Noble Realms

spirituality - physics - conspiracy - philosophy - wisdom - and more...

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Noble Realms Forum is now closed. It will remain online as a searchable archive of posts spanning 3/25/04 to 2/22/08. Members may still log in to use email functions, but there will be no further posting activity. Thank you to everyone who has contributed over the years. - Tom/montalk

#1 2006-10-03 20:18:12

LipstickMystic

When Beloved Pets Pass Over the Rainbow Bridge

We're sad around here this week because Rosie (short for "Roosevelt") had to be put to sleep this past weekend. Rosie was a guardian of the farm here along with his companion, Audrey. Both were getting up there in years and starting to experience many physical ailments, but things took a turn for the worse last week for poor Rosie.

If you've lost a doggie or a kitty, you might appreciate my short essay about pets, the transition that comes in death, and the spiritual energy of animals.

I've been updating my cat blog recently and this short tribute to Rosie is there:

http://lifeof7cats.blogspot.com

Sniff!  It's such a sensitive time when a loved one - human or furry - makes that transition. I can really feel all manner of astral stuff kicking up and I've just been doing my best to surround Rosie with love and protection during this time.  Extra prayers for him (and Audrey, his surviving dogmate) are appreciated.

Best,

LipstickMystic aka Jennifer

#2 2006-10-03 21:37:07

lyra
Naked Emperor Pointer Outer
Website

Re: When Beloved Pets Pass Over the Rainbow Bridge

Sorry to hear about Rosie, LM.   I'll be sure to check out your Rosie tribute.  I was reading through your cat blog the other day and I think it was somehow through your site that I found about the passing of "Ginny," the 17 year old husky/schnauzer dog who had rescued over 900 cats in his life.   But now that I'm looking back over your site I can't find a mention of it.  Weird!   Maybe I'm imagining it.  I googled it to find more information and it was fascinating stuff.  I don't want to steal the thunder away from Rosie, so I hope this won't be taken as such, but it's a link worth posting if anybody's interested to read about Ginny as well:

http://www.ginnyfanclub.com/index.php

Just checked out the Rosie tribute....very sweet.   Audrey's adorable in that red sweater.  smile

Last edited by lyra (2006-10-03 22:08:19)

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

#3 2006-10-03 21:37:40

nanci q

Jennifer--

I just read your beautiful tribute to Rosie. He and Audrey both have/had sweet, beautiful energy!  The light was just pouring out of Rosie's eyes--amazing to see that.

He and Audrey are in my prayers--as are all their human friends at this time.

nanci q

#4 2006-10-04 06:07:01

Pictus
Website

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7064/dograinbowmy5.jpg

Bye, Pictus

--------------------
http://pictus.co.nr

#5 2006-10-04 08:59:45

Blue
Thank you Tom
Website

Very sorry to hear about Rosie, LM - in my prayers.. and Audrey too.

Pictus - that picture is superb and so apt and fitting.! - Thanks.

#6 2006-10-04 11:53:47

treehugger

So sorry to hear about Rosie. I love my furry babies more than anything, so I understand how you feel. Your tribute was very touching.

In man's analysis and understanding of himself, it is as well to know from whence he came as whither he is going.   Edgar Cayce

Beliefs are tools for social conditioning, rather than expressions of inner realization or inner truth.   unknown
Ad Verecundiam

#7 2006-10-04 15:16:38

Lono
Walker of worlds

I"m very sorry you lost Rosie.   I don' t doubt for a moment that he's with you still, or is at least waiting for his pal to join him.  That was a lovely tribute as well.

#8 2006-10-04 22:45:45

LipstickMystic

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts!  And thanks, too, Pictus for the pretty rainbow pup image.  I loved that!

Best,
Jennifer

#9 2006-10-04 23:43:25

druid

Just another anthroposophic comment:
Steiner said that the death of an animal isn't anymore tragic than getting your hair cut ; i.e. when you get your hair cut you cut something 'living' but you still continue to live (I hope so). It's the same for animal because they have a group ego in the astral realm: the death of a single animal individual doen't hurt the animal ego whici is the same as the specie. Animal species are born and die but on a long term range. One day in the not so far distant future, animals will disapear, and it is not due only to our way of living that creates more endangered species each year.

by way of contrast: we have our own physical body, etheric body, astral body and ego. Animals have a physical pbdy of their own, an ether-life body, an astral body, but their ego is a group ego, whereas we have a fragmented group ego, divided in muplticity of separate individuals. plants have their physical body in the physical world, their soul body in the soul-astral world and its spiritual ego being in the spiritual world. This is why the plant is a perfect image of the cosmos: it is an image of the triad of physical-soul-spirit cosmos. minerals have their body in the physical world, their etheric-life body is in the astral world, their spiritual body is in the spiritual world but higher than plants. In minerals more powerful spiritual forces are at work, because it takes more powerful forces to manipulate such hard cristallised matter.   

You won't weep to much for your pets if you know they just awoke to a new life on the other side, in the ego of its specie. This is different form the life of a human being. Human beings are endowed ewith an individual ego, a personal biography that is absolutely unique. Animals have a stronger genetic memory ans specie-consciousness which is more unified than humans (our grop soul has split with the Fall).

Also, Steiner mentionned that by (individualising' too much an animal (forexample taking it as pet), it is torn apart from its group ego (the ego of this particular specie), and becomes a wandering fire-spirit, filled with passions and a pseudo-human-ego-individuality (because of the way we de-naturalised it).  Same principle applies to some parts of the soul body of passionate people: when the ego individuality dies, these spul parts gain independence and become such wandering fire-beings (fire elementals). Most of the fire-spirits that evolve in the animal and human world are immoral, or should we say amoral because they don't have moral imperatives as we do), and engender parasitic beings. gnomes and undines generate parasites. Salmanders (fire spirits) and sylphs, when they are fallen, can make tree-fruits look burned (parasitic action) or create poisonous plants like belladonna, autumn crocus, etc. Demons live in Belladonnas and Datura.

Still I am compassionate for people who suffer from the loss of a loved one, be it animal, plant or else.  Send your prayers in silence and with true an sincere devotion and you'll help the group sol of your pet to get on the right way of evolution after death (i.e. not become a fire-being - semi-ego-endowed-being - on the loose)

#10 2006-10-04 23:54:19

Lono
Walker of worlds

Um, Druid.... I know you mean well, but... well.... that's really not the right thing to say to someone who's grieving over a pet.  So what if Steiner thinks it's no more tragic than a hair cut.  The truth is, every animal expresses that "group soul,"(if you subscribe to that) in a unique way.  Jennifer is truly grieving, and that's legitimate.

#11 2006-10-05 18:53:49

LipstickMystic

Thanks Lono, and Druid, too -- (I know you meant well with what you expressed and didn't mean to negate my current experience with grieving Rosie the dog smile

However......

Sometimes Steiner is just full of bunk.  (IMHO)

I'd be willing to believe half of what he wrote if I weren't psychic and couldn't talk to animals....plus receive telepathic communication in response.

And I'm not talking about the typical type of quasi-psychic contact of the pet psychic type.  (I love pet psychics, but too often they only seem to convey messages from the animal that are boring and made-up sounding, not necessarily verifiable messages of genuine contact with something outside their own understanding....along the overly simplistic lines of "Me love treats. Me love to chase ball." Animals are a lot more intelligent than that. Even bugs.)

I'm not telepathic with my animals 100% of time - far from it, as I'm far too self-absorbed smile  Plus, it's invasive to go around reading thoughts all the time. The cat I have the best telepathic relationship with, my gray cat Smokapuss, doesn't seek me out with contact unless there's a specific message she wants to convey. Same with my other cats, pretty much. 

Still, it's very cool when an animal can tell you stuff that is independent of you, i.e, outside your own beliefs and understanding, and you can later verify what they tell you.  That's what I'm talking about. That type of contact.  I'm not engaged with them at that level all the time, but it's happened enough over the years to be pretty damned cool.

For instance my oldest girl cat, Kirby, once told me back in my bachelorette days that some men had come into my apartment while I was out that day, and she was VERY clear about this message, and she wasn't talking about esoteric "men" or green men but very real humans. She said they came in while I was gone and fixed something, it took a few hours, and then they left.

At the time, I'm going, "Whoa.  I don't usually hear Kirby the cat tell me anything. I must be making this up." Still, I went around my apartment and examined things very carefully. I saw nothing amiss or out of place so I just figured I was inaccurate with the message I thought I'd received from Kirby.

That evening my landlord called me and apologized for the fact that he and the plumber had had to make an emergency visit inside my apartment earlier that day on no notice because there was a leak downstairs and it was coming from my plumbing system upstairs. It took them two hours to fix it and then everything was okay. They'd put everything back so carefully and left such a small imprint on my space that I didn't even notice it. 

But my Kirby knew!  And having visitors suddenly barge into my apartment like that must have startled her, and she knew that I needed to know, so I got the news first from my cat. Much better than CNN!

I'm sidetracking here from my main point, which is that I think it's bunk that animals have a group or "hive" soul and aren't individuals.  None of the animals I've spoken to didn't possess a clear, individualized consciousness.

They are also part of a soul group that chooses to incarnate as that species, but in that regards, they are no different from humans. We humans possess an individualized aspect as well as a group soul aspect.

What gets confusing is when you are part of group souls of humanoids from several different planets....like me and many metaphysical seekers...because while you can identify with the Earth human group soul since you've had multiple incarnations here, you also fondly remember other worlds where things are .....nicer....and life is very different.....and so you are processing soul memories and instincts across multiple species.

Again, I digress.

Rosie the dog and Audrey used to love to sit outside with us on summer evenings and talk to us about stuff.  I wasn't always tuned into their vibration and didn't always "hear" them. But on several occasions I was receiving such detailed and lengthy communications about their pasts, their hopes, their thwarted desires, and other info that I would be overwhelmed by information. My honey wrote down a lot of it while I dictated notes from the dogs. Maybe I'll go over the notes and see if there is anything that might be interesting to share here. I'll have to dig them out.

Rosie the dog told me lots of stuff about past stuff that happened on the farm and about current stuff going on with our neighbors - stuff I had no conscious awareness of but stuff we were later able to verify.  During this same conversation he talked about HIS UNIQUE GOALS, his perceived role or function on this farm, and more.

He was pretty much a happy dog but he frequently expressed one regret - that he never had a "little one" so he could pass on all that he had learned, and all the wisdom he'd accumulated, to his son or daughter.  He sent me a clear image of a little black lab puppy and how he wished he'd had one to teach stuff to. 

What would he have taught this puppy?  All kinds of stuff!  About how to ward off etheric intruders, how to keep the people here safe, how to heal (he was a healer and an empath,) and more.

Do these sound like the goals, the aspirations, or the talents of a non-individual?  Keep in mind that the things he shared with us were very different from the goals, dreams, and perceptions of Audrey the dog, his companion dog.  She has a very different personality and very strong opinions about things. She's also a different breed of dog - an Italian spinone.

During Rosie's passing he showed me that he could see his daddy, a black lab, helping him astrally and guiding him through his transition to the spirit realm. But from his perspective this was simply a loved one helping him out.

No different from what I've perceived around humans who are dying. We were blessed to be a part of my honey's mother's passing. She was 92. She'd been gradually loosening her grip on this plane for about six months prior to her passing. She'd be out of it and then come back and talk about how she'd seen different people - from a minister to family members - nearby. They were acting as guides preparing her for her transition.

No different from Rosie the dog seeing his daddy dog at the time of transition.

So I respectfully submit that if you TALK TO THE ANIMALS -- or maybe more accurately -- LISTEN TO THE ANIMALS.....that they are a lot more like us humans than you might expect.

Individuals like we are AND also possessing strong ties to a soul tribe or group soul unique to that species.

Best,

Last edited by LipstickMystic (2006-10-05 19:05:52)

#12 2006-10-05 19:28:39

LipstickMystic

druid wrote:

Just another anthroposophic comment:
Steiner said that the death of an animal isn't anymore tragic than getting your hair cut ; i.e. when you get your hair cut you cut something 'living' but you still continue to live (I hope so).

By the way, I never said that I thought death was tragic. I don't.  I've had too many spirits of dead people and animals come around during their transition time (the three days it takes for the spirit to fully make the transition from this plane to the next) and express SHEER JOY at being out of their heavy bodies.  It's much nicer without a body, even if your body wasn't particularly old or sick. 

So while I mourn the loss of an indvidual being, Rosie, who was a wonderful part of my life, I am in no way immersed in feelings of tragedy. Far from it. I'm very lucky to have had so much contact with the dead because, after you chat with a few folks who have passed on and learn stuff that is independently verifiable - stuff you didn't know beforehand - it shows you how life is everlasting. It's just the body that doesn't keep up.

Also, I think people need to learn the difference between mourning someone in the spiritual sense vs. being mad at God or whatever for taking someone away. True mourning is an expression of love, a celebration of all that a person or animal was, an opportunity to open the heart and allow that love to flow freely.  Tears aren't bad. They keep the heart open. Tears are good. 

druid wrote:

One day in the not so far distant future, animals will disapear, and it is not due only to our way of living that creates more endangered species each year

Again, it's useful to talk to the animals about this one.

About a decade ago I was at the Washington National Zoo in the early hours, just after it opened. Things were quiet, no people were around, and I was able to make telepathic contact with several animals. One was the last surviving panda, whose partner had died the year before, I believe. What a sweet and funny personality!  Very mischievous and playful, which I didn't expect.

I went over to see the elephants. They weren't in an enclosure. They were standing not five feet from me with a small stone wall separating us.  I looked into those big eyes and started crying and crying and crying. It just struck me how, one day soon, there will be no more elephants.  And I was kind of caught up in my own grief about this when suddenly the elephant's mind broke through my thoughts. She was tellling me that it's all right for the elephants and the pands and a lot of the other creatures to be going. She shared with me a long narrative, I forget most of it now, but it was about how certain species (the ones currently endangered) carry a particular vibration in their cells and that the vibration that's changing on the planet right now (she didn't say this was negative; just that it's part of the Earth's evolution) is incompatible with many species down at the DNA level. And that she knew they were going to be moving on to a different type of life, a less dense form of body, in another reality, and that the animals who had already made that transition were very happy indeed. She wasn't talking about "death," exactly. She was talking about animal spirits being able to "incarnate" in a new way, into a less dense body, somewhere else.  And the animals were all looking forward to it!

This message came from OUTSIDE of me, directly from this nice elephant.  Up until that point, I'd pretty much been mad at humanity for forcing so many animals into becoming extinct, and it hadn't even crossed my mind that there might be some higher, perfect, and wonderful process going on. It humbled me that the elephants were aware of it, although here I was the "psychic chick," and I was clueless about it!

druid wrote:

You won't weep to much for your pets if you know they just awoke to a new life on the other side, in the ego of its specie. This is different form the life of a human being. Human beings are endowed ewith an individual ego, a personal biography that is absolutely unique. Animals have a stronger genetic memory ans specie-consciousness which is more unified than humans (our grop soul has split with the Fall).

Again, I beg to differ here. This elephant was not telling me that the elephant essence would be retreating back into some group soul form of life. She was talking about reincarnating or taking on some form of body again, although a less dense body, while maintaining an individual identity who has her own goals, desires, and path.

druid wrote:

Also, Steiner mentionned that by (individualising' too much an animal (forexample taking it as pet), it is torn apart from its group ego (the ego of this particular specie), and becomes a wandering fire-spirit, filled with passions and a pseudo-human-ego-individuality (because of the way we de-naturalised it).

Again, I have to respectfully submit that this is bunk.

I have had telepathic contact with many wild animals.  A coyote. Two whales. Many deer. Very close, very unusual encounters where I am in the wild and the animal decides for some reason that I'm "cool" (or maybe am not smelling in those moments like the typical icky human smile and decides to show itself and communicate.  These are "wild" animals, they have not formed "egos" due to being pets or from being fed by humans or in any way habitualized to being in a relationship with humans.

AND THEY EACH HAD UNIQUE, RECOGNIZABLE PERSONALITIES.....hopes, dreams, aspirations, talents, and a unique place in the world.

If we all had more Dr. Doolittle/talk with the animals moments, I believe we'd quickly disprove a lot of what Steiner theorized as being......inaccurate at the very least, bunk if you want to use stronger terms.

#13 2006-10-06 03:03:20

Pictus
Website

Glad you guys liked the picture, I just mixed some images smile

LipstickMystic when you exchange or receive information from the Earth
animals or extra entities the information comes all in one second or is linear?

Last edited by Pictus (2006-10-06 03:04:42)

Bye, Pictus

--------------------
http://pictus.co.nr

#14 2006-10-06 06:56:05

proto
NR has changed my life!

I'm sorry about your cat's passing, Lipstick. Pets are really like people the more I think about it. It's all in the eyes (and not just animals, either) and whomever coined that phrase "eyes are the windows of the soul" couldn't have said it better!

It's great you posted how dogs and cats and animals in general have an individual purpose. That reaffirmed what I've always believed  about animals and simply couldn't understand and accept that they're empty beings. They sure aren't. My brother's dog absolutely loves me to the point where I play with him more than my little nephews. Go figure! There's just something so deep about him, yet fun and whacky that it's funny. A complete and total munchkin!

Pictus: Awesome picture!

Last edited by proto (2006-10-06 07:00:11)

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same."
– Carlos Castaneda

#15 2006-10-06 10:53:28

Novice

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your loved one LipstickMystic. I always thoroughly enjoy your posts and find them most enlightening.

I don't post much but I couldn't help thinking of this short passage from an interview with Red Elk on The Spectrum web site describing dog heaven...I've lost many cats in the past few years and gained much comfort from thinking that they had gone on to such a cool and happy place. Have you had any experience of these realms?

'There’s Heavens for dogs, Heavens for cats, Heavens for horses–¯I’ve seen many of them; just beautiful.  When a dog dies, I don’t care how vicious the dog is here, it has done no wrong.  It might have been trained wrong, or whatnot, but it’s done no wrong.  Or, done wrong through madness, like rabies or something, but it is free.  It is just free.  And these animals, no matter what breed, and birds, and fish, all kinds of things, this Heaven is a mass rolling cloud, for each individual-type animal–¯you know, dogs for dogs, horses for horses.  And I say it’s like that.  It’s a cloud of pure–¯say we’re going to dog Heaven, right?  It is a cloud of absolutely pure dog awareness joy.  It is something else.  I’ve had to help some animals into this Heaven, including two or three of my own who were so attached to us, they wanted to stay with us.  No, it’s time for them to go home and enjoy what’s there for them.  So, I’ve had to take them, in spirit actually take them, and show them the place.  And they look, cock their heads, and “Wow!”

And I say: “It’s ok.  Go!”   And they just run and leap into this, and just become one with this mass of joy.  I’ve gone up, occasionally, just to look.  And this is the only Heaven that I, literally, go up to on my own.  The rest of the time, I’m taken into the Heaven for us.  By the way, there are animals in that Heaven for us, too.  And what happens is, these animals from Dog Heaven, for instance, they’re called by their former masters and they’ll just transfer to there, and be with them.   But they are not “locked”  into the human Heaven.  They can go back and forth.  If they get tired of being around: “Sorry, pop, I gotta go.  I’ll be back later.”   And bang, off they go.  This Heaven is a kick!

Like I’ve said, I’ve been up there, and suddenly one of the animals, over my lifetime, in this mass of confusion, chasing each other, biting each other on the butt, just having dog-fun, not hurting anything, just having fun–¯then, they’ll all of a sudden recognize that I’m out there, watching, because I’m not allowed to go INTO this. 

And suddenly, word seems to go out: “Hey, Red Elk is out there!”   And then just out of this massive cloud would bound a little whiff or cloud, and turn into one of my former animals, and just run up, and sit down, and look up at my face, and the tongue would be out, saying: “I’m having fun.  Nice to see you.  Bye!”   And that’s that.  It’s a wonderful place.'

PS Maybe you could elaborate on the Elven world you described in a recent post at some time...I found that fascinating!smile

Not as clever as I think I am

Board footer