Topic: Salvia medidation experiences!

Just bought my water pipe, got my salvia 5x and i'm ready for some hardcore meditation.  Anybody got some salvia meditation experiences they would like to share?  I am not looking for debates here on whether or not this is the right thing to do, I just feel that i have good intentions, and it should enhance my experience.  Any interesting journeys on salvia?

Re: Salvia medidation experiences!

It gave me a wicked headache when I used it, but other of my friends did not have the same experience. Salvia is weird and not like any other halucinagenic I have ever tried. After about a minute into smoking it (and I didn't use a butaine lighter as suggested, couldn't find one.) I started to have an unusual form of perception in the room I was in. It seemed like certain objects were further away and stretched out, much like some sort of weird Alice in Wonerland type world.
   The most interesting thing about it was when I went to sleep that night. I am quite certain it was the effects of the salvia, but I found myself walking around in astral form in my apartment, just sort of floating around and looking at various things. I astral travel all the time, but never in this world, always in dreams and/or vision. This was the first and last time I had something like that.
  My catch was that it shifts you slightly out of your body so that if you sleep or trance, you can sort of wander around in real time and check things out. Perfect tool for a shaman no?
  Good luck with it and let me know how it works out for you!

Hmm...it should be interesting to meditate on it. I've tried it in a social setting, and it just makes me feel too "weird"...as if this body I'm inhabiting isn't really mine, but is just some crude tool. The waves of hot and cold only compound this feeling. Also, I found that when I was talking with people, it felt as if I hadn't talked with them for a long, long time...as if years had gone by and I hadn't spoken with them once. It definitely shifts your perception, so it would definitely be an interesting meditation tool. Go for it!

"Don't eat any wooden nickels."

I finally tried to medidate on some salvia extract last night, I think it was 5x, here's a recap of my experience.  I brought a friend with me who was supposed to be my sitter, and he was also there for a recreational high, while I was in it for a univeral connection.  I haven't used a water pipe in a long long time, so I took a couple of hits and I think they were less than adequate, so I made my way over to my room, and got in my medidation state.......I had told my sitter to wait until I was done to get his fix, and  I told him to check in on me occasionally, but he started getting high the second I left.  When I made my way over to my room I felt kinda like I was pretty drunk, and the walls seems to be moving or something.  I was aware that I had left the tv on in the other room and I was still in my 5 senses, like I said I don't think I took a good enough hit.  So while I was trying to medidate, I hear my friend/sitter call my name or say something in the other room, but I ignored it, then seconds later my friend calls my name again, and again I chose to ignore it.  Finally, he calls for me a third time, and I chose not to ignore it and I got up and checked things out.  When I see him, he is really eager to go outside, and I thought he was leaving and I didnt want him to drive, but he kept saying he needed to get something out of his car, but I said "why now, why this very second".   So he goes out to his car, comes back and then he explains to me what had happened.  He took one hit and felt and instant high, then he took a second hit and thats when things got crazy.  He said an invisible force, which he called "magnetic" was pushing him by his whole body and face and he was trying to resist it, but it was still able to push him slowly.  Like I said, I had the tv on in the background, and he said the tv was telling him something to the effect of "do not resist, let it take you"  He told me that when I walked in the room the force went away.  He told me he was pretending he needed to go to his car because he was so horrified by the experience and he just needed to get out of my house.  He thought it was just  a bad trip, but I told him that it was an extra dimensional being messing with him in his "high" state of mind......so I end up trying it myself again since he ruined my first attempt......this time I take 2 monster hits and I work myself to the corner of the room, but as i'm walking it seems to me that the walls are disappearing and parts of the floor are too, I get in my medidative stance, but I can' stop thinking about how everything around me is deteriorating and I feel like i'm in danger or something, like im on the edge of a cliff and I felt an urgency to get up and go, I got up and I had no idea where I was, and the walls and floor were still dancing around me, I go to the couch and I see my friend there, and I asked him who he was, and thats when reality started setting in again, and my 5 senses came back.   The trip was way to hard for me to attempt to medidate.  I will probably try it again, but with normal leaf, not this extract stuff thats much more potent.  As for my friend, I don't think he'll try salvia again.

just thought id pass this on:

Get It While You Still Can...

Salvia is Being BANNED in the USA!

For now, Salvia is STILL LEGAL in 46 States in the United States; however, not for long!  Most experts agree that Salvia will be totally banned from the united states by 2010.

The federal government wants to see Salvia Banned for good.  Experts estimate that by 2008 another 10 states will have outlawed Salvia.  And most agree that by 2010, Salvia will be banned for good from the United States.

eethie wrote:

just thought id pass this on:

Get It While You Still Can...

Salvia is Being BANNED in the USA!

For now, Salvia is STILL LEGAL in 46 States in the United States; however, not for long!  Most experts agree that Salvia will be totally banned from the united states by 2010.

The federal government wants to see Salvia Banned for good.  Experts estimate that by 2008 another 10 states will have outlawed Salvia.  And most agree that by 2010, Salvia will be banned for good from the United States.

Anyone who respects this plant and wants a relationship with it should get a cutting NOW.  You don't even have to ingest it to build that relationship, you know.  I don't, and I'm very fond of my two  Sally girls.

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2007 … inoge.html

How Hallucinogenic Sage Works

August 27, 2007
By Aaron Rowe

Diviner's sage contains a powerful hallucinogen that may someday inspire a new class of depression, pain, and addiction medications. Now, researchers at Ohio Northern University have resolved a controversy about how the unique chemical works.

The potential therapeutic uses are very broad. After using some of the "Mexican-mint" sage from a mail order catalog, a woman managed to rid herself of depression. Tests on animals have shown that the Oxaccan plant, a relative of the culinary herb, can also control pain. However, no large pharmaceutical company would dare invest millions of dollars to win FDA approval for a drug that they can't patent and sell exclusively. To add insult to injury, it could someday be classified as a narcotic.

Research on hallucinogenic sage has been stop-and-go. In 2002, Bryon Roth and his research group explained how the potent drug plays games with the nervous system. Recently, some scientists cast doubt on his theory. Catherine Willmore and her colleagues have published a paper in the September issue of Neuropharmacology that not only proves the original conclusion, but also speculates about how the psychotropic agent may play a role in medicine.

The first step to understanding how a natural medication works is to determine where it strikes. Every drug has a target -- a molecule that it affects directly. Roth had indicated that Salvinorin A, the mind-altering molecule, activates a class of signal-sending proteins called kappa opioid receptors. Once triggered, those molecules initiate a series of events that results in an elevated mood and sometimes an out of body experience.

Willmore and her team trained rats to recognize the sensations caused by a well-understood drug that targets kappa opioid receptors. The rats were placed in a chamber with two switches. Each rodent learned to push the lever that was marked by a red light when it was feeling the effects of the drug. When they felt no unusual effects, the rodents would push a different lever that was marked with an amber lamp. Pressing the correct lever several times always earned them a 45 milligram food pellet as a reward.

It is impossible to know exactly how the rats felt during the test, but they could not tell the difference between the active chemical in sage and the one they had been trained to identify. Since the drugs feel the same, both of them must activate the same target.

The mystery of Salvinorin A is far from over. There are many different types of kappa-opioid receptors. Some control mood, while others regulate appetite, pain, and even addictive behaviors. The next step may be to find out which of these subtypes can be set off by the hallucinogenic molecule. Slight variations upon the natural chemical may become drugs that target only a single type of receptor and thus elegantly treat a single illness with a minimum of side effects.

So now we know why they're suddenly out to criminalize it.  Big pharma's gotten a whiff of it.

Yep.  If they can make money off of it, you can pretty much kiss it goodbye.  I'll bet Kratom won't be too far off.

eethie wrote:

got my salvia 5x and i'm ready for some hardcore meditation.

You do have the right idea I suppose but I'm afraid that the effects of smoking salvia may not be perfectly appropriate if you're going for a meditation session. Unless of course by 'hardcore meditation' you mean near instantaneous out-body-experience/black-out. In general I've found that the main function of smoking salvia would be to essentially take your consciousness or your 'energy self' and dump it right out of the body. Hence in-body meditation would rightly prove quite difficult.

Here's the other thread in case you hadn't seen it yet.

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=2894

I am as is Void.

Xenopope wrote:
eethie wrote:

got my salvia 5x and i'm ready for some hardcore meditation.

You do have the right idea I suppose but I'm afraid that the effects of smoking salvia may not be perfectly appropriate if you're going for a meditation session. Unless of course by 'hardcore meditation' you mean near instantaneous out-body-experience/black-out. In general I've found that the main function of smoking salvia would be to essentially take your consciousness or your 'energy self' and dump it right out of the body. Hence in-body meditation would rightly prove quite difficult.

Here's the other thread in case you hadn't seen it yet.

Agreed meditation is not the word i would use either, if you get breakthrough its a full blown OBE, instant ego death, you wont even remember smoking anything. Someone could cut your leg of and you would not know a thing about it so consider a trusted sitter.
Be carefull with this stuff and find your own limits to stay in the "mediation" range if thats your goal.

Its not like we are fractions of the whole but rather versions of the whole.

can someone explain to me what is salvia meditation? i'm sorry for being unware of this or dumb, i'm just starting to get more close to the spiritual life, even though i had weird experience, and why is it ilegal in some states, wink, i'm new to the forum and i'm berly starting to read all posts,
                                                           later!

EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE!

The advertising of salvia for sale as a sativa type plant (Fake Buds) helped to destroy salvias subtle presence in America. Salvia is a heavy disconnect and it is dangerous for city/suburbanite folks who think it's a social thing.
Salvia is for Priest/Sages/Prophets/Warlocks/Sorcerers/Witches/Mages and a tool of the Savior.

It's near DMT but not as extreme... yet extreme in it's own way. Extra Dimensional Beings Do Exist.

Hyperdimensional Blogging

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/siriarc/two_cents.gif

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic. … 94&p=3   #37

11   23   11

Bhang wrote:

The advertising of salvia for sale as a sativa type plant (Fake Buds) helped to destroy salvias subtle presence in America. Salvia is a heavy disconnect and it is dangerous for city/suburbanite folks who think it's a social thing.
Salvia is for Priest/Sages/Prophets/Warlocks/Sorcerers/Witches/Mages and a tool of the Savior.

It's near DMT but not as extreme... yet extreme in it's own way. Extra Dimensional Beings Do Exist.

It pushes the veil aside, and then you're home again. Yes, extra-dimensional beings do exist and some of them are very concerned about your welfare. For me, Salvia temporarily removes the control mechanism, I feel gratitude, and I feel a connection to everything. It is a beautiful plant with some powerful lessons. I could see why TPTB would want to remove such possibilities. Buy it up while you can!

This may sound strange to some but if you want to try Salvia, say a prayer and give gratitude to the spirit of the plant. It is very conscious of you and your thoughts. Then let go. Any kind of active meditation, in my experience anyways, just creates stress and paranoia (although this is possible after the peaks wear off - at that point I find I can contact my Ally/Spirit Guide/Higher Self and write down any messages). You just have to flow with it and give yourself to her. She is like a mother - there is so much love, so much.