1 (edited by leisuresuitlissy 2007-03-14 16:34:48)

Topic: How do I get sacked?

Hello, I need to get sacked from my current job, and am looking for ideas about how to do this without doing anything that could be construed as misconduct.

Long story:

I signed a contract saying I would give 2 months notice, I've been at this place for about 20 months. I have found a new job, given notice, but my new employer isn't prepared to wait two months and my current employer isn't prepared to let me leave early. And if I leave after one month (which is my intention), they can refuse to pay me my annual leave,  and I am in serious financial poo and NEED it.

Oh another thing, another guy has resigned and they've waived the two months notice for him.

I have been given no work to do, haven't for months. I've been openly surfing the net. I come in late and leave early every day.

I would be very greatful for any ideas.

Thanks
Melissa

Re: How do I get sacked?

Could you stomach picking your nose (or worse) in front of boss/ co-workers?  Seriously, do something that makes them WANT to see your backside going through the door.  Stop bathing maybe, or eat lots of garlic and onions.

lissy, not sure what the smoking policies are like in Oz, but maybe -even if you don't smoke- light something up.....  big_smile       J

Happy to have been a part

Hmmm thanks to both of you - great suggestions.

I do smoke, and smoking is very unpopular in Australia.

Also it occurred to me that I could start helping myself to the office beer.

Woooooooooooooooooooo

No need to now, I've just had a meeting and they've agreed to let me go early and pay out my leave entitlement.

I've spent so much time worrying about this.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway.

Congrats lissy, hope your new position is much more "suited" to you...  smile     J

smile thanks.

It will be.  It's a design position which is what I'm qualified to do/good at.  My current job is programming.  Blah.

Wait a minute!     Office beer?!   We don't have that in the US... what the hell!   Are you sure about this career move lissy?     ;P    J

big_smile
Believe me, it's worth buying your own beer...

I used to work for a Russian shipping company who had office vodka!

Good times...

Thank-you ape-x my thoughts exactly...heck I'd be okay with the Russians too for that matter.

Peace,
Teddy

"It means the Matrix can't tell you who you are" - Trinity

Show up drunk for work or steal something and get caught.

Get super religious and try to convert everyone to your religion but make sure it was one of those that worships aliens as gods. You will create so much tension that people will ask for you to be let go.

big_smile

:d

Synchronicity. smile

We're all butterflies flapping our wings and changing the world.

Crack onto your boss's partner.

Pull a stunt like in "Fight Club."

I used to know a guy that was so depressed at work that the boss asked him to please resign because he was bringing everyone down.