Topic: Karla Turner's book "Taken" now online

Pass it around smile

http://bb.1asphost.com/taken

Awesome book about alien and military abductions. No wonder it's out of print and the author deceased. Pretty hardcore stuff that needs to be freely available, and now it is.

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

Re: Karla Turner's book "Taken" now online

Just finished reading the intro and Pat's story. Whew. Intense.

I've read the same so far as well.  Pretty hardcore indeed.   Years ago I read quite a bit on the subject of UFOs, long before any conspiracy or spiritual types of books.   In fact I have Karla Turner's earlier book "Into the Fringe" sitting on my shelf now for many years, which I never got around to reading.   Anyway I get quite a different feeling reading this one so far than I did back then reading the Budd Hopkins books which stand out most in my memory as the "abduction research" ones.

I'm particularly struck that in the first story here (Pat's) we already encounter aliens impersonating Jesus, apparently able to move souls in and out of host bodies, interfering in dreams, and reptilians.   I'm looking forward to reading the rest.. though I must say just reading this book alone by myself at night makes me anxious.  I always have gotten that way reading abduction related books.

4 (edited by lyra 2005-01-23 17:37:48)

SednaSphere wrote:

Whew. Intense.

morningsun76 wrote:

Pretty hardcore indeed. ...though I must say just reading this book alone by myself at night makes me anxious.

Yup, I second this. I had the same reactions.  Made me anxious, and messed me up a little for the reasons morningsun76 mentioned.  It's the nature of the material.......this isn't stuff you typically see in most abduction "research" material.   This is actually along the lines of what the C's talked about.  It's all the stuff they mentioned - reanimating people, capturing souls and moving them around from body to body, aliens impersonating religious figures or passing themselves off as "angels", the Grays and Reptilians working in cahoots with the military, the "Nordic" beings who are in control of ALL of them,  being raped by reptilian beings while the military personnel just stand around and watch, the genetic experimentation and trying to create new "human shells" to put on the planet to "change the frequency".....it's all stuff the C's talked about.   

I planned on reading it straight through, but couldn't.  Put it down and just went off to bed and curled up under the covers.   

It's worth a read though for all abduction research enthusiasts.   Thanks to montalk too for putting so much work into scanning it and setting up a website for it so that it'll be available to all.......

EDIT:   Just wanted to add something else...........My thoughts when reading the abductees' stories was that I believe these sort of things are happening to them and continue to happen to them for years on end because of the frequency the abductees give off.   When you read their stories, you of course see and feel their fear.   Lots of intense fear, for years on end.   Afraid to go to sleep, waking up periodically throughout the night, scared, lots of fear.   

Fear attracts them in like sharks to fresh blood.  Elimanate the fear and I SWEAR TO YOU they back off.   Cut off their food source and they have no use for you.  I have gone through this nonsense myself, and back in 2002 I was "on the fence" of either going one way or the other.......I could have easily gone in the direction of these women you see in the book.  I had the helicopter harrassment, weird phone interference, entities comin' round at night trying to scare the bejesus out of me and even going after my CAT, I had the same identical situation as one woman in the book of something trying to pull me out of my body so I felt like I was spinning super fast, round and round, while being pulled upwards.....fought it off.    I had so much similar stuff.  And I just got to the point of being totally fed up.  I was over it.   I gleaned some insight about "the fear frequency" and that was it, I was done.  I stopped being scared, got a sincere eye rolling, hand waving dismissive attitude about it all and....it just stopped.    Never had that stuff happen again.

If you read this book, PLEASE keep this in mind.  It doesn't have to go that way.   We're NOT helpless and powerless.   The mistake many abductees make, and you see it in the book, is to think they need to beg and pray for help outside of themselves from some imaginary God being who can help them.  Then they can't understand why the help never comes, and why "God" keeps "allowing" these Grays and Reptiles and Military personnel to do these things to them.   Well, it's because it doesn't work that way!   You need to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and change your frequency from within.    "God helps those who help themselves......"     Hmmm!  You need to take matters into your own hands.  Don't cower in the corner, scared.  Take action.   Change from within, change your vibe.   Trust me, it works.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

Yes, I second this. I've had the helicopters and the harrassement, and some of the other things Lyra mentioned. I , too, quickly found out that fear only goaded them on, and I got "sober" and realized I had had enough and that I did not have to continue with this experience. I actually got so that I enjoyed any attempts thay made to make me afraid, and lauphed while I watched them cower in fear of lil' ol me. They just can't work with a fear-free individual. Tastes funny to 'em.

The Yosemite Sam attitude : I'm gonna blast them varmints! ( Without Sam's obsessively overweening rootem' tootem' shootemup' indulgences. Couph.

But yeah, I couldn't read much farther than I did at one sitting, either, and I too curled up bed afterward feeling a bit more anxious than usual.
Then I realized: it's over. I already smashed em up. Buh bye!

A little goes a long way with this material!

6 (edited by lyra 2005-01-24 07:14:29)

What's interesting is that this book is reminding me of stuff and making me have realizations.   I've had the information with me all along, but just never seemed to access it or piece it together, if that makes any sense.  Probably programming and blocks.  After this weekend I've had realizations or outright remembered things which I've forgotten about and are so glaringly obvious that it's frightening on some levels....like, HOW DID I FORGET / DISMISS THAT?!?  HOW DID I THINK THAT I JUST "IMAGINED" THAT?!?!  OH MY GOD!!!!!  Partly it's because way back when I had no idea about this stuff.  I had no knowledge of "military abductions", and never even believed that I had anything funny in terms of "alien" abductions either.   So that "hallucination" I had when I was 20 where the "military looking guy with the gun" appeared suddenly in the room I was staying at, coming right up on me very quickly and stealth-like with a gun and reaching out for me was just that..........a crazy vivid hallucination.   I always thought it was nuts that I would imagine something like that, like, where did THAT come from?!?    Then I just forgot about it altogether.   So there I am reading about "military abductions" starting about 2 years ago, reading about how they come into your room, grab you and are off with you to wherever they take you and I'm going "Yeah RIGHT!  haha!  That's so stupid!  That's not how they do it, I'm sure!"   Meanwhile, I had a "halluncination" of the very same exact thing from 10 years ago, but which I just dismissed, and then forgot about altogether.  Til now.

This book is a catalyst.................

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
-----

I'm a good ways into the book now and am absolutely amazed at how all the different subjects I've been reading about lately are getting their loose ends tied up.  Not just what's traditionally considered "UFO material" but a rather wide range of "paranormal" activity seems to be accounted for in this book in a way that rings quite true to these ears.

As far as the book being a catalyst... well!  The other night, it sparked a particular childhood memory of my own that for some reason I had just "forgotten" as well, involving the front yard of my home one night being brightly illuminated from above (the entire field) and lots of people (?) moving about.  What they were is not at all clear, I didn't see them as much as sense them, but there were a lot.  The lighting of the field, though, was a strong visual.   That's all I can remember and I'm not sure whether it all comes from a dream or something else.    It may not matter.    My reaction to remembering it all of a sudden after many years was "wow, that was quite a vivid recollection, how come I didn't remember it until now?"   

I haven't had any direct sightings of actual craft or strange beings or people that would lead me to believe I'm an abductee or otherwise in contact.  But I have enough of the related anomalous symptoms and experiences to make me strongly wonder what else may be going on that I'm not aware of.

Something weird I'm noticing is that while I'm trying to read this book or go back and re-read it and comb through it I have this "veil of sleepiness" that's blanketing me.    I was tired all weekend and slept half the weekend away, which is REALLY unusual for me.  I'm not sick or anything, no reason really to be THAT tired.   I didn't put two and two together until tonight, (monday night).    I'm re-reading the material and I have this compulsion to just get up and walk away and go off to bed.  But I'm not really tired. It's like this artifical, tacked on blanket veil of sleepiness to get me to stop reading the book.   I realized that this weekend was when I sat down to read the book...and that's when the tired problem coincidentally began.    I used to get this when I'd tried to read the C's material.   I'd be fine until I sat down and flipped open my binder, then boom, instant crash and burn and I'd crawl onto my bed and pass out and forget about reading.  Now I'm getting it again with this material.   It's so BIZARRE, because I can feel that I'm totally awake and alert under this tacked on veil.   So weird........

-----
-----

Lyra, this is the second or third time you've said something in the past week or so that mirrors my own thoughts or experience.  I was getting the same feeling reading this last night, or maybe it was the night before.  I've also had this same thing happen before while reading something especially interesting of a metaphysical nature.  I can't prove it but my sense of the situation is that this is different than the regular "just getting sleepy" that can happen while reading sometimes, and might represent some form of psychic or technological interference.  Anyway it's not just you.   As I've been finding, awareness of the problem is half the battle, because when I noticed it the other night my response was to will myself to continue reading no matter what.   Deliberately focusing your attention, to a razor sharp point, on a specific task seems to be sufficient to overcome this sort of obstacle, though I remember feeling that way for at least 30 minutes or an hour, maybe a bit more even. 

As I progress in reading "Taken," I'm realizing I need to get back into reading UFO related literature which I've avoided for a long time.  I've done some googling on Karla Turner as well and she had an excellent reputation as a "human rights activist" in the context of alien abductions.

lyra wrote:

Something weird I'm noticing is that while I'm trying to read this book or go back and re-read it and comb through it I have this "veil of sleepiness" that's blanketing me.    I was tired all weekend and slept half the weekend away, which is REALLY unusual for me.  I'm not sick or anything, no reason really to be THAT tired.   I didn't put two and two together until tonight, (monday night).    I'm re-reading the material and I have this compulsion to just get up and walk away and go off to bed.  But I'm not really tired. It's like this artifical, tacked on blanket veil of sleepiness to get me to stop reading the book.   I realized that this weekend was when I sat down to read the book...and that's when the tired problem coincidentally began.    I used to get this when I'd tried to read the C's material.   I'd be fine until I sat down and flipped open my binder, then boom, instant crash and burn and I'd crawl onto my bed and pass out and forget about reading.  Now I'm getting it again with this material.   It's so BIZARRE, because I can feel that I'm totally awake and alert under this tacked on veil.   So weird........

Decided to respond in another thread, please see:

http://montalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=12898#p12898

Stephen

I finished Taken last night and found it to be quite an excellent book with a lot of information I haven't seen elsewhere in UFO literature.  A+ and many thanks for making it available.

Jacques Vallee wrote:

"There is a strange urge in my mind. I would like to stop behaving as a rat pressing levers-even if I have to go hungry for a while. I would like to step outside the conditioning maze and see what makes it tick. I wonder what I would find. Perhaps a terrible superhuman monstrosity the very contemplation of which would make a man insane? Perhaps a solemn gathering of wise men? Or the maddening simplicity of unattended clockwork?"

Gooooooood quote, morningsun76!!    I wish it would fit in the little quote area under our posts!

-----
-----

I found a great link to something that fills many blanks in the Karla Turner and Cassiopaean Material:

http://www.beyondweird.com/ufos/Revelat … _1990.html

Some of the material seems questionable, but other parts seem right on.

Topics covered:
* alien species
* who is vulnerable to abductions
* the government/military role in the alien agenda
* Dulce Base and other underground bases
* cloning/duplicating humans to reanimate/replicate them
* genetic engineering during ancient times
* tips on helping others become aware

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

Hi all,

Something interested just happened.  This evening I sent out "Allies of Humanity" and "Taken" as attachments to an e-mail, to a lot of people I know personally as well as webmasters of a few sites. 

Now, a few hours later, I got back home from being out and found I received a nice thank you response from Ken at educate-yourself.org.  I've been meaning to spend some time going over his site for quite awhile now and for some reason never got around to it, so I decided to look at it now.  Anyway he has a prominent "please don't send e-mail attachments" message there.  I began to write back to apologize and to explain why I sent them, including that "Taken" especially had triggered some odd memories for me personally. 

As I was writing those words I got a powerful muting/high-pitched tone in my left ear.  I said out loud words to the effect of "F--- off, in Jesus Christ name I command you to leave me alone, go away, I don't consent to any interference with me, leave me alone now."  Anyway the tone had disappeared after 10 seconds or so as they usually do, but since it was happening as I was writing this e-mail, I decided to apply my rule of absolutely mentioning this sort of weirdness (which usually applies to NR, not e-mails to strangers!) but I went ahead and mentioned in the e-mail to him exactly what just happened and that if he thought I was a complete nut to just disregard the e-mail.  I normally wouldn't mention this sort of extreme weirdness to most people I know even, but I figure this guy has a website that deals with mind control and other off the wall subjects so I'd let him know.    While I was mentioning to him in the e-mail about the ear muting and that it was accounted for in "Taken" I got what felt like a wave of not-quite-dizziness but something very similar, possibly related to the "zzzzz sleepy" feeling that some of us have reported in another NR thread recently.   It stopped after a couple of minutes.    I did not feel fear but very annoyed and pissed off.   So my self-control in this particular instance was good.  I wonder if I am tested more severely how I would react.

Anyway this was an absolute no doubt weirdness event... and as I mentioned also in my e-mail it just serves to confirm that this subject matter is definitely considered important by SOMEONE ... or someTHING.   Whoever they are are quite obviously watching computer activity and offering some sort of physical response.  The "dizziness" type of feeling was a new one for me, whereas I've experienced the ear ringing now probably at least a dozen or two times, though I haven't kept count.

If anyone has any comments, or especially informed advice, I'm all ears.

i feel the computer activity is watched yes. my internet has been suspiciously sluggish lately, i have broadband,.... any1 else haveing slower-than-normal connection ?

i too get ear rings occasionally... very mild ones. i squint my eyes and tell the ring to go away much like you do, and it goes away.

also, a bit unrelated but i been seeing strange erections (buldings, poles, towers, mind you) pop out of NOWHERE. i mean in one day a new microwave/celltower pops up outta nowhere? and i see these box-like contraptions with wires connected to street lights and power lines, all ghetto rigged ? and i just feel these things arent right, i notice them right away immediately. (im very observant)

"...i was taken by the hand, from the ocean to the sand..."
nitin sawhney - 'eastern eyes'