31 (edited by nexus 2008-01-11 09:57:36)

Re: Weird knowledge comes to my mind

GenSek wrote:

Obviously, when the only criterion of truth is what YOU feel is true, then there is no point in any discussion. Case closed.

When the only criterion of truth is what YOU feel is true, then there's still a point to the discussion. Case open.  GenSek your statement is wide open for discussion because, as you state, it's not just about whether or not truth can be found in the bible, but whether it can be found anywhere.

I don't think i know it all.  Like almost everyone else on earth i am blind to some degree.  Sometimes a feeling can betray me and sometimes a feeling is spot on the truth.  So, the criterion for truth must be a TRUE feeling.  That is, a 'knowing' motivated by the true self.  Like any feeling, this can be sensed, felt.  But everyone says that don't they... ie.  "I know what i'm talking about."  That's what everyone says when they're telling you... "this is true". 

So, the only criterion for truth is ... "is it true?"   If it's true, then it is true.  Too simple.

The only way to know that truth, is by some degree of connection to the inner- spirit which already knows all truth.  Otherwise there can be no resonance with external reflections of truth... in scripture or anywhere else.  Yes, the resonance to truth can be 'felt'.  But the self- justification of error, based on the lower- ego, can also be felt.  So, feelings can betray... self and others.  Then how does anyone take another step on the path of truth when feelings can decieve?   Firstly, the path of self- knowledge brings one closer and closer to perfect knowledge of all things.  Therefore, put first things first.  "Seek and ye shall find"  Find what?  What is the goal?  The "kingdom of heaven" is the goal and that is within us as Jesus taught.  Seek the real- self and ye shall find it.  It is spiritual and can teach us all things and guide our way 

"Case closed" cannot direct one on the way.  It is a cul- desac.  A dead end which results in stagnation. 

Everyone has to keep moving on the path and try to work it all out.  This universe doesn't reveal all truth in an instant.  Truth has to be approached with a willingness to learn if it's veils are going to be removed... one by one.  That takes at least enough humility to recognise... "I don't know much"  but i am willing to learn.  I am willing to be led by the intuition of the spiritual self.  A person who knows that true- self to some degree can be moved by exterior reflections of truth.

Obviously this is very basic but only you can know the difference between truth and falsehood for yourself.  Nobody else can know something for you.  There is no way around that except to abrogate your own responsibility for decision making.  What is the alternative to working it out for yourself?  Have someone else tell you what is true and false?   The church can tell you, I can tell you and Joe Blow can tell you.  We are within our rights to tell you so and so.  But you have an obligation to decide yourself whether or not it is truth.   There is no alternative.  If you would maintain your sovereignty as an individual with freewill, what is the alternative but to judge for yourself?   Does that make truth relative because everyone must do that?  No.  It's just a fact that somethings will be true and some will not, regardless of what anyone says about anything.   Truth is a path which starts with you, relatively ignorant of truth, and ends with you, enlightened by truth.

edit: I was writing mine while titmouse posted.

GenSek wrote:
Hermit Brad wrote:

Don't throw the baby Jesus out with the bathwater.

If Jesus were really what he is claimed to be in the bible, he would never allow all the atrocities and manipulation to be done in his name. If he really existed, he is far from what the bible and the church say about him.

"No one is perfect, not even I".

Nature works in crazy ways. Nobody is a real 100% savior, I guess this is because we are all infinitely connected, good and bad. Remember also that the bible is written by man and claims to be the word of God. Nobody could possibly know everything Jesus said and did now a days because we weren't there. Heck, half of his life isn't even in the bible. Miracles happen every day to and by people. We don't know Jack Squat.

I always believed Jesus to be a metaphor of some sort anyways, and pronounced "He's Us" - the symbolization of how we are all connected and beings of God and light yet contstantly killing one another and ourselves because of our "Sin", and the only way to save ourselves is by "Forgiveness" and at least trying to learn from these things and evolve... but hey like I said... don't know Jacl Squat.

"I never look at it this way, but maybe kittens are harmed synchronistically when people of the dark side masturbate." - titmouse_

Lenore Lapin wrote:
GenSek wrote:
Hermit Brad wrote:

Don't throw the baby Jesus out with the bathwater.

If Jesus were really what he is claimed to be in the bible, he would never allow all the atrocities and manipulation to be done in his name. If he really existed, he is far from what the bible and the church say about him.

"No one is perfect, not even I".

Nature works in crazy ways. Nobody is a real 100% savior, I guess this is because we are all infinitely connected, good and bad. Remember also that the bible is written by man and claims to be the word of God. Nobody could possibly know everything Jesus said and did now a days because we weren't there. Heck, half of his life isn't even in the bible. Miracles happen every day to and by people. We don't know Jack Squat.

I always believed Jesus to be a metaphor of some sort anyways, and pronounced "He's Us" - the symbolization of how we are all connected and beings of God and light yet contstantly killing one another and ourselves because of our "Sin", and the only way to save ourselves is by "Forgiveness" and at least trying to learn from these things and evolve... but hey like I said... don't know Jacl Squat.

I agree. I see Christ Jesus as a symbolic representation of the Higher Self within each human being.

"There cannot be progress without expression. There cannot be expression without separation. There cannot be separation without progress."-Ouroboros