Re: Request for active moderation

Patience smile I had the broom and mop out last night, waiting til this morning to see just how crazy things would get. Well, it's pretty crazy, but then again it's a sunday and the day after new moon so what do you expect. Anyway, check back in an hour for the sparkle and shine.

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

17 (edited by Moralman 2004-12-12 09:29:46)

Neomatrix wrote:

I'd also like to add some additional thoughts about our other friend, Moralman. That guy is just a complete time waster, folks. He posts questions here like he's open to learning from the replies, but when the replies are in he just states his already assumed Biblical/2012 obsessed point of view. He is also completely intolerant of uniqueness and individuality, bigoted, and genuinely homophobic. Oh sure, he tries to gloss it over, but he's shown his true colors far too many times to adequately apply damage control later. To me, Noble Realms is a community of LEARNERS. If you aren't here to learn, if you just want to preach your own narrow minded, homophobic, juvenile crap, then this is probably not the place for you.

Dear Neo-Matrix
kind regards
I would like to genuinely and kindly correct a few things that you stated.
I do ask questions to learn from the perspective of others and sometimes I agree with peoples statements and other times I don't.
In the past I have agreed with quite alot that you have stated even when it goes against institionalised Christianity of which I have no part or allegiance.
I do have views about Christhood and 2012 connected to the Bible but that isn't a bad thing or wrong............Ayahasca has views that he learned by consuming mushroom potion and you don't see me condemning him for that.
I tolerate uniqueness and individuality if it is of a Moral nature and wholly upright in truth and decency.
I may appear bigoted but I am not-my views on alot of things including the Bible wouldn't please instionalised Christianity.
I find people such as yourself more open to reason than some Christians.
Homosexuals are hetrophobic and seek to destroy civilisation-they are cunning and devious.
I don't have a conpiracy against them-they have a conspiracy against me, you and other civilised members of society.
I am surprised that you would take a stand for homosexuals since they undermine hetrosexual relationships.
I encourage you and others to kindly understand me and my views and stick around at Noble realms-there is no reason to leave this forum.
yours thankfully
John

In another thread I said that when it comes to allowing or disallowing buffoonery, the choice was between being foolish or being intolerant. Well, considering the way things have gone, the final outcome and the whole mattering more than the sensitivity of any single offender, I'll have to go with the latter and delete Moralman's membership to NR. If this is seen as intolerance, then so be it - the alternative is no better.

Others here who call themselves Christian get along just fine because they act like adults; the issue here is not what views are presented so much as how they are presented and in what context. Anyone with sensibility and maturity will know what crosses the line and what does not. Moralman has gotten plenty of time to express his views and interact with others, and like anyone can continue reading this board for his own private study if he so chooses, but somehow etiquette doesn't make up for immaturity and an irresolvably discordant influence.

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

Moralman wrote:

Homosexuals are hetrophobic and seek to destroy civilisation-they are cunning and devious.
I don't have a conpiracy against them-they have a conspiracy against me, you and other civilised members of society.

Au contraire, I believe it is bigotry displayed by the likes of you that are doing things to that effect.

morningsun76, I find your reactions regarding the topic on homosexuality just as emotional as other's posts, and you may want to ask yourself why this is so. I do have serious doubts regarding the mainstream media's perspectives on this subject, coming not from biblical dogmatism but from my own, as well as others', experiences. Anyway I do not wish to enter into another debate in this thread but this is just something I wanted to note in regard to this now-closing affair.

Booooo these Droids !

out with the Old, in with the New.

Thanks Montalk for cleaning up the trash !

Onward! As We Continue Our Quests, No Interruptions, No Commercials !!

"...i was taken by the hand, from the ocean to the sand..."
nitin sawhney - 'eastern eyes'

22 (edited by morningsun76 2005-10-11 03:37:13)

Ermolai,

I'm not quite sure I understand why you bring up this observation here.  This thread was started for discussing moderator action in response to intentional disruption of the forum.  I don't see the relevance of whether or not I seem emotional about another subject ... if you want to discuss it further in another thread I'll be there.

Peace.

I just arrived here on Planet NR, so I cannot speak to the history of these altercations and I don't know anything about any particular members who might have nefarious intentions. 

However I do have a lot of experiences in other forums on other sites regarding these kinds of "wars".  I got looped into one once on another site with a woman who I approached with openness and humility because she appeared to have something to teach me.  In response I got the most Ego-driven condescending comments which, incidentally, didn't even answer the question I posed.....

Then I realized later she probably felt threatened because her overstanding of the issue was not complete, and my question threatened to make that clear.  I couldn't believe she responded this way, however, because I emailed her privately so that it wouldn't become a public display if she couldn't answer me.  And yet she reacted so nastily.  I began composing this long response to tell her about herself and then I wondered, what is the point?

Maybe I am wrong.  Perhaps I should have confronted her.  But I got the feeling she was in no place to see the lesson and understand that I came not with the intention to threaten but the intention to exchange.

In short, I gave up.

So I want to big-up LYRA for her suggestions that certain provocative posts just be ignored.  Maybe that is the most beneficial approach.

However, one point on the metaphysics of the internet:

While I agree that in many ways the world of internet forums are "imaginary" and "all in our minds" I do know from my own experience that people's auras, intentions and energies can be read, crystal clear, even through emails, forum posts, and instant messages.

In other words, this perceived negative energy can be real, even if it is not exchanged in the physical 3d world between two flesh bodies speaking aloud.....

nevertheless, just as in the flesh-and-blood realm, it is not necessary to react.

If you sense someone is being silly, bigoted, provocative, immature, unreasonable, ego-driven, remember this:

The Eagle does not hunt the Flea!!

Personally I look forward to the widest range of participants possible, even if this means that occassionally someone sneaks in with nasty negativity.  Even the dogmatic and unreasonable may have something to teach me...

I feel a lot of gratitude that this site exists.  I am interested to see how things will manifest if there are more pranksters infiltrating.  It is a challenge to decide how to deal with them.  Good luck, Montalk!

morningsun76 wrote:

Ermolai,

I'm not quite sure I understand why you bring up this observation here.  This thread was started for discussing moderator action in response to intentional disruption of the forum.  I don't see the relevance of whether or not I seem emotional about another subject.

The topic in question is what prompted you to start this thread.

Peace.

Truth. smile

ermolai wrote:

The topic in question is what prompted you to start this thread.

No, it isn't. 

ermolai wrote:

Truth. smile

If you are going to insinuate that something I am saying is not truthful, I think it would be more appropriate to do it by articulating some sort of argument to that effect, explaining your reasons.  Just answering me by saying "truth" doesn't mean anything at all, and is just as impolite even with the smiley face.

Can't we all just get along?!?!?

smile

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

Where different parties are in disagreement on any issue, a healthy debate is a good thing if everyone approaches it with an open and positive attitude directed towards finding truth and learning something. 

So, I don't mind being challenged on anything I say.  Anyone who minds being questioned probably has something to hide (Bush and Kerry immediately come to mind, with their scripted debates.)   It's just only fair, though, that if you're going to step up and publicly question another person's motives or integrity, you better have a good reason why and not just beat around the bush.

So, while I don't think ermolai intended any offense, I thought his last post was wrong and unfair, so I responded and that's that.  His was a small, quick post, and my response was appropriately likewise.  There's no hard feelings.  In fact, by not just letting it go, maybe I will get a reply back with a bit more of what he means and maybe an informative thread could result.  Anyway that's where I'm coming from.

So to all, peace AND truth, and cheers to intelligent discussion. 

"All we need to do .. is make sure .. we KEEP TALKING."
-- Stephen Hawking, as sampled in that Pink Floyd song

Neomatrix wrote:

Funny you should say that, I was thinking today about discontinuing my participation on the NR forum. It is becoming a "haven" (pun intended) for some very easily offended folks who have a strong belief system to defend. I had a feeling that I would be targetted again today if I made any posts and so I almost didn't, but I wanted to respond to tilli's postings in the Twin Flame thread. So, I thought, "f*ck it, I'm not gonna let these narrow minded idiots chase me away," and I responded to her. And, wouldn't you know it, I get flamed almost immediately after posting. I make no apologies for my use of harsh language when dealing with these individuals. They are stupid annoying fucks as far as I am concerned, and I echo your concerns about them affecting the quality of posts and posters here.

I honestly think you were upset that you felt you came off the lesser.  I know you won't admit this, and I know that your friends will stick by you, which they should do.  While I value loyalty, I would expect people to draw private conclusions that value truth and rationality above all else.

As far as being easily offended, yes, I have a low tolerance for bullying.  That's my flaw, but I wouldn't want to get rid of it.  As to having a strong belief system, I don't know where someone gets the idea that I'm a fundamentalist christian, if that is what you're implying. I consciously chose christianity because it encoded truths.  There are many roads to enlightenment, and I choose christianity.  That doesn't make me narrow-viewed or whatever.  I don't confuse my identity with the christian identity.

To me, I would think that any rational, mature person would see that neo is very ego-oriented, and that that belief system, that the matter of being right and wrong is of the utmost importance, is a lot more destructive.  I personally don't hold grudges, and I know that being obsessed with validation is something that we all must eventually face, and hopefully overcome.  I don't hold anyone's ignorance against them, unless they devalue an innocent person's viewpoint.  I may be wrong, but to me it seemed moralman was not harming anyone.  With the exception of Neo, everyone handled it maturely, and moved on to better things, or they kept most of their animosity to what I think is an appropriate and realistic level.

I don't know if this is grounds for being banned or what, with me posting what I did.  I don't know the procedure.  I don't really want to believe that everyone here sees the whole situation from such a slanted perspective.  While that may be the case, it would boggle my mind if that's how it is perceived.

As to my participation in that, and I think I handled it relatively well, I apologize for cluttering up or degrading the true intent of this forum.  I see that arguing with Neo is pointless, as it will go nowhere, so I would have no intention to do it again.  While it was amusing to see the logic he applied, and see the gaping holes left in his defenses, it is more a pasttime of the ego than it is anything else.  I wouldn't really expect seeing it happen again anytime soon.

* When we start identifying wisdom with our ability to comprehend its form, what wisdom is that?
* Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
* People want platitudes, not progress.

29 (edited by lyra 2004-12-14 06:35:24)

Can we drop this, people?   At this point it's gone into the realm of needling.   Poke poke poking a thorn into someone's side for the sake of needling.

There's something called 'Ignore.'   It works wonders!  Trust me!   You need two people to play a game!   I've had people try to provoke me into playing.  And I ignored all their posts!   It saved all the other posters the negative experience of having to read my negative response, then the guaranteed even MORE negative responses I would have gotten in return, then another huge blowup and who knows what.   

It's hard to do, I know, that's ego talking............"you have to respond!  save face!  you can't let someone say something like that about you!  you can't let them get away with it!  you'll look like a chump!   chump!  chump!  chump!  hey chump!  you're a chump!  respond!  save face!  defend yourself!  get back at them!   put them in their place!   one up them!  chump!"

That's ego!  Let it go.  Look the other way.  It's not worth it.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

sticks and stones ....

"...i was taken by the hand, from the ocean to the sand..."
nitin sawhney - 'eastern eyes'