Re: Feeling shit as a way of life.

i hear smiling and laughing can help too. smile

(in that mind>body>spirit way)

Thanks all, I'll put some of those ideas into practice (probably). Starting with the cheaper approaches because anything that is remotely healthy is bumped up in price. 1 liter Organic milk = £1.09 2 liters non-organic milk = £1.29. Argh. The organic tastes like milk 'should' taste, I remember the taste of good milk from about 8 years ago, don't want to think about what is in the non-organic milk nowadays.

"Violence solves everything. If it's not solving your problems, you aren't using enough of it."

I didn't know there was such a thing as a juicing blender.  ape-x, that site is hilarious!

I've done several cleanses before, and I'm planning another one for the week of September 16th.  I'm doing a ten day, four-part fast:

(1) No solid foods (only fruit and veggie juices)

(2) No sex

(3) No media; no books, radio, TV, or internet.  I'm allowing myself journaling and music without lyrics; although I will have to use e-mail for work. 

(4) No negative emotion

Additionally, I'm getting a massage, an energy healing, and possibly a psychic reading, commiting to meditating an hour per day and to write down all my dreams during this time.

I'm mostly relying on the "Master Cleanse" (organic lemonade sweetened with maple syrup and slightly spiced with cayenne), but I'll do other juices, too, to keep nutrients in my body.  Potato juice, though the texture is gross, is fantastic for energy.  I also take a little flax oil or olive oil in some water to keep fats in my body.  ...The greatest challenge is keeping yourself regular.  You need lots of laxative teas, bulk fiber, and sometimes I've needed to drink saline water.  Keeping regular is the only thing that keeps you feeling good.

I've gone ten days before.  And I've done seven and five-day stints.  After two days, for me, it's remarkably easy to not eat.  After two days I'm not even hungry anymore.  But, then again, I am taking in nutrients--I don't think I would ever do a water-only fast.

I don't feel like shit right now, but I feel the need to cleanse.  I've had allergies through August and cleansing, for me, clears up any allergies in about 24 hours.

You can't change a tiger's stripes,
but you can avoid its teeth.

20 (edited by Nyarlathotep 2007-09-07 13:06:16)

Seeing as how we are products of our environment it's no wonder many of us feel like shit. I mean look around.  It's a good thing to recognize it though and not pretend it's not there rather than try to live in la la land constantly. I know a girl who lives in a world of sunshine farts who when another friend of mine expressed his grief over his daughter being molested by her stepdad she said "it's ok. Dont worry about it, you need to just stop focusing on it. Focus on happy things".

This thread really speaks to me.   I feel like shit most of the time.  Every now and then I gather up the strength to make a huge change in my diet, lots of fruits and veggies, no dairy, no caffeine, no wheat, sometimes no meat.   The change in my health is immediate and amazing, but it is like I can't sustain the change.    Eating truly healthy takes a lot of work, time, and planning, but even worse psychologically all those foods I gave up have a lot of personal meaning and history.    Also like someone here wrote you slay one demon but there are six left to weaken you.   Enough other factors are present in my life that weaken me that it is hard to put enough energy into such drastic dietary change for long enough to make it permanent.    And yet doing it gradually doesn't work either because gradual change doesn't yield as much obvious benefit so then I feel only the sacrifice.   

So I'm still working on the willpower bit.  But to address the original point of the thread, yes it is possible to feel like a kid again and healthy and well but it requires a huge ongoing commitment which the surrounding society will not support.    Anybody got ideas on how to find all that willpower?

I think we try to subvert what we know we possess, willpower is a matter of simply reclaiming the power that has been 'washed' out of us since we were all old enough to be trained by society.

Remind yourself it's a game, and yes there is no choice but to play, but you have the ability to bend, or break those rules. I try to see it as a game of chess, only there is no edge to this board, those boundaries are illusion. In seeing the game for what it is, much power may be gained.

Puff up the chest once in a while, and just say to yourself, "I am not going to be pissed on today!"

J

Happy to have been a part

Pictus wrote:

You are welcome, I only use the filter for citrus fruits, before took out the seeds and husk.

Forgot to say that lemon is with the rusk smile
Lemon juice turn alkaline in the body, but is not much good for
everyday consume, something about depleting calcium...

Bye, Pictus

--------------------
http://pictus.co.nr

You could grow wheatgrass. Its not difficult to do, plenty of info on the net and also rather cheap.
Its a good cleansing for your body, good for the liver. The liver likes green stuff.

"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
Pablo Picasso