Topic: the cometa report
The Cometa Report is a 3-year French study on UFO's and national defense, completed in 1999.
In its conclusion, COMETA claims that the physical reality of UFOs, under control of intelligent beings, is "quasi-certain." Only one hypothesis takes into account the available data: the hypothesis of extraterrestrial visitors. This hypothesis is of course unproven, but has far-reaching consequences. The goals of these alleged visitors remain unknown but must be the subject of speculations and prospective scenarios.
In its final recommendations, COMETA stresses again the need to:
- Inform all decision-makers and persons in positions of responsibility.
- Reinforce means of investigation and study at SEPRA.
- Consider whether UFO detection been taken into account by agencies engaged in surveillance of space.
- Create a strategic committee at the highest state level.
- Undertake diplomatic action with the Unites States for cooperation on this most important question.
- Study measures which might be necessary in case of emergencies.
Finally, this document is accompanied by seven interesting appendices which are worth reading even by seasoned ufologists:
- Radar detection in France
- Observations by astronomers
- Life in the Universe
- Colonization of space
- The Roswell case and possible disinformation
- Antiquity of the UFO phenomenon and elements for a chronology.
Reflection on various psychological, sociological and political aspects of the UFO phenomenon.
Just digging this interesting report after some time. If anyone finds a complete translation of the report, please post it.