Topic: Bunch of idiots!

If any more proof was ever needed to show just how completely out of touch Christians are with reality, then this is it.

http://www.bushcountry.org/news/oct_new … battle.htm

So a man who relishes bombing thousands of innocent men, women and children into oblivion has the moral highground does he?

Just what planet are these people living on?

Join me in Peru to celebrate December 21st 2012 - Visit: http://2012awakeningretreat.com/

Re: Bunch of idiots!

They're utterly insane. My mother is one of the types who falls for this stuff. She's voting for Bush because he's "against abortion". That makes him a paragon of morality in her eyes. Never mind the fact that executed retarded people as a governor in Texas, and even sarcastically mocked the clemency pleas of a woman (a professed Christian!) on death row. He's a sadistic demon. He used to stick firecrackers into the mouths of frogs and light them when he was a little kid. And Larry Flynt says he has evidence Bush knocked up a girlfriend and paid for her abortion.

Unfortunately, when you point out these things to one of these brainwashed Christians, they just purse their lips and shut you out, because they know it's the work of the devil to "sow doubt". They're so mixed up they don't know where their faith ends and their political indoctrination begins. They have all these buttons, and all you need to do as a politician is push the right ones and they'll eat out of your hand. That article is pure button-pushing propaganda.

But this is what happens when people don't take it upon themselves to investigate evil! They fail to recognize it when they see it. They even call it "good". Our Puritanical culture encourages us to be little Polyannas who don't "judge others" or find fault. That's why every serial killer is described as a "nice guy" by his neighbors. All you need to do to be thought of as a good and moral person in America is to present a few superficial signs that everybody recognizes, and you're in the "one of us" club.

--Justin

I think there are usually two groups of Christians out there - the true Christians, who actually practice the principles outlined by Jesus - and the ones mentioned here, who seem to have many hypocritical ideals.   I encountered both last year on a conspiracy / end times / prophesies messageboard I was a part of.   The ones yelling the loudest about how "Christian" they were also were the ones acting the least like a true Christian, treating other messageboard posters in disgusting ways.   They were also the ones advocating Bush for his anti-abortion stance, while failing to acknowledge the Iraqi cluster bombs killing hundreds of children.   When I tried to explain to them how that contradicts, a few of them went beserk, like robots who could not understand the message coming in because it wasn't in their programming.   Very crazy, nasty bunch.   They were more like masqueraders.  The true Christians on that messageboard were the opposite, you know, actually behaving the way one would envision a Christian to behave.  For me, the experience was a crash course in "Christianity" versus Christianity.   Like all groups, Christianity has been infiltrated by masqueraders who have corrupted it over the eons and who continue, in this day and age, to give it a bad name.   Probably because the true message of Jesus is a dangerous one indeed for the dark forces.   Gotta jump in there and corrupt it and send it awry.   

I usually try to make a distinction between those who are acting like insane hypocrites and those who are true Christians, since it's not fair to label them all across the board like that.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

lyra wrote:

I think there are usually two groups of Christians out there - the true Christians, who actually practice the principles outlined by Jesus - and the ones mentioned here, who seem to have many hypocritical ideals.

lyra wrote:

Like all groups, Christianity has been infiltrated by masqueraders who have corrupted it over the eons and who continue, in this day and age, to give it a bad name.   Probably because the true message of Jesus is a dangerous one indeed for the dark forces.   Gotta jump in there and corrupt it and send it awry.

Most definitely. The fake ones get my ire because they sour people on spirituality. People see their actions and steer clear of anything that looks like religiosity, thereby throwing the baby out with the bathwater. These fake Christians are essentially "rabid fans" of Christianity, not practitioners. Their loyalty is the same as a nationalist's or a soccer hooligan's--they were born into it or adopted it just to have an identity. Their desperate identifying makes them ripe for political manipulation.

I have love for those who speak the language of Christ and seek what he sought. I consider myself a friend of the Christ spirit, whether it's on the mystical level, the astrological level, or the humanistic level. When I bash Christians, it is only the statistical majority I'm talking about: the hypocrites.

--Justin

I totally agree.

lyra wrote:

I usually try to make a distinction between those who are acting like insane hypocrites and those who are true Christians, since it's not fair to label them all across the board like that.

That's very true actually. Although my parents are both Christians and I argue with them about it all the time, I have to acknowledge the fact they are intelligent true Christians. They certainly would never support anyone that promotes war. They are not creationists, or at least not in the sense they think the world was created in 7 days. And most importantly they don't try to impose their beliefs on other people or claim that their truth is the only truth.

So I guess some Christians are ok, they just seem to be in the minority from my experience with them.

Join me in Peru to celebrate December 21st 2012 - Visit: http://2012awakeningretreat.com/