Re: Sharing pain

Falvion wrote:

Have you investigated the Gnostic Christian material, the Dead Sea scrolls and Nag Hammadi library? That was the first place I turned when I realized how empty my fundamentalist Christian "faith" was. And that propelled to me to study just about everything else. Now, almost 30 years later, I'm looking at the Gnostic material again--it's kind of a full circle moment for me--and it's like I can see a whole new level of meaning now.

Cheers

-----------------------------------------------------

I have a teacher working with me in studying two vols. by G. de Purucker, " The Esoteric Tradition."  I'll probably be at it for a few years at least.  Gnosis comes up often.  As does Buddhism.  Theosophists suggest that Buddhism is actually older than the Hindu religion, which is not the belief that many people hold.  As many people also believe that Buddhism is atheistic, when it is actually a very esoteric religion.  If you read any books in the New Testament by the Apostle Paul, which is almost all of the New Testament - Mark was a student of Paul btw - I think you are reading a lot of Gnosis.  St. Peter was more in line with Judaism.

I kind of see Theosophy as necessary instruction to possess before getting involved in any decision that I am not going to turn back from.  America, for a long time was made up of a lot of Old Testament readers and only recently it seems that we are solely New Testament.  I like reading about the Sephira on the Tree of Life, how they are described as gates.  How there is a veil between Yesod and Tipharet - VERBUM DIMISSUM CUSTODIAT ARCANUM - the lost word keeps the secret.  This seems to mean that the veil cannot be pierced from the side the Ego is residing, it must come from the other side of the veil.  Tipharet.

Anyway, I can only think of one reason why a Theosophist would attack any religion, and that is when a religion claims to be the sole possessor of Truth and all other religions are false.  That is why H. P. Blavatsky was a bit harsh against Christianity in her "Isis Unveiled" volumes.  She was around in the late nineteenth century.  If she were present today, she would be lambasting another religion as well, I assume.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
----------------------------------------------------------
You have to believe in the impossible in order to become.

Antaueus wrote:

Was your Mother ever taken to the psychiatric ward and monitored?
Hm!,I wonder now, do these people drink alcohol while taking their 'medication?

My mom has never been monitored in the psychiatric ward... at least to my knowledge.  She does see a therapist from the mental health department of her hospital, which is of course the person who prescribes her medications.  She rarely drinks alcohol, so I don't think that's been a real factor for her... but she does take other drugs and medications that could be causing issues.

-------------------------------------------
Wow!  I thought you might have lashed out.  That was good.  I've been giving a lot of thought concerning anger and aggression.  I believe they are almost always inappropriate.  I believe that they become habitual, reinforce mechanicalness.  There may be times when a person has to be fierce, which has nothing to do with anger or aggression, but rather an unwavering resolve.

After I wrote that and went home, I thought to myself, they may take this the wrong way? 
And I wondered if I should have expanded on that.  The reason why I asked was this:  A friend of mine who survived cancer still takes 'medication' for whatever reasons she believes that she needs them.  unfortunately she drinks alcohol and her behaviour really , really changes.  Ah! Well!

The same day I contributed to this thread, I picked-up a book at the library which I feel will be a benefit for many of you. 

[size=16]Peak States of Consciousness, Volume 1: Breakthrough Techniques for Exceptional Quality of Life.  Grant McFetridge with Jacquelyn Aldana, Dr. James Hardt, Zivorad Slavinski.[/size]

Institute for the Study of Peak States Press, 3310 Cowie Road, Hornby Island, British Columbia, Canada, V0R 1Z0
www.peakstates.com

This will be interesting to many of you. Yes, Grant does talk about the kundalini, etc.

MonAmie-Zylo that is an excellant site and I will be going to it more than once.  An entire site involved in studying peak states, or peak states of consciousness.  There was a synthesis I was able to see due to a pdf book I just looked at today.

19 (edited by MonAmie-Zylo 2007-09-04 15:47:40)

Yes Antaeus.  I just going to quote something from the book that most of us never really focus on.

Eventurally, we realized that although there were three primary brains, three existed two more 'sub=brains', for a total of five distinct brain structures in post-birth human beings.  And our observations turned out to reflect underlying brian biology---Dr. Maclean, in his text on the the triune brian, identifies five seperate structures forming on the the early zygote's spinal cord,

briefly, the other 2 brains are the Solar Plexus Brain, The Buddha Brain, ....

The Placental and Sperm Tail Brains
Another two brains exist but since they die off in utero, we don't normally refer to them in our normal post-birth description of the triune brain system.  ......

.......The first of these is the organelle 'brain' that dies off during the conception----it is in the tail portion of the sperm body.  For simplicity, we call it the 'sperm tail brain'.
   The second 'brain' is in an organelle structure in the egg which later develops into the placenta and dies during the birth.  Again for simplicity we call it the 'placental brain'.  (Note that the placenta is part of the baby, not part of the mother.)  The placental brain is intimately related to the solar plexus brain, but as of this writing we haven't yet defined the relationship.

Pleasee note, I had to type the above from the book, so maybe some spelling errors, but I just wanted to give a 'taste' to others, and magnify their curiosity!(library is closing!  Good Night!)

MonAmie-Zylo wrote:

Yes Antaeus.  I just going to quote something from the book that most of us never really focus on.

Eventurally, we realized that although there were three primary brains, three existed two more 'sub=brains', for a total of five distinct brain structures in post-birth human beings.  And our observations turned out to reflect underlying brian biology---Dr. Maclean, in his text on the the triune brian, identifies five seperate structures forming on the the early zygote's spinal cord,

briefly, the other 2 brains are the Solar Plexus Brain, The Buddha Brain, ....

The Placental and Sperm Tail Brains
Another two brains exist but since they die off in utero, we don't normally refer to them in our normal post-birth description of the triune brain system.  ......

.......The first of these is the organelle 'brain' that dies off during the conception----it is in the tail portion of the sperm body.  For simplicity, we call it the 'sperm tail brain'.
   The second 'brain' is in an organelle structure in the egg which later develops into the placenta and dies during the birth.  Again for simplicity we call it the 'placental brain'.  (Note that the placenta is part of the baby, not part of the mother.)  The placental brain is intimately related to the solar plexus brain, but as of this writing we haven't yet defined the relationship.

Pleasee note, I had to type the above from the book, so maybe some spelling errors, but I just wanted to give a 'taste' to others, and magnify their curiosity!(library is closing!  Good Night!)

----------------------------------
The last time I went to that site, I don't know what it was, but it kind of put me off.  I haven't been back to it since.  Maybe I looked at some stuff that was too advanced for me, I don't know.  I'll probably go back and see what they have as far as them possibly showing me another aspect that balances out what I saw that I didn't like.

21 (edited by MonAmie-Zylo 2007-09-20 11:37:18)

Antaeus,  me too I find the website over-bearing, however, the book might be a better option.
For myself, what I found quite interesting in his work , was the 'pre-birth' traumas (of our physical body).
He notes that those who consider 'suicide' by hanging, were those births that the umbilical cord was wrapped around the neck.I knew of a woman who tried this 'suicide' and was shocked to read that this was a traumatic experience during birth. Her boyfriend  was called from his work to  'save' her during this attempt.  The sad part though, is that  she allowed him to live with her for free (did not have to pay rent) because 'he saved her life'.  This actually meant that he didn't have to look for a job and make an effort to find his true gift and talents.  Now, he 's a chronic alchoholic .
It is sad indeed and his truth has also been 'plucked' from him.  If I do ever encounter him again, I would mention the study by Grant regarding his 'friend' flirtation with 'death'.  Who knows this may awakened in him the time to move on and seek therapy.  He did mention to me that a counselor thought he suffered from POST TRAUMATIC Stress Disorder.(His father also attempted this act and he was required to 'rescue' him - a few years prior to his girlfriend. 

Anyhow, Anthaeus, I read lots, contemplates lots, and that is why  some parts of this book was revealing to me.  (Also the fact that the sperm tail also is cut-off while 'entering' the egg, ...that too, becomes imprinted within the growth of the human body.)

-M

http://forum.noblerealms.org/img/avatars/1450.jpg

Have you investigated the Gnostic Christian material, the Dead Sea scrolls and Nag Hammadi library? That was the first place I turned when I realized how empty my fundamentalist Christian "faith" was. And that propelled to me to study just about everything else. Now, almost 30 years later, I'm looking at the Gnostic material again--it's kind of a full circle moment for me--and it's like I can see a whole new level of meaning now.

Relative To The N R,

Various Stuff:

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=2026

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=3111

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=2084

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=2542

And As A General Premise:

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=2452

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=4072

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=4106

etc.......   ...   .

11   23   11

Thanks for all this, Siriarc. I can't wait to dig into all of these threads. smile

Cheers

Look... Wonder... Remember... Know

MonAmie-Zylo wrote:

Antaeus,  me too I find the website over-bearing, however, the book might be a better option.
For myself, what I found quite interesting in his work , was the 'pre-birth' traumas (of our physical body).
He notes that those who consider 'suicide' by hanging, were those births that the umbilical cord was wrapped around the neck.I knew of a woman who tried this 'suicide' and was shocked to read that this was a traumatic experience during birth. Her boyfriend  was called from his work to  'save' her during this attempt.  The sad part though, is that  she allowed him to live with her for free (did not have to pay rent) because 'he saved her life'.  This actually meant that he didn't have to look for a job and make an effort to find his true gift and talents.  Now, he 's a chronic alchoholic .
It is sad indeed and his truth has also been 'plucked' from him.  If I do ever encounter him again, I would mention the study by Grant regarding his 'friend' flirtation with 'death'.  Who knows this may awakened in him the time to move on and seek therapy.  He did mention to me that a counselor thought he suffered from POST TRAUMATIC Stress Disorder.(His father also attempted this act and he was required to 'rescue' him - a few years prior to his girlfriend. 

Anyhow, Anthaeus, I read lots, contemplates lots, and that is why  some parts of this book was revealing to me.  (Also the fact that the sperm tail also is cut-off while 'entering' the egg, ...that too, becomes imprinted within the growth of the human body.)

-M

-----------------------------------------------
I have not yet returned to give the site another look-see, but I will.  That is pretty insightful of you, noting how the girl you mentioned, had let her boyfriend feel he had earned the right to be a free-loader.  Alcoholism is more complicated than it appears on the surface.  I've seen some that never seem to reach a bottom.  Others that do, and remain sober for many years, maybe having a brief slip, which usually reaffirms their desire to remain sober and hopefully find a growth of Self to strive for rather than being simply a dry-drunk.  A dry-drunk, an alcoholic who is remaining sober but not attempting to address the issue or issue's that lead to this compulsion: some void, or hole; probably assuming it is unfulfilled desires or maybe the intuition that the lack of success in finding true love is the only obstacle standing between the person and the goal of ending the cycle of lives lived.  True love can simply mean finding it within oneself the impersonal love for all things and realizing Oneness rather than believing the illusion of seperateness. 

I wonder.  If someone who is quite capable of going into Shadow to get something accomplished, can also be on the path toward one hundred percent pure light.

SiriArc
AD VO ZIN

I first came across the word Archon in, " The Letter of Porphyry to Anebo. "  Porphyry was a native of Tyre and his name Molech, or King, was rendered by Longinus into Porphurios, denoting the royal purple, as a proper equivalent.  He was a severe critic of the Gnostic beliefs then current, and he evidently included with them also the new Christian faith.  He was a disciple of Plotinus.  Porphyry had the habit of following Pythagorean discipline and favored Mithraism.  He distrusted the ceremonial rites of Egyptian Theurgy.

Hence, the letter to Anebo which contained many questions and I believe that Iamblichus was the one who replied to the letter, pretending to be Anebo.  I'm uncertain of that, I would have to read it again.  I need to do that anyway, as I've learned many things since the last time I read it.  Actually, I think Iamblichus answered the letter using the name Abammon.  I'll just have to read it again, I still have it in hard copy.  You have piqued my interest, and as it is only 55 pages I think I'll at least find within it his description of Archons.