like one thought their very sanity depended on it, there's rarely, maybe never, the opportunity for anyone of us who do wake up, like, all the way, to just go back to "sleep" because we're sick and tired of and with it, because we've found it isn't as much fun as we thought it would be. The desire for awareness, once called for and answered, seems to be immutable in and of itself... we just be-come people who make it through the "trees," or people who eventually end up stricken with emotional disabilities, out of breath, and can no longer continue the journey to the "forest," at least for the time being.  Shazaam!  I've gasped for breath more than once myself.

I feel like I need to add the obligatory disclaimer here:  But, then again, this is just my opinion. My two cents worth... maybe a nickels worth, huh?.

Ha! I bet if you would've known you were going to get something resembling a lecture, though it really wasn't meant that way, you wouldn't have made that wish written in black and white!  I hope no offense is taken here as you didn't ask for my input.

ermolai wrote:

I thought these "dreams" were just a way to integrate lessons more deeply and accelerate personal evolution but the idea of "classrooms" is changing the perspective quite a lot.

Maybe they are just thus, I'm trying to figure it out also, and have been for 2.5 years!  I've only, until now, not had someone else to discuss this with.

ermolai wrote:

Like I said I don't clearly remember other "students", but it makes no doubt there was "mentors" assisting me in recent dreams... (maybe you? wink)

How did I know you were going to say this?  HA! I have to tell you, from where I sit here, it's you who is the teacher.  I don't know that I ever would've made a post as you did, even given how I've searched around for someone who understands about the "interactions," the thought may never have crossed my mind to do so here.  Because you've done so, a whole new avenue has opened for me and its required me to be thoughtful, and I have you to thank for the opening and opportunity to exercise my mind, body, and spirit, my awareness. 

I'm going to share something of myself here that is very personal, even sacred.  I suppose I'm a little concerned about doing so, because it's pretty "woo-woo," but why clam up now, eh? 

Last year, during the summer, my spiritual/energetic Master teacher and guide, a Near Easterner, and a big fan of Buddha I might add, integrated with me (actually, all together I've experienced four integrations/mergings in the last year. It's been one heck of a year!)  When he integrated with me I was filled with a knowing of what real, or more real, unconditional love is, and for the most part it's not like what "New Agers" think it is.  Unconditional love is not frivolous, it doesn't waste energy. I would not be one to join a "prayer group" praying that Bush gains some enlightenment, working a force against his nature because I don't like him and what he stands for, and then call it an act of "unconditional love," because the truth is it's really manipulation.  It has nothing to do with STO sharing from the heart center, the healing center.

The last words the Master "said" to me before he integrated were--

"Please, you must share, it's what humans don't share that keeps them divisible."

Sheesh!  I still get choked up to think of what he said.  Thanks to you I've learned how I'm a little less "divided" today, forever a little more indivisible... and in my book that would be mentoring for sure.

ermolai wrote:

Is that a way for the positive forces to help us? To counterbalance the abductions?

Honestly, I don't feel qualified to answer this question the way it's posed... maybe it's both, eh?  Positive (STO) and negative (STS) as interceding forces even though polarized, eh?  Given that if this is a whole or "Oneness," collective process rather than an "one or the other" dualistic process, what seems to really matter, at least for me, is whether or not the interaction is "appropriate."  It's taken a concerted effort from and on my behalf over the span of my lifetime/s to know just what is appropriate, and it very well may be I've still the greater part of this to learn. I think whether we're having dreams, or OBE's, or what I've called "interactions," there's always some other reason for such to be so... and could I be anymore noncommittal here?  I hope so.  Somewhere along my soul, or energetic, evolutionary pathway I was "hard pressed," or heavily "impressed" with the idea that I had to "think" as I never had before, in more ways other than what we are "told" we may think "inside the box," that without this skill I would be forever caged/unchanged.  I was impressed urgently with the idea that the "status quo" way of living was really no way to make a "life," or was in so very few ways going to empower me to "blow this Popsicle stand."  I had to align myself, through choice, to the idea that "anything is possible" just to balance out what I desired to know of awareness... all of it, against the odds, and from there I've learned to discern what is appropriate based on all those experiences that bring me to this very one moment.

Now, for "the end."  I saved this for last for a reason... DOH!, besides the obvious reason.  For this moment, for everything I have gathered up in my "consciousness backpack" I feel compelled to always ask only two questions of any and all interactions.  The first is--

Who is served? 

For me it just about doesn't matter anymore who is doing the "serving" as long as the end result is a "service to all"... the rest of "them," those serving the self, I "see" how they are "spinning their own wheels" without "greasing up," and I do believe sooner or later there will be a "seizing" of their own action.  Period.  Not to long ago I would've "choked" on those words and my next question--how else have I had to learn to "see the forest for the trees," or to get somewhere beyond "the rainbow," or to rattle the Matrix cage like a genetic animal with a consciousness proclivity to grow in all directions, if it were not for the divergence of experiences that weave the fabric of life as we know it?  Even given how it has irked me to no end that I have been abducted multiple times, and that I was a helpless child when most of it happened, I'm not in a position to "Judge" what is right or wrong, my judgment will serve no greater purpose, it won't engender a "sea" change at any energetic level.  I can only discern, at my inherent best, whether or not I want to have something to do with the "matter" at hand.

It is my second query that has been my bane.

To what end is this? 

When I finished my first post to you I sat for a moment and volleyed with my "consciousness"... to what end is this?  To what end is awareness?  Is there a quota of experiences and a quantifiable level of energy that is required to bring about an end, or more pointedly, a complete and total shift of consciousness, physicality and all?  A question I've asked again, and again, and then again... to what end is this?  You know what I've "gotten back" for my howlin' questioning through the years?  "You'll see"... that was yesterdays "answer."  I've also heard, "Up to you" and "You'll have to wait and see" "It would be a violation of Freewill to tell you this" "Please let go of it!" roll

When I read your words here I had a "light bulb" moment--

emorlai wrote:

Do you mean that you had no idea where you were going / what you were learning until the end?

I quickly reacted, "Oh, there is no end to it ermolai..."  I stopped dead in my tracks, I virtually jumped for joy. "To what end is this?" is immaterial, because there just isn't an end.  Sigh!  Well that's a load off, I won't be torturing myself with that inane question again! big_smile big_smile big_smile

As you can see this post has been somewhat of a journey for me, I ended up writing more than what I had lost when my computer went down.

I guess I'll put on some Pink Floyd and cook some breakfast now.  Life goes on, no matter where our heads are at.

Any thoughts?  smile Snicker! Snicker! Snort! Snort! and one Chuckle! for good measure. wink

--V

------
------

lol

Auendove, thanks for the extensive message, I'll comment on it sooner or later. smile These days I spend half of my time writing so I'm a bit burned out at the moment.

ermolai--

Point to point comments--

No problemo amigo, it was my pleasure to become somewhat more organized on the subject matter. wink

Comments are not required, though excepted.  Forget about it if you want or don't have time to comment.

Yes, I'm only smoldering myself this afternoon. sad  Ce la vie, eh?

Chow!

V

"The Earth is the insane asylum of the Universe." big_smile

------
------

lol

Just a quick post before I forget it... I am currently in Buenos Aries Argentina on a quick little vacation, I was jet lagged and took a nap. I just awaoke from one of the most disturbing dreams I have had in a while.

(disclaimer; yes I am into all things conspiracy and have been for the better half of my life - but i rarely dream about conspiracy/weird stuff that makes me uncomfortable.)

I awoke about an hour ago from a dream where I was driving my tyical daily commute between San Francisco and San Jose - on 280 its about a 45 minute drive. While I was driving south to San Jose, I noticed US war planes flying along and taking out every bridge and overpass on the route.

Some cars were getting hit by the bombing - or driving off the now gaps in the freeway.

I called my wife in freaked amazment to see if she had heard anything that was going on - I also was on the phone with my friend to see if he could find anything online about the bombings.

Then I came to a bridge/overpass that I needed to cross - I saw a plane bearing down upon it and I sped  up to try to hurry across it. The plane dropped a bomb which hit the middle of the overpass just as I passed center - the explosion sent my vehicle flipping over the edge, rolling along the pavement. I remained conscious and on the phone with my wife through the whole ensuing crash. Another driver rushed over to me and helped me out of the car before it would get worse.

Bloodied, we got in his vehicle and began to drive away - avoiding both bombs and being shot at.

The planes were not bombing or shooting at cars directly - only at the infrastructure of the freeway. cars were only hit if they tried to go over the bridges and overpasses.

Then I woke up as the new vehicle i was in attempted to cross another bridge under heavy fire from some gunship.....

It was a very disturbing dream....

"It's hard to advance freedom in a country that has been strangled by tyranny." - G.W. Bush 04/13/2004

From my favorite dream interpretation website, www.dreammoods.com:
-----

Bridge

To dream that you are crossing a bridge, signifies an important decision or a critical junction in your life. This decision will prove to be a positive change with prosperity and wealth in the horizon. Bridges represent a transitional period in your life where you will be moving on to a new stage.

To dream of a run-down bridge, indicates that you should not contemplate any major changes in your life at this time.

To see a bridge collapse in your dream, denotes that you have let a great opportunity pass you by.
-----

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

13 (edited by Auendove 2004-04-30 16:20:23)

phlux wrote:

disclaimer; yes I am into all things conspiracy and have been for the better half of my life - but i rarely dream about conspiracy/weird stuff that makes me uncomfortable.

When I was a kid (4-6ish) I had a recurring dream of being in a metropolis downtown area with tall buildings, many cars and people on the street, and there were spaceships bombing us. There were people running everywhere screaming and dying, infrastructure being blown apart, it was total chaos and destruction.  I always found some place to hide underneath or behind a car, and then I would wake up. I've talked to 3 other people who had the same exact dream as children, save for one woman who experienced the bombers as helicopters rather than spaceships and she hid herself in bushes.

I think it's no assumption to say that at that young of an age and in the early 60's we weren't exposed to too many conspiracy theories.  Maybe your dream had not one thing, or very little, to do with how you interact with conspiracy theories in your conscious hours.  Maybe you were tapping into the collective unconscious at a time when there is an elevated restlessness and a pretty profound level of fear... do you have any strong recognition that this was a prophetic dream?  Maybe you find it's more readily deciphered through Lyra's notes on interpreting bridges in dreams.

I spoke to one of these 3 other people on 9/11, we were both as alarmed by the stark similarities between the dreams and what was happening on the streets of NYC following the initial crashes into the Towers as we were by the act of violence it was in itself.

A curious question--

How long was your nap?

--V

------
------

lol