Noble Realms

spirituality - physics - conspiracy - philosophy - wisdom - and more...

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Noble Realms Forum is now closed. It will remain online as a searchable archive of posts spanning 3/25/04 to 2/22/08. Members may still log in to use email functions, but there will be no further posting activity. Thank you to everyone who has contributed over the years. - Tom/montalk

#1 2008-01-25 22:14:54

Blue
Thank you Tom
Website

Noble Realms continuity (new site)

I hope I am not pi**ing on anyone's chips here, but I offer an alternative, to the NR closedown.

http://www.nobledreams.co.uk/

I understand Toms reasons for shutting the site down, but I think a lot of us are not yet ready to throw our crutches away, and even if we were, we will still miss our old friends.

So, I have set up  a 'mirrror' site, from which posters can refer back top the NR site, and continue postings.

BUT.... I can't do this all on my own, no I am no, I'm no Superman (Scrubs), so I need a lot of help.
(I don't know how Tom did what he did, I have run Forums before, but I always needed help.)

Please ask to be a moderator, sign up, then email me (blue@nobledreams.co.uk)  I need as many as I can get, the more the merrier. and you will (I hope) remain anonymous.

It is very basic at the moment, Tom is busy now, I know, but I would appreciate any help I can get, from anyone.

My only interest is to keep the group of friends going and to keep hearing what others have found out, and want to share, keep NR alive.

Last edited by Blue (2008-02-03 17:27:55)

#2 2008-01-25 22:18:33

Spi
arcane adventurer

Re: Noble Realms continuity (new site)

Eh, doesn't feel the same, I'm sorry. I think I'm starting to like Tom's idea of the realm splitting up. It will help each other meet in other ways and more personally.

#3 2008-01-25 22:25:12

Blue
Thank you Tom
Website

Wow Spi. in the words of Dawn French, 'You certainly know how to take the wind out of a lady''

OK.

#4 2008-01-25 22:48:07

Spi
arcane adventurer

Well.. It wasn't my intention to shoot down your idea... But maybe I took a quick look and a quick thought. But it's still other's decision if they need to be at yours.

... And I didn't get your quote... sad

#5 2008-01-25 22:52:13

lyra
Naked Emperor Pointer Outer
Website

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think that a spin off of NR should be a carbon copy like that one is.  It has all the same section headings, verbatim, it's the same exact look, just a slightly different color, and the name is nearly identical.  How about creating a new space with a fresh design and brand new vibe?  Why just repeat and copy the old?  Change is good.  People are too resistant to change.

Last edited by lyra (2008-01-25 22:54:21)

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

#6 2008-01-25 23:16:48

titmouse_
Kosmic MountainGoat

Yes, change is good.  I have registerd as "carefulcarpenter". I can see a unique experience, almost like an ascension, a birds eye view could we say, a comentary on past thoughts and discussions.  I can see a way for people to ask important questions and for  clarifcations.  I did not want to burden Tom and yourself, Lyra, with such efforts to bring a fledgling up to speed. I will now spend much time reading and following NR links to gain the useful information that I was missing because I came here and tried to keep up with real-time discussions.  I have a hundred questions and would like others to help me digest the monumental amount that was posted here in four years.

I hope Noble Dreams is a change for me.  I will carefully choose the topics I want to rehash.  I hope there are some true teachers and guides that will help a novice like myself.

I'll dig up something real soon.

Last edited by titmouse_ (2008-01-25 23:18:51)

Fun fact: Great Tits are common in Europe

To know love is to know trust; to know oneself is to know truth
~~carefulcarpenter

1+1=1

#7 2008-01-25 23:43:53

Arfwoo

ditto on continuing and also on the change or modification .
continue on the search of ourselves tongue

In search of...

#8 2008-01-26 02:07:07

Transcix
Setian Lightworker
Website

Just some constructive criticism.. I don't know if saying it is a "tribute" site in the subtitle is the right word to use?..

Personally I am discouraged that NR is used so much as "crutches".. ideally I would hope the next evolution of some such site to be a legitimate meeting place for people who live far distances from each other can communicate about important topics and ideas.. that's what I thought NR is but maybe that it isn't is part of what Montalk saw happening that he didn't like, I dunno?

nothing is sacred, the deconstructing and letting-be of all things, clarity of sight, the realization of no-thing(s), Nothing

#9 2008-01-26 03:11:39

Tom Paine

Blue!  Don't be blue!  I feel certain that zenden and I will be checking
into your new site.  There is so much valuable information packed
into those pages that I haven't even begun to assimilate. 
I think your idea is good.  Sure, it won't be NR but at least we'll
have a place to meet until...THE WAVE arrives!

Take care,
Tom Paine

#10 2008-01-26 03:28:16

zenden
Synthesizing Analyst Proclaimed Barbarian

IM ON IT--tomorrow.  i have to get loaded right now.  i wondered where u were Blue.  we will be there, TP and i.  dont worry.  all is good.  good to go.  the wave approaches.

GNOTHI SEAUTON "Know Thyself!"

#11 2008-01-26 04:51:53

Pamelajean
Thank you Tom

How wonderful of you Blue.  I'll see ya there.

#12 2008-01-26 16:09:27

marklar

Thanks Blue. I'll see you there too.

#13 2008-01-26 19:47:51

Blue
Thank you Tom
Website

Spi wrote:

Well.. It wasn't my intention to shoot down your idea... But maybe I took a quick look and a quick thought. But it's still other's decision if they need to be at yours.

... And I didn't get your quote...

Sorry Spi, I'd had a hard day, internet was playing up, I was trying to set this site up, and despite appearnces, it wasn't simply a matter of 'click and paste', it was backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards, test, update, load etc, all day long...  Dawn French played the first female vicar in a parish and was quite happy with what she had achieved, then the Parsole of the Village tells the ArchBishop of Canterbury he doesnt like her. I think the actual quote was (when she heard him say this) ' You sure know how to take the wind out of a lady's sails'. I felt like her, you felt like him. Bad day. Misunderstanding. No harm done. (They both got on very well, in the end, btw)

lyra wrote:

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think that a spin off of NR should be a carbon copy like that one is.  It has all the same section headings, verbatim, it's the same exact look, just a slightly different color, and the name is nearly identical.  How about creating a new space with a fresh design and brand new vibe?  Why just repeat and copy the old?  Change is good.  People are too resistant to change.

I agree. I have done this before, and started anew, but you know what? - everyone wanted it to look just like the last forum.

Change is good, AND people are resistant to change, if we are trying to set up a continuity, why should we radically change it?, people wouldn't like the change.
Tom's format is good, why re-invent the wheel?. Sure, we can change the format as we go along (that's the way I operate), give the people what they want, YCYOForum.

If 'I' redesigned it, i would probably play down the negative, aliens, klingons, reptilians from Outer Space business.  But you can't just have the positive side, it's about balance, and many people are and will be going through the negative side of life (which is part of the awakening). We could say, OK we done that, now we're moving on to better,higher, but that doesn't help the poor sods that are going through all that hell. That was the point of NR.  It will still be the point of ND (WeHeartNR).

Thanks to everyone else for your kind comments. I think we will all continue to post here until D-Day, so the other site is just there waiting for the inevitable.

Last edited by Blue (2008-01-26 19:50:48)

#14 2008-01-26 23:12:43

Daisy
Website

Right now I'm thinking that I won't join any other forums once NR closes, but I won't know for sure until it's actually gone - it might leave a big gap in my life, or I might decide that a break from internet forums would be good for me. So I may join your site Blue. We'll have to see. wink Thanks for providing an alternative, anyway.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

#15 2008-01-26 23:21:12

Blue
Thank you Tom
Website

Very silly update...

That Dawn French sketch was actually on TV tonight. (Pilot episode 'Vicar of Dibley')...

Dawn French wrote:

You sure know how to wind a girl

Board footer