16 (edited by titmouse_ 2007-12-18 21:24:41)

Re: how do you meet people like us?

All of what you bring up can be onerously real in one's life yet one may not be able to see through the veil of illusions themselves.  Others attempt to define us in ways that fit their own paradigms of the "real" world, yet we may or may not find this to be a helpful effort. If we attempt to adapt to the perceptions and realities that others offer us we may only tentatively appear to be embracing other "like-minded" people. On our journey we will meet similar thinking people between 3% and 97% of the time, for I have read by reputable sources that men and women for example, share a sense of common thinking on around 97% of life's issues, yet spend most of their time focussing on the 3% difference.  When we think outside of the box and verbalize these thoughts around others we will find that people become very uncomfortable and defensive of their invested world views. Of course much of the extemporaneous external processing of ideas around others does not engender support for individual thinking.  If one speaks in-tune with what others want to believe one is much more successful in any structure of people.

This is a valid observation we must consider now in our "brave new world"; all of our personal expressions shared on the internet can be viewed by people of all minds.  We have been granted the freedom to speak from our subjective viewpoint, yet must bear the onerous weight of self-responsibility when we express ourselves.  Whether in person in a local Coffee Emporium speaking from the base of experience in life with much more highly educated and well-read companions, or sharing insights on an esoteric-natured website such as Noble Realms, we may be held accountable for our personal self-expression;  all of which may be held to extreme scrutiny under various lights with less than objective filters.  As a poet I expressed myself through my art as the "carefulcarpenter", and certainly gave fair respect to the source of external creative wisdom for which I cannot take for certain to be anything less than the intervention of a higher authority; and this energy is not something I have direct control over, such as I often feel is possible with the personal intellect.  As a community member I expressed my feelings and thoughts about issues pertaining to philosophical approaches to life and spiritual experiences which shared similarities with many of the experiences that others expressed.  Coincidentally those who overhead these conversations, or those who read posts on messageboards, often do not willingly share these sorts of issues with the general group.  I think it only  a small percentage of the public who would be willing to attempt to discuss these things openly. It is not surprizing to discover that I have been irritating to many with my unsolicited comments and insights, but I have always welcomed direct comments and opinions people express back to me in a personal "helpful" manner.  When it appears to me that they come with a stern finger pointing at my faults and implied deficiencies then I try to look beyond the accusation and into their wounding. Was it me who unintentionally wounded them by my expressions, or was it their repressed rage(amygdala) that was triggered associated with totally separate past traumas because they read my posts or listened in on coffee house conversations?

I love to read aphorisms by experienced people. They do not have to be famous or successful people for me to intuit wisdom through the filters for which I have gained much wisdom throughout my life.  I know sometimes it is the gardener who sees with more clarity than the clients I work for. It is often the quiet introvert in coffee emporiums that see a more accurate picture of the dialectic scene.  Sometimes someone will pm me, or pull me aside away from the Coffee Emporium and gladly thank me and encourage me to keep up "the good fight". I guess some people are more able to identify with the struggling carpenter/martyr because they too have witnessed the same treatment when they tried to grow, or when they tried to make a difference in the world.  People who were wise to keep silent and "fit in".

I thought I would learn from experience how some people view me and then turn it around and try to see a part of myself in them. This sort of "lesson experience" has taught me an amazing amount of tacit wisdom. No university will accredit  me for my work(I'm so poor in spelling, keyboarding, and proper written language skills) but I feel like I have gained a Ph.D. in "tacit studies" in the process.  These insights of mine come from no other source than the deeper region of our psyches we label with a multitude of names and concepts. I continue on my journey of discovery and hope with all due respect that the internet will be recognized for its immense potential to bring more of the unknown collective unconscious into the consciousness of all sentient beings. Of course it is a painful situation for those who fear most those uncomfortable hidden aspects of themselves for which they only see in others, the ones they refer to as "crazy", "weird", "insane", "evil", "dangerous", "troll", "shit-stirrer","arrogant", "egotistical", "outsider", "terrorist", "troublemaker", "abuser", "them"........."enemy"........"other".

With such rampant tribalistic labelling how is it that we think there are any "like-minded" people anywhere to be found?  It doesn't take long before we slip-up and expose a view that rests in the realm of the 3%, and we no longer appear as a solid citizen of the tribe.

"We build a wall around our hearts one lie by one lie until we no longer trust anyone; especially not ourselves"
~~carefulcarpenter

"Out of sincere respect and courage our true friends tell us what we need to know; with the ease of convenience others tell us what we want to hear"
~~carefulcarpenter

Fun fact: Great Tits are common in Europe

To know love is to know trust; to know oneself is to know truth
~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/1014_lightswitch_sm.jpg

Notes on Great Tit:

Generally, the Great Tit is doing well, both expanding its range and increasing in abundance.

It is, like other tits, a vocal bird, and has a large variety of calls, of which the most familiar is a "teacher, teacher", also likened to a squeaky wheelbarrow wheel.

Beautiful, titmouse, beautiful!  Keep on singing your song!  You are the mouse that gently roars.  I am grateful for all you write.  It keeps my light on and reminds me to walk the walk.  Thank-you

18 (edited by titmouse_ 2007-12-18 14:16:03)

"And the rain gently runs down upon the cliffs of my shadow face
I have gracefully journeyed amongst the great ancients;
with grand affection I have walked with Ravel, Ian, and Dement,
and my face is awash with their loving tears"
~~carefulcarpenter

Thank you.

~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

Let The Mystery Be

Iris Dement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Du5FguDSzE

20 (edited by nexus 2007-12-18 21:48:29)

A poem from Sylvester the Cat :

"There was a fine poet named mouthe
  who some folkth thought was a louthe
  When he putsth pen to paper
  what will be his nextht caper
   It'th sure to bring down the houthe!

~~ Thylvethster   [spittle not intended]

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/1014_clever-cat1.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/NIM/PL132~Cat-and-Mouse-Posters.jpg

titmouse_ having fun with a new friend!

~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

Do You Think the Circus Will Hire Us?

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/1014_acrobats.jpg

Great poem nexus!  Can I read it at my poetry reading group  on Friday?

Circus?   I love the circus!  I'll practice my juggling.  smile

and....thanks to Lyra for asking such tough questions. smile  We need her to interview Hilary C on NR!!

~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

Millenium wrote:

Do You Think the Circus Will Hire Us?

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/1014_acrobats.jpg

Haha yea I worked there last summer.  I'll see what I can do... from what I've seen... you're all in! wink

"Beyond the stars a new world awaits me now" - Wintersun

Sure titmouse.  Just be sure to make umbrellas and tissues available.  Don't want to offend anyone.

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/1014_th_dscf1014.jpg

I got the job!  Thanks, NM!

28 (edited by titmouse_ 2007-12-30 08:43:54)

"It can be a challenging and lonesome existence for one not well-connected to the social fabric of one's local community; a bit like a butterfly circumventing the spider web"
~~carefulcarpenter

smile

http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/slides/butterfly.jpg

~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

29 (edited by Millenium 2007-12-30 11:38:02)

http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/1014_birdcage.jpg

Muhammad Iqbal

Make Self Strong, and Thou Wilt Endure

Thou hast being, and art thou afraid of not-being?
O foolish one, thy understanding is at fault.
Since I am acquainted with the harmony of Life.
I will tell thee  what is the secret of Life -
To sink into thyself like the pearl.
Then to emerge from thine inward solitude:
To collect sparks beneath the ashes.
And become a flame and dazzle men's eyes.

Move round thyself! Be a circling flame!
What is life but to be freed from moving round others
And to regard thyself as the Holy Temple?
Beat thy wings and escape from the attractions of Earth:
Like birds, be safe from falling.