16 (edited by Capitan 2007-06-19 20:17:43)

Re: Extradimensional Depiction in Murals at DIA

To quote someone use the following but replace the curved brackets () with square brackets [].  (quote=name)  text (/quote) would show up as

name wrote:

text

gwynned wrote:

I didn't see any beings at all, but I did feel a sort of "call" to enter this reality, but felt as you did, that I might "die" although there was no reason to think that, frankly.

Under what circumstances did you feel a call to enter "this" reality, and what reality is "this reality"?  Is "this reality" the one you are currently in?  I do not know where the idea that I would die came from, whether it was a warning from them, or just a my mind allowing fear to take hold of it. 

gwynned wrote:

The other aspect to it was the absence of "time" as we know it.

This absence of time has confused me.  I experienced a non linear time during my journey, where I was able to travel to many aspects of myself in the past and possibly future, without the ability to determine which was the one I was supposed to return to or which I came from.  However the experience happened sequentially in a one moment to the next type fashion.  I cannot contemplate how experience would take place without time.  Nearly all action and thought here is understood in a moment to moment concept.  Like learning happens over time, how would you think of something in the absence of time? 

gwynned wrote:

Perhaps the point is this.  People talk about ascension as a way inwhich we can experience our immortality without dying.  But we associate that experience with dying, as we remember on some level how it felt so many times before.  But what if, for each of us, still willing to believe despite all evidence to the contrary that God/Love/Bliss is alive in this universe, and can reach out and rescue us from our suffering..and that we don't have to die to experience eternity.
Maggie

AN wrote:

But how all this connect to the DIA ?!

I must run now,  but I would like to see if we can further address this.

"...But Nothing is Lost:" "Nothing lasts... nothing lasts. Everything is changing into something else. Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track. William Blake said nothing is lost and I believe that we all move on." - Terrence McKenna - Shpongle - But Nothing Is Lost

Re: Extradimensional Depiction in Murals at DIA

I'm hearing about ego death and the fear of loss of control. I remember one of Robt Monroe's books talks about how earth life experience is addicting. I'm wondering which is the more primal desire, the desire to have the experience or the desire to control (or at least have the illusion of being able to control) the experience. Is ego just the illusion of control?