Topic: Can't Meditate

Don't know if being an abductee has me blocked but I just can't get this meditation thing, have tried many times over the years but I don't seem to get it.  Suggestions welcomed.
tinker

Re: Can't Meditate

Get yourself one of the holosync CD's, preferably awakening prologue, I'm sure you can find them on ebay. Make sure you use headphones.

Guided meditation audio tracks are indeed a good idea for overcoming blocks.

What kind of blockage do you experience? Just your mind wandering? Or not having the motivation to keep it up daily? Or getting fidgety and just having to stop doing it? Some of those are normal due to the so-called monkey-mind rebelling against imposed discipline. But posthypnotic programming from abductions can severely amplify those blocks. Last thing abductors want is for you to explore an alternate state of consciousness that accesses compartmentalized memories of what they were doing.

Also the type of meditation matters. Worst kind is where you repeat a mantra until you hypnotize yourself into an oblivious trance that lingers as a hyper-suggestibility long after you stop meditating. That kind forces you to go unconscious when you meditate, trying to obliterate yourself in the name of dissolving the ego, which is baloney and the core idea of the dangerous TM technique.

Instead, the idea is to maintain conscious continuity as it transitions toward an altered state. The altered state could be non-verbal intuitive thinking, it could be focused stillness and silent awareness of your own beingness, or it could be learning to free your etheric body from the physical at will in order to access new perceptive and intuitive reasoning abilities. You could also just do a vibe-raising meditation by focusing on some positive concept like peace, courage, love, etc... which also does wonders.

But if you asked me whether I thought meditation was essential to truthseeking, I would say no, and that if forced to choose my time I would rather spend it contemplating things and translating my intuition into possible answers for perplexing questions than taking my mind off the hook for a half hour. I don't meditate for relaxation or to be "spiritual" but rather to practice maintaining conscious focus and continuity as I transition between states, meaning for the purposes of developing practical shamanic skills.

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

But if you asked me whether I thought meditation was essential to truthseeking, I would say no, and that if forced to choose my time I would rather spend it contemplating things and translating my intuition into possible answers for perplexing questions than taking my mind off the hook for a half hour. I don't meditate for relaxation or to be "spiritual" but rather to practice maintaining conscious focus and continuity as I transition between states, meaning for the purposes of developing practical shamanic skills.
--------------------------------------------------------
Darn, and I had just decided to take Joeman's advice in his post within, Walking the Walk, "How do you fill your day" where one of the things he mentions is something along the lines of meditating daily is more important than the length of time or the quality of meditation.  I figured the latter two would come with time, if I was carrying out the daily meditation. 

After all, what I have had presented to me numerous times, is that, which we are really looking for is within ourselves.  Your young though and full strength and vitality, carry on.  I saw your picture, and that boyeeeee!  Reminded me of one of my relatives, he says that all the time.  Everytime I'd show up to visit, that's the first thing out of his mouth, boyeeeeeeeeee! lol

Oh, and I almost forgot.  His other favorite, he would say, I'm brewing, and then touch his forehead with his thumb and you can imagine what is said to the last one to touch his forehead...

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

5 (edited by montalk 2007-09-13 20:26:05)

Antaeus wrote:

Darn, and I had just decided to take Joeman's advice in his post within, Walking the Walk, "How do you fill your day" where one of the things he mentions is something along the lines of meditating daily is more important than the length of time or the quality of meditation.  I figured the latter two would come with time, if I was carrying out the daily meditation.

If meditation interests you, give it a try. And when you do, doing it daily is the most important factor. I'm not saying don't meditate. Rather, meditation does things other practices do not and vice versa, so one cannot be an effective substitute for the other. For instance, unlike contemplation, which is the combination of deep thinking and intuitive introspection to crack tough questions and problems, meditation alone cannot process your shadow or help you become more discerning and wise.

If pressed for time, the reason I would rather contemplate than meditate is that contemplation leads to greater and quicker truth finding, intuition-access, paradox-dissolving, shadow-processing and self-knowledge. So if anything, my idea of effective meditation would be practicing conscious maneuvers for shamanic purposes, rather than engaging in transcendental meditation for the purposes of stress-relief... that's what chocolate is for big_smile  The people I know who contemplate, rather than only meditate, are people I find to be more sharp, balanced, and effective as spiritual warriors. They are the opposite of meditators in complete denial of their own overgrown shadows, especially the snippy ones whose minds are mush from protein and thinking deficiencies.

Acquiring fringe knowledge is like digging for diamonds in a mine field.

Montalk guess I'm blocked pretty good it took me weeks to read through all of your post and I have had to go back and reread it several times.  The thing I was tring to do was suggested in the Steps to Knowledge where you contemplate on an idea for the day.  Each day brings another topic, such as I am without knowledge today, next day knowledge is with me where am I.  I f I manage to get two days together I'll blow the third or do two sessions one day then quit for weeks.  All I know is feels like time is running out, time to pull it together.  Thanks
                                            Tinker

I think Montalk made a valid point.  It is easy to understand the purpose of contemplation, whereas, at least in my opinion, meditation has one or more specific functions.  It is best to understand what these functions are before utilizing meditation.  Myself, personally, I would attempt only the control of breath type of meditation.  I have actually had some bit of control in that area before, even of my heart-rate to a certain degree.  But I have not exercised regularly for two years now, and let tobacco reenter my life.  It is safe to assume I for one am not ready for involvement in 'Circulations of the Cosmos.'

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.