Topic: The 4-Hour Workweek

http://fourhourworkweek.com/

Definition: Target Monthly Income (TMI), Getting Started, Dreamlining, Fear-setting

Elimination: 80/20 Principle, Parkinson's Law, Low-Information Diet, Interrupting Interruption

Automation: Outsourcing Life, Muse Creation and Testing, Virtual Business Structures

Liberation: Remote Work Negotiation, Killing Your Job, Mini-Retirements, Filling the Void

"The universe is on fire with wonder, beauty, and ecstasy." - From the Undines to Humanity

Re: The 4-Hour Workweek

I'm loving this stuff at the moment. I'm listening to the audio program but it hasn't finished downloading yet.

"The universe is on fire with wonder, beauty, and ecstasy." - From the Undines to Humanity

What's funny is that he coined a term called the New Rich (NR) big_smile

Those are the people who have abundant time and are mobile.

4 (edited by gapz 2007-10-31 07:02:25)

"Chapter 12 – Disappearing Act: How to Escape the Office"

hildegarde, have you finished this chapter yet ? i 'd like to learn.

Should we use the door and our feet or is it more complicated ?

thanks

"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
Pablo Picasso

Hi gapz

I've got the ebook now and I've absorbed a lot of the concepts. The ideas are excellent if you want to get out of the rat race.
It's geared toward people in the 'Results' economy rather than the 'Time and Effort' economy. If you can show your employer
that you are generating results, maybe even greater results outside of your 9-5 hell, you could be at home, or on holidays.
As long as you are being productive and generating the results wanted by your boss/supervisor, why should you go to work
in the first place? Of course there could be problems as some jobs require face time, but there are technologies out there to
help solve this problem. And it also depends on the job too. If you're a waitress, it would be kind of hard to implement these
concepts.

The book is about freeing your time, so you can join the NR and do what you want to do.

You can escape the office by going on a trip to Peru, but you don't have to tell your boss tongue. As long as you are producing
results who cares where you go or what you're doing.

Yang

Hi Hildegarde,

From that perspective i am working in the 'time and effort' economy,
so no mather what i do or don't do, i still get the same salary. Most
important here seems to be present at the office from 9to5.

But i can see how it can work if you're in the 'results' economy.
Sounds very possible to me.

btw, I like your idea of escaping the office ! cool

thanks for sharing

"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
Pablo Picasso