Topic: Just in case you wonder why they're making us fat.....

http://www.adelphia.net/news/read.php?i … mp;lang=en

sorry, I don't know how to post the article itself so had to put link

Re: Just in case you wonder why they're making us fat.....

Good one, PJ.
Turns out that obese or overweight people cost the government less in
health care due to the shortened life span.  Healthy people live longer
and cost more in the long run.

Yeah, that makes sense.   I think the best way to save money would be to have a mandatory death-age at say, 50 or 55, at which all working-class humans are euthanized.    The hundreds of millions of dollars saved in medical costs would then be freed up for use in other vital areas, such as underground prison construction and training the police and military to work together more effectively in homegrown terrorism prevention.

It would also help the social security/ pension problem too.

Peace,
Teddy

"It means the Matrix can't tell you who you are" - Trinity

That is a bit of a surprise.  Maybe they'll start encouraging unhealthy practices, lol.

They already do, they got rid of P.E. from schools.

Peace,
Teddy

"It means the Matrix can't tell you who you are" - Trinity

7 (edited by matt_d82 2008-02-07 17:57:09)

Just in case you wonder why they're making us fat.....

Actually THEY aren't making us fat at all. The people who choose to eat rubbish three meals or more a day, day-after-day, and don't even consider exercise are the ones who are making themselves fat! Apart from a minority of people with health problems where obesity is an unfortunate outcome, everyone is fat because they choose to be, not because fast food companies hold guns to their heads, or of a big government cover up.

Last time I checked, parks are still open for people to run and walk through, gyms still exist, and there are plenty of sports that can be played not for competitiveness but for fun and to be active in. People aren't powerless, choice is still available.

Vincit omnia Veritas: Truth conquers all.

8 (edited by Pamelajean 2008-02-08 12:32:43)

There are also some contributing factors aside from fat people making wrong choices.  Like:  no minerals left in the soil to aid in physical health, no nutrients in the soil, pesticides in soil that make people sick, no nutrition (even in vegetables and fruit, hormones added to everything, hydrogenated oils in everything, antibiotics, and it goes on and on.  All of these factors throw off glandular performance and actually break down the metabolism.  And what about genetically mutated food (which all vegetables are now) or genetically "modified" food which the body does not even recognize as food.

I NEVER, EVER eat junk food (haven't even tasted it as it smells repulsive).  I eat between 1000 and 1200 calories a day.  I am moving all of the time.  I don't eat sugar, white flour or any of the other crap.   I'm vegetarian.  I drink green drinks made from spinach, parsley, broccoli, celery and such (although veggies don't have the nutritional value they are supposed to have).  And I am overweight. 

P.S. If you don't think the government is planning your destruction, you might consider a little more research.

matt_d82 wrote:

Just in case you wonder why they're making us fat.....

Actually THEY aren't making us fat at all. The people who choose to eat rubbish three meals or more a day, day-after-day, and don't even consider exercise are the ones who are making themselves fat! Apart from a minority of people with health problems where obesity is an unfortunate outcome, everyone is fat because they choose to be, not because fast food companies hold guns to their heads, or of a big government cover up.

Last time I checked, parks are still open for people to run and walk through, gyms still exist, and there are plenty of sports that can be played not for competitiveness but for fun and to be active in. People aren't powerless, choice is still available.

Fair comment, i think its a case of TPTB and greedy food corporations fooling me once then shame on them , For fooling me twice shame on me. It my responsibility to make sure i dont get fooled again.
There are many factors to consider though, how many Americans know that the bovine growth hormone in milk that is banned in the EU can cause obesity or even aspartame which is supposed to help with weight loss.
Advertisers know how to get people addicted to refinined carbs and chemical junk food. If people cant take self responsibility and think for themselves they will always be victims.
Has anyone else noticed the irony that its mostly skinny people who drink sugared drinks and its mostly fat people who consume drinks with aspartame  Should that not be the other way around smile

I think the worlds greatest addiction is TV followed by sugar and refined carbs.

Its not like we are fractions of the whole but rather versions of the whole.

10 (edited by Millenium 2008-02-08 16:53:19)

A team of metaphysical researchers announced today a discovery that may provide a quick, painless, unexpected cure for chronic obesity. The dramatic conclusions were made public following the completion of a three-year study focused on determining the weight of human souls.

http://www.avantnews.com/modules/news/a … toryid=340

"Thin is In but Fat's where it's At!"  my dad.

11 (edited by matt_d82 2008-02-08 19:45:14)

Pamelajean wrote:

I eat between 1000 and 1200 calories a day.  I am moving all of the time.

The example you used for the food you eat each day - and this isn't a shot at you individually Pamelajean, but more as a general comment which I've noticed quite often, is that people who are trying to lose weight go on a diet, and do only that. There is no consideration of exercise at all, just eat a certain amount of calories today and expect to be thin tomorrow. Moving around is one thing - but going for a ride on a mountain bike for an hour, or briskly walking a few miles to the shops and back each day, is another.

Pamelajean wrote:

P.S. If you don't think the government is planning your destruction, you might consider a little more research.

I'm well aware that plans exist which are detrimental to our well-being. But to suggest that this scenario exists and that we have no real choice about anything, that our ill-fated and overweight destiny lies ahead without any way around it, is a cop out.  If people are concerned and really don't want to eat the government controlled food supply hmm then they can always grow their own food, or move to a place where this is possible (India perhaps?).

Barefoot Doc wrote:

I think the worlds greatest addiction is TV followed by sugar and refined carbs.

I think computers/internet can be safely added to that list. Sitting in front of a screen all day and eating sugar is a bad combination.

Vincit omnia Veritas: Truth conquers all.

The consortium wins via ignorance. The next step if you are found to have gained knowledge that empowers you is to distort the information you are learning and proclaim or falsely 'prove' such knowledge false.

Empower yourself, be well.

Love is Knowledge is Light

One of the Most Ridiculous Studies on Weight Loss Ever Published 

A truly ludicrous study purports to show that a weight-loss surgery called adjustable gastric banding works better than conventional medical treatment for Type 2 diabetes in the obese.

Type 2 diabetes is usually brought on by obesity, and patients can often rid themselves of the disease entirely by losing about 10 percent of their body weight.

Adjustable gastric banding consists of looping a band around the top of the stomach to cinch it into a small pouch. 25 to 30 percent of the more than 200,000 weight-loss operations performed in the United States last year used gastric banding.

Of course, weight-loss surgeries can result in black-outs, malnutrition, infection, bowel and gallbladder problems, and an increased risk of death, but these facts are largely missing from reporting on the study.

The study’s lead author, Dr. John Dixon, says he believes that, “[D]iabetes surgery will become common within the next few years.” The reasons for his position might become a little clearer when you realize that Dr. Dixon has received research grants and speakers’ fees from Allergan Health, the company that makes the gastric bands. The company also paid for the study in question.

Sources:
New York Times January 23, 2008
Journal of the American Medical Association January 23, 2008; 299(3):316-23