Topic: Feeling shit as a way of life.

From what I've observed, people will suffer all kinds of ailments without seeking any remedy. And only a major problem such as cancer will spur them to change their lifestyle. Many will suffer what I will call 'feeling like shit' every day of their lifes because that is what they are familiar with and have discovered ways of dealing with feeling like shit. And feeling like shit, however shitty, is rarely life treatening in a 'omg I'm going to die soon' way.

I read many of the topics here and there, am aware of the dangers of mercury, flouride, sugar, smoking, alcohol, toxins etc etc. And I do suffer from all of these, smoking and drinking tea with 2 sugars, a poor diet, lack of vitamins and nutrients and little exercice. But like many, I've grown accustomed to feeling like shit so that it's become my way of life and a life I can deal with. I'm in my comfort zone of feeling like shit and I don't know any other way. Alan Carr, when describing his life as a non-smoker, said that he felt a joie de vivre come back that he hadn't felt since his childhood, waking up early full of life and ready to face the day. All sounds very nice indeed. Inspired by Mr Carr, I quit smoking, and I can't deny that I did feel better, but I didn't have that joie de vivre he was talking about. No sir, it was the same old feeling like shit feeling I've had for years. Waking up in the morning after 10 hours sleep feeling like I'd got 5, lack of concentration, will power, all the same symptoms of a shitty life.

The mercury filling in Sensei's topic got me thinking. Maybe it's not a psychological weakness that's preventing me from achieving anything of note these last few years. Maybe it's all the poison I consume that is ruining my life. Tobacco to constrict my lungs, caffeine to exhaust my adrenals, sugar to drain my body of nutrients, mercury, flouride and all conspire against me every day to screw me over big time. I try this and that to turn things around for a while, invariably slipping back to my old ways because although I slay one enemy I leave half a dozen more to weaken me.

Because I've no reference to a period in life where my health was exceptional, could someone provide me with evidence that feeling shit is really as bad as I think it is? I mean that by removing all the above mentioned poisons, life improved considerably? And what would you consider the biggest problems facing people today? I suspect there are more people like me in a similar situation who would like to know.

"Violence solves everything. If it's not solving your problems, you aren't using enough of it."

Re: Feeling shit as a way of life.

Yes, I have had many years of feeling like shit.  Like you I finally realized I wasn't dying.  I do feel better now though after some trial and error. Omega-3 is just vital for everyone.  Great for state of mind.  Had to work on allergies and sinus including stopping smoking.  Allergies can really make you feel sick.  And exercise is important to keep your bodily systems tuned and ready to go.  I still have "bad" days but not everyday and I often have "great" days.  So there's hope but you have to pretty much figure out your own formula for getting better.

3 (edited by lyra 2007-09-04 11:11:11)

Mahatma wrote:

Because I've no reference to a period in life where my health was exceptional, could someone provide me with evidence that feeling shit is really as bad as I think it is? I mean that by removing all the above mentioned poisons, life improved considerably? And what would you consider the biggest problems facing people today? I suspect there are more people like me in a similar situation who would like to know.

Well, I have a sort of kind of example - August 3rd I decided to give up processed sugar, caffeine, alcohol and junk. Started back on eating my "mega salads" as I call them, where it's a large bowl of like, 8 or 9 raw veggies basically and homemade salad dressing.  As well as eating fruits, whole grains, meat, and consuming water and herbal teas in the place of my former coffee, soda, and caffeinated teas.

The proof of a change came when I was doing some "rebirthing breathing" one night.  It's just where you steadily breathe deeply in and out through your mouth, making sure to fill up your lungs, connecting your exhales to your inhales so it's a steady stream of steady breathing.  Anyway, when people do this for the first time often times they will have a hard time of it, breathing shallow, not having the strength, etc.  The goal of it all is to develop "prana", or life force.  You don't hyperventilate yourself, just breathe and exhale deeply in a steady way.  It also has calming affects on the body as you're oxygenating everything.  So I had done this a couple of times prior to my diet change, which gave me a mental note/comparison of what it was like "before."  Then about 3 weeks after my diet change I laid down to do it again, but not even thinking or expecting any sort of difference.  I had no idea there would be a difference.  I was doing the breathing just because, why not, let's do this again, it's supposed to be good for you, you know?

Well, let me tell you.................my breathing was now super strong and deep...but with minimal effort.  It was a HUGE improvement from how it had been weeks before.  I laid there thinking WOW.  !!!  What's that all about!   I felt like I had all this "prana" life force now that I obviously didn't have only weeks before.  All those raw veggies and fruits and spirulina and water nearly every day, no more coffee and alcohol and soda.  It really did make a difference.   The thing is though, I wasn't physically feeling like shit before I went on the diet change, I didn't do it for that reason.  But still, there was a difference, an improvement that showed up in breathing strength.  Also somebody who saw me several weeks after being on the diet change said "You look fantastic!  You're buzzing!"  So I thought that was interesting.  Who knows.

Anyway, this thread is interesting, only because of your wording.  It's blunt, but very true, and it's exactly what I've thought myself SO many times - everybody just thinks it's normal to feel like shit!!!!!!   

I can't tell you how many low energy "blah" people I encounter on a daily basis just trudging through life with blank faces.  After awhile it's begun angering me, that people don't realize how sick they are.   I'm tired of encountering low energy people just trudging through life like flat zombies!!!   Most of these people are fat too, which is a part of the problem, but here's the thing.......................if you're in America, then most EVERYBODY is overweight nowadays.  Unless you live somewhere like SoCal, then it's normal to be fat and/or obese!!!  These people often shop at mainstream grocery stores buying all that chemical laden food and piles of junk and just shove it in and don't care.  And the ignorance of health matters is astounding, like that one anecdote I relayed last year here at NR about that obese woman at the one church temp job I had - she helped with the food pantry for the poor, and one day she was telling me about how she had bought stuff for her daughter's birthday party or something, and she chose Gummi Bears as one of the snacks "because they have fruit juice in them, so they're one of the food groups."  It was one of those times I just sat there dumbfounded, staring at somebody, not even able to respond.  You couldn't get more ignorant than that, believing that Gummi Bears really contain fruit juice, and enough so that it becomes the equivalent of drinking real fruit juice,  and therefore, fulfills some part of the "food pyramid."

But this is what's going on out there.   I had a coworker who told me how her brother is really fat, just obese, but it's because he eats nothing but garbage food from mainstream grocery stores.  Because he's poor.  And that's all poor people can afford.  She in comparison shopped at Whole Foods and ate a lot of veggies and natural foods, and was not obese by any means.   

And that right there was a big part of the issue, that she had pinpointed - the fact that poor people in this country are loading up on the crap food because the powers that be have made that stuff dirt cheap, while hiking up the prices on real, natural food.  It truly is a conspiracy, if there ever was one.

TPTB want people to kill themselves. Pure and simple.  And if people have spent the majority of their lives complying by eating the garbage food and partaking in negative health habits then they don't know any better.   

Here's an interesting article excerpt:

article wrote:

Of course, the main victims of this horror are the children. At the day care center she has run for more than 13 years, Mrs. Levant routinely sees hundreds of children who have never eaten vegetables and hundreds of others who eat corporate junk food every night, who never eat anything else. At least 50 of them are babies less than one. Some of those babies cry all night in hunger.

“I’ve had a two-year-old child of a multi-millionaire come to day care every day with a satchel full of at least eight bags full of different candies, chips, and snacks, and I was instructed to let her eat them when she liked during the day. Of course, the child ate all eight bags of treats, and was lethargic at the end of the day. Her mother thought her lethargy was due to playing when, in fact, the child never, ever, moved off the couch because she was physiologically ill with sugar peaks and valleys.”

Of course that child’s health is being seriously damaged. Maybe she can recover because she is so young, but the damage may not show up for many years. It’s a scenario that makes the Stepford Wives look like Little Women. Nancy Levant explains what women have lost:

“Okay, so women don’t cook anymore. They really don’t know how to cook, as my mother’s generation was the last to prepare meals as a rule. Thank God, again, that I had an older mother who taught me to cook and that I enjoy the time in my kitchen preparing meats and vegetables, fruits and, yes, even baking. So many women don’t realize what they are missing. They don’t know about the womanly arts, how it feels to give good, nutritious food to children, as many women now rebel against the notion of mom as family cook. . . .”  http://newswithviews.com/Stang/alan.htm

The rest of the article pertains to feminism's role in destroying the family and ruining children and how awful many American women have become, a topic for another thread wink but, that part was relevant for this thread.

Solofleks wrote:

Omega-3 is just vital for everyone.

I have a Nexus magazine that talks about how Omega 3's need to be balanced with Omega 6's and 9's, otherwise it's not good.  I used to just take Omega 3's too, but now I buy the oil supplements that contain all three.  Just a note........

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride!"  - Anonymous
-----
"I get by with a little help from my (higher density) friends."
-----

Me, too, I have one that's supposed to be a complex of omegas from various sources.  Thanks for mentioning that.  I'll look at mine tonight and see if it has all of them.

5 (edited by Pictus 2007-09-04 15:59:21)

My best friend is not a dog, but a blender big_smile

I mix lots of natural stuff that do not taste much good but they
are very healthy, the resulting “mush” can be drink fast, so not
much a “suffering” tongue

But good stuff can be done too!

Mango, papaya, carrot, banana, albumin , ginger in powder, oat, rice husk(the inside film) and other things smile
Ginger in powder is fantastic, try it with mango.

I am using a blender that have a central metallic filter(accessory) , it produces wonderful dense
juices because it is a mix of the liquid + the solid part that turn into “gel".

Bye, Pictus

--------------------
http://pictus.co.nr

Nice thread! Very informative peoples.

"The universe is on fire with wonder, beauty, and ecstasy." - From the Undines to Humanity

Ahhh!
About prana...

I guess that volcanic places have much more prana, that is why nature is so
exuberant in these places(when climate allows), it is not only result of more
nutrients in the soil, it is the prana...
That can explain why volcanic warm water/mud bath is considered medicinal.

I saw one documentary about Taiwan and one thing catch my attention, above
an undersea volcano there was one of the biggest concentration of dolphins
in the world, yes the place is full of life, plenty fish for the dolphins, but they
were a big tight group and did not look like being hunting, was more like
recharging energy, feeding from the prana.

Bye, Pictus

--------------------

Pictus, can you provide a link for a blender like you have? I tried doing the fruitarian diet around 2002. It didn't stick, partly because I could never get 'full'. I think it's time I gave it another shot. There's no way I could do vegan, I am turned off by almost all vegetables, but if I blend them with something more to my liking then I might be able to do it..              J

Happy to have been a part

Me, too, ape-x, I was just going to ask about his blender as well.

10 (edited by scalaradii 2007-09-05 11:27:23)

could someone provide me with evidence feeling shit is really as bad as I think it is?

Uhh...yup. I even stopped doin' and takin' all the things I did and took for a month or two just to remind myself what feelin' like cacadoodle-doody felt like...yep, feels like shit! Feelin' like it can also mean bein' full of it. Not everything makes it out of the colon by the nature of its shape, so when the body feels like shit it might be literal. Years ago, I just detoxed by stopping everything, fasting, and using psyllium seed husk as "pipe cleaner". Then resuming eating and noticing how the body feels when it eats something, knowing everything about it--- how it got to the state it was before I ate it and how much "zing" my body felt from it. It really makes you conscious of how degraded the food quality can get. It gives you a fuller sense of things being produced solely to survive transport and shelf life, not for quality.  I think the easiest thing to do is cut out all processed sugar, alcohol, meat and smoking, just to see how one fares without them. Then doing a build-up with fruits and veggies with a vitamin regimen that is multiple the government standard recommended intake by two or three, for a short period.

I feel self-indulgent to admit that, even livin' in a rich country like the US, most accessible food is often filler for my vitamin intake. They do make the good stuff so expensive that I can't have it everyday even working full-time. A friend of mine goes the organic route, I just don't have the budget for it. But it sure is nice to chomp down on a veggie or fruit without tasting pesticide or wax coating and get the true flavor of what something like lettuce tastes like without pesticides, or a carrot or squash.  I'd have to say removing poisons is not enough either. I recommend Earl Mindell's Vitamin Bible and intuitive trial-and-error as to what you're symptoms of deficiency are and what's missing in the diet. I know when I'm potassium deficient 'cause I feel like having sweets and drinking alcohol, low on B's I feel like havin' a smoke. It really sets up an interesting dynamic in identity when you feel "I want..." versus what's really being experienced is a physical deficiency that can't make it to the conscious mind with a literal, "Eat kale now!". I learned a lot about aminos (L-glutamine, arginine, phenylalanine) and omegas(3,6,9) from that book. Dosin' on flax oil healed an old sports injury of 20 years. I don't know if life improves considerably, but experience in and of the body does.

To me the biggest problem facing people today is probably the commoditization of Life.

O.k., I give up, what's a "central metallic filter" and what's it doin' on a blender? Guess I gotta upgrade.:D

Sacred is the prayer that asks for nothing.
Seeking to give thanks for every breath we take.
Blessed are we inside this prayer
For in the New World we will be there
The only Love there is
Is the Love we make.
---- Prince

The blender + the filter
http://www.consumer.philips.com/catalog/LQ/LQ087_00_webImage370.jpg
http://www.consumer.philips.com/consume … VHKFSEKI5P

Bye, Pictus

--------------------

Much thanks Pictus. I looked around a little to find something similar, I think those are called juicing blender, or juicer/blender in the US. Just a blender with a separator for pulp/ juice. I think I'll start simple and just get a regular blender, and start with the basic fruits.

Even that would be a major improvement
for me. If I am into it then I'll look at buying a better unit.

I think if I began doing this daily, I might never go back to the 'savory' foods, which would be so much healthier.

J

Almost forgot, while we're on the subject of blenders, there are some amusing videos here- www.willitblend.com  wink   J

You are welcome, I only use the filter for citrus fruits, before took out the seeds and husk.

Bye, Pictus

--------------------

Heh, I just posted on the General Discussion >> Therapy topic, and it would have fit perfectly here too. Check it out for some suggestions that might help with that shitty feeling.

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic. … 694#p64694

Tim