16 (edited by Christine B. 2006-01-07 13:15:23)

Re: Dolores Cannon

tenetnosce wrote:

So when I hear somebody say that we should love the negs, I can't help but think that it sounds like the child making excuses for why they allow daddy to touch their privates, or the wife justifying her blackened eye because she loves her husband.  This is not love, this is insanity.

The highest service that a being of positive polarity can offer to a being of negative polarity is to clearly, and on no uncertain terms, communicate to them that their services are no longer necessary, and that they have been released from duty.

Fantastic post -- I would have highlighted all of it but these 2 paragraphs do a magnificent job of summing things up!!

Perhaps the most damaging thing about "the new age" movement is the completely screwed up perspective on negative behavior or negative people -- as if, it's our DUTY to Loooove them --
horse pucky (as a Southern friend of mine says) --

It's our duty to clearly and in no uncertain terms let them know -- your BEHAVIOR is unwanted.
IF/when you can find your spark of goodness, come back then -- and only then.

Christine B.

tenetnosce,

I had before read your post that explained what you have above explained, and I was at that time amazed with the clarity of your position statement.

I just wanted to take the moment to tell you that of all of the posted positions concerning alien abductions, yours is simply the most easily understood, and is a truth that comes without judgement...you are stating factual and highly applicable information without emotional attachment. Excellent work.

So, thank you, from an old abductee who has more often than not been unable to express her understanding about abduction, and its misgivings, without getting emotionally involved.

A tip of my hat to you, sir... smile .

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
------
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
------
If you spin around on your chair really fast, things around here will make a lot more sense.

lol

18 (edited by RonD 2006-01-08 10:06:20)

Dolores Cannon is among my favorite writers.  I have been studying all her books for over twelve years.  She began writing about "Jesus and the Essenes" and progressed into ET subjects.  I recommend all of her books.

I'm not an abductee of the Zetas or Grays, so I can only imagine how intrusive that feels.  I'm learning a great deal from all your experiences.  I do get energetic adjustments from interdimensional levels, but that offers me only a sense of care and comfort.

Dolores Cannon's books do not speak much of different ET groups.  There are many different qualities and motives in "beings" from different places and levels.  Still most of what Dolores shares are universal insights . . . easy quick read and very valuable.

It is no wonder that tension should arise during her thread.  I've noticed that when important subjects or situations are at hand, forces can distract and divide quickly.  I liked Jen, but I'm happy to see Montalk being decisive in maintaining Noble Realms.  It is necessary.     

I tend to not come to any conclussions about the negativity in others.  My effort is figuring out how I can cope with the situation smoothly.  I figure if we can forgive everything we see outside of us, we can forgive everything within us.  And the more you advance your purity, the greater the differences are between you and others who aren't trying to progress rapidly.  So the decision to love can become an even greater challenge.  This makes "ascending" much more difficult than spiritual evolving at a slow pace.

I encourage others to check out the writings by Dolores Cannon.

Glad to see folks reading Delores Canon's work here. I think it is very valuable as her methods incorporate the objectivity of an outside observer with a direct tap to other realities. Somewhere in between channeling and personal experience.

I've met her on a number of occasions and have done a session with her that was very helpful to me. I found her to be a wonderful and fascinating woman and knowing her has definitely had an effect on how I view things. I agree that the best way to utilize her material (or anybody's for that matter) is to take what works for you and shelve or leave the rest, and she'll tell you the same. Definitely good reading, I do wish she would get another artist to do her covers though as they are a bit hoaky and make it easy to dismiss the books by those turned off by new agey type stuff. You know the old saying though.

SM

20 (edited by wandering1 2006-01-26 14:33:54)

I've been reading The Convoluted Universe Book One and Two.  Interesting material.

I think that deep hypnosis has a lot of potential as an avenue for exploration. 

I think that it matters a great deal who is doing the hypnosis, because while a person is in a deep hypnotic state it seems to me that that person is quite vulnerable to manipulation - such as planting ideas and programming and such.  Some manipulation by the practitioner could even be unconscious and unintentional.

Dolores Cannon seems to have integrity in this regard, but I think that it is something to be aware of for people who are thinking of trying hypnosis sessions.

21 (edited by lyra 2006-01-28 15:41:22)

A couple of weeks ago I bought Dolores' "The Legend of Starcrash", and this afternoon I bought "Conversations with Nostradamus, Book I."   

Starcrash (to me) was completely fascinating.  Since I couldn't put it down at our local metaphysical book store I figured I should just go ahead and buy it, why not!   smile   It kept me riveted until the very end.   Most anything I read by her has that effect on me.  The reason being, it's so damn realistic. The details that come through on so many of these regressions is just unbelievable.   And in the case of "Starcrash", Dolores was speaking to one of her subject's past life incarnations, and at the end, she was able to talk to them once they had died and became their "expanded self"........and as their expanded self, they had much more information and insight then when they were still alive in that particular persona's body.  It's totally amazing.   Also, the material that I've read so far isn't all hokey and New Agey, even though it's dealing with some really heavy duty metaphysical concepts.   

The Nostradamus book looks promising, and as always with her material, very intriguing and chock full of fascinating stuff!    Can't wait to dig into it.   

Dolores Cannon is my new thing lately, I can't seem to get enough of her material.  So much stuff you see in metaphysical book shops or in the New Age section at major bookstores is just the same old same old, rehashed.   There's nothing like her material however, and most importantly........it's advanced.   Once you've learned and experienced and discovered things pertaining to metaphysics, the paranormal, conspiracies, etc., it's like you run into this wall with nowhere left to go.  Like you're standing there, looking around, going, Um, alright....now what?   Isn't there anything else new and fresh and interesting that you can show me??   Something to get the wheels spinning?  I'm a sponge here, bring it on!   I want to learn!!!   So, her material would be appealing to anybody who's gotten to that point I think.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

22 (edited by wandering1 2006-01-31 12:46:28)

The Convoluted Universe Book Two by Dolores Cannon covers many topics.  Here is a section that I found interesting:

"D"  is short for Dolores and "V"  is the person that she is interviewing.

D: As you look at this life you just left, you can see all of it from a different perspective.  What was the purpose of that life?

V: I was to learn how to integrate this realm with the earthly realm.  The earthly mundane existence.  I was to learn how to incorporate my knowingness of higher realms into my everyday workaday world.  This is an issue that I still have not mastered.  I learned much in that lifetime.  And it was worth all the pain that I went through to learn that it can be done.  And it can be integrated successfully.

D: Even though you had opposition and ridicule. 

V: There will always be opposition in the earthly life.  When one brings in the memories and knowledge of the heavenly realms, when one remembers existence before that lifetime and knows there are other things, and not just being closed down to what is before one’s face.  There will always be those who are just at that level.  And they will lash out at those who even suggest such things.  So this is to help me in future lifetimes too.  Because whatever lifetime I go into, it will be a lifetime where there is resistance.

D: But doesn’t that make it harder to have these memories when you’re in the physical world?

V: It seems like I will always have those memories.  I am told that I am not one who completely forgets.  And this is to help prepare me to be able to integrate this, because I have chosen on a higher level to not be completely forgetful.  To not completely be behind the veil.  I choose this.  And by choosing this, I also have to learn how to integrate it.

D: But doesn’t that make it a more difficult living in a life when you have the memories?

V: It is a difficult life.  But from my higher vision, I choose to have difficulties in the physical lifetime that will help me grow spiritually.  It is not important how easy my life is.  It is only important how much I grow.  And this is the path that I have chosen to do this.  Not just go into a lifetime being completely blind and dumb of the bigger picture.  And forget what I came in to do.  That is of no importance.  I come into the life with the memory of things I am to learn.  Sometimes it takes me a while to get it together, to remember what that is, and how to go about doing it.  But this is the path I have chosen from consultation with the elders.

23 (edited by wandering1 2006-02-03 02:43:49)

Let's see.  I think that I may have something to say on this aliens issue.  I may be premature here because at this moment I have read most of convoluted universe 1 and 2 and I have only read the intro to "The Custodians: Beyond Abduction".  Even so, I have a few ideas that seem to fit here.

I think that for open hearted investigators (or not) it may be fulfilling to conclude that this whole "ET" set of issues on the whole tends to be wonderful and good and shall we say spiritually fulfilling.

From a cosmic perspective, this may be true.  But this is the type of perspective that understands that experiences of suffering can be helpful to spirituual growth.

To be practical, I think that it may be helpful to understand that a group of beings may be willing to use deception and all the while feel or think that they are totally in the right. 

Just throwing out some ideas.  I still have the idea that this planet (among possible thousands or more in this particular galaxy) is on course for a positive future.

Right on, Wandering1...I also believe in a positive future. Through personal experience, I have observed a trend whereby catalysts force one to choose whether to learn a lesson positively or negatively. This choice then has positive or negative consequences, both of which result in the same growth of awareness but through different routes.

Applied on a global scale, I would expect a positive future to come about through global catalysts, and depending on how we choose, the consequences can be positive or negative even if either inevitably results in the same evolutionary growth.

So this business of the extraterrestrial presence would, if escalated to a point of confronting our mass consciousness and forcing a choice, serve as an experiential catalyst that could propel us towards a future that corresponds with our choice. I know that those alien factions who would reveal themselves and offer mankind gifts of technology and guidance in exchange for subservience are detrimental to our freedom. We would learn the lesson of the importance of self-determination through a long road of enslavement. Or we could learn it the quicker way through discernment and responsibility, the very qualities needed to create and maintain a more positive future.

I just finished reading "The Allies of Humanity, Book 2" -- what a lucid, timely, and significant work. You can read Book 1 at the website. The basic message is that an incredible opportunity for human unity and spiritual evolution stands before us, should we choose to claim our sovereignty against an alien presence who would rather have us acquiesce our freedom in exchange for illusory security.

Interestingly, the Allies refer to this presence as "The Collective" which coincidentally, or perhaps not, is the same term   Dolores Cannon was told to use in reference to the self-claimed benevolent alien (primarily Gray) faction having contacted her through various clients. I do not agree with Dolores' statements that the alien phenomenon is completely positive, that there is nothing negative about this, that they are here to help us and so on. I do believe there are positive alien factions, but that these do not abduct us or need our emotions or genetic material for our or their survival. Yet it is these same abductors who are credited as being the positive ones.

"The Allies of Humanity" material talks about a "Pacification Program" whose intent is to disarm any resistance by inducing listlessness, ignorance, and denial through a combination of programming and cunning deception. One of the disarming techniques is that of emphasizing the virtue of non-judgment over judgment, yet leaving it there instead of continuing higher towards discernment. And so people are made to sacrifice discernment for the sake of not appearing judgmental. Therefore they fail to discern and take a stand against something that is not in their best interest. The book captures the sentiments of many members here, particularly those who debated in the "Everything you've been told about Grays is bunk" thread.   

So although a bit simplistic to appeal to a wider audience, I think "The Allies of Humanity" books 1 and 2 do a nice job of summarizing and placing in a larger context that which can only be hinted in other books on the subject. It serves well to balance out any reading on the alien phenomenon, and in my view makes the deception in certain sources stand out more obviously.

I also read recently in "The Convoluted Universe, Volume 2" about a woman who underwent a very unusual hypnosis session. Don't have the page number on hand right now, but essentially during the session it was revealed that she was co-existing as a reptilian entity in another world, part of a group dedicated to monitoring the balance of freewill in the local region of the universe and doing as necessary to help maintain that balance. This entity began speaking through her and said that here on earth there was a battle between light and dark, and that she was one sent from her group to help teach humans how to discover their inner source of self-empowerment, to become aware of ways in which their power was being subverted. The entity also mentioned that although it resided in our future and was of a positive nature, those reptilians we deal with on earth are still negative in orientation. I resonated with this a lot.

It seems like almost everyone interested in the alien phenomenon has good intentions, but not everyone has the discernment needed to apply their intentions wisely. Hopefully through the dissemination of knowledge, more can become aware as time goes on.

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

25 (edited by lyra 2006-02-05 17:45:16)

So, have been reading Dolores' "Conversations With Nostradamus."   Some background first, with some notes that I've mentally thought of as I've been reading, in case anybody's interested in her books, or with Nostradamus specifically:

- Dolores first connected with Nostradamus (Michel de Notredame) via one of her hypnotized subjects named Elena who, btw, knew nothing about Nostradamus in her life and couldn't even prounounce his name...!!!!!!! but who was an apprentice of his in that life.   She was a he back then, and his name was Dionysus, a Greek immigrant to France who was studying medicine under Nostradamus;

- What came to light during these regressions was how Nostradamus did what he did - he had some amazing skillzz for his time, performing surgeries on people in a time period where anesthesia didn't exist.  Yes....I know....ouch.  We tend to forget how life was back then, but let me tell you, when you read this book the 1500s come vividly to life.  The lack of hygeine, the lack of medicine / surgery skills, the plagues and disease...........and the power of the Church.  The church ruled EVERYTHING back then, including kings and politics, and the Inquisition was running rampant during Nostradamus' time.   We all know this because we all had history class, but, it's something else to read it coming through someone from that time period.   Nostradamus' fear of the Inquisition...it's very real when it comes through.  Anyway, back to the surgery stuff, but most people died in surgery because of the shock.  Nostradamus on the other hand had an amazing success rate, and the reason being was he had discovered hypnotic trance.  He would hypnotize his patients to not feel the pain and to slow down the bloodflow, and so on.   BUT...because of the church and the Inquisition and the rampant fear and paranoia back then, he couldn't be open about how he did things.   He had to lie, or evade the subject altogether when people would suspiciously ask him how he did things.  There are even a few regressions describing specific surgeries that Dionysus helped with, and all the details, the kind of injuries and sickness people had back then, and then the surgery outcomes.   So I found all these details to be REALLY fascinating.  It totally draws you in when you're reading.

- Nostradamus was also teaching his apprentices these special mind-over-matter techniques, as well as training them in the art of scrying (psychic prophesy technique involving staring into a mirror ) and other psychic abilities.   btw, there's all sorts of details throughout the book relating to everything you could ever want to know about how Nostradamus got his info., interpretted it, and how/why he coded it in his quatrains as he did.  Seriously, every detail or question you could think to ask, the answer is in there. 

- Then it gets really good.  During one of the regressions, Nostradamus became aware that Dionysus was conversing / connecting with someone in his trance state..............and "cut in the line" so to speak, and began a three way conversation exchange, talking to Dolores through Dionysus...who was trancing out and connecting with his own future self undergoing hypnotic regression. I LOVE IT!  That's just too awesome.  And so, this is where it all starts. 

- And the idiosynchronous DETAILS....like how Nostradamus doesn't even recognize many of the quatrains right away due to their mistranslation, and even having Dolores read them in French wouldn't be that helpful because modern French is different from what was spoken in the 1500's.  Same as middle English versus modern English.  He told Dolores that in modern French, the vowels are slurred together and consonents that used to be pronounced are now left out.   So when she reads the quatrains in French, (or rather, stumbles her way through reading them in French, since she can't speak French) to read the word as it looks....pronounce all the letters that she sees, because it will make more sense to him to hear it that way than if she actually read it as modern French.   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just find it so fascinating.  big_smile

I'm sure to some it sounds unbelievable, but seriously, when you read it it's something else.  It's the most believable far-fetched topic I've ever come across.  The wealth of details that are provided is incredible, and Nostradamus as a real, multi-dimensional, well rounded personality comes through loud and clear.   You just have to read it to believe it.  He gets mad, frustrated, happy, playful and joking, tired, the whole shebang.  (frustrated and pissed off only at how butchered his quatrains have gotten in their apparantly very unaccurate translation.)

He also stresses multiple times to Dolores that she is not speaking to a dead person - that he is very much alive and well and living in his own time period, and that to him, SHE'S the one who's "out there" in the future.  As far as he's concerned, he's in the now.

There's so much more, too much to get into here, so I'll just skip to a couple of ideas I had floating about as I read:

- I've always had an interest in the Nostradamus prophesies and believed he was real, but same as everybody else, it's near impossible for me to understand what he's talking about.   So I've never pursued researching it in depth before, but now that I'm really looking at these quatrains, and seeing Nostradamus' explanations / true translations in this book, what I realized is........

- Why is he writing about so much political nonsense that isn't important?   (Like the Iran Contra scandal, and the million other "who cares" political distraction circus nonsense that has filled our news for the last 80 years....)  Seriously, was the Iran Contra scandal just so important that it warranted somebody forseeing this......450 years ago???   I don't know about anybody else, but that just seems a little weird to me.   Because again, who cares.  Half the kids of today aren't even aware of it, and it doesn't matter anymore.   It didn't matter at the time either.  Because it's all distraction anyway, and nothing is what it seems to be.  Which leads to.......

- ........As many Noble Realmers realize, reality is um, a little strange.  Between the aliens and mass abductions taking place, MILABS and mind control, underground bases and altered weather, behind the scenes hyperdimensional manipulators and people walking among us who aren't even really people, well, you know, things on Mother Earth have gotten verrrrrry interesting.

So why is there pretty much no mention of this aspect of reality in his prophesies??  We're not crazy you know.  This stuff IS happening.   And even if it turned out that alien abductions aren't real....well, we've got millions of people out there who believe they HAVE been abducted and believe that they HAVE seen mysterious flying objects.   So, it's a situation of we've either got a million+ people who've been abducted and tampered with and altered by non-human entities....or a million+ delusional people.  And etiher way that's something worth noting..........isn't it?? 

But why doesn't this aspect of reality get mentioned?   There's a gaping hole for the most part, from what I've seen so far of his quatrains.   In all fairness though, there is one mention of an underground base facility in Colorado, and definite mention / confirmation of Man's newfound ability to control the weather. But so far, that's it.  All the rest is political political political.   This leader, that king, this dictator, that public scandal, this leader falling, that one rising, this one getting usurped, that war.  And that war.  And that war.  And more war.   And nuclear bombs, and radiation leaks and spills.  And more leaders, war, scandals and nuclear stuff.   

boring.   

Which leads to........

- ...........Negative vision of the future.  Again, I haven't read Nostradamus' translation of all the quatrains that Dolores gives him to comment on....I'm only halfway through the first book of three.......but what I realized is that the future that Nostradamus saw was AWFULLY negative.  I mean, according to him, we should have already killed ourselves off and all of civilization should have been annhilated five times over in the last 20 years alone.  It's some heavy duty negative visions, big time.

And which I have to add in at this point, the little anecdote of where Nostradamus got his nifty scrying mirror from in the first place, where he was getting all these apocolyptic doom prophesies from.   Two separate people commented to Dolores in regression about the "unusual" nature of the mirror - it's not a normal mirror by any means.  One even said that it dated back to the "ancient ones" in one of the previous lost ancient civilizations.    So Dolores asked Nostradamus about it, and he told her that well, you know....basically.....uh, when he was a lad, and he was meditating and doing his trance thing one night, a "Being" appeared to him and, well....gave him the mirror.   It was given to him so that he could do exactly what he ended up doing with it.

So, not to throw a wrench in the works, but, I had to question....maybe this "being" wasn't exactly positive???   4D STS anybody?   That's how they operate.  They've popped in and out of the timeline through the eons, doin' their thing.   Read the story of how Mormonism was founded.  Same deal.   Among many other examples.

So anyway, getting the backstory of how Nostradamus even got his nifty mirror makes you then have to question the version of reality that he was seeing through this mirror.

Maybe the catastrophic future was averted through intervention.

Maybe it really was going to go like that, and it originally did, in an alternate timeline.

Maybe Nostradamus was fed scenes of a negative nature to get people into the fear frequency, so they would actually end up making it happen.   It reminds me of the alien abductees who are taken aboard a UFO then fed images of the planet getting annhilated and mass environmental destruction, then slapped on the back and told "Go warn the people, buddy!  You can do it!  We're rooting for you!"  And the poor abductee is dropped off in a cornfield, left to go save the planet from destruction.   They picked the abductee because he was a caring, empathetic type who would get worked up about it and then want to run around, trying to warn people and save the world.

Which sounds a bit like our Nostradamus.  Poor dude was a bit upset when he saw what he saw in his mirror.  He's so worked up about it in his time that his mission became about warning humanity, and he very intensly and eagerly embarked on this project with Dolores, linking up through trance meditation via one of her subjects, to get the quatrains properly translated and to warn us of our imminent destruction. 

But what if the timeline has been changed?  What if we have outside intervention?  What if it's not even true what he's seeing?  Sure some of his stuff came true...but it doesn't mean all of it is necessarily true.  That's how STS forces operate...feed you truth mixed with lies.  And Nostradamus isn't (wasn't...) going to know the difference, and will just write ALL of it down.  So it's up to us to sit back with what we know and give a big hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Just some thoughts.  This has been a long post, so, I'll stop here!

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
-----

26 (edited by lyra 2006-02-05 17:57:51)

........ps

Forget to add to my already lengthy post smile one more really neat detail from the book:

- Often times, a quatrain is about 2, even 3 events, rolled into one, because they're all so similar, despite occuring at separate times, that he just lumps them together.  Nostradamus explains that time is like a spiral, and history repeats itself for this exact reason.  When time comes back around to the same side of spiral, events tend to repeat.  So, quatrains being about multiple similar events is a major thing that most, if any, are even aware of in regards to his work.  As Dolores explains to him, people have always set about interpretting them as if each is about one single event.   He didn't get frustrated about that, actually. smile  He could understand how that would happen.   He knew that his stuff was extremely convoluted.

Also, the dating of the quatrains is completely arbitrary.  They're not in any order at all.  The whole "centuries" labeling thing and grouping quatrains into 100, then arranging the groups of 100 in some form of chronological order is meaningless, basically.

-----
-----

The power of the early church interests me, too.  It is glossed over in history class and it isn't truly reflected upon.  The Vatican/Roman Empire cut down whole freaking forests to stop men and women from participating in animistic belief systems.  They burned people.  They burned people.  But it won't happen again, right?  There's that magic line of "Past" separating their natures from our natures, right?  If anyone dares to commit a "Hate Crime" nowadays, well then...But wait, what about the KKK? 

Does it rub anybody else the wrong way that the KKK is still recruiting and operating?  ("Well, freedom means freedom for ideas you might not like."--Uh, like vicious racism?)  Okay, tangent, sorry.   

lyra wrote:

And even if it turned out that alien abductions aren't real....well, we've got millions of people out there who believe they HAVE been abducted and believe that they HAVE seen mysterious flying objects.   So, it's a situation of we've either got a million+ people who've been abducted and tampered with and altered by non-human entities....or a million+ delusional people.  And etiher way that's something worth noting..........isn't it??

Exactly!  Of course, the average person who disbelieves in alien abduction thinks that the delusion is small-scale and happens only to hopped-up farmers.  If Gallup did a poll, I wonder how many Americans would report that they think they've been abducted.

...As far as Negs inspiring fear through powerful psychics, I think you're already onto something by pointing out the banal flavor of the predictions.  Or, well, they're probably banal to you and me because we've separated out of the hierarchical paradigm.  But there are those out there who believe the balance of earth's future rests upon the great GW.  For them, a prediction of his fall--if they were credulous of it--would inspire fear.  Predicitons that are concerned with power-over-type figures probably came from minds full of power-over concepts. 

Then again, even if you've managed to restore power-within and unplug from the Mommy-and-Daddy-are-Gods family of concepts, you still must deal with a world that is influenced by those concepts.  Then again, knowing that there is more than dog-eat-dog, it's hard for me to conceive that a genuinely advanced prophet would receive and record all dog-eat-dog prophesies.

You can't change a tiger's stripes,
but you can avoid its teeth.

28 (edited by lyra 2006-02-05 19:16:30)

dreamosis wrote:

The power of the early church interests me, too.

Well actually, I never said that the power of the church interests me.  The whole contacting Nostradamus thing interests me.   Not the church.  I know the power that the church had, which is my beef with the church in my present life. 

dreamosis wrote:

It is glossed over in history class and it isn't truly reflected upon.  The Vatican/Roman Empire cut down whole freaking forests to stop men and women from participating in animistic belief systems.  They burned people.  They burned people.  But it won't happen again, right?  There's that magic line of "Past" separating their natures from our natures, right?  If anyone dares to commit a "Hate Crime" nowadays, well then...But wait, what about the KKK? 

Does it rub anybody else the wrong way that the KKK is still recruiting and operating?  ("Well, freedom means freedom for ideas you might not like."--Uh, like vicious racism?)

Dolores Cannon anybody? 

I think this thread was about Dolores and her books and the type of work that she does....?

wink

dreamosis wrote:

Exactly!  Of course, the average person who disbelieves in alien abduction thinks that the delusion is small-scale and happens only to hopped-up farmers.  If Gallup did a poll, I wonder how many Americans would report that they think they've been abducted.

No...not exactly.   Not even close!   Dreamosis....that wasn't my point at all.  ahhhh!  TOTAL miscommunication and all around weirndess going on in your post tonight.   If you go back and re-read what I wrote, you'll see the point I was trying to make isn't that "the average person who disbelieves in alien abductions thinks that the delusion is small-scale and happens only to hopped-up farmers......"  Jeez louise.   It's that regardless of whether it's a delusion or real, isn't the mass scale abduction phenomenon something worth noting in his prophesies?    I mean, among other weirdness that's currently happening in our world. 

dreamosis wrote:

...As far as Negs inspiring fear through powerful psychics, I think you're already onto something by pointing out the banal flavor of the predictions.  Or, well, they're probably banal to you and me because we've separated out of the hierarchical paradigm.  But there are those out there who believe the balance of earth's future rests upon the great GW.  For them, a prediction of his fall--if they were credulous of it--would inspire fear.  Predicitons that are concerned with power-over-type figures probably came from minds full of power-over concepts.

Separated out of the hierarchal paradigm...good point.  Now you're back on track and making some sense.   Considering what I've read so far of Nostradamus, and who he was as a person, and what he knew and what he was capable of doing, I would consider him to be outside the hierarchal paradigm as well.   He had some advanced knowledge and capabilities.  Higher awareness, you could say.  So yeah, I guess that's why I'm a bit confused with his focus on the seemingly banal.

But, maybe it wasn't banal to him.  It was probably pretty fascinating for a 16th century dude to watch scenes from the future.  Even the most banal of activities.....a car driving down the road.....would be utterly fascinating to anybody from that time.  Which is another cool thing that comes out in the book....what did Nostradamus (and Dionysus) think of the future when they glimpsed it in visions?  How did it affect them?  Being doctors, both of them noted how clean and healthy everybody is in the future.  In fact, Nostradamus adopted for himself hygeine practices that he saw in the future. 

That's another reason I love the whole regressions thing, especially when it's not just a regression, but a case of someone in the "past" actually trance meditating and seeing the future - just hearing their perspective on our every day modern world.  What a trip.  smile   For me, I look at my world a little differently since reading this book.  Things I took for granted before.......now I stop and think about it and appreciate it.   Plumbing, electricity, gas stoves for cooking.  Hygeine practice, trash pick up service, and yes, gasp, even modern medicine, which normally irks me to no end.   Having surgery isn't always the answer, but damn, if we're not lucky to have anesthesia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----
-----

lyra wrote:

Dolores Cannon anybody?

Yeah, I got off on a tangent.  My bad.

lyra wrote:

No...not exactly. ...It's that regardless of whether it's a delusion or real, isn't the mass scale abduction phenomenon something worth noting in his prophesies?

That's what I was agreeing with, actually.  I think I just worded my response poorly.  I've tried to convey the same thing to friends who disbelieve in alien abductions, that it's worth investigating even if it is delusional.  The typical (programmed) reaction I run up against, though, is that the abduction phenomenon is small-scale and fringe. 

lyra wrote:

But, maybe it wasn't banal to him.  It was probably pretty fascinating for a 16th century dude to watch scenes from the future.  Even the most banal of activities.....a car driving down the road!!!

...I had a meditation class once where we were trying to tune into the different energies that were stored in the different parts of our body.  For fun, the teacher asked us to focus on our big toes.  I focused on my big toe and got a vivid mental image picture of me playing with Lincoln Logs at my grandmother's house when I was a kid.  Ho-hum.  Some spiritual experience, huh?  I shared it with the class and the class laughed.  The teacher, though, saw it as instructive--pointing out that being psychic isn't seeing something cool, it's just seeing what's there.

Perhaps a lot of what Nostro saw was just what was there, or would be there eventually.  But, heck yeah, it'd be fascinating to look in on the 24th century just to see silver-suited people floss their teeth with a laser pen.

...My wife saw a good psychic once who was able to tell her her childhood dog's name, my name, and give details about her family.  But in the end, although she was initially excited, my wife walked away disappointed because she hadn't learned anything.  The psychic only told her what was there.

My gut, as you write about the N. dude, says that he was genuine and warm, but maybe was messed with.  ...I'm going to check out some Nostrodamus sites...

You can't change a tiger's stripes,
but you can avoid its teeth.

30 (edited by lyra 2006-02-06 08:29:33)

dreamosis wrote:

...My wife saw a good psychic once who was able to tell her her childhood dog's name, my name, and give details about her family.  But in the end, although she was initially excited, my wife walked away disappointed because she hadn't learned anything.  The psychic only told her what was there.

That's the difference between being just your ordinary psychic, and being a GOOD psychic.  wink  A good psychic doesn't just tell you what's there...they tell you what's hidden, and can connect to the higher realms and work with a whole assortment of energies and realms that regular people usually aren't able to, and usually can know some of your past lives as well, without having to ask/fish for any "helpful hints."   I've met many a psychic person in my time -- most people have some degree if natural psychic ability actually, it's just to what degree --  but I've met only four REAL psychics, with abilities that just amazed me to no end.  Absolutely stunning.  Two were male, two were female.  But the kicker is, all four were so incredibly humble about it.  It was completely normal to them, and they used it for absolute good, to help people.  (HMMM!  I'm getting a left ear ringing as I type this.....interesting!! big_smile )  They weren't like one of those palm reader hack psychics who claim to have abilities that they really don't, and they didn't try to coerce anybody into getting readings, and they tread very, very cautiously, always mindful of "freewill."   So, they have become my personal standard by which all others must compare.  smile

dreamosis wrote:

My gut, as you write about the N. dude, says that he was genuine and warm, but maybe was messed with.  ...I'm going to check out some Nostrodamus sites...

Yes, he definitely seems genuine and warm when you read, like a real, fleshed out, multi-dimensional (literally!  double meaning!   haha) person.

Another great aspect of this book, besides everything I wrote in my two earlier posts, is that it will change how you view time.   I was already aware about the nature of all time happening simultaneously, it was something I'd figured out on my own at 17 when I pondered the nature of some of my psychic glimpses into my immediate future that would end up happening, verbatim.  To me that indicated that in order to see the future..........................means that it's already happened.  You can't see something that doesn't exist, right?  Right.   But this book really hammered it home for me.   To the point where I find now that if I'm thinking or referencing something that was in the "past", I think of them as currently existing...in their own time.   It's not over, they haven't disappeared.  They're out there, in their own time. 

We perceive it as being over, due to the nature of how our minds are wired.   But it doesn't mean that it actually is over.   They can be contacted.   And if and when you do, you'll find that they're still alive and kicking, and for them, the future hasn't happened yet.   You're the anomaly, not them!  smile

I just love it, I love having this view on time.  It really expands things, and broadens reality.  I don't know about anybody else, but I've never been comfortable with being trapped into some limited little box, focused only on my immediate surroundings, not seeing anything bigger, not expanding beyond, only thinking of things in a limited, linear sense, and being so....simplistic like that.   So, these books are great for breaking out of those limitations, if you're not already there.

-----
-----