1 (edited by tenetnosce 2005-12-06 23:35:36)

Topic: Gold and silver reach record highs.

Here's my financial advice.  Not to be construed as financial advice.

There will be one more dip as short-term investors sell off, and then some really fun things start to happen.  But they're only fun if you have gold and silver.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provid … ID=5332863

It is not for us to understand love, but simply to make space for it.

Re: Gold and silver reach record highs.

Yes indeed i have done rather well this year by converting most of my savings into Gold and silver coinage.

Its not like we are fractions of the whole but rather versions of the whole.

3 (edited by tenetnosce 2006-04-17 15:53:37)

Original Post:  2005-12-07

Gold ($519.90) and silver ($8.92) reach record highs.

Update:  2006-04-17

Gold ($614.50) and silver ($13.37) still at record highs.

Effective APY of owning precious metals from 2005-12-07 to 2006-04-17 (125 days)

Gold:  53.1%

Silver:  145.7%

I have been meaning to thank you guys recently anyway....................

THANK YOU TENETNOSCE!!!

THANK YOU BAREFOOT DOC!!!

I put ALL my savings into Ag.... then got a loan out for half a years salary, and put that in to!!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Yes - I would like to add a thank you as well.

Nice amount you must have brought there Toad.  I am aiming to buy a lot more - looks the value is still going to increase.

Everything went to gold and silver a while ago.

Now I sit back and slowly watch, slowly winning the lottery smile

Don't thank me, I just presented a couple of facts.  Thank yourselves for acting on the information in a manner which is of service to yourselves as well as others.

Again, I'm not a financial advisor, I'm just a dude taking his first crack at investments.  It seems logical to me to invest money in things that have tangible value, at least as a start.  If I've got some play money sitting around later, I can throw it at the next Google for fun.

One thing I've done differently is to peg my monthly allowance to gold and silver, and manage the rest of my money from there.  Therefore, whenever the price of precious metals rises I get a raise, and vice-versa.  Kind of an extra safety mechanism.  I've also paid off all my debts except for student loans.

In november of 04' I began the dissambelage of the portfolio. Im now 100% precious metals bullion. It was around 04' when then worlds billionaires started to buy it up like mad. I thought to myself, they know what their doing and I I don't have too much to loose so lets follow suit and see what happens. At the very least. Its cool to have.

As It turns out, this was the single smartest thing I have ever done in terms of finances.

$640.70 USDper/oz right now, bought it at $445.00 USDper/oz  smile

9 (edited by Barefoot Doc 2006-04-20 09:13:30)

A good tip i have found to be usefull is to buy old silver coins of ebay which may have a lower silver content than ther .999 pure bullion coins around today but can be often had for less or round about the intrinsic price.

Stuff like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/222-british-1890- … dZViewItem

Its not like we are fractions of the whole but rather versions of the whole.

Thats a hot tip Barefoot Doc.

This is not really my subject but here is a link from a Sage guy I know and he seems to know the subject well.

http://www.stuartwilde.com/Articles/SW_ … cline.html

StarCat

ummmm, investing in gold and silver is worth.
¿what do you think about precious stones like diamonds and emeralds. ¿ will they
have a real value in the future? because right now they seem to be overpriced
by the dollar economy.