Topic: Two memorable dreams...

I have had a lot of strange dreams, like you all have probably too.

One was when I was a Christian...Although I do not regard the Bible as inerrant anymore, as there are too many contradictions and I do not believe in "religion," something still makes me wonder about the truth in Christ, because of this dream.

I dreamed that I actually saw Christ face to face.  Some figures that I perceived as good were behind christ. 

He said something along the lines of, "Hi, Chris...I am real.  Do not worry.  This is all true." 

This was during a time in high school when I was having doubts about the validity of the character of Christ.

It was not a regular dream.  The dream felt totally real, nothing like I had every felt before.  I woke up that morning and all day I was happy and energetic because it felt so real. 

In the dream, Christ said, "You are going to wake up soon and you will lose this feeling.  Just remember that I am real and remember this dream..."

I certainly lost the feeling of euphoria that is was 100% true in the dream, but I will never forget the dream.  How can I reconcile this sort of dream with all the facts that point against Christ even existing, let alone rising from the dead?  And if he did, do you think that mainstream Christianity is the only way to meet this power?? I don't.

My second dream was one of a space shuttle crashing.  I vividly remember the space shuttle launching, then starting to arch downward, and then crashing into the ground.  The next morning I woke up and the Columbia had crashed...I heard Art Bell later state on his show that many people had a similar dream.  What do you all think about collective dreaming/prophetic dreams...

Peace

Re: Two memorable dreams...

Well dude.  You came a little late to the forum, it is in its final throws of living existence.  This forum is a treasure trove of knowledge if you can figure out how to sift out the gems from the sand.  My life has changed considerably since the discovery of this forum, this forum being significant in that change. 

My personal understanding at this moment was that the man christ existed.  He was no ordinary man, on the level of enlightenment of Buddha, Krishna or any of the other mystics.  What you remember from your dream sounds to be a legitimate representation of the Real Christ.  I say real Christ because it seems that not much of Christs true teachings remain.  None of christ's teachings were actually written by him, and I suspect one reason for this is that he knew that if he put his teachings in writing, they would be misconstrued, and misrepresented, which is exactly what you see in all the texts that speak about his teachings. 

There is much fringe knowledge that you must begin to acquire to better understand the phenomena which is christ and the other mystics.  A simple way of stating it is that your understanding of reality is completely false.  How can I say this with confidence?  Well unless you believe you don't understand anything then you aren't yet truly aware of the limitations of human consciousness in perceiving the vast intricacies of this reality.  I have one particular concept in mind that can be used as example.  There is not much difference between what people believe is the past and what is the past.  For instance what does it matter what really happened if people will only believe it was really something else that happened.  In that case it is only what people or consciousness believes that has significance.  To take this a step further, reality is actually variable as far as consciousness is concerned.  If humans believe christ existed, then there is an imprint of him on the fabric of existence, and there will be an entity that carries out the function that is perceived as of the Christ, regardless if he every really existed or not. 

The true nature of reality is a balance between the variable (dream/etheric) and static (physical) realities.  The largest drawback of western understanding at this moment is the denial of even the existence of this etheric reality, and therefore our lack of understanding of its importance.

"...But Nothing is Lost:" "Nothing lasts... nothing lasts. Everything is changing into something else. Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track. William Blake said nothing is lost and I believe that we all move on." - Terrence McKenna - Shpongle - But Nothing Is Lost

Re: Two memorable dreams...

Good points Capitan.  I would just add that sometimes belief and reality co-incide.  In the case in point, the best way to determine the truth is to ask within yourself.  Your own spirit knows the truth and if Jesus is real, then he knows it too. Your answer will come if you do that and it appears by your dream C Hyp that it already has.  I have had the same thing awake as you have had in a dream.  I have been through the same question and i now have no doubt Jesus is real.  I know the feeling you described.  Anyone who experiences that quickening cannot forget it or dismiss it.  I have been fortunate to have that energetic re-inforcement at different times in my life especially over the past year when i have written about him.  Everything is given. Nothing is taken.  He is trustworthy and true.