Topic: Ron Paul for President?

What do you guys think of Ron Paul? I keep reading about him on many alternative news sites as it seems the mainstream media is giving him a hard time or ignoring him. Do you think of him as a

great hope for America, maybe a man of trust and dignity and a threat to TPTB who could actually make a difference or is he just another part of the matrix of deception? Does he have a hope of

making president or will he be stifled out of existence by the government and media?

Not as clever as I think I am

Re: Ron Paul for President?

They're all in on it.  All of them.  If they're on a podium, paraded in front of you, they're in on it.   

I turn my back on all of it and walk the other way.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

I don't think they are all in on it, could be, but even if by the slightest chance (which is very slight) he was to win he would be blackmailed, bought off or mind-wiped into being yet another puppet.

Novice, I am always struck how people from outside the US, like yourself, are either more aware, or more interested than the average US citizen.... in any of this. Why?

By that I don't mean why are most Americans zombified (we know the reasons for that, at least a few), but I don't think the average American cares in the least about how other countries' governments operate, and I don't think they would have any desire to investigate.

Perusing the alt news sites doesn't explain it, because you are British, yes?

I wonder if you could shine a bit of light on that for us Novice, is it because NR is "based" in the US?

Or is it because you are taught to be a part of the global community, whereas the US for the most part seems to hardly acknowledge other nations' part in it?
A little bit of the superiority complex, which is subtly engrained in western culture?

Would like to hear thoughts on this, no matter where you live......

As for Mr. Paul, I think he will go the way of Ross Perot in 1992, creating much enthusiasm and hope for change, only to be a faded memory. It is so incredibly sad to see again and again, I could imagine it being that sad for a non American, because our idiotic foreign policy does affect the world, in ways we may never fully understand.

Is that part of it?                                             J

Happy to have been a part

4 (edited by calpamu 2007-07-02 18:38:57)

I withdraw my previous post because it might be seen as contentious or stupid.;)

5 (edited by kid mongo 2007-07-02 18:33:27)

I'm with Lyra. None of them are worth a shit. Millionaires beholden to the Corporations. Our next boss? Same as the Old Boss.

There will be two Ages. The first: The Age of Power. The next: The Age of Equality.

Heard of this Mike Gravel guy? Although the odds are good he is just another puppet/actor put on for show, at least he puts some truth into it.

"These candidates scare me!"

The early start of the campaigning and the seemingly huge selection of candidates seems rather suspicious though, anything about that?

Novice, I am always struck how people from outside the US, like yourself, are either more aware, or more interested than the average US citizen.... in any of this. Why?

By that I don't mean why are most Americans zombified (we know the reasons for that, at least a few), but I don't think the average American cares in the least about how other countries' governments operate, and I don't think they would have any desire to investigate.

Perusing the alt news sites doesn't explain it, because you are British, yes?

I wonder if you could shine a bit of light on that for us Novice, is it because NR is "based" in the US?

Or is it because you are taught to be a part of the global community, whereas the US for the most part seems to hardly acknowledge other nations' part in it?
A little bit of the superiority complex, which is subtly engrained in western culture?

Would like to hear thoughts on this, no matter where you live......

Ape-x, in answer to your question, I have no idea if I represent the average Brit or non-US citizen. I suspect not as most of my friends and family probably don't even know there's a US election

next year let alone have any knowledge of the candidacy.

Personally I've developed a keen interest in keeping abrest of world events as I'm looking for any signs of the promised world changes (the positive ones) starting to occur.

The US is the obvious place to watch being the most influential country on the world stage and any changes to US leadership or policy are bound to have global repercussions.

The US still does lead the world on most levels so I don't blame US citizens for not being too interested in the affairs of other nations but coming from a small, overcrowded second rate country that

seems to tow the line and back up every US foreign policy descision, regardless of how insane, I personally want to know who our next leader-by-proxy is going to be.

Here in the UK we have just got ourselves a new Primeminister...I don't know if thats big news in the US...probably not as what difference will it make to you guys? However, the US elections are

big news here in the UK (and the rest of the world) and the BBC and other mainstream media devotes most of it's programming on election day to covering US elections.

I'm not US bashing here as I think the US is an amazing and beautiful nation and if any country has the potential to quickly and effectively lead the world out of the insanity it has spiralled in to it is

you guys, but I guess at the end of the day I'm sadly forced to agree with Lyra here...

They're all in on it.  All of them.  If they're on a podium, paraded in front of you, they're in on it.   

sad

Not as clever as I think I am

Novice wrote:

but I guess at the end of the day I'm sadly forced to agree with Lyra here...

sad

Yeah, it is an unfortunate viewpoint, probably more so for the older folks out there than people of the younger generations, only because the older folks usually are still heavily invested in a version of America (and this reality....) that no longer exists, whereas the younger generation typically are more cynical and jaded.  My cynicism, if you even want to call it that, I prefer "realistic" wink stems from the research I've done about how this planet operates as well as my own personal experience with "the weird stuff," which has proven to me that this reality is not what they're telling us it is.  It doesn't operate the way we believe it does, and the ones that we're told are in charge are not the ones controlling things here.  There is technology on this planet that we're told doesn't exist and isn't possible by the known laws of physics....but it does exist, and there's a lot of weirdness that goes on that's something straight out of a movie.

If I stop and think about it all too long during my normal day it can be a bit frustrating and I wouldn't be able to go about my daily activities, including work.  So I don't normally think about it all too deeply, only here and there, like when I'm writing about it.   But to think about this stuff and to have actual proof for it is to burst the bubble of the mainstream world...including its politics and players.  There was a thread on NR in late 2005 regarding voting and the same concepts I'm talking about here.  I'll see if I can find it.....

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
-----

lyra wrote:

I guess I can't understand how complete political abstinence contributes to the greater good. It seems to me that one of the facets of global awakening still might be incremental changes in political leadership. If that's not the case, or at least if it's not the case that whatever positive changes we're experiencing in mass consciousness will eventually reflect themselves in the political hierarchy, then there's nothing proactive left for us to do besides hunker down, share our cosmic insights and wait for the apocalypse...and maybe that is how far gone it is. I don't know, but I'm curious if that's where you're coming from.

~~~~~

The PTB certainly seem to care. They control the media to control the flow of information, not only to program their matrix into our minds, but also to control every level of political leadership. It's that hierarchy that facilitates their power. Whoever's behind all this understands the balance of energy that levitates their thrones is tenuous at best. The masters are few, the slaves are many. The day the slaves wake up to the fact that they've duped and decide to no longer work for the masters is the day that system dies (aka Soviet bloc). 

To me they seem quite savvy to the karmic principles involved. All those empires that forced the impoverished to work for the wealthy have fallen, and the ones that still do this (China, N Korea etc) will surely fall. "They" know, by experience, that these tactics will not work in the long run, so the new tactic is deception and the subversion of free will. They'd much rather we give back the Bill of Rights than to have to take it from us. It keeps the controller network from carrying the karmic load of having forced slavery on anyone. So they sell us fear and we willingly give them the power to keep us "safe". They give us fake money and we willingly spend it. They offer us the left and right wings of the same bird of prey, and we never wake up to the fact that we could choose for any other animal.

I always vote. I'm not all attached to it and don't get worked up or go around shouting for my candidate. In fact, I don't usually have a candidate and if I do they almost never win, but if someone's going to offer to me the right to participate in a societal referendum, I'm going to go down and vote in whatever configuration best tells them it sucks...even if the units in charge believe they're only kidding us about having a choice.

Since the US is supposed to be a democracy, it still might be worthwhile to play that card. It only takes 50% (OK, with the new election theft procedures, maybe 65-70%) to tell everyone in Congress who's a blatant liar that they're out of here. That would leave two guys, Paul on the right and Kucinich on the left. In two years we get to re-evaluate and have the opportunity to get rid of them all again. Eventually if the electorate persists, the message is going to stick. Liars and corrupt, war-mongering corporate shills can't get re-elected.
It's so simple here in my fantasy. :>)

It seems there's a lot of waiting for the apocalypse, or maybe surfing the apocalypse here in NR. It's obvious to all of us that something huge is going down. But what if it's not what we think? What if it's nothing from the outside, but something that's inside of all of us that's trying to get out that will be the Event? Doesn't it make sense to utilize the political system as well as every other means at our disposal to project our vision into the mix?

Even if Ron isn't in on it he will be if he gets elected. If he can't be changed they'll just kill him. These elites are the real hard core gangsters.

khatru wrote:
lyra wrote:

I guess I can't understand how complete political abstinence contributes to the greater good. It seems to me that one of the facets of global awakening still might be incremental changes in political leadership. If that's not the case, or at least if it's not the case that whatever positive changes we're experiencing in mass consciousness will eventually reflect themselves in the political hierarchy, then there's nothing proactive left for us to do besides hunker down, share our cosmic insights and wait for the apocalypse...and maybe that is how far gone it is. I don't know, but I'm curious if that's where you're coming from.

Well, I never mentioned the word "apocolypse" in my response.  Just because there are people who see through things doesn't mean it's because we're just sitting around waiting for the end of the world.   Well....some are actually, but I'm not one of them.  wink  Definitely not sitting here in a state of nilistic complacency waiting for an "apocolypse." (Or "ascension," another one.)   I'm just living my life one day at a time at this point, for many reasons, which I won't side track into here.  But because of stuff I've experienced, I just can not even waste my time at all with the politics of this place.   I feel like "Just passing through!  Hi!  Excuse me!   Tourist!  Just trying to get through here, excuse me!    Here to do what I'm here to do and then I'm atta here!  Hi!  Excuse me!  Just passing through!...." as I squeeze my way through the crowd of madness.  I'm not here to get involved with the politics of this place.  But certainly others may feel that's what they're here to do.  If so, go for it....and good luck to them.  !  If they feel like they can make a difference in toppling the hyperdimensionally-backed politcal power structure that's in place on a planet that's apparently on quarantine lockdown, then more power to them!  Go monkeys!  Go!   Look at those primates throwing rocks and femur bones!  Aw, how cute!  Just like the beginning of "2001."  wink  haha  sorry.

But it's about making the best use of our time and energy, and doing what we can with what resources we have.   I don't believe for a moment that I can make a dent with the hyperdimensionally-backed political power structure that's in place.  But I do what I can, when I can, with what I have at my disposal.  More stuff I won't sidetrack onto here.   In fact....maybe there's an indirect way to topple it that we haven't thought of that doesn't involve following or supporting the politics of this country.  We're conditioned with the idea that to ignore it all and walk away is extremely bad....bad bad bad!!!  Don't you realize our ancestors fought and died for our right to a democracy where we can vote!  (...in rigged elections where the candidates are already selected for us...cough.....haha)   But maybe it's not about the polarized false two choice scenario - either be asleep in the illusion being some poltiical activist who believes they can topple the current (hyperdimensionally-backed...) political system, or, somebody who just lazes away their days ignoring it all in ignorant oblivion in front of the Glass Teat.   Maybe there's the third, or more indirect options available where one isn't acting like a monkey throwing rocks at alien technology but still manages to make changes.  Could be something worth exploring.

I dont' know what will happen with the hyperdimensionally-backed power structure that's in place, locking the planet down.  But that's not what I came to be involved in anyway.  I see it for what it is, and I'm just here passing through, throwing my breadcrumbs where I can with what I have at my disposal.

-----
-----

From my favourite comedian, Bill Hicks, who sums up my philosophy of the two party system a lot more economically and poetically than I ever could: "I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. 'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.' 'I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking.' 'Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!'"

brain BAD! heart GOOD!

lyra wrote:

Well, I never mentioned the word "apocolypse" in my response.  Just because there are people who see through things doesn't mean it's because we're just sitting around waiting for the end of the world.   Well....some are actually, but I'm not one of them.  ;)  Definitely not sitting here in a state of nilistic complacency waiting for an "apocolypse." (Or "ascension," another one.)

Sorry. A few minutes after I posted that I realized you'd jump on the fact that I was putting that on you. You were probably typing your reply as I had the thought. :>)
I meant it in more of a tongue and cheek way to describe whatever wave it is that seems to coming.

lyra wrote:

Maybe there's the third, or more indirect options available where one isn't acting like a monkey throwing rocks at alien technology but still manages to make changes.  Could be something worth exploring.

I dont' know what will happen with the hyperdimensionally-backed power structure that's in place, locking the planet down.  But that's not what I came to be involved in anyway.  I see it for what it is, and I'm just here passing through, throwing my breadcrumbs where I can with what I have at my disposal.

Yeah, we need to consider all options, and from the way the available ones are looking, it's pretty likely that if something works it will be an idea that's not in play at this time.

I'm not convinced the lock down deal is going to work. There's a balance of energies holding this particular kernel of reality in place that may be more unstable than it appears at the surface. It seems safe to assume that if there are hyperdimensional control freaks with the means to create a prison planet, there is a more or less equal balance of hyperdimensionals (or some other balancing force) preventing it's implementation. I'd even go as far as to say that some of those balancing hyperdimensionals are ourselves. I think we're all involved up to our eyelids, which is why we're here and not only experiencing it, but actively looking into it to try to understand what it is.
So for now, I'm encouraging everyone to get out and vote in the way that will most irritate the hyperdimensionally based power structure.

OTOH I could probably be convinced, through a worsening of circumstances, to refocus my paradigm more towards the "just passing through" camp. It is the more far sighted viewpoint, because from somewhere, somewhen this is all going seem like some old drama we acted in. Optimistically...an epic drama.

khatru wrote:

Yeah, we need to consider all options, and from the way the available ones are looking, it's pretty likely that if something works it will be an idea that's not in play at this time.

I'm not convinced the lock down deal is going to work. There's a balance of energies holding this particular kernel of reality in place that may be more unstable than it appears at the surface. It seems safe to assume that if there are hyperdimensional control freaks with the means to create a prison planet, there is a more or less equal balance of hyperdimensionals (or some other balancing force) preventing it's implementation. I'd even go as far as to say that some of those balancing hyperdimensionals are ourselves. I think we're all involved up to our eyelids, which is why we're here and not only experiencing it, but actively looking into it to try to understand what it is.

Interesting points, and I definitely do agree that this could be the likely possibility. 

khatru wrote:

So for now, I'm encouraging everyone to get out and vote in the way that will most irritate the hyperdimensionally based power structure.

This leads us back to the idea that candidates placed before us, no matter how seemingly opposed they appear, playing for their seemingly different teams, have in fact been selected by the higher Powers That Be and placed before us.  Which means it wouldn't matter who you chose -none of your choices are going to irritate anybody in power, not when they allowed that candidate to make it to the final voting finish line.

Back to David Icke 101 for you!  big_smile   "Presidents are not E-lected, they're SE-lected."  David Icke has his faults, but I'm with him on this one.  Nobody is just "allowed" to become a candidate for presidency and make it that far along in the voting process.  Nobody.   You can be really rich, yet a total nobody,and you're still not going to make it, not unless you're really "in" with TPTB in some way, their puppet/tool/pawn, or bloodline apparently.  If it's true that more than 3/4 of the Presidents of the U.S. had interconnected genetics and/or genes that traced back to the Royal family, Charlemagne and the like, then that says it all.

_____

Something to keep in mind is that a lot of these supposed "breath of fresh air" candidates say a lot of things that sound good even to the semi-awake people, but they're still not truly cutting to the meat of the issues going on in this reality.  The BIG issues.   They can't though.  If they did they wouldn't last two seconds on the campaign trail.  wink  And I'm thinking that's the case with Ron, although I'll have to go back and track down some of his speeches and listen to more of what he's saying.  I've only heard part of one so far.   But see, candidates who merely slam Bush or the Repubs, or criticize the Iraq war or whatever, is not going to fly.   Even talking about the Federal Reserve, or the issues with the IRS/taxes and Social Security.....It's not enough. That's still surface level issues compared to the really scarey big deal stuff going on in this reality.   And no puppet out there is ever going to be allowed to make it even two steps if they were to dare delve into THAT territory.  So they can parade around whoever breath of fresh air they want to on those podiums and stages....but until somebody makes it past those two steps talking about the Big Deal Serious Issues of this reality and planet, then I'm not listening.  !

(To clarify to people reading this:  I'm not trying to tell anybody what to do, and tell people not to vote or anything, in case it comes across that way.  If people want to vote, go for it.  I'm only piping up because the original post of this thread wanted opinions on what we think of Ron Paul and if he could be a good candidate choice.   There's no way to answer that with a "no" opinion without explaining why, and getting into all the "conspiracy" stuff.  [although it's not a conspiracy to me....it just is.] )

-----
-----

15 (edited by Skyalmian 2007-07-03 13:42:21)

I don't think Ron will get elected even if it becomes apparent no amount of vote tampering will work...TPTB won't let him if it becomes apparent he will win (that and he's pretty much going up against the terrible national karma of the US, which is not a good thing for him). He's been consistent in his messages since the beginning, and as far as most people can see is as far-removed from the establishment as one working within it can be. Everything he has ever written was collected into the Ron Paul Library (which is a lot). News stories on him are here at Digg, and all videos of him here at YouTube. The controlled media has been trying to smear him and pretend he doesn't exist since the beginning (big hint that he's not on their side) and no corporations / lobbyists support him; his movement is entirely grassroots as far as I know. Hmm. I'm all for him, but my pessimism doesn't think he'll win...his saying he would get rid of the IRS and take on the Federal Reserve by itself probably doomed him. Kennedy tried that and we know what happened to him. sad I think what he'll end up doing is waking up a large number of people to the fact that the US is not a free country...

As to why Ron Paul has gotten this far in the system...it's my belief that their huge ego dismissed him as a powerless nobody not worth paying attention to (and useless as a Congressman, as his bills are always ignored), and only now they're finding out that they were mistaken.

Since the US is supposed to be a democracy, it still might be worthwhile to play that card.

Uh uh. The US is supposed to be a republic, where the difference is that anything can be voted on except the rights of the individual; rights of the minority protected from the majority.