1 (edited by Christine B. 2004-06-01 05:53:08)

Topic: Following Your Destiny

Montalk wrote:

time is better spent following your destiny and seeking out those you resonate with and intuitively trust.

On the thread "Amongst the Wolves" Tom mentioned the above. 

Destiny has been an enormous interest to me, as I'm sure it is to others, for quite a long time. 

I'd like to explore, with those of you who are willing, what you've found as the best techniques, and guidance (books, etc) to following your destiny.

And *how* do you know it IS your destiny and not some patterned response or programmed road from the Matrix?

I've found that it does not always feel so great, following what I believe to be my destiny.  So, "feeling" good isn't necessarily the marker for being on track.  In other words, sometimes, I'd much rather turn left instead of right as it's "easier" perhaps more fun and doesn't require as much work.  (Note:  turning left is just for analogy, I could have said turning right or going straight ahead or standing still etc).

Another question that comes up is:  what really IS destiny?  So, perhaps first of all would be sharing the definition of what we agree, on this board, to be "destiny".

Thank you to all who want to answer and share their experiences.

Warm regards,
Christine

2 (edited by Torarota 2004-06-01 06:06:34)

Re: Following Your Destiny

I'd say look elsewhere...Look within. Go for the tried and tested even if it sounds dated (as opposed to the marketed, priced and hyped). Knowledge is free. It doesn't come in monthly installments.

At the end of the day there is only one guide which can be trusted at all times. Part of it is within. It doesn't "speak", doesn't "make you do" and if something sounds like a bad idea, well, it is. If it sounds "ideal",then it probably is ok. if it sounds "too good to be true" then it probably is. Get it?

"He simply said: Laianela"

I believe destiny is the manifestation of our soul purpose.  With the point of view that it's our soul that is "real" and our body merely a temporary creative interface, I would say that our physical life is a means of bringing our soul purpose into physical reality for the experience and learning of our soul.  If we could see things as they really are we might find that our soul is actually primary, like someone playing a virtual reality game, and that our body/mind generates a virtual reality according to the desires of the game player based on a template provided by the game designer.  With interference with others playing a different game we've become trapped in our own virtual reality and have lost "sight" of the real game player and purpose and our perception is that there is nothing "behind" the interface.  We can't see that we're an interface, a co-creator, so our virtual reality is absurb and meaningless.

Like Torarota says, look within.  The truth is within you.  That's where you'll find your soul, your true self, your integrity, your purpose.

5 (edited by Torarota 2004-06-01 06:52:48)

Soloflecks wrote:

I believe destiny is the manifestation of our soul purpose.  With the point of view that it's our soul that is "real" and our body merely a temporary creative interface, I would say that our physical life is a means of bringing our soul purpose into physical reality for the experience and learning of our soul.  If we could see things as they really are we might find that our soul is actually primary, like someone playing a virtual reality game, and that our body/mind generates a virtual reality according to the desires of the game player based on a template provided by the game designer.  With interference with others playing a different game we've become trapped in our own virtual reality and have lost "sight" of the real game player and purpose and our perception is that there is nothing "behind" the interface.  We can't see that we're an interface, a co-creator, so our virtual reality is absurb and meaningless.

!!!!!!!!

"He simply said: Laianela"

Soloflecks wrote:

We can't see that we're an interface, a co-creator, so our virtual reality is absurb and meaningless.

Wouldn't that make everything in this virtual reality very meaningful to us?

ermolai wrote:

Wouldn't that make everything in this virtual reality very meaningful to us?

Life's a conduit, so all points are of equal importance. I think what Soloflecks means is that to those who cannot see that we are indeed microcosmic 'creators', cannot see the meaning or purpose of our existence. They feel lost and alone so the majority groups together in deifications of pre-existing montheisms.

Perhaps if they could see, they would realize that every form of reality has equal importance and meaning as the next, regardless of density or forms of higher or lower existence.

Hi Christine,

Destiny - Destination

I think that destiny is probably comprised of an end goal, with any number of paths that can be taken to get there. A "true" path would be the most direct way, but then the vast majority of us have somewhat wandered from any path or never realised that a path even existed.

I think it was Castaneda that said "make sure you take a path with heart, then you can be sure that this is the correct or truer path".

I do not think he meant that it could not be painful at times, despite being a path with heart.

I can normally guage my destiny and path by seeing how much I am struggling in life. Fortunately this has not been for a while, apart from a few minor struggles here and there which were dealt with just fine.

I know quite well when I am fulfilling my destiny because my life is "In the flow", it feels "divine",and when highly positive synchronistic events frequent almost every hour of my day, its an experience of the "Spiritual Midas Touch" in varying degrees.

That does not mean to say though, that I know for sure what my true final destiny is.

I would reason that there are at least two main reasons why the struggles exist and that would be a) one is encountering karmic debt or similar, but at the same time when in the flow these kinds of issues are recognised and processed with the minimum of fuss or b) there is a gap between where one is now and where "should or could" be at that point in time according to ones destiny or blueprint.

I have also found that getting from "off destinies track" to "back on destinies track",can also involve struggle before one finally slip back into the flow again.

I recognise this in a cyclic way too - at the end of one cycle and the beginning of another there is often resistance to this change.

I recall that someone once said that "if you dont make a change in your life, then life has a habit of making those changes for you".

We all get a frequent number of signs in life with regard to our destiny that we can choose either to ignore or not. These signs, I have noticed tend to increase in "severity/volume" as time goes on until a very significant event happens that will cause us to look at some hard truths. I think normally we tend to have to suffer a lot first before we recognise and accept change gracefully.

Just my thoughts.

Warm regards

JT

That's pretty much what I had in mind, BB.  We feel the emptiness in the reality we've created; we just don't know why it feels that way, so we suffer from depression, anxiety, and general unhappiness with our lives.  We take antidepressants, we buy self-help books, we go for counseling, we go shopping, we drink alcohol and take street drugs, we try to get a job promotion, we try to find love in relationships, and we still aren't happy.  I believe this lack of meaning, disenfranchisement, and isolation results from creating a virtual reality based on lies which does not serve our true selves, our soul purpose.