106 (edited by Bhang 2007-12-14 23:22:35)

Re: They Sold Their Soul To Rock And Roll: Aleister Crowley

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/435_bemorelikejesus.jpg

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/435_nunsguns.jpg

http://www.wachadoo.com/forum/download/file.php?id=551

http://www.caturdayz.com/?img=250

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/415565083_0fee72006e.jpg?v=0

Hyperdimensional Blogging

107 (edited by Antaeus 2007-12-15 17:58:14)

You bring up things that have been addressed many times and from many different angles of approach.  There are no easy answers to lifting up people.  Most people you see as upper middle class folk, and look like they are doing oh so well, are usually living at their means.  So, you see, they don't really have much control themselves, when they keep their level of debt so near the level of their income.  This is an indicator, when you have people who manage to get up every day and go to work, yet put themselves in debt, which in so many cases stresses their income, that they have a void, a hole, some nagging notion that something is missing.  Something is simply not right.  I've found that Theosophy brought many answers, and becoming a Theosophist, I don't immediately allegorize every other religion on Earth as being false.  Like becoming a Christian would.  Or quite a number of other religions.  Once you become devoted to this or that religion, immediately, you are claiming all the rest false.  Theosophy has a bit of the flavor of eclecticism, but rather than my presenting the impression this is Theosophy, I'm not at all.  The Esoteric Tradition does not have a time stamp of day of origin.  The Qabbalah is very good work.  Studying the paths and the many Sephira.  Also, Ian Xel Lungold has brought to light extremely fine information in light of the fact that the Mayan Tun and Tzolkin calender appears to be understood.  It appears to explain why we have certain major traits during specific ages.   

We are not, "active in the chart."  We don't know how to allign our intentions with each day we live.

I would say that you simply spewed platitudes, trite drivel that has been presented so many countless times already, with harsh judgemental disdain directed at so many human beings.  But I won't.  Direction to look at ourselves is never used excessively. 

I've been to Thurmont, MD many times.  I live pretty far from there, now.  From Hagerstown, you have to drive east through the mountains.  Just mentioning that since the name was on the gravestone.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

I wanted to reply to this thread earlier, but for some reason my password wasn't allowing me to login.  I have been interested in the Crowley cult for a number of years because of its central importance in so many different countercultures it is not even funny.  It really makes me sad to see so many otherwise intelligent people get duped by such an elitist sociopath.  What a sham!  Here's a quote from Book of the Law:
"We have nothing with the outcasts and the unfit; let them die in their misery, for they feel not.  Compassion is the vice of kings; stamp down the wretched and the weak; this is the law of the strong; this is our law and the joy of the world...Love one another with burning hearts; on the low men trample in the fierce lust of your pride in the day of your wrath...Pity not the fallen!  I never knew them.  I am not for them.  I console not; I hate the consoled and the consoler...
"I am unique and conqueror.  I am not of the slaves that perish.  Be they damned and dead.  Amen...therefore strike hard and low and to hell with them, master...Lurk! Withdraw!  Upon them!  This is the law of the battle and conquest; thus shall my worship be above my secret house...Worship me with fire and blood; worship me with swords and with spears.  Let the woman be gurt with a sword before me; let blood flow in my name.  Trample down the heathen; be upon them, O warrior, I will gove you their flesh to eat...Sacrifice cattle, little and big; after a child...kill and torture; spare not; be upon them!"
Ok, now let me just say that I am not a Christian, or even slightly religious in any form or fashion.  But it seems to be apparent from the above passage that Crowley's beef with Christianity sure wasn't the authority or dogmatism part--there sure is plenty of that on display here!  His main problem with them would more likely be the concept of Chrsitian charity.  Now considering that at the time that he wrote this, slavery was alive in well in European colonies throughout the world, can we really dismiss this as metaphor?

I have been seeing hints of a thing such as complaints being made in regard to a gap existing between belief and knowledge.  Or perhaps the complaints being in regard to the path of the Saint; being incomplete.  This desire for a path from belief toward knowledge, "For now we see through a glass, darkly;..."  "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away."  Very few, I suspect, are actually presented with knowledge with the initial imparting of it from Divine Providence.  Personally, I suspect I could be presented with everything there is to know and I would not be capable of utilizing it with understanding and Wisdom.  "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three;  but the greatest of these is charity."

"Charity   suffereth   long, and is kind; charity envieth not;..."

The quote you presented, I can only get a vague tenuity on its interpretation.  Yet, you seem to completely understand it.  You are a better scholar than I.

dunkelheit wrote:

I wanted to reply to this thread earlier, but for some reason my password wasn't allowing me to login.  I have been interested in the Crowley cult for a number of years because of its central importance in so many different countercultures it is not even funny.  It really makes me sad to see so many otherwise intelligent people get duped by such an elitist sociopath.  What a sham!  Here's a quote from Book of the Law:
"We have nothing with the outcasts and the unfit; let them die in their misery, for they feel not.  Compassion is the vice of kings; stamp down the wretched and the weak; this is the law of the strong; this is our law and the joy of the world...Love one another with burning hearts; on the low men trample in the fierce lust of your pride in the day of your wrath...Pity not the fallen!  I never knew them.  I am not for them.  I console not; I hate the consoled and the consoler...
"I am unique and conqueror.  I am not of the slaves that perish.  Be they damned and dead.  Amen...therefore strike hard and low and to hell with them, master...Lurk! Withdraw!  Upon them!  This is the law of the battle and conquest; thus shall my worship be above my secret house...Worship me with fire and blood; worship me with swords and with spears.  Let the woman be gurt with a sword before me; let blood flow in my name.  Trample down the heathen; be upon them, O warrior, I will gove you their flesh to eat...Sacrifice cattle, little and big; after a child...kill and torture; spare not; be upon them!"
Ok, now let me just say that I am not a Christian, or even slightly religious in any form or fashion.  But it seems to be apparent from the above passage that Crowley's beef with Christianity sure wasn't the authority or dogmatism part--there sure is plenty of that on display here!  His main problem with them would more likely be the concept of Chrsitian charity.  Now considering that at the time that he wrote this, slavery was alive in well in European colonies throughout the world, can we really dismiss this as metaphor?

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

Someone earlier in the thread tried to find the following. . .
Aleister Crowley - The Wickedest Man In the World (2002)
http://www.guba.com/watch/2000918554