1 (edited by Millsley 2008-01-11 20:58:27)

Topic: Noble Realmer's health routines

I've recently started taking nutritional supplements and exercising as it is hard enough to keep healthy in today's environment without awareness and discipline.  The benefits of spending an hour of your day loving your body are literally unexplainable.  I notice that many of us wanderers have our minds and spirit in order but we neglect the BODY!  Exercise and proper nutrition will help your body help you - chronic anger and depression are two symptoms that quickly fade away.  I was going to reply the helpful folks in the iodine thread but it seemed off-topic so here's my current health manifestation routine.

Nutrients
Multivitamin
Vitamin C
Omega-3/6 Supplement
Biotin
Silica Gel
Triodide
Selenium
(thanks NRers for the last few)
5-HTP occasionally

Exercise
7 days a week Tibetan Five Rites
4 days a week 1 minute of strenuous exercise with 5 minute meditation period afterwards, 3 cycles (from ex-Olympian Physician Irving Dardik's Wave exercise theory - give the body's recovery faculties exercise as well)
3 days a week 30-45 minute run (aerobic exercise)
2 days a week exercise muscle group 1
2 days a week exercise muscle group 2 (for muscle exercise I do one day of strenuous exercise for groups 1 and 2 followed by 2 days rest, then 1 day of light exercise for both followed by 1 day rest - protein shakes after work out)

I usually do a cycle of a few nutrients at a time and then lay off for awhile so the body does not become dependent on the supplements and has time to alter its normal mode of operation.  This ends up costing less per month and "feels" right to me.  Just a wild goose guess though. smile

What are some of your routines?  I would love to hear what everyone else does as it works much better for me to assimilate a bunch of routines rather than sticking hardcore to one "magic pill"

Re: Noble Realmer's health routines

Wow, Millsley.  In order to keep up that routine you
must not have to work a full time job. 

That's MY excuse, anyway!

You're perfectly right about depression and anger being
lessened or dissolved with strenuous exercise.

http://possumblog.mu.nu/images/Kit%20the%20wonder%20cat.jpg

Hahaha I know exactly how that cat feels...

Yeah Tom, I am currently on break from school so I figured it was a good time to start up some good habits.  I'll probably have to make room here and there as it is my last semester and I'll be extremely busy, but I have already felt the benefits after only a week and a half so I plan to keep on keeping on.

Whilst in a body, it is worth looking after that body.

Some basic information and points:

Supplements are only necessary when the ingredients/nutrients are unavailable from normal means, such as your regular food intake.

Most likely this will be the case, at least in part, especially if you purchase manufactured food or food that is not organically grown.

Be careful not to fall into the allopathic mindset of making a list of the nutrients you require and simply taking them as supplements.
Nutrients have various requirements and interactions with other nutrients.  An orange is never pack with just vitamin C for example.  In nature the vitamin C molecule exists with vaious other molecules that work with the vitamin C, such as various bioflavonoids.

Another example is Calcium.  Vitamin D is required for the metabolism of the calcium and aluminium hinders absorption for example.

Most supplements are garbage. A synthetic form of a vitamin is not used by the body in the same way as a natural form.  If the bottle says natural on it, that does not mean the product is necessarily natural either.

Millsley, you have listed omega 3 and 6 EFAs, but to my knowledge it is best if you have the correct ratio of 3 to 6. Also adequate vitamin E is required to prevent/slow FA oxidation. Selenium helps here. Vitamin E has 16 components BTW.

Since everyone is both unique and lives a unique lifestyle including diet, it is severely limiting to utilize the poorly laid out dietary intakes or RDAs.  Hence any recommendation is dependent on you.

Unfortunately, the “natural health” industry has been undermined by greed and profit.  It was only a matter of time.  The good news is, in amongst the garbage products with their wonder claims, are decent products which are made by people who actually care about the health benefits of their product.  These people are knowledgeable and they take their own products.

A healthy body and a healthy mind go together.  Each helps the other.  This is important in that if you develop both sufficiently, when you are unwell, you will not seek out treatment, you will be your own healer.
Believe it or not you will get to a point where most, if not all of the qualms and problems, such as those posted on the board will become non-existent.  That will be the beginning.

DanB, before you post another link to Hira/Solar healing, yes it’s fine, but it is not necessary. I did not say it was not beneficial either.

Hope that helps!

Love is Knowledge is Light

Totally agree with all your points Almeirhria - the supplements I take are to fill the void I'm not getting from my diet.  My omega 3/6 has more 3 than 6 and my food has 9's.  I also eat 2-4 fruits throughout the day and 2 salads packed with vegetables along with meals.

Speaking of the solar healing website, I think I might try incorporating a run to the local park to get a good view of the sunset.  I'm sure it's beneficial, especially since the pineal gland has photoreceptive cells and we're not out as much during the winter.  Descartes called it "the seat of the soul" and DaVinci "the convergence of the senses" - probably a good idea to give it a good workout as well.

I followed a link from the in2worlds website about a year ago and found this.

http://www.thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr … eindex.php

Using Carissa's tacit endorsement and my general ability discern I believed this to be the real thing.

After I put the principles in to play I immediately felt my digestive problems relieve.

Having said all this though, I think the mindset has alot to do with health.

I'm unsure as to which dynamic plays a bigger part, the mind telling the cells in our bodies how to be healthy or the food supporting the health of the body. The placebo effect.

If I truely believe that Big Macs were good for me, would the mind override the lack of nutritional value ?

google wrote:

Having said all this though, I think the mindset has alot to do with health.

I'm unsure as to which dynamic plays a bigger part, the mind telling the cells in our bodies how to be healthy or the food supporting the health of the body. The placebo effect.

If I truely believe that Big Macs were good for me, would the mind override the lack of nutritional value ?

This is something that intrigues me as well. Here's a link to a relevant article that I read recently:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1081524

Don't know if I buy it, but it's interesting nonetheless.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

The mind and body work together as stated above. The mind is also the collective mind of the cellular mind. It is helpful to contemplate this.
In your example, it is possible using the mind to correct or lessen what you may term the negative impacts of the ingestion of a product lacking in nutritional value. I would not recommend eating a  Big mac from one of MacDonald's 30,000+ outlets.

Hi Daisy and Almeirhria

Thanks for the link Daisy. I never took the consciousness of the food into account but I think there is something to that. I'll contemplate that. Perhaps food with additives or processed food is humiliating to the organic food that it is made from. Therefore we take upon ourselves the bad karma by agreeing to be the end user. Kin of like buying clothes made by slaves or consuming any product made in an exploitive circumstance. We can't expect to turn our backs on what we are supporting. Things given up because the producer wants to lovingly share their creation with others is a win situation for both parties. Maybe plants and animals would be happy to give up their energy if we respected the God force inside them.

Just a thought.

Almeirhria

I wonder if there is any merit in the idea that to eat unnutritious food shows lack of respect for the organs that need to do the work to remove the toxins and they may just mutany when I ask them to clean up my mess.

They would call me on my two-faced-ness.     

The collective mind idea is interesting.
I wonder if I ate nutrious food that humanity generally though was bad food, would the collective mind make that food bad even if I had never heard the propaganda ?

Like if everyone though tomatos were bad.
I seem to recall that tomatoes were once thought to be inedible.

google wrote:

Like if everyone though tomatos were bad.
I seem to recall that tomatoes were once thought to be inedible.

Looks like some people still think so

http://www.tomatoesareevil.com/ wink

Seriously though, I think it's OK to eat stuff that is generally considered as "bad" provided that you do so infrequently/in small amounts and with awareness. Balance in all things.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

12 (edited by nexus 2008-01-14 20:07:49)

Hi Daisy,

I reckon brussel sprouts are more evil than tomatoes.  I wish we could legislate against them.  I've been resisting all efforts to induce me to stand for public office myself because no- one has ever mentioned the brussel sprout issue.  Besides children that is... but they're too young to vote.  And problem is when they do reach voting age no- one is forcing them to eat brussel sprouts anymore so it's just not an issue when they do go to vote.  I think it is an issue but it's just so repressed in their child psychology that people can't confront it when they are adults.  It's a trauma that has been covered over and the memories repressed.   It was only through years of counselling that i was able to recall those dinners myself.  So now i can talk about brussel sprouts with a certain detachment.  A certain maturity.

Yes i know i can just choose not to eat brussel sprouts but i think it's one of those issues that people are just too traumatised to talk about and so somebody has to represent their interests.   They're obviously too frightened to confront it themselves.  I mean, have you ever seen or heard any groundswell of political pressure on this particular matter?  No.  See?  Has anyone on the Noble Realms ever dared to raise the subject?  No.  I've done the search here and i can assure you there are no hits for 'brussel sprouts'.  Yet they'll go on and on about those 2nd order issues of the NWO, spirituality, conspiracies etc while ignoring the one thing that really matters, the 900 lb elephant in the room,, brussel sprouts.   Brussel sprouts are one of those simmering issues .... no... boiling issues... that no- one has the courage to confront.  Oh i know there will always be someone expressing their love for brussel sprouts (with butter, a sprinkle of sea salt and a side steak) but there were nazi collaborators too weren't there?  I look forward to the day when we can burn brussel sprouts in the public square and i'm not talking about a barbeque.  I mean, sure, they can take our freedom and our dignity but (visualise me with blue stripes on my face and wearing a skirt) they will NEVER force us to eat brussel sprouts.

lol Oh Nexus, you do make me chuckle. That's just what I need on a dreary Monday afternoon.

Anyway, never mind tomatoes or brussels sprouts, what about the  fig? God hates figs, this site says so. http://www.godhatesfigs.com

JESUS REBUKED THE FIG AS AN EVIL ABOMINATION.
"Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he was hungry.
"And when he saw a fig tree by the road, he came to it, and found nothing on it, but leaves only, and said to it, Let no fruit grow on you henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
"And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon has the fig tree withered away!"
--Matthew 21:18-20

lol

*ahem* Anyway, I feel I ought to write something to address Millsley's original post, who must be wondering what the hell has happened to his thread. wink I personally don't take any supplements for isolated nutrients, as I tend to believe that they all work synergistically and are best absorbed from whole foods rather than a vitamin pill. But I would hardly consider myself an expert on that, so don't take my word for it. One thing I will say regarding this

Millsley wrote:

Omega-3/6 Supplement

is don't bother with the omega 6 - from my understanding we get way too much of that in modern diets anyway, so to redress the 3/6 balance it's best to only take extra of 3. That's what I read on Dr. Mercola's site, who appears to know what he's talking about when it comes to this.

Regarding exercise, I gotta say I'm not big on fitness routines although I do get my exercise through walking absolutely everywhere rather than using transport. And I do the 5 Tibetan rites too, which seem to be really effective and a good way to start the day. Are you feeling much healthier from doing all these things? Just don't burn yourself out by doing too much all at once!

Google - Consider the opposite:  If you care for your being and your body, then perhaps your cells will show appreciation for you selecting and eating foods which are nutritious.

Regarding the collective mind query - yes, to a degree, but mainly indirectly via your mind.

There are numerous distorted thought patterns which are passed around.  Everything in moderation is ok.  Sunlight is harmful. You may come up with a few more.

EFAs in the general diet are less than ideal due to chemical alteration both in production and food preparation.  Also alteration of the EFAs will occur excessively in the body if sufficient anti-oxidants are present. Note EFAs play a very important role in oxygen assimilation by each cell and as we know from Dr. Otto Warburg, lack of oxygen received by a cell eventually gives birth to a cancerous cell.

I've just started taking apple cider vinegar and the stuff is amazing it puts me in a good mood and gives me tons of energy, anyone else tried it ? Highly recommended.