Noble Realms

spirituality - physics - conspiracy - philosophy - wisdom - and more...

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Noble Realms Forum is now closed. It will remain online as a searchable archive of posts spanning 3/25/04 to 2/22/08. Members may still log in to use email functions, but there will be no further posting activity. Thank you to everyone who has contributed over the years. - Tom/montalk

#31 2008-01-23 21:18:12

Prances Fences
Thank you Tom

Re: Announcement: NR Forum Closing on Feb 22nd, 2008

yikes yikes yikes

Darn...I was already having an emo day and now I really feel brokenhearted.  I'm listening to this pop crap music on the office radio and every time I hear a break up song come on I think of this.  This ain't right... I'm not ready to say goodbye yet!  There's so many of you that I haven't even gotten a chance to talk to yet - but still feel a strong connection with and intend to try and connect with at some point.

I'll post my thank you and goodbye later but holy moly... I can't believe it's really shutting down.  Like Proto said, this is one place I actually felt like I belonged - and I haven't gotten that anywhere else.  This is pretty much my favorite place in the world - what shall I do with myself without it?  Anyway I've got a free domain name sitting in my hosting, and it would take me about a day to install a blank forum and configure it like NR... but I'm really considering doing it - just because as somebody else mentioned I think it's the group of people here that are so special.  That's why going to a new place that already has other people there just doesn't seem the same. 

Anyway I'm hitting you fools up either by blowing up all your email boxes, or SOMETHING!

If anyone is interested in just throwing up a new empty place for us to keep posting I'd be happy to set it up and would love to hear any suggestions for a domain name.  Otherwise I was thinking just something close to noblerealms... or maybe noblerealms with a different .org extension.   We could try doing it as a private forum so you have to be all registered and set up to do anything... or I don't know.... and I don't want to step on Tom's toes but I feel like this place has become such a part of my life/routine that I'm going to feel lost without it!

Okay... I'm being dramatic but I told ya'll it was already an emo day heh wink.

And I do have more to say... so I'll make a nice post later just had to whine about it on the few minutes of free time I've got over here.

Tom, Lyra, and everybody that posts here... Thank you all so much.  This site changed so many things for me, and opened my eyes in so many ways.  I can't imagine where I'd be right now if I never found you guys.  Okay I don't have time for this crap atm... so I'll continue in awhile.

Oh and you guys are right about nothing lasting forever, and about sometimes change being a positive thing.  Maybe it will motivate me to break away from the computer... and that sounds nice but extremely difficult.  It's something I'm going to think about but I just don't feel like I have many other people or things in my life to replace you guys with.  BOO!  Change is scary for my stubborn taurean arse - I can't help mah self! /whine

Last edited by Prances Fences (2008-01-23 21:21:21)

#32 2008-01-23 21:20:04

FreeSpirit

Montalk...Tom, a big thank you for all the hard work keeping this ship afloat and all the best for your future wherever it takes you. Lyra you too have been a big part of the moderation, tone and down to earth but out there values, so thank you and I wish you happiness and many good things in the future. Of course thanks to all the incredible posters insights and out(a)sights, both good and bad, internet being what it is, maybe a mere fish eye lens into what makes up parts of this beautiful blue planet (actually multi-hued on closer inspection....what a shock). Time for moving on. Thanks for all the fish (apart from the odd shark) and see you at the bar at the end of the universe, or the end of the road whichever comes first. Peace to All.

Last edited by FreeSpirit (2008-01-23 21:46:09)

#33 2008-01-23 21:42:44

Daisy
Website

Haha Prances Fences, your post made me laugh. I thought I was being overdramatic, but I guess NR has just had such a strong presence and influence in our lives that it's hard to imagine what it'll be like when it's gone. Like you said, coming here is part of my routine - whenever I have a break I'm like "OK, cup of tea...check emails...visit Noble Realms..." so it'll be strange not being able to do that.

On a side note, the time you edited your post comes up as 21:21:21 - I've never seen that happen before so just thought I'd mention it! wink

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

#34 2008-01-23 21:44:17

Falvion
Tree in the Forest

Tom, thank you so much for giving us the gift of this forum. It's been a pleasure reading the thoughts and opinions and theories of so many lovely people.

Love and peace to you all.

May you each be blessed and find what you are looking for.

Cheers

Look... Wonder... Remember... Know

#35 2008-01-23 21:53:13

Shoogie

This place saved my life a year ago.... Thank you. You've all been wonderful teachers. And thank you especially to Montalk and Lyra for making this space available, always intelligent and for letting me participate in these magical discussions wink

My People Were Fair And Had Sky In Their Hair...But Now They're Content To Wear Stars On Their Brows

-Tyrannosaurus rex

#36 2008-01-23 21:55:23

lyra
Naked Emperor Pointer Outer
Website

FreeSpirit wrote:

Lyra you too have been a big part of the moderation, tone and down to earth but out there values, so thank you and I wish you happiness and many good things in the future.

I know you mean well, but this really needs to be addressed and cleared up.  (for the hundredth time around here in the past 4 years.)  But I was not the moderator of NR.  If I was, this place would have been very different.......not as nice.  haha   And I mean that in all seriousness.  I have zero patience for a lot of things, and tend to jump the gun sometimes, being impulsive, tempestuous and blunt, versus Tom who is a lot more patient, and takes his time to analyze pros and cons, being far more diplomatic and eloquent in speech.   We have the same world view about most things....just very different personality orientations.  So if I was a big part of the moderation as you're saying, it would not be the same NR. That's why I don't run a forum.  I could never do it.   wink  Just wanted to clear that up before anybody else makes the same mistake.

Edit:  See, Shoogie just did it too.  NOTE:  Please, don't anybody thank me for anything to do with NR.  It's incorrect, and embarrassing to boot.  This is not my forum, I didn't set it up, I didn't pay for it, I didn't/don't run it, don't have pass codes for it, nor do I moderate it.  I was just another poster.

Okay.  Hopefully that takes care of THAT.  !

Last edited by lyra (2008-01-23 21:57:10)

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

#37 2008-01-23 22:15:55

Bhang
Paradigms of Vigilance
Website

I use images much better than words...
http://forum.noblerealms.org/pics/435_noblerealmsdies.jpg
I will miss this place and most it's people terribly.

Hyperdimensional Blogging

#38 2008-01-23 22:30:13

ENT Doc

I'm scared!

#39 2008-01-23 22:43:27

Pinkrlyq
Voluntary Human

ENT Doc wrote:

I'm scared!

You're not alone, Ent Doc!  I'll miss reading about your incredible meetings with The Lady.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

#40 2008-01-23 22:49:07

Millenium

I got a great big BHANG out of your picture Bhang.  I too use images. Love the old cliche a "picture speaks a thousand words."  I thought wow, won't have NR but I can use Bhang's pic. as a screensaver as a permanant reminder of my days at the realm.  What's really funny is that at first I read, "I will miss this place and most it's people terribly," as, I will miss this place and most of its terrible people.  Oh G. it was a "Bucky" moment. I also thought it would be fun to have a t.v. series type end of era "Mash" annual party.  Every year on Feb.22 Tom could re-open the site and we could all come back and post how our lives have changed w/o NR.  Then I realized it would probably just be a rerun episode with the same ole characters. I read where Woody Allen said when he finishes a movie they have a going away party and everybody is sad.  Then an hour later people have forgotten their sadness and are on a plane to their new destinations.  That's what the picture says to me.  We are all going to ascend to a new and wonderful party.  I want covertmetaphor to be the host. Zenden will provide the transportation.

Last edited by Millenium (2008-01-23 23:11:58)

#41 2008-01-23 22:57:21

FreeSpirit

FreeSpirit wrote:

Lyra you too have been a big part of the moderation, tone and down to earth but out there values, so thank you and I wish you happiness and many good things in the future.

lyra wrote:

I know you mean well, but this really needs to be addressed and cleared up.  (for the hundredth time around here in the past 4 years.)  But I was not the moderator of NR.  If I was, this place would have been very different.......not as nice.  haha   And I mean that in all seriousness.  I have zero patience for a lot of things, and tend to jump the gun sometimes, being impulsive, tempestuous and blunt, versus Tom who is a lot more patient, and takes his time to analyze pros and cons, being far more diplomatic and eloquent in speech.   We have the same world view about most things....just very different personality orientations.  So if I was a big part of the moderation as you're saying, it would not be the same NR. That's why I don't run a forum.  I could never do it.   wink  Just wanted to clear that up before anybody else makes the same mistake.

Sorry I chose the word moderation rather badly. I originally posted without that part then edited it back in.
Lyra you are being rather humble as is expected but I meant moderation as is in you would often step in to diffuse a thread that was taking a bit of a nasty turn (maybe much to others dismay) and in your moderate approach (being that you were not Tom), you were able to say a bit more to the poster direct without taking out the whip, or at least only using the smaller one, and issuing red cards as Tom has had to do - a very difficult job I know.  I am sure that it helped Tom to step back a bit more now and then. Just my perception of your presence across the boards - not imposing but ever present so a big part of the general tone and believe me many forums need 'impulsive, tempestuous and blunt'.

I did not wish to take anything away from your ultimate contributions Tom - just trying to be fair in my observations. I took as for granted as do most I think, that this is your site - you are the driving force and your replies and writings are authoritative and informative without lecturing - a skill most are quite without and the reason I have visited many time in the past (I just thought that you could do without all the 2cent praises but so be it, it is done.)

All the best.  FS.

Last edited by FreeSpirit (2008-01-23 23:41:45)

#42 2008-01-23 23:49:14

Xenopope
Exegesis

I feel like it's over already. Just with the announcement alone. Now everybody knows.

Thnaks for the forum Montalk. And thanks for all the great files I would never have found anywhere else.

I am as is Void.

#43 2008-01-24 00:09:12

Skyalmian

Thank you for the forum...it has benefited many a lurker, me being one... I'll miss this place; it's the only forum I've really visited in the last year. :{

#44 2008-01-24 00:24:10

zenden
Synthesizing Analyst Proclaimed Barbarian

well.  i thot i saw a mirage.  delayed today and all.  u know how the green little box shows up to direct the reader coming on to NR to the new posts for the day?  time realm?  well, im delayed today after 6 more hrs of free DIT urself therapy with a friend.  came on.  way way delayed today.  didnt see a new green box thingy under announcements, went right to spirituality and metaphysics section and posted some stuff been on the mind to get that over with.  usually dont do that.  i start at the beginning of new posts and read thru.   went to page 3 of this thread, as it took me there.  so i go back, and go WTH?  whats this?  page 3 of what?  no new green box--and then well, died, fainted, crawled up on the shore, re-grouped, stared, had the mouth hanging open, re-grouped again.  walked in a daze thru the house.  staring and walking on thin air.  went into the kitchen to run water at the sink, which i learned grounds me.  i then made the strongest drink in years.  years i said.  and I AM THE FAT LADY AND I AINT SINGING SHIT.

i laid in bed last night thinking about NR, about lots of NR things and if i should send some dough.  thinking about tom and carissa.  thinking.  and now this.  id say im suicidal but nah, its funny (laugh here)  but NOT.  the old man told me just the other day, that if i died, he'd go online and go back and read my crap on here and say it was my diary.  it was my diary.  it made me stronger--stronger soul like tom said.  we are all stronger souls for having been here.  it molded me, it shaped me.  it healed me too--the love, sharing, bearing/BARE-ing, and admiration for the fellow humans that occurred here.  when i cant stand leaving the house.  just like lyra said.  and im not going outside.  im not going to get in the reality out there.  i dont like it out there.  i like it IN HERE>  im safe and happy here.  i dont like it in 3D.  there now, ive said that.  been wanting to say it.   i sat at my desk in here, and i cried. it came slow, from the depths, then like a quiet volcano right after.  like a little kid.  the kid that i am.  and it began to rain.   the rain is my tears.  im sick, im freaked, but will recover, somehow.  and like Doc.  im scared.  someday--i knew this would happen.  particularly so after the thread with the FUCKERS and pumpkin posts stuff.  that about did it for me.  and u all know, i knew, WE knew how that goes.  *no religious promotions please* like they have right under their ascension et al spirituality section over at the newagesummit forum site that SiriArc showed us.  and weve been dissed over at another site too, that i wasnt gonna mention.  bad bad vibes.  it was bound to happen.  earthlife and all.  thats 3D for ya.  this is how it goes.  theres been a ton of testosterone pumping in.  the usual anti -truth serum sent by some.  weve had numerous doses of it.  numerous.  its time, i GUESS.  and i despise conflict.  had enuf.

then i laughed and went to the bar at the end of the universe to set up shop, get the brew spilling, open the kegs, arrange the chairs, as the lights were ALREADY ON.  so power is on there, it never goes out.  its illumined and IT WILL BE FOR ALL TIME.  it WILL BE SO FOR ALL TIME.  ALL TIME.  as such radiance, such illumination, SUCH EDUCATION and soul development can never be extinguished.   that is the highest LAW.   this has been one of OUR grandest feats.  OUR SERVICE TO OTHERS.  embodied in the flesh, hosted by a man who sat at the foot of Plato.  yes, tom, i have read ur pastlives.  i know who u are.  and i met and talked with u again, here in the third millennium.  back on earth.  from the old days, when i was a student in the mystery school, and u taught me.  u taught me then, and u teach me now.  and for that and many more things u gave me, i am eternally grateful.  u r one of the greatest teachers and mages of all time.  it is of a / our particular soul group.  my soul and higher self led me here.  to the PEOPLE here, the knowledge here, and i have participated in one of the grandest experiments in consciousness that has EVER BEEN.  YOU gave us that.  all from giving.  from BEING YOU.  its raining hard now.  hard rain.  WATER.    its water in 2008.  drenched.  i will drink my drink and become, a SUN.  and send more light and receive more light from all OF YOU.

GNOTHI SEAUTON "Know Thyself!"

#45 2008-01-24 00:32:10

Pictus
Website

Well...
Thank you very much moderator and members! 
You RULEZ!!
You SHINE!!!
You made a DIFFERENCE!!!!
I wish the best for you all!!!!!

BTW, I also learned about the “good riddance” thing and will not repeat again... LoL

Bye, Pictus

--------------------
http://pictus.co.nr

Board footer