Re: Alignment With Darkness

feedbaxlow wrote:

when we are willing to look at it... observe it non-judgmentally
face it respectfully without fear or stigma
the shadow loses it's power

I think we are on the same page here but Negativity always exists whether you believe it does or not.  You dont want to get rid of your shadow, you want to embrace it, getting rid of it is impossible.

No offense taken, Piece. Also, no condescension intended. I was still writing my post, I guess, when you posted your others. I merely enjoy Nexus' writing.

And I humbly submit that we might all be trying to point out the same thing. Darkness and negativity are objectively there--they do exist. Yet when you focus inwardly on your most profound truth, you realize, as you have said, that the duality is illusion. And as feedbaxlow said, when we can reach that realization, the shadow loses some of its power to utterly knock you down and off course.

You are perfectly correct when you say we don't need to get rid of our shadow, but to embrace it--transmute it--so that we can learn the lessons it exists to teach us. That's how we grow.

Not that I know everything... or very much. wink Just my $.02.

Peace

Look... Wonder... Remember... Know

Piece_ofnothing wrote:
feedbaxlow wrote:

when we are willing to look at it... observe it non-judgmentally
face it respectfully without fear or stigma
the shadow loses it's power

I think we are on the same page here but Negativity always exists whether you believe it does or not.  You dont want to get rid of your shadow, you want to embrace it, getting rid of it is impossible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think there has to be some-what of a hierarchy.  Observing the shadow non-judgementally is not contra-distinctive to embracing it.  Even when an accord is reached between the two, one of them ultimately has to be subordinate. 

That now leads me however, to situational ethics.  If, in a particular situation I may want my shadow side to dominate, am I now entering with this thinking into a loop in logic?  Perhaps ultimately it is the Middle Pillar that rules.  Would it be Malchuth, Yesod, Tiphereth, Daat, or Keter?

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

Antaeus wrote:

Would it be Malchuth, Yesod, Tiphereth, Daat, or Keter?

Ok I have no Idea what your talking about, What language do you speak?

Sorry, I assume everyone on this forum is familiar with Kaballah and the Tree of Life.  Of course, what happens when I assume is, I make an ass u me.  I just threw that last part in thinking someone might go further with it, someone more familiar with Kaballah, or even through the use of another Spiritual genre, to point out a middle way.  We talk about people being extremely good and people being extremely evil.  Then a person will say this, "the person doing evil does not see himself as being evil." 

I suppose a description of this is one who thinks he is killing an evil person.  Then we have the position that we should embrace the shadow.  Which do I embrace? the one killing the evil person or the evil person? because it doesn't matter to me if the person doing the killing, thinks he is good killing evil.  That is his opinion.  So they can both be considered alligned with darkness, if one is evil and the other is a killer. 

I find it easier to see myself in between the extreme good, and the extreme evil.  Both are a bit distasteful to me.  I don't always like to eat pure sugar, as I also don't like to drink pure vinegar.  If I have to veer to one or to the other, as situations might call for me to do, I have to do something before returning to the middle.  I can't simply return to the middle as if it is something casually done.  If I go very far either way, there is ritual necessary before returning to the middle.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

51 (edited by nexus 2007-12-30 19:02:04)

Piece_ofnothing,

I made a distinction which you hadn't made.  It is possible that the distiction went without saying in your post but by your reply to me it appears not.  That's all very well considering we don't have to agree.

I tried to make the point, which sometimes get missed, that "duality consciousness" (ie. 'good and evil' from the POV of the spiritually blind lower- ego) is in total, "evil" because it is "anti"- God in it's manifestation.  It vibrates in toto, at a lower level than spiritual consciousness.  It has become an external mask which produces a personal hierarchy of "goods" and "evils" which leaves out God altogether.  That is the distinction that sometimes gets missed because some people like to throw EVERYTHING together ( God consciousness and "duality consciousness") and then decide that ALL of it constitutes "duality" and that NONE of it is any more or less valid or valuable.  If that's not your own perception then ok.  Not all my comments are directed at your few words but at an idea i've seen around NR and elsewhere.

To restate it the way i see it :   

(1)          God =  "God consciousness" = True light

(2)  Anti- God = "duality consciousness" (ie. 'good and evil' from the POV of the lower- ego) = Darkness

Others may have their own words for these distinctions of consciousness and their vibrations.

But sometimes (1) and (2) get thrown together in order to include 'God' in the "duality" equation.  That i believe is mistaken and from that, the next mistake follows.  ie... That the lower- consciousness of "darkness" is somehow a necessary balance to "God" consciousness and is somehow an essential polarity within ourselves and the universe.  Yet true universal polarities are complimentary and allow for the flow of spiritual energy between them.... ie. yin and yang everywhere.  The shadow is not essential and is actually an impediment to the flow of spiritual energies into matter and the self- realisation of the spiritual- Self.   The shadow can be proven un- essential by self transmutation. 

So, "getting rid" of the shadow is not impossible.  If we can align our soul to the inner Light, that spirit will flow into the shadowy regions of consciousness and transform the dense energies back into spiritual light.  Magic.  That encounter is the ultimate embrace of the shadow by the spirit and only one force comes out alive.  It happens in increments until ... 
                                                             "every farthing is paid"
                                                             "every jot and title of the law is fulfilled"
                                                             "the last trump sounds"
                                                         ...."oh death, where is thy sting?  where is thy victory now?"

Millenium wrote:

Happy New Year Bucky Buddy.  You kept me smiling when the dark rain drops fell.  Mr. Metaphor, you were my umbrella!

http://www.weshow.com/uk/p/21561/cary_g … re_the_top

[center][size=16]Thank you Brother Millenium, defender of the Semi-Aquatic! May the light of the Master's Wetland Creation forever guide your path...[/size][/center]

[center]http://www.nwo.it/illuminati.gif
[size=24]Bucky Saves![/center][/size]

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/1014_millenium_actress_120x160.jpg

Review of the Semi-Aquatic Life:

Millenium the actress was just too somnolent and unexciting, performing on a beehive set avoiding the real ocean by using puppet animation to fight the veils of darkness.  Anemic humor against the  majesterium ego can not be fought be 50's tv kiddie show conceits. Millenium, half strangled by the tongue so obstrusivly in it's cheek should bid adieu, retire from her soporific actions and realise she is just another character trapped in the bizarre would-be-comic quest. As our good friend Pictus once wrote, "good-bye and good riddance." Alas, not even her good friend Bucky could save her performance.
Gurgle, gurgle, alas, dear Bucky I knew thee well!

Ok what I am trying to say is that we are under siege by "Flyers" as mentioned by Carlos Castaneda. It gives us our beliefs, our mind is a foreign installation.

"The sorcerers' revolution," he continued, "is that they refuse to honor agreements in which they did not participate. Nobody ever asked me if I would consent to be eaten by beings of a different kind of awareness. My parents just brought me into this world to be food, like themselves, and that's the end of the story."

nexus wrote:

So, "getting rid" of the shadow is not impossible.  If we can align our soul to the inner Light, that spirit will flow into the shadowy regions of consciousness and transform the dense energies back into spiritual light.  Magic.  That encounter is the ultimate embrace of the shadow by the spirit and only one force comes out alive.  It happens in increments until ... 
                                                             "every farthing is paid"
                                                             "every jot and title of the law is fulfilled"
                                                             "the last trump sounds"
                                                         ...."oh death, where is thy sting?  where is thy victory now?"

Ok I am not saying its not impossible , maybe it is.  All I am saying is that getting rid of the shadow is a trap, one does not want to get rid of it , just because someone thinks they got rid of the shadow does not mean it is not there they are just deluding themselves.

56 (edited by Millsley 2008-01-01 03:51:08)

The Masks

[youtube]GY3Fvh3STSo[/youtube]

57 (edited by titmouse_ 2008-01-01 12:33:58)

Millsley wrote:

The Masks

[youtube]GY3Fvh3STSo[/youtube]

Thanks so much for posting this wonderful video.  The posting of this is profoundly synchronistic for me.  If you would care to follow-up and read the details you can follow this link to another website (kittyradio.com: spirituality forum) to read my final thread there, and my final post--which coincidentally, your posting is a timely and appreciated addition to my project; giving me the final creative aspect that it needed.

http://kittyradio.com/soapbox/spiritual … post940233   

"Life is a dynamic and magnificent melding of colors and pigments and textures into one infinite piece of artwork; the expression itself an exercise in divine Kosmic potential, combining energy, spirit, and motion;  painted with loving care on the canvas of space-time"
~~carefulcarpenter (a contemporary paladin)

Fun fact: Great Tits are common in Europe

To know love is to know trust; to know oneself is to know truth
~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

Lovely conclusion.. at first I thought I was going to have to run out the door screaming

TECH SUPPORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/movie/vanilla_sky/22.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/vanilla_sky.htm&h=535&w=800&sz=31&hl=en&start=16&tbnid=OO7pM7bpzgCoNM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dvanilla%2Bsky%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

"I never look at it this way, but maybe kittens are harmed synchronistically when people of the dark side masturbate." - titmouse_

Millenium wrote:

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/1014_ … 20x160.jpg

Review of the Semi-Aquatic Life:

Millenium the actress was just too somnolent and unexciting, performing on a beehive set avoiding the real ocean by using puppet animation to fight the veils of darkness.  Anemic humor against the  majesterium ego can not be fought be 50's tv kiddie show conceits. Millenium, half strangled by the tongue so obstrusivly in it's cheek should bid adieu, retire from her soporific actions and realise she is just another character trapped in the bizarre would-be-comic quest. As our good friend Pictus once wrote, "good-bye and good riddance." Alas, not even her good friend Bucky could save her performance.
Gurgle, gurgle, alas, dear Bucky I knew thee well!

David: What's been the secret to how you've managed to keep a sense of humor your whole life?

Arlen: By not trying to block it all the time, in the interest of being taken seriously. I know that sometimes if I joke people just click the switch right off, they don't want to hear anything else. Well, it's their loss.

David: Why do you think it is that people tend to take life so seriously?

Arlen: Because they think they are life. They think that they're most of it, and that the world's mostly their little soap-opera. This is especially true for adolescents and people in their early twenties. They tend to feel that way. There's nothing else worth thinking about except the twenty-five feet that surrounds you. And as long as you've got such narrow view, you're not going to have a good sense of humor-- because that demands perspective.