Noble Realms

spirituality - physics - conspiracy - philosophy - wisdom - and more...

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Noble Realms Forum is now closed. It will remain online as a searchable archive of posts spanning 3/25/04 to 2/22/08. Members may still log in to use email functions, but there will be no further posting activity. Thank you to everyone who has contributed over the years. - Tom/montalk

#16 2008-02-11 17:39:24

meta-agnostic
Member
Registered: 2006-01-05

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

Kahnsentrayshun wrote:

Yeah, so if the electronic dollar collapses, we will see the main currencies for exchange being FR notes, gold and silver bullion, gold and silver jewelery, food, packs of cigarettes, and alcohol.

And don't forget about good old American (as well as other countries, although I believe the US still has some of the highest valued) currently-issued base metal coinage!!!  I find it disappointing how infrequently regular coinage gets mentioned in all these debates.  If TSHTF do you think you'd be better off with $1000 in $100 FRNs, $1000 in $1 FRNs, or $1000 in half dollars, quarters and nickels?  Probably best to diversify, no?  I've mentioned it in some other places but current melt values for coins are regularly tracked at www.coinflation.com, both current debased coinage as well as older precious metal coins.  All he has right now are USA and Canada but he keeps saying he will add more.  I'm pretty sure Euros are stainless steel crap, not sure about other countries' coins.  Any locals from other places have more info?  If everything goes all haywire and electronic money is decoupled from physical, I would at least expect to see a premium on nickels and older pennies compared to quarters and dimes.  Dollar coins are their own difficult ball of wax.  At any rate, it wouldn't hurt to stop into your friendly neighborhood bank branch and ask for some coinage while it's still easy to get.  Maybe count up those change jars, too.  Coinage is and always has been realler money than FRNs, let's not let them take that away anytime soon.

The links I posted in this thread may relate to this:
http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=5705
The two most recent ones definitely need further investigation.  The bottom one probably needs some debunking because to me it reeks of a cobbled together disinformative conspiracy theory, but based on the truth.  Something is definitely on the horizon, and with all the dates lining up and whatnot it may very well be The Last Big Thing, but I don't think it's set in stone that it will be some kind of ruinous Mad Max type scenario.  As long as there are people like us thinking about it and working on it and ready to be ready when the time comes there's no reason to give up hope.  Facilitating a smooth transition may in fact mean we are the ones we've been waiting for! big_smile

Offline

 

#17 2008-02-11 22:55:54

NightWatch
Member
Registered: 2008-02-04

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

proto wrote:
I don't want to lecture NR, since we're a smart bunch, but we all should know that money is a joke in a grander scheme of things.



i also resonate with this thought.  If/when the fan spreads the mess all over, there will be freaks(including the guys in the
suits) who will try to take what you have so carefully hoarded once it is known that you do have worth or items of worth.
What about the personal spiritual wisdom and savvy?

Also has any one considers what people of other continents,countries and islands, would be experiencing?...just a thought
cheers


expect nothing but be pleasantly surprised
tomorrow the sun may never shine....enjoy today---my father

Offline

 

#18 2008-02-12 00:15:10

Kahnsentrayshun
Member
From: Upland, California
Registered: 2007-01-21

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

lawofattraction wrote:

Here in New Hampshire the Free State Project people have already started an alternative "monetary" system based on barter of silver and gold coins. Mostly silver. They are also experimenting with trading alternatives like booze, cigarettes, etc. Many of them were also using the Norfed Liberty Dollars (a private gold and silver backed currency) before the Feds shut it down a few months ago.

Huh? They are actually experimenting with trading booze and cigarettes? The only reason why those would be trade-able was if a crash happened. If a crash happens, people know those have value because everyone is addicted to them. I see people trading those as a currency before a crash very unlikely.

NightWatch wrote:

proto wrote:
I don't want to lecture NR, since we're a smart bunch, but we all should know that money is a joke in a grander scheme of things.



i also resonate with this thought.  If/when the fan spreads the mess all over, there will be freaks(including the guys in the
suits) who will try to take what you have so carefully hoarded once it is known that you do have worth or items of worth.
What about the personal spiritual wisdom and savvy?

Also has any one considers what people of other continents,countries and islands, would be experiencing?...just a thought
cheers

I see lots of theft occurring if/when as you put "the fan spreads the mess all over." Yeah, it'll happen... I don't think it'll be utter chaos though 24/7. There might be a panic or something that causes a lot of devastation, but once it settles people will pretty much try to find order. We will have martial law, so they will make sure there isn't too much crime going on. Though, they themselves might jack people's stuff. I'll probably dig a hole somewhere and bury some of my stuff. I won't have a lot to begin with. Dollars, gold, and silver don't take up much space. I could hide those pretty good wherever I'm at also. If all of my crap gets stolen... oh well... Everyone is in deep crap anyways... I might as well make a little effort in preparation. Believing my stuff will get stolen anyways isn't a good enough reason for me to not prepare.

"What about the personal spiritual wisdom and savvy?"
How can this practically be applied during a crash? Does this mean being super kind to everyone you encounter, helping them out as much as possible so they may reward you with food every now and then if they have some? Does this mean just letting go of physical existence to begin with and not caring about whether or not you get to eat because you realize how unimportant it is in the grand scheme of things? Does this mean... holding a high positive FRV with high amplitude so you attract the individuals that can help provide for you during this time? Can you give me some real world practical applications of using personal spiritual wisdom and savvy during a crash scenario?

Last edited by Kahnsentrayshun (2008-02-12 00:41:50)


Strengthen your microcosm. Love. Knowledge. Faith.
http://montalk.net/metaphys/42/principl … ion-part-i

Offline

 

#19 2008-02-12 01:07:55

lawofattraction
Member
Registered: 2007-05-10

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

Huh? They are actually experimenting with trading booze and cigarettes?

Yes, and all kinds of other things, too, especially silver. There are literally hundreds of threads in the NH freedom forums about using alternatives to FRNs. Some people are simply getting prepared because they know a crash is coming; others want to use alternatives right now as an act of protest against the Federal Reserve System.

The only reason why those would be trade-able was if a crash happened.

Why do you say that? If they have value now, then there is no reason that they cannot be traded now.

If a crash happens, people know those have value because everyone is addicted to them. I see people trading those as a currency before a crash very unlikely.

This thread in the "NH Free" forum contains this interesting post:

"Cigarettes and liquor are phenomenal items for barter and exchange--there's always a demand, and they basically hold their value. Even in situations where the spit isn't hitting the fan, they can be used as items of exchange.

For example, I attended a Rainbow Gathering a few years ago and found that most of the folks selling their items accepted these as currency."

Offline

 

#20 2008-02-12 04:48:33

Kahnsentrayshun
Member
From: Upland, California
Registered: 2007-01-21

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

NH actually sounds like a really cool place. I just bought a book called Strategic Relocation. I'm going to read it and see what the author thinks of that area.

Last edited by Kahnsentrayshun (2008-02-12 04:54:37)


Strengthen your microcosm. Love. Knowledge. Faith.
http://montalk.net/metaphys/42/principl … ion-part-i

Offline

 

#21 2008-02-12 05:06:31

Kahnsentrayshun
Member
From: Upland, California
Registered: 2007-01-21

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

http://64.233.187.99/search?q=cache:poH … k&cd=1

Yet another uplifting article to read! smile

Let's hope the wave does come and whisks us into the 5th dimension or an alternate timeline...

Last edited by Kahnsentrayshun (2008-02-12 05:09:40)


Strengthen your microcosm. Love. Knowledge. Faith.
http://montalk.net/metaphys/42/principl … ion-part-i

Offline

 

#22 2008-02-12 09:52:54

kinsei
Member
Registered: 2006-01-11

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

Let's hope the wave does come and whisks us into the 5th dimension or an alternate timeline...

The alternate timeline is always there for you to hop on.  It just seems at the moment like you insist on avoiding it, and instead prefer to experience a future filled with calamity.

I hope you enjoy your path; alas I have no intention of joining you.

Last edited by kinsei (2008-02-12 09:53:12)

Offline

 

#23 2008-02-12 14:44:56

SirLoin
Imperial Pumpkin
Registered: 2007-11-26

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

Where exactly can we buy gold, silver or another precious metal if we have the money to do it and want to redeem our goverment fiat cash for something good?


A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline

 

#24 2008-02-13 01:18:26

NightWatch
Member
Registered: 2008-02-04

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

HI khan

USER wrote:

i m intending to be honest  simple and relatively humble with this reply.
It is right imo, to fear and prepare, but to fear and overcare is to be  obsessive
and thus can lead to a form of neurosis or at extremes...psychosis.

You have raised valid queries/requests for advice but somehow it is coming across
(to me anyway) as a subconscious fear reaction since no one can so prepare
that they will have no concerns or challenges when the mess flies all o'er the place.

That seems to be what i will consider 'wishful thinking' and that is a mindset of the
negs, the subconscious( and sometimes conscious) predator mind. it drains the
respondents. this however does not attempt to curtail your posts but to highlight
another perspective of these futuristic concerns.

And that is the reason for the mention of "personal spiritual wisdom and savvy".
Again no harm intended .. tomorrow the sun may be hidden by clouds but those will
eventually go away. the nature of Life itself determines how long it stays.


expect nothing but be pleasantly surprised
tomorrow the sun may never shine....enjoy today---my father

Offline

 

#25 2008-02-13 01:24:55

NightWatch
Member
Registered: 2008-02-04

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

sorry, didn't get your quote to be printed but its your last paragraph in response to my post.
thanks for your patience.     (haven't worked out the calculus of that op yet:D)


expect nothing but be pleasantly surprised
tomorrow the sun may never shine....enjoy today---my father

Offline

 

#26 2008-02-13 01:57:41

lawofattraction
Member
Registered: 2007-05-10

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

SirLoin wrote:

Where exactly can we buy gold, silver or another precious metal if we have the money to do it and want to redeem our goverment fiat cash for something good?

Your local coin store, eBay, any one of a number of internet coin dealers. Just be sure that you are dealing with someone reputable and that you take delivery of your metals. Letting someone else hold them for you often leads to trouble!

Offline

 

#27 2008-02-13 03:42:49

Kahnsentrayshun
Member
From: Upland, California
Registered: 2007-01-21

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

I bought my gold and silver at kitco.com
It's a good place to get it as far as I know. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with them. They are well established and reliable.

NightWatch wrote:

i m intending to be honest  simple and relatively humble with this reply.
It is right imo, to fear and prepare, but to fear and overcare is to be  obsessive
and thus can lead to a form of neurosis or at extremes...psychosis.

You have raised valid queries/requests for advice but somehow it is coming across
(to me anyway) as a subconscious fear reaction since no one can so prepare
that they will have no concerns or challenges when the mess flies all o'er the place.

That seems to be what i will consider 'wishful thinking' and that is a mindset of the
negs, the subconscious( and sometimes conscious) predator mind. it drains the
respondents. this however does not attempt to curtail your posts but to highlight
another perspective of these futuristic concerns.

And that is the reason for the mention of "personal spiritual wisdom and savvy".
Again no harm intended .. tomorrow the sun may be hidden by clouds but those will
eventually go away. the nature of Life itself determines how long it stays.

Overcaring would for sure cause neurosis or psychosis... that's only obvious. I don't overcare though. I look at the situation from a birds eye view. I view it from a detached perspective. So I don't involve my emotions too much.

Having valuables and food stored away while living in a location that provides the highest odds of survival does not = no worries and no challenges... It simply minimizes the worry and challenges by placing your self in the best situation possible. Life is about making decisions. I'm using this forum to discuss ideas so others and myself may make better decisions in preparation for the future and in the future itself. It's a simple process of learning and applying what I've learned. Nothing more. No extreme worry or agony involved. Just thinking...

Last edited by Kahnsentrayshun (2008-02-13 03:44:14)


Strengthen your microcosm. Love. Knowledge. Faith.
http://montalk.net/metaphys/42/principl … ion-part-i

Offline

 

#28 2008-02-13 16:23:01

Worldbridger
Member
Registered: 2006-09-28

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

lawofattraction,  THanks for the links for the movement in NH.  I'll check it out.

I think people are starting to wake up a little to the reality that 'Federal Reserve Notes' and 'Bank of Canada Notes', have nothing to do with our federal governments, and are actually debt notes.  It's good to see.  People are experimenting with this  a little in my city aswell. 

Personally, I'm going to start buying gold, silver and other precious metals.  I'll stick to coinage and buillion and will hold it all myself somewhere safe.

Offline

 

#29 2008-02-14 02:01:58

lawofattraction
Member
Registered: 2007-05-10

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

Worldbridger wrote:

lawofattraction,  THanks for the links for the movement in NH.

Happy to help. smile

Offline

 

#30 2008-02-15 06:11:02

Kahnsentrayshun
Member
From: Upland, California
Registered: 2007-01-21

Re: Financial Crash: Don't Buy Gold?

I read "Strategic Relocation" by Joel M. Skousen and he gives Northern New Hampshire a B+. He says that it qualifies as low crime, and has splendid rural retreat country. He also says the climate is a little rigorous for some. Though Northern new Hampshire qualifies as a B+, Southern New Hampshire doesn't because of the close proximity to Boston.


Strengthen your microcosm. Love. Knowledge. Faith.
http://montalk.net/metaphys/42/principl … ion-part-i

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson