1 (edited by Kahnsentrayshun 2008-01-30 02:52:37)

Topic: Ugh... Stuck between a rock and a hardplace.

I know I've talked a lot about the economy before. I've talked about how I'm worried about an economic collapse and how to prepare for it etc... but I want to share with you my current situation.

I have 3 oz of gold and 50 oz of silver (it equals about $3600 right now.) I live 40 min East of LA in Southern California. I am going to inherit about 10 grand very soon. I plan on investing most of it in gold and silver. I also want to get some survival gear, like a tent, hiking back pack, sleeping bag for really low temperatures, and some food. At the moment, the gold and silver is the only preparation I have made. My Dad, who currently has $130k in the bank and a $350k retirement plan in the form a 401k plan has not taken my advice to invest in gold, silver, and Euros. He did buy 9 oz of gold and 10 oz silver a while back, but that's all. He owns a house right now that was bought for $430k about a year ago. All payments go towards the interest of the house and not the principal. The back yard is very small, we could possibly have a 3 foot by 8 foot garden or something. My Dad currently clears $7k after taxes each month and doesn't even break even. He is a smart engineer, but is really bad at managing his finances. Well, perhaps his biggest flaw is he is too generous with his money. He is still providing for his 24 year old daughter and 28 year old son... not completely, but a good portion of their monthly expenses. He could have easily been a millionaire if he had invested and spent his money right...

Anyways, thats the preparation that has been made so far. My Dad wants me to go back to the University of California Santa Cruz. I would like to do this too if I knew we weren't going to have a crash. I would like to be an electrical engineer making a good income so I could one day retire young. That of course does not seem like a realistic view of reality. I see the worst depression in the history of mankind hitting in 1-2 years.

What should I do?

Decision #1

I take the gold and silver I have along with my other $10k worth of investments and move out into the mid west somewhere and hopefully land a job at a warehouse making $10 an hour The location I choose will be close to farms, fresh water, and probably a food distribution warehouse. If I find others that would like to do the same, I'd be happy to move in with them. I will for sure need roommates.

Decision #2

I go to UC Santa Cruz in the fall. Ignore the fact that I think a financial collapse is going to happen and instead focus on my own spirituality and my huge workload. I will be taking physics, second quarter of multi variable calculus, and a computer programming class. If a crash hits I will rest assured that I will somehow survive it with my precious metals, cartons of cigarettes (I don't smoke myself, but cartons of cigarettes might great investments for trading,) and survival gear and food. If the end times scenarios bring huge natural disasters then living next to the coast will be a bad idea. However, by deciding to go to UC Santa Cruz I accept the risks of earthquakes, tsunamis, and massive storms.

Decision #3

I stay at home with my Dad, brother and two sisters, (even though we are separated into 3 different houses,) and I continue to go to school or work. With the money I earn I buy gold and silver. During a crash, I see crime being at ridiculous levels where even if we have gold and silver, it might not make a difference. If someone sees me pay with silver coins they will probably follow me home or have someone tail me home and jack everything. My Dad, being the alcoholic he is at bars nearby, has already told tons of people about his investments in gold and silver. In addition my brother has done the same. If a crash happens, and no one has any money or food, I see these people trying to steal our gold, silver, and food. People that have wealth in the form of food and valuables will naturally attract other people. This is why communities are so important. Communities are needed to protect whatever the members of the community have.

I want to make my decision and be confident with it, so I don't have to worry about it anymore. I do not feel good about staying in the location I am currently in. I don't feel good about going to Santa Cruz either. The only decision I think that would be good would be to move to the Midwest.

This is an enormous decision to make. I can't even talk about it with my family really. They are so ignorant about this stuff. I want to survive the future. I am willing to pack up my crap and leave. It honestly doesn't sound like a bad idea, I just fear that I won't find a job or I won't be able to make ends meet. I live extremely cheap. I'll work 2 jobs if I have to 60 hours a week.

Ugh... Talk about a fork in the road in my life. This decision will change everything. This decision has the potential to throw me onto a completely different time line. Ultimately, my goal is focus on my spirituality in life, but this decision has brought me a lot of stress. I am going against the conditioning instilled in me to go to college and succeed. Not only that, but I have to choose to leave my family behind or not. They don't even feel like my family anymore sorry to say. I mean, sure I love them, but they just don't understand what is to come. They seem very weak minded in my opinion. I don't think I could survive with them. There is very little cohesiveness to my family.

Anyways, I'm sorry to bug you all about this. I've talked a lot about it in the past. Ultimately, I understand that the decision is mine.

Strengthen your microcosm. Love. Knowledge. Faith.
http://montalk.net/metaphys/42/principl … ion-part-i

Re: Ugh... Stuck between a rock and a hardplace.

Just as a caveat, considering how these decisions will greatly alter the timeline you're in, everyone has to be cautious as to not violate Khan's freewill by sharing perspectives that are overly-decisive.  As in think how your Higher-Self would approach this.
That being said, this is no doubt probably one of the biggest decisions you've made in this current lifetime. Significant changes are in the air on every level of our existence, yet the ones the mass consciousness chooses to solidify will largely be determined by our emotional and psychic states. So many things are possible, and considering the several timeline deviations of this new millenia, potentialities abound.
What do you resonate with? Could there be a middle ground you could safely rest in, as to not heavily invest in one particular outcome as other probabilities grow distant?
I've too been worrying about this myself, but as the Hopis have said (and sorry to paraphrase their sacred words): the only safety cannot be awarded by thick steel, but through the strength of your heart.
Now this isn't to suggest that one become a religious aesthetic, but just remember that many of these dire predictions have come from corrupted/distorted sources to set you upon their path of fear and manipulation. This entails that one not seemingly fade away in blissfull ignorance, but rather for you to set your own frequency in alignment with your Higher-Self no matter what situation we find ourselves within. A momentous task, but we have more support than what we can readily imagine.
Again, what do you resonate with? What do you really want to do? Look within, take a breather, and you'll find yourself probably already doing it.

"Don't eat any wooden nickels."

3 (edited by titmouse_ 2008-01-30 11:54:25)

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl? … tem=poetry

How would I show to you dear one
The moon and the sky
If one had no eyes to see;
How would I read to you dear one
The tales and the poetry
If one had no ears to hear;
And how would I touch your soul dear one
With golden sun and radiant light
If one had no heart to feel;
How would I reveal to you dear one
What has passed and what could be
If you had no curiosity, my dear One?
~~carefulcarpenter

A Golden Tear

Sitting stone-faced in the glow of the PC screen;
Cellphone pressed to ear in a familiar self-important pose;
Dreams of growth in high-tech stock;
Years of networking off the clock

Commuting location to location at breakneck speed;
Coffee skillfully slurped over perfect teeth;
Self-improvement tapes wearing noticeably thin;
This is the pace we set to succeed

How high can we climb the ladder of dreams?
How far can we fly in pursuit of goals?
Where does this take us?
Will we ever know?
When will we get there?
How fast can we go?

The promise of prosperity
Requires uncluttered clarity;
A cubicle needs some clear-cut order
In order to see vaguely
What purpose for our propensity
To trade life for life after

The deceit of wealth and riches
Though hard for one to grasp,
It falls through our fingers
As we reach for the ring of brass;
A ladder has it's braces,
It's gaps of gaping spaces;
Offensive to the thinker,
While those above must tinker
With the rules that guide us;
Unwritten laws to follow
And why we often hide trust

A maverick sees the structure;
A glowing light uncovers
The lies;
The words not of the wise;
Electric phases,
Titillating phrases,
Of Heaven on sale,
The Holy Grail,
The Lord's gift
Wrapped in golden foil,
With bows of lace and ribbon,
The gift of life on layaway
For someone else to claim

In all the leaves that fall,
And all the falls before us,
Can anyone remember
Who didn't love to wander
Through a sycamore forest?
Hand in hand with nature,
Thinking of the souls that came here;
The ones that lived and loved before us,
Now singing in the angel's chorus

The treasures of a life mundane,
Seldom worth the time and pain;
If in the end as games are played,
The joy of playing outweighs the losses,
Winners we are over bosses;
The passion for a life of fashion:
Stealing glances,
Stealing chances;
Never knowing what it costs us

Think before your time runs out;
Before the time to think about
The purpose for a life and dreams
To climb the heights, to forge the streams;
Are you living in a dream,
Or just surviving as it seems?

To live another day
After traveling all this way;
Has it occurred that those on top
Haven't stopped to look about;
Or aren't about to look profound
And see the beauty all around;
For if they spend a lick of time
Pondering death while sipping wine,
They might decide to change the way
They dictate orders, give the pay

Must we climb before we see
The majesty in a redwood tree;
Or the wealth of treasures in a life,
The simple pleasures with a wife,
The magnificence of the sycamore tree,
The riches given to the free?

We seldom choose the path we take;
To make a change we hesitate;
A life we love, a job we hate;
A chance to grow or vacillate;
In God We Trust reluctantly;
We chase our wants incessantly;
We save some cash, but never life;
When its gone its lost

For the image of integrity
The rich create prosperity;
From design to feel superior
The rich create the poor

The sun and moon, the galaxy,
Simply there for us to see;
Birds and bees eternally free,
As we can see the Joshua tree;
The bill for this, this majesty,
This sapphire rock of diversity,
This paradoxical opportunity,
Is lost when we are gone

Eternal life comes certainly
To those who pay the price;
For others who smother
The breath of life
From every one they hire,
They owe a bill they never pay,
A never ending cost

For all the souls who sell their life,
For all the gluttony,
For all the choices never chosen,
All the gold is lost

In the end we never send
To earth a royalty,
For all the songs we play and sing
For all eternity;
But if you like to hear the wind
A whistling through a tree,
Just ask yourself what song to sing;
And please remember me

~~carefulcarpenter (CC)

Fun fact: Great Tits are common in Europe

To know love is to know trust; to know oneself is to know truth
~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

That was beautiful poetry titmouse.

"Think before your time runs out;
Before the time to think about
The purpose for a life and dreams
To climb the heights, to forge the streams;
Are you living in a dream,
Or just surviving as it seems? "

There is a difference between just surviving and living. I try to live my life and not just survive. I want to live my life.

I don't enjoy thinking about this stuff, yet I have too. It's a decision I have to make. My decision is directly dependent on how confident I am about an economic collapse happening and major natural disasters occurring in California. I've already studied the fundamentals behind our economy. I do not know when it will happen and I do not know how bad it will be.

In the mean time I will leave my options open. I'm thinking about taking next quarter off at the JC I am currently attending to work. I'll have the financial aid application filled out and sent in and I'll have my readmission application sent in. I'll continue to work until the end of August.

In August I will have to make my decision. Whatever decision I make, I will always have the option of taking a flight to where ever I need to go. If the economy gets extremely bad and we still have domestic plane flights, then I'll go ahead and catch a plane and ride it on over to a mid west state.

My world view is not completely solid like I want it to be. I don't want a closed minded view of reality, but I do want a solid and strong view that has stood the test of time. I haven't worked out all the kinks. After reading many articles about a financial collapse happening, figuring out why it is going to happen, and watching Alex Jones' videos, I can't help but believe it is going to happen. I can't help but believe there will be a Great Dying in the world. I can't help but believe billions of people are going to die in my lifetime. I can see things from the point of view of an elitist. They want the world for themselves. They see the problems with overpopulation. They know environmental degradation is bad. They know there is a lot of suffering in the world. They figure they'll be doing the world a favor by killing off 90-95% of everyone through starvation. There really are too many people on the planet if you think about it. It's a symptom of a conglomeration of lots of people making poor choices. These choices are heavily influenced by their socioeconomic status and culture.

Aside from the financial collapse and growing frequency of natural disasters, there is also the transition in 4D. What evidence is there for a transition into 4th Density? Are synchronicities enough evidence to make that conclusion. Are studying the Bringers of the Dawn, the Rat Material, and the C's transcripts enough to conclude that we are having a transition. Deep down I know it's possible to transition into 4D, but is it going to happen in this life time? What about the strange "coincidences" with the Sumerians knowing advance astronomy related knowledge? What about the correlations in mythology all over the planet that would have been impossible given their lack of global transportation.

There really is so much information and disinformation out there... Ugh... At least I still have some time to figure everything out before I make my decision.

I understand your predicament Kahn.
It's actually much the same for someone who is "established".

Maybe the best advice I could give you is, don't base every decision today on a future that hasn't yet unfolded. In that vain, if you lean toward the YCYOR philosophy, then your primary goal is to create the best possible future, even if that means disregarding the present ,and all possible negative futures.

Way easier said than done, but you know, that's one of the things NR really helped me with. I'm nowhere near the nihilist I was in November '05.

Too much info (yes there is such a thing IMO) IS a bad thing. But things like the FED trainwreck are hard to ignore. Slowmotion trainwreck actually. I am no economics expert, but I've mentioned many times I do not believe that even precious metals are a safety net.

Also, beware putting funds away in different forms, that may be better used NOW. Find that balance between fun and survival.

Far as college, I am fortunate enough to have done alright with no "higher education" (and I really do think the ONLY thing higher about it is the cost), although I did do 2 years tradeschool for welding, while I was in high school. And if you want my 2 cents, don't pick that one. I wouldn't trade the skills for anything, but I also won't trade those skills for a paycheck anymore either. It is an unhealthy occupation at the least. And the more years that have gone by, the more college grads I see working at jobs that could have been filled by anyone off the street. That is not to discredit college grads, that IS to discredit the occupational and economic situation. Some of these students will never pay off their loans. And I want you to ask yourself, are you personally better off broke and
'stupid", or broke and (uselessly) educated? <That's a BIGGIE.

.. And- that part about you having a world view that has stood the "test of time" can only be tested, and solidified WITH time. I know you're in your 20s, I have no idea what I'd have done with all this info when I was in my younger 20s, honestly I don't know if I would have survived. But to focus to much on survival does steal our humanity to a large extent, and is the opposite of living.

The vampires would love to see us turned into caged animals, fighting to the death over every last morsel. I'd much sooner die, than to be reduced to being a cannibal. Let's never give them that power, no matter how bad it gets!   

Patience, even in the face of imminent disaster, is definetely a virtue. it's one I'll be working at until....

And be cool, that's one of the first things they teach first responders. You can't think clearly when in a panic, even when it's a 'slower' panic, much as we find ourselves in with our $ situation.

Some of the things we ignore will work themselves out, it's a given. Even the hardcore YCYOR bunch have to leave some things to chance, can you imagine chasing 15 trillion timeline leads & possibilities simultaneously?

That sounds too much like work to me........ smile

J

Happy to have been a part

ape-x wrote:

Far as college, I am fortunate enough to have done alright with no "higher education" (and I really do think the ONLY thing higher about it is the cost), although I did do 2 years tradeschool for welding, while I was in high school. And if you want my 2 cents, don't pick that one. I wouldn't trade the skills for anything, but I also won't trade those skills for a paycheck anymore either. It is an unhealthy occupation at the least. And the more years that have gone by, the more college grads I see working at jobs that could have been filled by anyone off the street. That is not to discredit college grads, that IS to discredit the occupational and economic situation. Some of these students will never pay off their loans. And I want you to ask yourself, are you personally better off broke and
'stupid", or broke and (uselessly) educated? <That's a BIGGIE.

Well, my Dad wants to pay for my education by taking out loans. Getting an electrical engineering degree would be quite useful right now. Once the smoke and dust settles after the doom and gloom hits, then that education may be useful. Electrical engineers get paid around $60,000 a year with a four year degree. That's not useless. With the loans though, the first 5 or so years of work would be spent paying those loans off completely if I were to pay for them all by myself. Many people go to college and get useless degrees. If I am going to go to college, I'm going to get a useful degree.

ape-x wrote:

And be cool, that's one of the first things they teach first responders. You can't think clearly when in a panic, even when it's a 'slower' panic, much as we find ourselves in with our $ situation.

Some of the things we ignore will work themselves out, it's a given. Even the hardcore YCYOR bunch have to leave some things to chance, can you imagine chasing 15 trillion timeline leads & possibilities simultaneously?

Yeah keeping your cool is always important. No point in freaking out and making a wrong decision. Rather I think its best to just look at the facts, weigh the pros and cons, and then make a decision.

I think a good compromise might be to make a list of criteria and when these criteria are met, to go ahead with the decision to move inland into a sustainable community, but I don't know... I think it might just be nice to go ahead and move into a sustainable community right away like in 6-7 months. I think that is a good lifestyle to live even if a collapse doesn't happen.

I forgot to mention- EE would be in my top 5 most practical degree list. I think that would be an excellent one to pursue.

One I could use more background in too.

J

Happy to have been a part

It is literally so freaking obvious that a crash is going to happen. If not in 2 years, then for sure in 5 years.

List of reasons:

Federal Reserve stopped publishing M3 statistic which reveals how much money is in circulation in March of 2006.

Housing Market is on it's way down. Financial institutions are incurring heavy loses in the billions of dollars and are looking for foreign investors to stay afloat and are laying off lots of people. The general public is hurting as well as they are defaulting on their loans, because of inflation, poor money management, and because they shouldn't have bought a house in the first place with their low incomes and high monthly expenses. Housing markets typically take twice as long on their way down than on their way up because they are hard to liquidate.

The dollar has been experiencing a lot of inflation. It decreased in value in comparison to the Euro by 11%. Commodities all across the board have increased in value and are continuing to increase despite inside manipulation of precious medals.

Our country is $9 trillion in debt, and $65 trillion in debt if you count social security, medicare, and medicaid obligations.

The baby boom generation totals around 90 million people in the U.S.  When they try to retire this year and the years following, (which they are all doing in mass,) they will want their social security, medicare, and medicaid. If our government wants to pay for it then they will cause hyperinflation and repel foreign investment. If they don't pay for the programs and even if they do, the baby boomers will be cashing in on their 401K plans that are diversified in the economy. This will cause a stock market crash like Black Tuesday for the Great Depression.

Illegal immigration is hurting our economy by taking jobs and using our tax money when they need medical attention. I have nothing against illegal immigrants, but the objective analysis tells us that they are hurting our economy. Yet when they are here they do buy our stuff... I'm sure the overall balance is that they are hurting our economy. Medical procedures are very costly...

Many people are defaulting on their car loans, business loans, and credit card loans. The debt industry is screwed. Debt increasing spending, which boosts our economy. If debt issuance is cut way back then there will be far less spending. This will further hurt our economy.

The owners of Central Banks are not stupid. They know the dollar is falling rapidly and will experience hyper inflation in the near future. Because they know this, they are naturally going to stop buying up the U.S. debt, because there is a zero return on investment. They are also going to get rid of their reserves of dollars and replace it with commodities, gold, silver, Euros, and Pounds. This will be done systematically. TPTB know this is occurring and are trying to make the crash as smooth as possible. They want the economy to go down in steps, like a tennis ball bouncing down a flight of stairs.

As the dollar steadily declines people buy less and less with their money, which causes an accelerating downward spiral to the economic system.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is no doubt in my mind that a crash is coming. Not acting on this is like not moving out of the way when a boulder is rolling straight towards you. Educating people about the economy who have money would be wise. If you don't have a lot of money educated someone that does that can act on it may provide you future protection and add to your physical network of security.

Most important things right now are coming up with a plan, and educating people.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What will happen after the crash?

There are theories that before the crash, our government will invade Iran and thus bring our troops back to squelch the civil unrest at home. We will have Martial Law. When the economy crashes, Martial Law will either already be in place or will be in place shortly after.

I gotta go to Jazz Concert... I'll write some more later. This stuff is REALITY. Can't wish it away no matter how hard you try.

I'm curious what all y'all think will happen after the crash hits.. Anyone have any ideas? NAU... NWO..

This is reality?

*looks around*

As of 2008.02.01, it's not my reality. Seems like it's a future reality that only exists in your head. Now I don't mean to discredit your research, but it's not going to play out the way they say. No one knows the future for certain. That's what 3D is all about.

10 (edited by Kahnsentrayshun 2008-02-01 23:53:01)

Oil is the lifeblood to our economy. If you take away oil then you lose the ability to compute long distances to work, you lose the ability to transport goods long distances, and you lose the ability to sustain super large populations. What is most likely going to happen after the crash, given oil will be less prevalent in our lives (without the purchasing power of the dollar you can't buy oil) communities will need to be self sustaining where everything is made locally. I think there will be a middle ground to this.

I think there will be a Great Dying in the world. People that are not living in self sustaining communities based on getting everything they need locally or semi locally, will die off. I think that the farm area communities will be very generous with what they have. Given that America is one of the largest agricultural producers in the world, and since distributing all of this food will be hard, I bet that a lot of the food will be abundant and easy to come by in some areas. The people to food ratio will be very low. During the Great Depression though, many migrated to California and it was really hard to get work. Many fruit companies literally threw away tons of fruit instead of giving it away for free and the companies were very strict on how much the employees could eat. They watched them very carefully. Hopefully this type of greed won't happen.

People living in urban and suburban environments that aren't close to agriculture will be forced to migrate to fresh bodies of water and farm areas. There will be a general migration from the coasts inward, but most of the people will die. Remember the migrations from the Midwest to far west in history class where the settlers traveled in covered wagons? Imagine that without the wagons, without cars (not enough gas and super congested freeways,) and without food storage.

It'll be so important to live in self-sustaining communities in the future. After the Great Dying, the population of the world will be significantly less and people will have learned not to fear one another. After going through hell on earth, the human species will have finally learned how to love one another unconditionally. Then begins the Golden Age of Aquarius.

Some may argue that the Great Dying will coincide with our earth entering a wave of energy before 2012. The years leading up to 2012 will be marked with increases in psychic ability and powers of manifestation. If you are someone that is not worried about the future, then perhaps before or right as the Great Dying occurs you will magically enter a new time line where that stuff doesn't exist.

We are used to events occurring linearly, but maybe in the near future events won't happen linearly. Perhaps all of a sudden you will wake up in a different world after a nights sleep, because our earth will have basically become a giant Bermuda triangle. There are stories of entire villages and cities disappearing, will the Great Dying coincide with this same type of occurrences? Maybe so... Being that I love living next to nature and that the way of the future is sustainability, I am going to choose a life that revolves around those values.

What will The Powers That Be be doing while all this is going on? Will they be able to police the U.S. under martial law? If there are extreme food shortages people are going to be furious at the establishment. I think there will be super massive social upheavals. Perhaps TPTB may just stand back and wait for things to calm down. Though if they do this, then they will further lose their mind control on the population. Will people still be watching tv as all this crap is going on? Will TPTB have lost control over the people? Will this be the time that the establishment gets knocked out by the disgruntled public? How will all this pan out though? It seems to me it will be total chaos. Or maybe it won't be chaos.

Maybe the NAU will be formed overnight and go off without a hitch. Maybe the world economy will be quickly restructured really really fast. Given that other countries around the world know what is to come, maybe they are all going to cooperate after shit hits the fan, and maybe they will maintain their business relationships by creating new currencies and then quickly distributing these currencies out. One thing is for sure. The NWO and other elites around the world, know what is to come and they have a plan. They don't want to upset the public too much, because if they do we will rebel and take over. There is simply too many of us. If people know they are going to die anyways, and since they are pissed the f*ck off, won't they have the courage to stand up and rebel? We think our country is so much different than the Palestinians, but perhaps when the time comes our country will resort to suicide bombing, and a militia aimed at taking back the country. Is the public any match against the military? Will the military have rebellions inside it as well?

11 (edited by Kahnsentrayshun 2008-02-02 00:15:32)

LightningEye wrote:

This is reality?

*looks around*

As of 2008.02.01, it's not my reality. Seems like it's a future reality that only exists in your head. Now I don't mean to discredit your research, but it's not going to play out the way they say. No one knows the future for certain. That's what 3D is all about.

Do you see a flaw in my research. What specifically is wrong with my research? Look at post # 8. Those are pretty much straight forward irrefutable facts. Which ones specifically do you find to be false?

It's a cause and effect relationship. If you understand the economy then you know what's going to happen. People are already spending everything they have instead of saving. Not only are they spending everything they have, but they are spending money they don't have. Our economy is on steroids.

I think YCYOR is true. We have millions of people in the U.S. creating their own realities by making conscious choices and holding tons of negative attractive forces inside of them. You can't control them. They are attracting a reality in that you are going to be a part of. Millions of people bought homes they shouldn't have bought, which has screwed over the banks lending ability. Many people are defaulting on their loans causing banks to lose tons of money. These banks are then looking forward foreign investment to prop them back up. The United States is a nation of debt not economic prosperity. We are living off of other countries savings. How long can a country live in so much debt? All the dominoes are lined up. You can either face the facts and take action, or hope that a magical energy shift comes that will teleport you to a new time line that matches your vibration.

By the way, there is a difference between being smart and a difference between being afraid. Not moving out of the way when a boulder is rolling right towards you is not an act of fear, but an act of basic intelligence.

Read this article: http://www.naturalnews.com/019659.html

12 (edited by kinsei 2008-02-02 10:29:11)

By the way, there is a difference between being smart and a difference between being afraid. Not moving out of the way when a boulder is rolling right towards you is not an act of fear, but an act of basic intelligence.

The thing is, your choice of a boulder as the metaphor is completely arbitrary.  I could just as well instead use the metaphor of a hurricane, and it would be just as valid.  And one property of a hurricane is that the eye is calm and peaceful despite the horrendous maelstrom swirling around it.

You are preaching on this topic as if nobody here on this forum has worked through these issues on their own; as if everybody here (or out in the world) needs to be "educated" on this.  In my case, the oil/economic situation was one of the very first things that I encountered and had to internally deal with when I "woke up" over three years ago.

I've been a doomer who's wanted to spend a bunch of time "educating" people about it.  You know what resulted?  A ton of stress, and severely weakened family ties.

The people who are ready to know this stuff, will know it; they will be guided to find it as part of their growth in awareness.  And the people who aren't ready, won't hear it no matter how loudly you yell it.

Now, back to to the hurricane.  Not only are you voluntarily allowing it to tear through your personal vision of the future, you seem to be adamant that other people get pulled in with you.  Many of those people are outside the storm, and if it's their destiny to be confronted by it then they'll be confronted soon enough, and will deal with it in their own way.  But others are hanging out inside the eye, because they know that they cannot diffuse this storm but they can stay peaceful in the midst of it.

Not knowing the system is collapsing (and infact, has to collapse), is dangerous.  But knowing that it has to collapse and using that as an implication that you yourself have to collapse, is considerably worse.  The eye of the hurricane is where you realize that the system is not you, and that your needs can be met no matter the storm outside, provided that you have faith that they will be.

(Edited for botched quote)

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/images/0187402-WildflowersAnimal.jpg

"Wildflowers survive where soils are harsh, avoiding alligator shoes and careless hearts"
~~carefulcarpenter

Fun fact: Great Tits are common in Europe

To know love is to know trust; to know oneself is to know truth
~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

kinsei wrote:

The thing is, your choice of a boulder as the metaphor is completely arbitrary.  I could just as well instead use the metaphor of a hurricane, and it would be just as valid.  And one property of a hurricane is that the eye is calm and peaceful despite the horrendous maelstrom swirling around it.

That's true. I could have used the hurricane as an example. The eye of the storm in this case would be being calm and centered with myself and it would be being in a location that has a higher probability of survival, while also doing some preparations. Right now, the location I'm in is not where I would want to be if shit hit the fan. There are too many people. The weather will probably hurt California's economy in the near future. There are ranches with lots of cows, but there aren't any farms.

kinsei wrote:

You are preaching on this topic as if nobody here on this forum has worked through these issues on their own; as if everybody here (or out in the world) needs to be "educated" on this.  In my case, the oil/economic situation was one of the very first things that I encountered and had to internally deal with when I "woke up" over three years ago.

I've been a doomer who's wanted to spend a bunch of time "educating" people about it.  You know what resulted?  A ton of stress, and severely weakened family ties.

The people who are ready to know this stuff, will know it; they will be guided to find it as part of their growth in awareness.  And the people who aren't ready, won't hear it no matter how loudly you yell it.

I'm preaching about this topic mainly for myself (see first post,) but if others find it useful maybe it will help them. By writing about it, it has helped me form my decision. It's true, I guess I pretty much am a doomer. I believe a lot of people are going to die, because of this oil/economic situation. It doesn't mean that makes me less spiritual. I think it makes me see things realistically. My vision of the future is harsh. It's not that I'm a negative individual, because I see it like this, it's because I see things as they are or probably will be. I look at the Great Depression and see how bad that was and then I look at our situation and its 10 times if not more worse.

Maybe I shouldn't have written that response to Lightning Eye. I don't want to shove it down people's throats. I want people to make their own decisions. Maybe he's already in a good situation in life that can handle the stresses of the oil/economic situation and that in turn affects his vision of the future for himself. I don't know. All I know is that I need to take action. First I will help my family, friends, and self. I won't force it down their throats. Then I'll help others if I feel called to the task.

15 (edited by Skyalmian 2008-02-02 17:03:28)

kinsei wrote:

Yep, same. sad Trying to forcefully educate people has the opposite effect. They were never interested to begin with, they didn't care, and when told didn't want to know. I tried and failed completely to wake up 2 people by telling them about the state of the world, the coming loss of oil, government corruption, etc. etc. etc.; it only aggravated them to no end to hear such "doom and gloom". As much as I'd like to run around trying to wake others up (the genuine intention with the delivery of the message is apparently crucial), in the end after the failures it becomes obvious it was not about actually helping them or raising their awareness but satisfying something broken within the self -- insecurity, ego, high horse elitism (feeling as if above others for "knowing more"), control, and so on. (It is a bummer though that it means we have no one to talk to about this fascinating stuff -- humbled / bummed out then.) The proper method I've seen is the one that's all around: passive deliverance of information that's just put out there for whoever wants it (dropped and left, basically, nothing more). Montalk's site is an example, this forum and the debates in it are an example, sites like WhatReallyHappened are an example; just left there for those who may want it. If they do, then they ask, get answers, start learning, and thus the raising-awareness process is born for them... It's the active this-is-how-it-is-and-everything-else-is-wrong-so-you-should-listen non-method that always brings out the ego and righteousness (on the part of the one having it shoved down their throat also, which fights back) and which results in the back fire...

[size=9](/was just expanding on what you said with what I've experienced on this...)[/size]