Topic: Scary dreams as children

When I was a kid I had terrible nightmares.. then awaken and lay there frozen in fear cause the monsters would get me if I made any noise.  Enough fear that I would often have to throw up after I finally made a dash to my parents room or got brave and screamed for Mom. Must have been really fun for my parents.

Now I've always thought that was just normally child growing up issues, however now I'm starting to wonder. I had a nice normal nurturing luck childhood with good parents..so.. is this:

1 memories of previous lives.. reliving stuff

2. real nasty creatures in the night.. as in negs or aliens

3. growing up normal childish fears

Oddly I'd forgotten most of this but I can still taste the level of fear and it seems very high..
course that would just be my vivid imagination too.:P

Do any of you remember similar stages being a child ?

In search of...

Re: Scary dreams as children

Vampire movies made me develope the habit of pulling the blanket up high enough to cover my neck.  I still do that. hmmm.

I was never alone, being in a big family.  I had to share a room with my older brother.  You feel safe when you're with a brother whose only rivals in school were guys who have flunked a few grades.  I always got into fights because I looked very beatable.  My brother got into gang fights and was usually the one doing most of the fighting.  Once I was slouched on the couch in the living room when I was a teenager and semi-asleep, more awake than asleep.  It was more like I was just being vacant.  A face of a female that appeared so old looking that there was no way she was a living person, appeared in my mind facing me.  I never let myself go into that state again. 

Its probably part of why I've always been a psychic mess.  I shut off an aspect of myself.  My mind is always occupied with anything.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

3 (edited by Jedi 2008-01-15 01:08:55)

I say negative entities (this being a broad label).  As a child I had more awareness.  During the day I was greeted with positive entities which became known to my family as my imaginary friends.  At night I had to live in fear with the darkness and would be visited by negative entities while awake and asleep.  I'd like to also say I had a wonderful childhood (with exception to the negative night encounters) and have had the gift of extremely loving and giving parents.   

I still experience very infrequently negative dream encounters and even upon waking I have the strongest feeling if I get off the bed that hands of negative entities underneath the bed will try to grab my legs.  A common theme in these dreams since childhood has been being in the dark and trying to find a light.  In many of these dreams and also the big tip off that I am dreaming is trying multiple lights and light switches to no avail.  One time in my dream it came to me that -I- Am the Light.  On the occasions this realization happened I would be filled with love and it would either end the dream or send off the entity(ies) and become a better dream.

I would like to know why I and others had those experiences at night as a child.  I can only venture a couple guesses:  perhaps because children have greater awareness this makes them an easy target to induce great reactions of fear and loosh inducing emotions for the negative entities to feed on and/or perhaps some children may be born with a noticeable degree of light and these entities would perhaps bid to own it or snuff it out.

As a child I was full of fear and had many terrifying dreams.  This may have been due in part to insecurities of having an abusive mother.  I don't have bad dreams now nor do I have any fear.  It may be nothing, but I did read somewhere last year that the place I lived was built on native burial ground.  I've tried to find out about that; haven't found any info.

I had bad dreams when I was young, in fact I had to see a child therapist for it. And I was so afraid of being alone at night that I refused to go to sleep unless one of my parents was in the room with me. It's funny that you should start a thread on it now because I only just remembered this stuff recently and wondered if it meant anything.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Soloflecks wrote:

As a child I was full of fear and had many terrifying dreams.  This may have been due in part to insecurities of having an abusive mother.  I don't have bad dreams now nor do I have any fear.  It may be nothing, but I did read somewhere last year that the place I lived was built on native burial ground.  I've tried to find out about that; haven't found any info.

Read up on the anmityville horror, more importantly what the psychics and mediums who investigated the area say.

Daisy wrote:

It's funny that you should start a thread on it now because I only just remembered this stuff recently and wondered if it meant anything.

Same for me. I smell synchronicity.

When I was little, I used to sleep walk A LOT and be afraid of the dark. I also had conversations and shouted in my sleep, but I don't remember any of the actual dreams apart from being eaten by the T-Rex on level 3 of the first Tomb Raider game big_smile. I know this because my parents told me this. One time when I was staying in a Travellodge (a common road side hotel in Britain) with my mother and brother and I started yelling "DON'T LET SKEETER IN!". I have done this I think (I'll have to check, i might have created this memory for some reason) more than once.

Skeeter can go screw himself if hes a neg and not just a part of my mind. I'll be damned if hes having anymore of my energy.

I had a bad dream two nights ago actually, I was walking down the corridor of my Uni hall of residence, and a very mangled up version of batman, who was predominantly blue in colour, spun at from one of the doorwars off the side of the corridor and stood there staring at me. I was so shocked I woke up straight away.

Its funny though, cos certain dreams, like you said

Antaeus wrote:

A face of a female that appeared so old looking that there was no way she was a living person, appeared in my mind facing me.  I never let myself go into that state again.

can be reoccuring, and also happen the different people. Check out Carl Jung's dream archetypes. You see the same characters reappearing.

http://paranormal.about.com/library/wee … 12000a.htm

Because that is a historical thing, I'm willing to be its more than just a bodily reaction or creation of a person's brain. 'Scientists' are just scared to say the 'A' word or the 'G' word because its not 'rational'. Neither is capitalism, but they gladly take part in that.

"I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, and following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been."

Its probably part of why I've always been a psychic mess.  I shut off an aspect of myself.  My mind is always occupied with anything.

Fear... of being crazy or taken over or people knowing too much...I think also many of us may be afraid of.

So many odd things that happen to you .. sometimes the nicest things people can come up with(when we tell them) is gosh you have a great imagination. Learning to trust your self is difficult.

It's funny that you should start a thread on it now because I only just remembered this stuff recently and wondered if it meant anything.
It is strange.. I've been working on awareness. Where do certain emotionally reactions come from and what buttons are being pushed. The old scary dreams popped in as something to consider when I was contemplating the blocking I do sometimes.

I would like to know why I and others had those experiences at night as a child.  I can only venture a couple guesses:  perhaps because children have greater awareness this makes them an easy target to induce great reactions of fear and loosh inducing emotions for the negative entities to feed on and/or perhaps some children may be born with a noticeable degree of light and these entities would perhaps bid to own it or snuff it out.

I'm starting to lean that way too.

In search of...

argh..

quote impaired above.

In search of...

I remember one particularly horrible dream I had as a child. I was in a dark pine forest walking along a dirt path. It was twilight. Suddenly I saw this horrible old man chasing me. He was very pale, he was dressed in all-white robes and had glowing red eyes. So I ran, but he didn't need to run he just hovered over the ground gaining on me. I woke up screaming. When I woke up I had forgotten I had fallen asleep in the lounge-room and thus it was pitch-black. I still thought I was in the forest and continued screaming, it woke my Mother up and she turned on the light instantly banishing those thoughts of still being stuck in that dreadful forest.

I also used to have lots of dreams about vampires as a child. They were often chasing my family or me. In my waking life I was never scared of vampires, but in my dreams I was oddly dead scared of them.

Yes, I understand it all.

Now that we know this, let's move on.

Does that sound like a deliciously good idea or what?

11 (edited by tengberg 2008-01-21 13:25:24)

one of the worst dreams i had, altho it doesn't seem so bad now, is one where i am in this enormous dark room.  i mean huge.  maybe i was just outside, in the open space, but it "felt" like i was in a room.  like there were walls and a ceiling but very far up and to the sides.
it was a really big room. 
or it could have been the void.
anyway, it was vast.

in the dream, i was carrying numbers and letters; they were tangible things, like moving boxes from one side of a room or another.  but they weren't solid like matter.  not like plaster or ceramic or plastic...just, "numbers" and "letters". 
and i "had" to carry them from one side of this room to the other.  i don't remember any one else being there, except i may have been riding piggy-back on some one...it's been so long now i can't recall, i must have like 5 or 6 (i'm 32 now).
so i'm moving these letters and numbers back and forth and then finally i have enough and i shout out,
"I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE!". 

and it turns out i didn't just yell in the dream, because i woke my self up as i yelled.
and my parents confirmed it in the morning by asking me about what i was dreaming about cuz i was yelling in my sleep.
i still do that...yell in my sleep.  it bothers my wife sometimes.

it was so simple and it didn't seem to last all that long, but it was very intense.
and whenever i feel overwhelmed by whatever, i think of that strange dream.

The "what should be" never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no "what should be," there is only what is. 
-Lenny Bruce

Rhyotion wrote:

Yes, I understand it all.

Now that we know this, let's move on.

Does that sound like a deliciously good idea or what?

Nah! Let's just keep talking about all the horrible dreams we had as kids. It's FUN!

This is all quite timely since I'm currenty two-thirds of the way through reading Robert Bruce's Practical Psychic Self-Defense: Understanding and Surviving Unseen Influences. The book goes into detail on neg targeting of kids and how this is often attempted via nightmares. Fascinating and sometimes unnerving stuff, but a good source of info if you're interested in digging deeper on this subject.

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Psychic … amp;sr=8-2

'Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world' - T’ien Yiheng.

'You are here for no other purpose than to realise your inner divinity and manifest your innate enlightenment' - Morihei Ueshiba (Founder of Aikido).

I've been considering the dream symbolism and the idea of leaning from dreams. That took me to the dreams we have a little kids and the intensity of fear that many of us have felt. Often those dreams seem to be special- not the usual things we are afraid of nor what we fear as adults. Yep I know kids vs adult but ? still .. if it is a past life memory or negs or undeveloped brains -depending on who you ask I'm still surprised on the type of fear and the object..

Oh well constantly in search of yet and still.

I will check with Robert Bruce's Practical Psychic Self-Defense on this.. hadn't gotten there yet. Thank you

In search of...

The only scary dream that I remember as a child was where I was seated at an increeeeedibly long chess table with red and black squares.  The table went on endlessly, and there was a menacing figure on the other end who seemed to be incredibly sure of himself and his plans to win, so sure that I was scared to move my pieces, and he would just laugh maniacally.

Looking back, the funny thing is the entity is obviously faking it.  He has no chance. smile  Next time I have the dream I'm just going to toss the board off the table, disregard the rules of chess, put a whoopee cushion under his seat, paint the board white, who knows.  Should be fun!