Re: NASA 'moon landing' tape

Lyra, thanks for the "why does the sun do this" lesson 101. big_smile

In man's analysis and understanding of himself, it is as well to know from whence he came as whither he is going.   Edgar Cayce

Beliefs are tools for social conditioning, rather than expressions of inner realization or inner truth.   unknown
Ad Verecundiam

Who needs libraries anymore?  That's a good question.
But notice how easily data can be deleted or altered in cyberspace.
At least books tell it like it used to be with hard printed copies.
Farenheit 451 here we come.

Tom Paine wrote:

Oh, it's all in good fun. smile  I love books myself.  But it's just funny to think back on the 'good old days' when people would go to the library to find something out.  Now, it's all about the internet.   Instanteous information!  It's amazing.  You can find out anything and look up anything in 2 seconds flat with a couple of clicks.  Yesterday here at work one of the guys in the company calls me up and is like, "Can you tell me where area code 347 is?"  He had more answer than he could ever hope for in under 10 seconds!!!   Hopped on google, and soon I was reading the Wikipedia entry to him about 347, and how it's a NYC area code for the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island and Brooklyn, used as an overlay for area code 718 and 917, for cell phones, pagers and mobiles.    !!!!!!!   10 years ago, I would have had to tell him, "Okay, let me research that and I'll have to call you back..." then combing through the area code map of the US at the front of every phone book.  But even that's not sufficient.  So he would have been s.o.l, most likely.  wink  Not anymore though.  Welcome to the 21st century.  The 'net has changed the face of EVERYTHING in our reality, in so many ways.  Anyway, enough of my "marveling at the wonders of the internet" ramble.  big_smile

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

19 (edited by Pinkrlyq 2006-08-24 11:56:20)

Tom Paine wrote:

Amen!!  Reminds me of that scene in Star Wars Episode 2 where Obi-Wan is trying to locate the cloners planet and it doesn't show up in the archives.  The librarian's response is exactly what we're headed for, "If it's not in the archives, it does not exist." hmm

Actually, I should clarify... I agree with you, Lyra, that the internet is an invaluable resource for so much information, and I use it nearly every day for a myriad of information, too. 

What actually infuriates me is the predictability of the human race to take something wonderful and FUBAR it.  There's a large percentage of the population that uses valuable resources for their own twisted agendas.  Some country's governments (including our own) are already throwing fits about how they are unable to "regulate" (aka. control) the information on the internet.  And slowly, but surely, the internet will become the only source that most people go to for information.  But that information is quickly becoming "sanitized" by various concerned organizations.  I just hope it doesn't become a mecca for disinformation that becomes "the truth" in the future.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

Hey, I'm the laziest person alive when it comes to looking up stuff.  The internet is just too
dang convenient.  So is Sonic and Burger King and Taco Hell and the Golden Crutches.

I heard a guy on an organic cooking show say something which proves true in more than
cooking.  "Convenience is bad for the soul."

Also, in George Orwell's 1984, information which no longer served Big Brother was stuffed
down the "memory tube" to disappear.

By the way, it may be colder the higher you get in the atmosphere, but it get's hotter when
you think about the radiation that the thinner atmosphere is not shielding you from.

Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread.

TP

This is a really interesting video about the moon landing footage.  It's a hoax though, I had to watch the whole thing before I figured that out.  It poses a very intersting question.  Perhaps the footage of the moon was faked, but we really did go there.  The disclosure project video talks about how the apollo astronaughts were the ones that discovered the small base on the "dark side of the moon" perhaps the removal of those structures explains why all the moon photos apear to be doctored. 

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 1829859642

"...But Nothing is Lost:" "Nothing lasts... nothing lasts. Everything is changing into something else. Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track. William Blake said nothing is lost and I believe that we all move on." - Terrence McKenna - Shpongle - But Nothing Is Lost

Article on faked moon photo from China:

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ … 95870.aspx