Topic: Do you communicate with your pets?

Hi all, forgive me for sounding like a nutcase...

I have a cat, that I speak to telepathically, and I think we have some kind of channel happening.  That said, I don't think we have particularly meaningful conversations, but in a particular state, he transfers peace and shares his energy in a bigger way than usual.  And I pick up more clearly on what he wants, whether he's feeling frightened, thirsty, wants to be an alpha cat, affectionate etc.  It doesn't occur to me like regular communication, just a more honed version of what's already there, like his impulses and energy are amplified.

Anyways, I'd like to hear your experiences.

Re: Do you communicate with your pets?

Well I'm going to watch over 4 dogs and 2 cats today and tonight.  I feel that connecting with animals grounds us to Earth/Sophia.

"Beyond the stars a new world awaits me now" - Wintersun

I think communicating with animals is a very good thing to do. Human interaction with animals I think on some level allows the animal to begin to gain a higher understanding of the reality that it finds itself in. Interaction with animals allows that animal to evolve and the animals interaction with you in some ways probably enhances our way of evolution as well.  Its a beneficiary relationship indeed and I think if we have the ability to aid the animal on its own spiritual evolution it would be selfish of us to deny them that possibility.  just my two cents. smile

Cool! A telepathic communication with your pets... That'd be cool if I can do that with my fish... I had that idea of doing it last year, but the throat chakra of mine is usually an ignored chakra. I hate communicating through voice! ... Such a pain.

I think that having pets is an STS concept, but it "helps" increase their self-awareness. When I had only one fish as a pet, for a long time, he did not have a roommate. Then when I got one, it wasn't used to the new roommate, in fact, it was avoiding her!! His collective soul didn't collect very well, did he? Well now he's okay with the roommate and no longer so lonely... I know it's an STS concept, but where else would I leave my fish at? ...

I've had a few clearly empathic (and telepathic) moments with my cat.  I usually find it disturbing, or amusing. 

Disturbing because the quality of "thought" feels like -- how do I put this?-- molasses to my mind.  For one, his experience of time is radically different.  Also, I always feel the predatoriness of his mind when we connect.  He and I are very friendly, but sometimes I feel like he looks at me in the way a small, skinny mobster looks at his big, muscular mobster friend.

I'm also amused, and touched, by his ability to enjoy falling leaves or birds hopping in our courtyard.  And I'm amused by his sense of humor.  If a bird lands on our balcony, he'll sneak up to the glass door, wait, and then leap and bounce off the door to scare the hell out of the bird.  It's funny, but it's also sort of like a kid setting off firecrackers on a neighbor's porch.

My friends always comment on how "wild" my cat is for a two-and-a-half year old cat, too.  Since he was a kitten I've played with him like another cat would play.  So he regularly bites and uses his claws against anybody who tries to play with him.  He never bites hard and rarely breaks the skin, but most find it alarming.  I love it!  I love being able to play on the level he wants to play on.  That's how cats play!  I constantly have scratch marks but I love it!

A part of him I can't really penetrate, though, is his torturer-self.  Whenever I see him torturing a vole or a mouse, I don't get it, I'm not connected to him in those moments.  I can't understand what he gets out of it.  The whole inflicting a slow, agonizing death thing.    I watched him do it once for several minutes, although it made me queasy, and I still didn't get it.  He played with it even after it was dead -- and looked sort of disappointed when it was dead.

You can't change a tiger's stripes,
but you can avoid its teeth.

Just a thought, but you don't see a cat attack a tiger, wolf, moose, or similar, do you? It's always the smaller animals..

So don't rule out it simply has to do with feeling bigger, above, mightier than something. Which is probably an innate part of the predatory slash hunter consciousness, as well.

Spi wrote:

I think that having pets is an STS concept, but it "helps" increase their self-awareness

How is having a pet a STS concept when they are dependent on you to survive? You give them time, energy, spend money on them, and invest a lot of yourself into them so that they remain healthy and happy. I would have thought that qualifies as a STO concept....

Vincit omnia Veritas: Truth conquers all.

8 (edited by Auscastian 2008-02-07 19:02:18)

matt_d82 wrote:
Spi wrote:

I think that having pets is an STS concept, but it "helps" increase their self-awareness

How is having a pet a STS concept when they are dependent on you to survive? You give them time, energy, spend money on them, and invest a lot of yourself into them so that they remain healthy and happy. I would have thought that qualifies as a STO concept....

The term "pet" in my opinion dictates an STS concept.  Sure we give them time, energy, money etc. but some people treat animals very cruelly because they're nothing more than a "pet".  I mean where do we have a right to take an animal and make it our "own"?  Put a collar around it and box it in from the outside world? We don't sit down with our animals and make some sort of agreement that we shall now be their "owners" we just do it.  Animals aren't dependent on us completely in some ways maybe but they are self sufficient. 

Although when an animal and its "owner" interact with one another amazing things can begin to happen.  The animal may begin to take on human characteristics, and grow and develop toward a humanized awareness because of its interaction with us.

Very interesting indeed, I suppose it depends on your perception of the relationship between you and the animal and the animal towards you.

9 (edited by panda 2008-02-08 05:02:44)

I have heard that when a being becomes a 'pet', no matter how well it's cared for, that pet grows dependent on being fed etc, so much so that it stays in 'infant' mode.

If this is true, then it's fair to say that keeping a being in infant mode is denying them their full experience on earth.  Which seems pretty sts to me. 

That said, I love my boy, and as much as I care for him, I do wonder about the sort of man he would be if left to his own devices; If he grew up and lived as he was born, as a stray, he'd be dead by now (probably run over), but would have had a full, catty life, as brief and brutal as it was. 

On the other hand, if he grew up in an idealistic cat-society, without busy roads and other forms of human intervention, I'm sure he would find his place in the pecking order and survive and have had a full, catty life, as brief and brutal as it should have been.

Just my 2c.  I can't reconcile it.

Mourad al-Qatt:
http://www.geocities.com/leisuresuitlissy/mourad.jpg
and
http://www.geocities.com/leisuresuitlissy/mourad3.jpg
Such a lovely boy!

yes, i communicate with pets.

I might tend to agree that having pets, or forcing animals into labor, is an STS concept, but I also heard a Coast-To-Coast show recently on which the guest remembers his past life as a horse.  He was a work horse -- he pulled a wagon.  And Ian, the host, asked him about his feelings of being enslaved, but the guest surprised me by saying he really enjoyed being a work horse.  It gave him a sense of purpose and pride and, he said, it was a very agreeable and easy life.  His owners took terrific care of him and obviously loved him.

Of course if you believe the guest was a liar, then that's that.  If you have a chance to listen to the show, though, you should, it's very convincing.

You can't change a tiger's stripes,
but you can avoid its teeth.

I think my parents' cat Buster knows some kind of feline to human mindmeld technique.  I believe he does this somehow through the crown chakra tongue

[center]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8211/p1010007vc0.jpg[/center]

lewl

I am as is Void.

Oh my God, when I saw that photo I thought "What is my cat doing with Poffo?!?" She looks exactly like your parents' cat - same fur, same colouring. Mine's called Nanook, or Noo Noo. smile

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain